NORTHBROOK PARK DISTRICT Employee Reviews

You do not want to work for Parks
Seasonal Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 9, 2017
Northbrook Park District Parks and Properties department treats their maintenance workers (especially seasonals) badly. Everyone has to be trained to use any type of equipment (even if you already have experience) and they never get around to actually training you on most of the stuffy. Seasonal workers aren't even allowed to use half of the equipment. Administrative stuff takes forever. If you are a good worker and work hard but then make a couple big mistakes, all the good stuff is ignored.
challenging, fun, interesting environment
Information Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 21, 2017
a typical day at work would start out by checking open tech requests, then moving around the town to meet said requests. i learned more about computers, as well as myself. the main office was like any other office space, but each building was slightly different, some where more laid back, and other where more professional. some had to work with the public while other where only focused on the inner workings of the park district. the hardest part of the job would have to be the demand; it was almost a constant stream of work requests which i enjoyed on occasion, although tiring, it kept me busy. the most enjoyable part of the job was the minor travel; i would have to drive from building to building, setting up equipment, breaking down equipment and moving it from building to building.
Productive and fun place to work. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Some days are busier then others and there can be a lot of down time.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work is signing up clients for programs, classes, memberships, etc... I've learned a new program named Class, which is where we enter all of the clients information. I enjoy working for my manager and my co-workers on a regular basis. The hardest part of my job is the down time which happens during certain times of the year and the salary could be higher. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the clients. I consider myself a great people person.
Cons
Low salary and not enough hours to work.
Fun place to work
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMarch 22, 2016
Learned leadership skills from becoming a camp counselor.
Communication skills and how to work with others.
Lots of fun to work at.
Northbrook Park District
Athletic Attendant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 30, 2015
The Northbrook Park District is an organization that allows young employees to strengthen skills in many important areas. These areas include organizational skills, teamwork skills, communication skills, and much more. The NPD allows its employees to grow by instilling them with responsibilities such as supervising children, coaching them in sports, being a referee for sports games, acting as a counselor at numerous summer camp programs, and staying in direct contact with parents who are clients of the business.
Hands on with kids to ensure a safe and fun environment for all
Before and After School Site Director (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 4, 2014
The aftercare program begins at 2:45pm and goes until 6:30pm. This program is structured with homework time, outdoor play, arts, crafts and sports.
Easy to workwith management
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 30, 2014
The constant change in upper management was stressful. Each had a different way they wanted things done.
A great learning experience!
Director of summer camp program (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 11, 2012
The northbrook park district is a great place to work especially in the summer! The have a great summer camp program and their supervising staff is always available when you need them!