NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE

NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Teachers great
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJune 4, 2014
I worked here while going to school, and the teachers were great.
Enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), WausauJanuary 12, 2014
I loved working with the facutly and staff at NTC. It made my day purposeful to know that everyday I helped change a students life and their education.
Independent teaching job
Registered Nurse, CNA instructor (Current Employee), Wausau, WIDecember 19, 2013
Pros: independent
Cons: only 3 times/year
I teach three classes/year for nursing assistant students looking at becoming certified. This job is independent and rewarding. There are others available when needed.
I enjoy working people orientated jobs
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Wausau, WINovember 15, 2013
Pros: tutor material was available.
Cons: short hours
I enjoyed working for NTC because I was able to work with a wide range of people that I couls help and assist.
Culture Friendly Office to enjoy work at!
Administrative Assitant-General Studies Division (Current Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2013
Pros: open friendly office enviroment
Cons: always busy work to do
The office is quiet during the summer hours. But once school is in full swing there is always work to do. It's been wonderful to be working in the General Studies Division so far. Here I am able to learn so much about NTC as a whole and how the organization runs.
Northcentral Technical College offers excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJune 2, 2013
Pros: academic freedom is alive and well at northcentral technial college
Cons: union rules constrian the opportunities for adjuncts to accept more assignments
The most enjoyable part of the job is the development of teacher/student rapport. Each semester starts the process again. This type of arrangement is perfect for my demeanor. Managers at NTC encourage adjunct involvement in the many extra curricular activities and happening on campus, but, these are not mandatory; teachers can pick and choose without – more... feeling obligated to take on more than what is comfortable to balance school, work, and family life. The beauty of this position--having done it for almost ten years--is that one can fly under the radar without intervention from middle and upper level managers. The most difficult part of the job is maintaining cash flow between terms. – less
Friendly enviroment
Office Assistant/Student Employee/ Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Phillips, WINovember 14, 2012
Very rewarding to help students and see them succeed at their classes
Amazing to work with students as well as being an assistant
Office Assistant/ Volunteer (Current Employee), Wausau, WIMarch 19, 2012
Pros: new skills, not sitting in one place
Cons: only 3 days a week
The enviroment is clean and the students are friendly. My teacher is an amazing teacher as well as boss.
work was fun
Work Study (Former Employee), 1000 Campus DriveDecember 6, 2011
I enjoyed all the people I worked for, but the bad part was that I couldn't work all summer long with them w/o going to school.