NORTHCARE Employee Reviews

Beware of managment
BHCMII,Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2017
Came to work everyday with 100% effort and care to clients, and was thrown under the bus by management. they seem like they are willing to help and that they care but they really don't care about anyone but themselves
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
unpredictable staff
avoid working for this place
therapist (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityDecember 7, 2016
Some of the management are bullies. they tell you lies to your face, and but actually mean something different. They don't help you improve on your job.
Pros
You get off work at 5pm
Cons
everything is bad
Fun Workplace
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2016
Open Doors and roll over phones at 8am
Check patients in and out
answer phone,direct them to the right person
make copies,fax,email
make packets for therapist
at the end of the day make sure phones are rolled over, waiting area is clean and locked up
Great learning experience.
Graduate Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2016
I was able to shadow a variety of licensed professionals at different stages of licensure as well as provide therapy to my own clients.
Good entry level career
Treatment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  enid okOctober 22, 2015
Typical day at work is always changing. Coworkers and management make the job. I was lucky enough to have great of both. Hours are killer, however I loved working with the families.
perfection or clique preferred
therapist (Former Employee) –  okcSeptember 15, 2015
On call, overworked, expected to be very submissive and non challenging, used my own resources at times, log hours and expenses to clients for reimbursement, go into homes that are sometimes not well kept, clients were OK, management is a nightmare. Because of right to work you do not question an employer about anything. I felt powerless and used up. They lied about my performance and skills as well as telling me they needed to practise supervising using me and others. Unemployment denied and they flat out lied. Triangulate repeatedly and set you up to fail.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
right to work, overworked, management is rigid and unfair
Supportive work environment
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 26, 2014
I learned so much working at Northcare and would recommend it to anyone entering into the counseling or social services field. The supervisors have an open door policy and do everything in their power to support the staff and help them to become successful. The organization is diverse with the lgbt community and various ethnic communities represented both in the staff and the client population. One must be very skilled at self care and time management to work at Northcare. Though the pay scale is lower than I would have liked (and a reason I suspect many people who work there move on), it is a wonderful place to work especially for individuals fresh out of college.
Pros
High level of support, Many training opportunities
Cons
Pay is too low
Perhaps okay if you just came from college.
OCS Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2014
My typical work day was "flexible," meaning I could have visits starting at 8 am and end work at 8 pm. However, the program manager and director only want you to work an eight hour work day. This means you must take multiple breaks throughout the day. This may be fine for a single young person directly out of school, but if you are a parent, something that should be a boon in working a caseload with young families who have questions about parenting, you are expected to put your own family aside to the benefit of the families you work for. This combined with no actual chances for advancement, low end mileage composition and a high turnover rate make the job environment harsh. You are also expected to have all of your notes, reports intakes and closures done within three days time. Also, you must allot part of your work week for endless training, in office meetings and staffing. After the last contract renewal, the CHBS program also dropped the actual title of "case manager" to save money by not providing case management training for workers, instead re-titling them "family preservation specialists." If management finds you are searching for another job, they will force you to resign, stating that company policy dictates looking for other employment is considered resignation.
Pros
Amazon Gift Cards for surveys
Cons
bad management, no advancement, poor work environment, high turnover
A good place to work
ReMerge Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK May 16, 2013
NorthCare is a good place to work to learn and to grow. They offer really good education. The work load is large but the culture is really good.
Working with a variety of clients
Disability Determination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2012
it was a pleasure being able to assist in working with families. This role was very fulfilling to be a part of placing children with families.
Pros
being a part of the process of getting children placed with families
Cons
not knowing if the family will really provide a good home
excellent company
home health nurse (Former Employee) –  greenville north carolinaAugust 15, 2012
Excellent company to work for advancement in the company, bonus and excellent benefits 401k and medical