Northampton Community College

Northampton Community College Employer Reviews

Awesome Work Environment
Early Childhood Instructor (Online) (Current Employee), Bethleham PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: virtual environment
This position has allowed me the opportunity to work with childcare professionals, seeking the CDA credential. There isn't anything that is difficult about this job, but very rewarding as I watch the students complete their goals of receiving the National Credentials.
Friendly, open environment; Freedom to work independently; high academic faculty level
Training Instructor (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PADecember 4, 2013
My own personal experience working at Northampton Community College has been extremely pleasant, challenging, and intellectually rewarding. A typical day includes a given teaching load during which time I hold classes which serve to improve a student's reading, writing and critical thinking skills. Part of this time is spent modelling a particular skill – more... such as critiquing an essay. Time is then used for students to implement the skill that was modelled. They may work independently and/or in groups, depending on the nature of the assignment. Computers are often used to facilitate the mastery of a particular skill. For example, after learning about certain aspects of research, students may be asked to use the internet for information gathering on a given topic.
Generally speaking, the college environment encourages freedom of expression and the use of technology to implement course work. Students are eager to learn, responsive to critical thinking ideology, independent, and mature. Faculty members are, by and large, a very caring group of people who place the interests of the students above their own personal gain y without continuing to grow intellectually as well as professionally.
For me, the most difficult part of the job is walking away from it!! – less
Pretty Cool Place To Work
Custodian (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 1, 2013
Pros: solitude, great supervisor
Cons: cant think of any
Boss is SUPER COOL and work isnt really too tiresome. Great CO WORKERS. and the best part is no one breething down your throat while you work! lol
fun library
Student Assistant - Library (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 30, 2013
nice working environment, everyone helps me to feel welcomed
Great college, great job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 9, 2013
I worked here while I was in school. It is a great place for students to learn on the job and in class.
A fun, enjoyable place to work.
French and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAMay 29, 2013
Pros: an awesome team of co-workers; a satisfying and fulfilling job
Working here, I learned to communicate in different ways with different people. Everyone learns in a unique way and, as a tutor, I was able to cater to students' needs by identifying their areas of difficulty and providing the proper aid they required. This taught me to be attentive and to communicate effectively. Overall, it was a great experience, – more... and I was able to obtain interpersonal skills that I had not possessed prior to working here. – less
great opportunity
Teacher (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 15, 2013
Teaching skills I know in my spare time is a great way to network!
Great work environment interacting and managing the children
Assistant to the Director of Summer Youth Programs (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 8, 2013
Great boss who allowed the work place to be fun while still getting work done productively
My experience as an instructional assistant was very pleasant and educational.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close proxity to home nad good parking
Cons: no benefits
Great place to work, central location in city, clean upbeat environment. friend employees and helpful.
Student
College Student (Former Employee), Tannersville, PANovember 18, 2012
Pros: degree
I was a student and a parent. I like that I could take online classes. The teachers overall was great. I enjoyed my classes.
Communications is packed with great people.
Poster Design (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
If you can work there, you should love the atmosphere. But prepared, they demand your best work.
Private Consultant
Systems Engineer/ Webmaster (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 5, 2012
Worked as a network Engineer/WebMaster. Consolidated DNS Server, Rebuilt the web site.