NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Serious issues at the top.
Management (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Employees were generally fantastic. Benefits are outstanding. Leadership team has some serious issues. There is a separate set of rules for leadership and they pretty much do as they please, without having to adhere to college processes and procedures. Definitely a ton of preferential treatment to top employees - example - almost everyone in top management has a child working at the college (even their children's boyfriends and girlfriends get hired). You don't see that kind of job placement for children with any other employees at the college. Sounds cliche', but if someone decides they don't like you, for whatever reason, you might as well start looking for another job. Proceed with caution.
Pros
Great benefits and co-workers. Beautiful campus.
Cons
Management instead of leadership.
Great experience
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 15, 2016
Great hands on experience working in a good working environment with friendly coworkers and flexible scheduling. Opened and closed claimant files, entered and paid bills, distributed mail, file and sort folders, etc.
Fun Environment
Campus Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 13, 2015
I enjoy spending my days here. I like the people and instructors. They make learning fun and want you to succeed.Everyday I meet new people doing tours and help the college.
Great work team
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 4, 2015
A lot of politics at the college. Have made some very good friends. Can be a fairly high intense day Trying to convince myself that this is good.
Pros
Good taste in decorare
Cons
Too many politics
Productive workplace
Instructor/Coordinator Public Safety Division (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 3, 2015
would like to have worked more but couldn't because I had to attend classes and could not find hours that fitted in with class time. Good place to work if the classes fitted in with work time.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Too few hours and management didn't work with placement
Busy and Fun Work Place
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 24, 2015
I love the fact that it's flexible and everything is easy to manage. I haven't had a hard time here at all. I like my coworkers and bosses. I enjoy working here.
Working in the school campus, always flexible for answering questions from staffs or students for directions to the campus.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 9, 2015
Working as a custodian is not just cleaning but learned to handle multiple projects and prioritize efficiently and ready to respond to all calls through out the college.
Northcentral Technical College offers excellent opportunities for professional growth.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the development of teacher/student rapport. Each semester starts the process again. This type of arrangement is perfect for my demeanor. Managers at NTC encourage adjunct involvement in the many extra curricular activities and happening on campus, but, these are not mandatory; teachers can pick and choose without feeling obligated to take on more than what is comfortable to balance school, work, and family life. The beauty of this position--having done it for almost ten years--is that one can fly under the radar without intervention from middle and upper level managers. The most difficult part of the job is maintaining cash flow between terms.
Pros
academic freedom is alive and well at northcentral technial college
Cons
union rules constrian the opportunities for adjuncts to accept more assignments
This was a work-study job
Assisting students and others (Former Employee) –  Wittenberg, WIFebruary 13, 2015
I answered phones and helped people when they came in. It was typically quiet because it was in the summer. The people there are friendly.
Pros
i got to look nice
Cons
can't think of any...
Culture Friendly Office to enjoy work at!
Administrative Assitant-General Studies Division (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 13, 2013
The office is quiet during the summer hours. But once school is in full swing there is always work to do. It's been wonderful to be working in the General Studies Division so far. Here I am able to learn so much about NTC as a whole and how the organization runs.
Pros
open friendly office enviroment
Cons
always busy work to do
Enjoyable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  WausauJanuary 12, 2014
I loved working with the facutly and staff at NTC. It made my day purposeful to know that everyday I helped change a students life and their education.
Independent teaching job
Registered Nurse, CNA instructor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 19, 2013
I teach three classes/year for nursing assistant students looking at becoming certified. This job is independent and rewarding. There are others available when needed.
Pros
independent
Cons
only 3 times/year
Amazing to work with students as well as being an assistant
Office Assistant/ Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 19, 2012
The enviroment is clean and the students are friendly. My teacher is an amazing teacher as well as boss.
Pros
new skills, not sitting in one place
Cons
only 3 days a week
I enjoy working people orientated jobs
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 15, 2013
I enjoyed working for NTC because I was able to work with a wide range of people that I couls help and assist.
Pros
tutor material was available.
Cons
short hours
Friendly enviroment
Office Assistant/Student Employee/ Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WINovember 14, 2012
Very rewarding to help students and see them succeed at their classes
work was fun
Work Study (Former Employee) –  1000 Campus DriveDecember 6, 2011
I enjoyed all the people I worked for, but the bad part was that I couldn't work all summer long with them w/o going to school.
Teachers great
Teacher's assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 4, 2014
I worked here while going to school, and the teachers were great.

4.4