Northcentral University Employee Reviews

Senior Management cares only about themselves.
anonymous (Former Employee), scottsdale, azMay 3, 2015
Pros: A few nice co-workers
Cons: Everything
It's a paycheck not a career. There are no incentives to do more than the minimum required to keep your job. Morale is terribly low.
Great Company Values
Works lead (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Not enough team training
I would recommend this job to someone who is open-minded and comfortable with working with all types of people. If you enjoy working long hours and being involved in the companies vision, then this is the place for you to build a career.
Horrible place to work
support (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: gave me a paycheck
Cons: everything
The culture is watch your back, don't trust anyone. CYA at all costs. The management only cares about $$, not the students or the employees. Co-workers will stab you in the back to protect themselves. NO training what so ever, sink or swim attitude. Don't complain about anything or you will be shown the door out. There is not much I can say that is positive about this company.
Worst job I've ever had
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee), RemoteJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: none!
Cons: micromanagement, unfair wages, trainings required with no pay
This was no doubt the absolute worst place I have ever worked. The amount of work they give you and the compensation are far mismatched. I was an adjunct professor for undergraduate, graduate, and dissertations. They paid $200 per dissertation (most schools pay $500). They had students enroll in classes on a rolling basis, so you may start a class each week. Each of your students will have a different schedule. Students want to call you, maybe an hour a week. If a student requests an extension, NCU will no doubt side with the student if you don't award it. For classes, you will get paid $10 per week! If that! When the 14-week class ends, they give you a $50 or less bonus. I have NO idea how they could ever get an actual, legit, professional to work for these crumbs. I would never recommend someone attend this school because any PhD who is willing to work for those wages must not be able to find any other jobs. They also micromanage, as if you had a bachelor's degree and are teaching high school. Do NOT waste your time going through their training (which you don't get paid for, by the way). I wasted too much time with them. Don't make the same mistake.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, positive energy
Cons: healthcare
I have learned to grow out of my introverted shell and become more forthcoming with my ideas. I am feel confident in my leadership capabilities. Leadership was very supportive in personal development.
My coworkers were the best. We worked together as one cohesive unit to serve our students to best of our ability. We learned from each other and grew each day as team.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work. I was excited about whose life I was going to impact by a simple conversation.
Student
Student (Current Employee), Prescott Valley, AZOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed my education at Northcentral. I began in November 2012. I will finish in 2015.
Student
Student (Current Employee), Prescott Valley, AZOctober 29, 2014
enrollment
Sr. Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: co workers are awesome
Cons: if they want to get rid of you they'll find a silly little thing and make it into something huge, no securtiy, they can tell you are doing wonderful and then the next week bye bye
calls made inbound and outbound tracking down students, leads came in and most of them were bad but the good ones were given to the chosen few.
Not a secure place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 21, 2014
Pros: traveling; networking
Cons: management doesn't care about its workers
Northcentral University will let you go without notice. Management is bad at communication.
Worst place I have ever worked for!
Web Developer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 24, 2014
Pros: nothing really except i got to work from home occaisonally which gave me a break from that nuthouse.
Cons: the socialpaths
This is a everyman for themselves environment. These people don't even know what teamwork means. I don't know if its just because they are in Scottsdale or what but most act like snobs. Nothing but backstabbing and whining. Most people don't even have the qualifications to be in their position but that is probably because its all about the buddy buddy system. A very unhealthy environment. Its like a concentration of sociopaths BS-ing about what they know and trying to convince you they have the answer. I came home almost everyday in a bad mood from this place
NCU Rocks!
Associate Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Scottsdale azMay 29, 2014
Overall, the work environment was amazing. It is an amazing place to work!
Northcentral University
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Peoria, AZApril 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Northcentral University offers a fresh new prospective to educating students. The Teaching through Feedback system encourages, educates and uplifts students to do their best while leaning.
Lots of turnover
Enrollment specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: pool table
Cons: everything else
A lot of mistrust and whispers. No real honesty until you call someone out on the lies.
This place is a "house of cards".
Operations - Support Staff (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers until they were fired.
Cons: unstable, chaotic work environment; leadership lacks direction and focuses only on the bottom line.
High turnover of management and employees. I do not recommend working for this employer.
good position for someone who wishes to sell
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZMay 6, 2013
Contacting studends by phone and email about enrollment. The management team was more interested the employee making enrollment number not if the student qualified
Don't Believe the Hype!!
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Call CenterApril 18, 2013
Pros: pool table, slushy machine, free popcorn
Cons: doesn't value employees, no room for advancement, unfair practices, etc
With any organization comes changes, however, this place is far from the "employer of choice" that they want everyone to believe. The culture has went downhill in the last year and a half. The call center is just that; a call center. More like a sweat shop. Senior management disregards anyone who isn't on their pay scale basically. And get this most of the people who work here don't have a degree. That's right no degree!!! Yet, they are the ones trying to "promote" education. This place is a circus. If you know your worth and value yourself, find somewhere else to work. If you currently work at Kaplan, Grand Canyon, University of Phoenix, or any other online university and think this is better? Well you are wrong!!!!

June 26, 2013

As an NCU manager, I must agree with much of your assessment. The senior management say they value their employees, but spend little or no time getting to know them. Keep in mind their primary objective to drive up enrollment, revenue, and profits to increase the value of the university to sell to the highest bidder and please the private equity firms who employ them while benefiting from their equity positions in the university. That's what private equity companies do.

Great Culture
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: the people there.
Cons: as a newer university, there were many growing pains.
On an average day, I would first check my emails and prioritize duties accordingly. After handling various student requests, I would sort my database and contact students to enroll at Northcentral. Aside from its various software programs, I have most importantly learned the value of team culture. We truly had an amazing team; the hardest part was leaving it. I enjoyed the helping students of all ages and walks of life realize their dreams of getting their education.

October 9, 2012

The culture now consists of just hiring anyone who applies.

Great place to work and learn leadership
Regional Manager-Business Development (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZAugust 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits (e.g. tuition, health insurance etc)
I enjoy working as the community outreach and meeting new people.
the hardest part of my job is not having enough time throughout the day to visit all of my accounts in AZ.
The most enjoyable part of my job is finding out what I can do to assess and help the company retain employees and make them more efficient at their skill sets.
I have learned always to be honest and ethical in my communication and benefits that our company can provide.

October 24, 2012

AVOID THIS PLACE; ITS A CALL CENTER!. The senior management is horrible and treats employees like cattle. Management only cares about federal student loans not the student. Questionable practices such as giving out Amazon gift cards to sign up for classes.