NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Workstudy
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 5, 2017
Flexible work study position. Great experience and great staff. Very helpful when learning new tasks. Relaxed yet professional environment to work in. Great to meet new students coming in for services.
Very interesting trainer
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 1, 2017
My internship there was amazing I had a very helpful trainer and very explicit I have learned a lot from him. He gave me the opportunity to learn and improve myself.
Great place to work.
Instructors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 5, 2017
I worked here part time while going to school. Extremely flexible. I like helping others and this role allowed me to do this while in the classroom and in the ITEC learning center.
Productive and wonderful coworkers
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 24, 2017
The environment was organized and efficient. The coworkers were wonderful and my supervisor was one of the best i've ever had. I loved the flow of the office and hope to find that again someday.
Positive, Relaxed, Professional
NTC Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 12, 2017
Employees and students are foward thinkers with positive attitudes toward work and people. There is no question left unanswered, and communication is highly encouraged, and provided.
Fun workplace that wants to help you improve yourself
K12 Workstudy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 18, 2017
Working here was an amazing experience. They always made sure that I was learning and improving my work skills. It was great to have such positive people surrounding me and encouraging me to continue my schooling.
Ntc
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, TEMP (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at the front desk of Disability & Testing to assist students and staff. I set up many of the tests for students, scheduled appointments for accommodations, handling daily deposits, logs, and reconciliation accordingly.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Temporary job
Special attention given to helping returning adults pursue higher education.
Enrollment Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Typical day was spent meeting with or talking to students over the phone or via e-mail, to register for the correct class for them personally.
Pros
Helping adults who had lost their jobs take a first step to their future.
Cons
Not being able to provide medical field classes to students due to great demand.
Modern facilities and skilled co-workers
Full-time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 31, 2016
Grateful for the opportunity to teach NTC Machine Tool students.
Enjoyed working with students, other faculty and support staff members and department and upper management team members.
Not the best place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 15, 2016
A lot of politics in this place. Many who are there are simply there for the paycheck and not as caring about students as they should be which is disappointing.

Want to know more about NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE?

Ask a question
This was a work study job so it was temporary
Work Study NCTC (Former Employee) –  Wittenberg, WINovember 9, 2016
It was a nice setting. I did receptionist duties and was able to do homework too. The people I worked with were nice and helpful.
Good place to work.
Adjunct instructor (psychology) (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 1, 2016
Adjunct instructors are treated with respect and given the freedom and trust to do what they do best, which is teach. I'd recommend NTC to anyone who is looking for full time or part time work.
Great experience
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 15, 2016
Great hands on experience working in a good working environment with friendly coworkers and flexible scheduling. Opened and closed claimant files, entered and paid bills, distributed mail, file and sort folders, etc.
Serious issues at the top.
Management (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Employees were generally fantastic. Benefits are outstanding. Leadership team has some serious issues. There is a separate set of rules for leadership and they pretty much do as they please, without having to adhere to college processes and procedures. Definitely a ton of preferential treatment to top employees - example - almost everyone in top management has a child working at the college (even their children's boyfriends and girlfriends get hired). You don't see that kind of job placement for children with any other employees at the college. Sounds cliche', but if someone decides they don't like you, for whatever reason, you might as well start looking for another job. Proceed with caution.
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers. Beautiful campus.
Cons
Management instead of leadership.
Fun Environment
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 13, 2015
I enjoy spending my days here. I like the people and instructors. They make learning fun and want you to succeed.Everyday I meet new people doing tours and help the college.
Busy and Fun Work Place
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 24, 2015
I love the fact that it's flexible and everything is easy to manage. I haven't had a hard time here at all. I like my coworkers and bosses. I enjoy working here.
Working in the school campus, always flexible for answering questions from staffs or students for directions to the campus.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 9, 2015
Working as a custodian is not just cleaning but learned to handle multiple projects and prioritize efficiently and ready to respond to all calls through out the college.
Great work team
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 4, 2015
A lot of politics at the college. Have made some very good friends. Can be a fairly high intense day Trying to convince myself that this is good.
Pros
Good taste in decorare
Cons
Too many politics
Productive workplace
Instructor/Coordinator Public Safety Division (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 3, 2015
would like to have worked more but couldn't because I had to attend classes and could not find hours that fitted in with class time. Good place to work if the classes fitted in with work time.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Too few hours and management didn't work with placement
This was a work-study job
Assisting students and others (Former Employee) –  Wittenberg, WIFebruary 13, 2015
I answered phones and helped people when they came in. It was typically quiet because it was in the summer. The people there are friendly.
Pros
I got to look nice
Cons
can't think of any...