Northampton Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 11, 2017
It is a great place to work but I chose to leave because I need a full time job. I am trying to find a full time job in order to have employee benefit especial healthcare insurance.
no room for advancement
Morning Adjunct Secretary (part time) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 10, 2017
it is the part timers vs the full timers, and there is no room for advancement. When there is a full time position, it is typically filled from the outside.
Pros
relaxed working environment
Cons
no benefits, no breaks, no lunch.
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 28, 2017
While teaching, you meet various students that you can connect with. Truly enjoyable to be able to offer your skills to make someone better. Everyone is respectful and willing to help each other.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Overall great place to work and use a s stepping stone towards my future
Para-Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, PASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a Spanish tutor. I learned so much as well as reflected on my own practice as an educator. The environment is both nurturing and professional.
Lack of Management or Director of Program for Adjuncts
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 15, 2017
Management didn't seem to care about Adjunct Staff and never met in any type of collaborative working environment to better the program. Also, not even telling Adjuncts they have been re-assigned with no current classes and the said Adjunct having to call and confirm the reason they haven't received a new Contract. Teaching an Interior Design Program the same way the Architectural Program is done. Oddly, Interiors can't transfer to accredited Drexel University, but the Architecture classmates can to Drexel's Architecture Program. Seems the Interior Design Program is severely lacking.
Pros
Students and Staff that were in contact
Cons
When they decide to hire someone instead of you, not even qualified for the course, and don't bother calling to say they re-assigned the course till the day of classes. Classy
excellent place to work
reference librarian (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 24, 2017
Very professional work environment. An excellent place to work. Well run by great staff who are committed to their student body. Would recommend to anyone looking for a job in academia.
Fun staff
East Stroudsburg University Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 16, 2017
Overall a fun place to work and not too much stress. Great facilities and hard working and successful management and faculty. Would have loved to continue working here.
Dedication to Students
Director of Online Learning & Ed Tech (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 6, 2017
NCC is quality organization and community college in Bethlehem, PA providing a broad range of credit and non-credit options for individuals. The programs are quality, faculty are experts in their field, and staff members are impressive professionals. NCC is know for its dedication and commitment to the success of our students! This is the NCC way and heart of our organization.
Productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 7, 2017
Attending the college wasn't too bad. Its a nice environment, easy to get along with others and very fun. As for working there at the cafe, it wasn't the best place to be, in my opinion. A typical day would be sort of slow, but there was much cleaning to do. At times the pace of customers would pick up, but there was still much to do overall. Management was not the greatest, but manageable. The hardest part of the job was all the cleaning that had be done. I've done some of the dirty work when no one else wanted to. Cleaning the tables would be rough, the students would leave full meals on the table instead of cleaning them off. Some students would tease and get mad at me for cleaning the tables when it was part of my job. Sometimes dealing with management would be a hassle too. I wasn't paid very often nor was I paid on time most of the time I was working there. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing some of the events that went on as i worked at the college.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Not paid on time.
Has alot of interesting people and veeh fun overall.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 24, 2017
It's a wonderful school full of unique people who are very friendly. Every one gets along with each other and most professors take time out of their day to help students.
awesome work place
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 9, 2017
Loved coming to work and seeing all of my co-worker there, everybody is really nice and respected. They are very flexible with yours time and days. they will help you with any problems or something you dont understand. they are very clear on everything. they give you a task to do all day to keep you busy going.
Pros
dicount
Cons
short breaks
Caring Workplace
Para-Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 7, 2017
Having worked at Northampton Community College for over four years - I have seen so many students come through. My co-workers and the entire staff at Northampton truly care about the student population. There are so many events and resources that allow for learning to be a positive, fun environment.
Great school to attend
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 5, 2017
Northampton Community College is one of the top 10 colleges in my opinion. I have been there since 2011 and I have nothing negative to say. I had great experience and they offer different majors.
Great Community College
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 12, 2017
Students are ready to learn, I love teaching only my expertise and passion. It's fun to have the gamut of age groups and life experiences that are part of the classroom interaction. Very supportive staff.
Nice people to work with
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PA 18372April 3, 2017
this was a professional place to work. I learned from my co workers. I was cross trained by my manager and was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge by attending school tuition free.
Pros
Nice atmosphire
Cons
Pay was low
Work Day
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 29, 2017
I learn a great deal work for the college great work place great food excellent teachers and staff who really care about students I recommend too school for anyone in need of improving self
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
learning field. fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 16, 2017
very helpful staff. I did it on a voluntary basis and not for the money. loved to help nursing support services and gain the experience. very good staff.
Pros
fun to work there
Fun place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 14, 2017
Excellent organization with projection and support. The faculty members as the Deans are committed to excellence. The support for students is above and beyond.
Pros
Support
Great place to intern!
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 5, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed interning with the Public Informations office and Social Media. My boss was incredible and made the job very exciting. Working as an intern for Northampton Community College never felt like work. I would definitely recommend it.
Wonderful Environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 5, 2017
I only worked there a few months and I loved it. I met some nice people there and became friends although some employee's would try and become the boss.
Pros
Nice People, Great food
Cons
People being rude, Trying to be the boss