Northampton Community College

Northampton Community College Employee Reviews

Amazing Employer
Chef Instructor (Current Employee), Tannersville, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: NONE
I work with an amazing department. The faculty, staff, students are diverse and you are constantly learning something new about yourself and the school.
Great work place and co-workers
Lab assistant (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 4, 2015
Northampton Community College is a great place to work overall. Helped students learn how to trouble shoot curcuits and use hand tools to further their careers down the road.
Worked as a teacher
teacher (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 8, 2015
Worked as a teacher here for summer program. This course was excellent and they gave me lots of flexibility to create my own plans for the summer class. My boss was amazing to work with and I am still in touch with them as colleagues.
lots of activitis with employees managment very active with workers
vocational student (Former Employee), Tobyhanna, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: not steady work seasonal
very fun place to work, management very active help a lot co-workers nice people,the hardest part was a nite job,the best part of job holidays partys
Fun Place
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2015
very interesting place to work with students who have the passion of learning. Working with people helped me elevate my fear and reinforced my leadership skill. My co-workers were very helpful anytime I asked them advice. However, tutoring 10 students all together was challenging because I was supposed to teach them how to solve some difficult math.
Friendly, Informative and knowledgable.
Records Filer (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: convient schedule, different things everyday.
Cons: work-study position only.
I would get my list of assignments to do for the day based on priorities. I've learned how to be organized, maintain everything in a numeric as well as alphabetical order and work independently at times. The co-workers were very polite, informative and helpful. The hardest part was understanding writings on paperwork when filing but thanks to the ladies would always make my job a little easier. I enjoyed my job a lot starting from the staff to the job itself.
Great Culture
Hotel and Restaurant Division - Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Northampton Community College has a history of providing excellent training and education for the residents of the Lehigh Valley and the Pocono Mountains.
Student
Student (Current Employee), bath p.a 18014November 7, 2014
Pros: student
Cons: student
Currently Attending. Pursuing higher education, working on my vet tech major.
this is a per Diem position
Note Taker (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 22, 2014
This is a rewarding position. It is on a student by student basis. The only downside is if a student doesn't attend class neither do you. It's a good part-time job
Professor, Health and Physical Education (Current Employee), Tannersville, PAOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work. Students are fantastic, co-workers are kind, and helpful.
Fun place to work.
Fitness center associate (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 24, 2014
Youre surrounded by educated people, which makes it more interesting.
Exposure to the art world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethlehem PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: meeting local artist and seeing their work
Cons: really can't think of any
This was a faced paced environment in a educational setting. Great exposure to the art world as well as local artist.
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 13, 2014
I work about 10 hours a week and I have learned how to manage time, students, and giving the students the best answer I could. however, the hardest part of the job is not much and I really enjoy working with people around me and the others at this company.
Just take anyone
n/a (Former Employee), n/aApril 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: the students
This institution hired me right out of college (I was 22 w/ a Masters). I was excited to teach here until I set foot in class on the first day. The Dean placed me in a class that was not in my scope of learning (why would you place a professor in a class that he/she did not teach nor learn prior to getting there); the majority of students didn't know how to read nor right; and there were a number of criminals to whose parole officers and parents I had to answer to constantly. I am glad the departments here have a high turnover (so as not to create tenure for its workers) because I was able to quit the very last day of class easily.
Fantastic Program from a Fantastic College
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great environment, great students
I never went to school at NCC. When I started tutoring here I found it to be a very friendly atmosphere with a variety of technology and supplies available. Since then I have found the staff to be great, the teachers to be passionate about their courses, and the students to be dedicated to their studies.
Awesome Work Environment
Early Childhood Instructor (Online) (Current Employee), Bethleham PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: virtual environment
This position has allowed me the opportunity to work with childcare professionals, seeking the CDA credential. There isn't anything that is difficult about this job, but very rewarding as I watch the students complete their goals of receiving the National Credentials.
Friendly, open environment; Freedom to work independently; high academic faculty level
Training Instructor (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PADecember 4, 2013
My own personal experience working at Northampton Community College has been extremely pleasant, challenging, and intellectually rewarding. A typical day includes a given teaching load during which time I hold classes which serve to improve a student's reading, writing and critical thinking skills. Part of this time is spent modelling a particular skill such as critiquing an essay. Time is then used for students to implement the skill that was modelled. They may work independently and/or in groups, depending on the nature of the assignment. Computers are often used to facilitate the mastery of a particular skill. For example, after learning about certain aspects of research, students may be asked to use the internet for information gathering on a given topic.
Generally speaking, the college environment encourages freedom of expression and the use of technology to implement course work. Students are eager to learn, responsive to critical thinking ideology, independent, and mature. Faculty members are, by and large, a very caring group of people who place the interests of the students above their own personal gain y without continuing to grow intellectually as well as professionally.
For me, the most difficult part of the job is walking away from it!!
Pretty Cool Place To Work
Custodian (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PANovember 1, 2013
Pros: solitude, great supervisor
Cons: cant think of any
Boss is SUPER COOL and work isnt really too tiresome. Great CO WORKERS. and the best part is no one breething down your throat while you work! lol
fun library
Student Assistant - Library (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 30, 2013
nice working environment, everyone helps me to feel welcomed
Great college, great job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJune 9, 2013
I worked here while I was in school. It is a great place for students to learn on the job and in class.