Based on integrity, expertise and commitment, we deliver electrical products and technical solutions for the sustainable success of our customers, employees and suppliers.
NorthEast Electrical Distributors is the #1 Choice for Electrical Products and Services!
NorthEast is a full-service electrical distributor to Electrical Contractors, Industrial, OEM, Utility, and Institutional customers. With its’ Industrial/OEM Division, NorthEast Electrical Distributors has grown into one of the largest electrical distributors in New England offering 32 convenient locations. The company operates these 32 strategically located branch locations throughout the 6 New England States in order to make exceptional customer service available to our customers.
NorthEast prides itself on its value-added service offerings and its highly trained and knowledgeable staff. We have built a solid and compelling foundation of product, distribution, and customer relations. With one of the largest product offerings in New England, superior logistics, shared resources and strong vendor relations, NorthEast provides the highest level of customer service.
Report to: Director of Human Resources
The purpose of this position is to lead, develop and coordinate training programs for all employees and interact closely with all levels of the management team. The person in this position is responsible to develop the skills, knowledge and capabilities of our employees to meet current and future needs of the company. This position will interface with the Sonepar-US Training and Development Team.
- Work with managers to develop individual employee learning plans based on organizational needs and employee career path objectives.
- Act as a primary point of contact and coordinator for trainee development programs
- Coordinate the implementation of employee vendor training programs
- Develop a strategy for closing the gap to address company workforce needs
- Assist in the development and coordinate with consultants and training vendors for the the Leadership Development Program
- Establish career paths for various functional areas and determine the related curriculum for each level within the functional areas
- Work with Human Resources and managers to identify employees whose development can be accelerated and who express a desire to learn, have the potential, and a track record of success
- Participant on the Sonepar-USA Training/Development Team/Learning Council
- Develop processes and serve as an administrator of the Sonepar-USA Learning Management System and and ensure the related tools and programs are implemented, utilized, and supported by the company
- Coordinate the training orientation for new employees
- Manage and track the progress of individual employee learning plans
- Minimum four year college degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience in a corporate business setting preferably in training, human resources or administration.
- Proven experience with developing, facilitating and implementing organizational training programs.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Knowledge of training methods and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
NorthEast is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V