Sr. Technical Java Lead –NYC
Join our growing Drupal team. Innovative. Smart. We are NorthPoint.
Be a part of this INC 5000-ranked company. Apply now!
ABOUT NORTHPOINT® WE LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE.
NorthPoint is an enterprise digital platform strategy and technology consulting firm based in New York City. Our expertise includes but is not limited to Content Strategy, Information Architecture, Content Management Systems, Web Technology, Search, SEO, Social Media, and Mobile.
We provide clients across the Media, Publishing, Healthcare, Education, and Not-for-Profit industries with strategic and tactical consulting and implementation services to help them achieve their business goals. Our goal is to help these organizations author, manage, and deliver content of any type to any platform or device including mobile, websites, knowledge management portals, intranets, and extranets.
Ideally, candidates should possess a strong foundation in Content Solutions, but we recognize talent from all background. That being said, you must have a proven track record of sound code design, reuse, and maintenance. An end-to-end knowledge of the content management and web application space is a must. Your experience with the majority (or all) of the following will prove invaluable: performance and scalability, design and tuning, data migration, SEO strategy execution, CDN implementation, metrics and third-party web services integration, and general knowledge of open source products and frameworks. The successful candidate will have an understanding of general system administration in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments, database administration and tuning, and web server configuration.
- Provide Senior Java level analysis, architecture, design and development skills
- Construct full project plans for multiple resources including estimating time frames, multi-resource plans, and reconciliation
- Function as Sr. Technical resource and work with minimal supervision and guarantee the technical delivery of all work you and your team are directly involved in
- Display ability to work independently at a client
- Deep knowledge in a vertical industry or horizontal area of expertise supported by NorthPoint
- Java J2EE Object Oriented Programming skills with CMS experience
- Experience with Product Development
- Experience with Interwoven a CMS system, (CQ5, OpenCms,Hippo, Magnolia), or other Java content management systems.
- In addition, the successful candidate will have expertise in general system administration in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments, database administration and tuning, and web server configuration.
- Unix/Linux commanding line scripting & 3rd party search engine configuration and integration
- Experience with web server configuration, tuning, proxy, and load balancing
- Java frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and Seam
- Relational entity persistence technologies such as Hibernate, iBatis, and JPA
- Hands on work with search applications such as Solr/Lucene and Google search appliance
Nice to have:
EXPERIENCE WITH MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT - iOS and Android platforms
Apache Felix, Jackrabbit (or other JCR implementations), Apache Sling, and OSGi are a plus. Python and Ruby programming are a strong plus.
COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS:
Annual compensation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, 401K Plan with Company Match, Flexible Spending Account, Public Transportation Incentives, Company Paid Training Programs.
PLEASE NO AGENCIES OR STAFFING RECRUITERS
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
NorthPoint is a leading business and technology consulting firm specializing in custom business applications and solutions that help clients...