Northcentral University Employee Reviews

Typical online university
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Sales environment but you are not paid like a sales person. Goals are stressed but there is no incentive if you hit them. There is good training.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay and high pressu
Great coworkers
ADA/Disabilities Services, (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Despite the great co-workers and developing the supoort for the students. Success in the DS office would not be possible without the support of the AA. The ADA worked very long hours with an extremely heavy case load with little support/backup or understanding of the purpose of this federally mandated program.
Pros
free education
Cons
with the hours required to servise students impossible to take advantage of the education offered.
Awesome Place to Work
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2017
Great Place to work. Awesome culture and leadership. Enjoys helping students enroll. No really sales based or performance driven. Management is supportive.
Great co-workers
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with and my immediate boss is understanding and compassionate. I find the overall leadership out of touch with the reality of what happens at the student-facing level. Recent changes in job requirements give me concern for whether or not I wish to stay there.
Fun but no growth
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 30, 2016
no training for certain departments/positions
no management training/coaching
no management support
HR is a mess
Pay is decent
fun and friendly enviornment
Pros
flexible and fun
Cons
poor management
Good Company to Work For
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 22, 2016
This is a good company to work for, however my family and I want to relocate back to West Virginia and am looking for a full time position making more than 50K a year.
Serving Masters and Doctorate Students
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2016
Heavy call volume which is standard in the industry. Overall a pretty simple job but no commission for sales no matter how good you are.
Nice while it lasted
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2016
Great job, great atmosphere, overall a good experience. Only problem was I was told I would have plenty of notice before the end of my contracted (which was extended) which did not happen. I only got 4 days notice and last day fell on the day before a major holiday. Not very employee friendly in that aspect.
Pros
Exciting work environment
Cons
let go without much notice
Ncu
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 12, 2016
NCU is a great place to work. The culture is the main reason I have continued to work here. This is probably one of the only for profit schools that continue to grow.
Full-time PhD Student
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2016
A typical day consists of 5-8 hours of research and professional writing on a selected topic/7 days a week. My time is managed to ensure both personal and professional development are incorporated. The hardest part of the further developing my education is identifying an appropriate dissertation topic.
Pros
Developing strong writing and research skills
Cons
Extensive time committment
Great when it was small
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 18, 2016
The company was great when it was small but grew too fast. Management did not have a good grasp on the changes and production was not good.
Pros
Great co works
Cons
Mangement
nice place to work
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2016
not a bad place to work in scottsdale
typical day-dialing and dialing and a couple of inbounds
enjoyable people and management
Pros
great culture, pay and stable
Cons
no opportunity for growth
Fast-paced, positive atmosphere to work.
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 31, 2015
In a typical work day at NCU I would review over 50 student accounts to ensure the student had funding in place for courses.
Multi-tasking was a huge skill utilized daily to work reports, review accounts, respond to emails internally and externally, and answer phone calls from students and employees.
Initiation and team work were necessary and intricate parts of NCU life.
The hardest part of my job was lack of support and direction from leadership.
The most enjoyable parts of my job were interacting with my team and the feeling of accomplishment when tasks were completed.
Pros
fast-paced, room to learn, amazing team to work with of fellow employees
Cons
healthcare, unlclear expectations from leadership, sometimes too many expectations of what to acheive on a daily basis
High stress, no security
Student Services staff (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 16, 2015
Great co-workers; very high stress and work overload. Management doesn't care. Frequent reduction in workforce.Company doesn't contribute to a retirement fund, monthly insurance fees are high. Work environment is poor- fears that everyday could be your last. No upward mobility.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers, faculty and academic leadership
Cons
Organizational management; poor work environment; high stress, dwindling benefits
Low-key work environment
Associate Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2015
Although there is a quota for enrollments per month, it isn't as high sales as other online universities. Would like to have room to advance, but this company is very small compared to similar online universities.
Pros
Co-workers are excellent to work with.
Cons
Not a great chance for advancement to management.
A great place to work
Admissions Representative and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 22, 2015
Everyday it feels as if you are working at Disneyland! Met the best people in the World in there. Job allows you to advance and get your higher degree at there expense. They have a dress down dress code. They greatly reward their employees with plaques.
Pros
Was able to build long lasting friendships
Cons
Short breaks healthcare benefits not good
Very friendly athmosphere, great benefits.
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 4, 2015
A high fast accurate work, database, phone skills, communication skills, phone and email.

A typical day: Start day with grades posting communicating with professors, read emails and reply accordingly, transcript requests, mail in and out, distribute it to Registrar and others assistants.

Learned new skills such as: Registering student online. All communication by phone or email to foreign students. Registration maintenance with VA applicants, contact US military service staff regarding tuition payments.

Office environment was friendly and positive.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with faculty after reviewing grades.

I enjoyed working with my registrar friendly and considerate.
Pros
Good salary by Az state standards at the time.
Cons
Traffic controlling. Speed variation without much warning.
Senior Management cares only about themselves.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  scottsdale, azMay 3, 2015
It's a paycheck not a career. There are no incentives to do more than the minimum required to keep your job. Morale is terribly low.
Pros
A few nice co-workers
Great Company Values
Works lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2015
I would recommend this job to someone who is open-minded and comfortable with working with all types of people. If you enjoy working long hours and being involved in the companies vision, then this is the place for you to build a career.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough team training
Horrible place to work
support (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMarch 13, 2015
The culture is watch your back, don't trust anyone. CYA at all costs. The management only cares about $$, not the students or the employees. Co-workers will stab you in the back to protect themselves. NO training what so ever, sink or swim attitude. Don't complain about anything or you will be shown the door out. There is not much I can say that is positive about this company.
Pros
gave me a paycheck
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northcentral University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5