Northampton Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Very fun place
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 17, 2016
This is the community college that I currently attend and I have learned a lot and have gotten the opportunity to be surrounded by many different people.
Pros
diversity
Cons
long nights
Positive work environment
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2016
Positive work environment, with supportive faculty and staff members.
It is a place to learn and grow, professors deal with many students each semester, and each student brings his personality into the classroom environment. One has to be able to manage student behavior, prepare lesson plans for each class, and be enthusiastic and creative when presenting the material.
Pros
Supportive faculty and staff
Cons
no benefits for adjunct professors
Great place to work.
ESL Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed teaching at the Monroe campus and currently at main in Bethlehem. I teach multiple English as a Second Language courses to a diverse student body.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
None.
A good place to work
Adjunct professor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 3, 2015
It was fun to teach the language and culture I was familiar with and was exited to see students make progresses. People could learn regardless their age as long as they practice. My job was to make the classroom a happy and interesting place to be and I did just that.
Pros
Happy working environment.
Cons
Not enough working hours
Enjoyable Working Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 16, 2015
NCC Employees are genuinely caring people that makes my job a pleasure to come to work every day. Employees work as a team across departments to meet the needs of all the stakeholders. NCC offers great benefits and competitive compensation.
High school
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 9, 2015
The Easton Area School District is one of the best in the area. It is dedicated to academics, sports and music programs. The teachers are hands on and creative.
Typical day at Northampton
P/T Secretary to Director Of Housing (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Northampton Community College, workplace great, co-workers, great I enjoyed working with the students, I felt in my job I was helping. It was very rewarding.
Ncc
Adminisrtative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Main campus, Bethlehem, PASeptember 2, 2015
Great work environment where teamwork is the example. Began as a student and have remained as a part time employee. This position has drawn on my strengths and challenged me to learn. The hardest part of my job has been to find fulltime work within the school.
fast pase and enjoyable enviroment
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 24, 2015
As a secretary assistance I was in charge of all the administrative dealings of the office, I needed to be active and organize so I could keep the office in order and functioning, my coworkers were grateful and helpful.
NCC - Learning Center Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJuly 5, 2015
This is a public place where you work with individual that are kind and consecrate people, The thing that you will learn is how to at least communicate with people between the tutors and students. The manager is very laid back and calm but he very attentive when he's around. The tutors are opened and ready to help anyone when it's needed often times they get swamped with schedule and groups. The hardest part was the commitment and the time of the learning center as long you have a car you will be satisfied with travel but have fun taking the Pocono Pony if they care to come. The thing you will enjoy about the job is a free-flow communication and connection between the people around you.
Pros
Free help and lessons
Cons
Transportation and Weather conditions(Winter and Early Spring)
Amazing Employer
Chef Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 8, 2015
I work with an amazing department. The faculty, staff, students are diverse and you are constantly learning something new about yourself and the school.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
NONE
Great work place and co-workers
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 4, 2015
Northampton Community College is a great place to work overall. Helped students learn how to trouble shoot curcuits and use hand tools to further their careers down the road.
Worked as a teacher
teacher (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 8, 2015
Worked as a teacher here for summer program. This course was excellent and they gave me lots of flexibility to create my own plans for the summer class. My boss was amazing to work with and I am still in touch with them as colleagues.
lots of activitis with employees managment very active with workers
vocational student (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAMarch 20, 2015
very fun place to work, management very active help a lot co-workers nice people,the hardest part was a nite job,the best part of job holidays partys
Pros
weekends off
Cons
not steady work seasonal
Fun Place
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2015
very interesting place to work with students who have the passion of learning. Working with people helped me elevate my fear and reinforced my leadership skill. My co-workers were very helpful anytime I asked them advice. However, tutoring 10 students all together was challenging because I was supposed to teach them how to solve some difficult math.
Friendly, Informative and knowledgable.
Records Filer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 31, 2015
I would get my list of assignments to do for the day based on priorities. I've learned how to be organized, maintain everything in a numeric as well as alphabetical order and work independently at times. The co-workers were very polite, informative and helpful. The hardest part was understanding writings on paperwork when filing but thanks to the ladies would always make my job a little easier. I enjoyed my job a lot starting from the staff to the job itself.
Pros
convient schedule, different things everyday.
Cons
work-study position only.
Great Culture
Hotel and Restaurant Division - Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Northampton Community College has a history of providing excellent training and education for the residents of the Lehigh Valley and the Pocono Mountains.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  bath p.a 18014November 7, 2014
Currently Attending. Pursuing higher education, working on my vet tech major.
Pros
student
Cons
student
this is a per Diem position
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 22, 2014
This is a rewarding position. It is on a student by student basis. The only downside is if a student doesn't attend class neither do you. It's a good part-time job
Professor, Health and Physical Education (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work. Students are fantastic, co-workers are kind, and helpful.

Northampton Community College Reviews by Location