Northcentral University Employee Reviews in United States

nice place to work
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2016
not a bad place to work in scottsdale
typical day-dialing and dialing and a couple of inbounds
enjoyable people and management
Pros
great culture, pay and stable
Cons
no opportunity for growth
Fast-paced, positive atmosphere to work.
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 31, 2015
In a typical work day at NCU I would review over 50 student accounts to ensure the student had funding in place for courses.
Multi-tasking was a huge skill utilized daily to work reports, review accounts, respond to emails internally and externally, and answer phone calls from students and employees.
Initiation and team work were necessary and intricate parts of NCU life.
The hardest part of my job was lack of support and direction from leadership.
The most enjoyable parts of my job were interacting with my team and the feeling of accomplishment when tasks were completed.
Pros
fast-paced, room to learn, amazing team to work with of fellow employees
Cons
healthcare, unlclear expectations from leadership, sometimes too many expectations of what to acheive on a daily basis
High stress, no security
Student Services staff (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 16, 2015
Great co-workers; very high stress and work overload. Management doesn't care. Frequent reduction in workforce.Company doesn't contribute to a retirement fund, monthly insurance fees are high. Work environment is poor- fears that everyday could be your last. No upward mobility.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers, faculty and academic leadership
Cons
Organizational management; poor work environment; high stress, dwindling benefits
Low-key work environment
Associate Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2015
Although there is a quota for enrollments per month, it isn't as high sales as other online universities. Would like to have room to advance, but this company is very small compared to similar online universities.
Pros
Co-workers are excellent to work with.
Cons
Not a great chance for advancement to management.
A great place to work
Admissions Representative and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 22, 2015
Everyday it feels as if you are working at Disneyland! Met the best people in the World in there. Job allows you to advance and get your higher degree at there expense. They have a dress down dress code. They greatly reward their employees with plaques.
Pros
Was able to build long lasting friendships
Cons
Short breaks healthcare benefits not good
Very friendly athmosphere, great benefits.
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 4, 2015
A high fast accurate work, database, phone skills, communication skills, phone and email.

A typical day: Start day with grades posting communicating with professors, read emails and reply accordingly, transcript requests, mail in and out, distribute it to Registrar and others assistants.

Learned new skills such as: Registering student online. All communication by phone or email to foreign students. Registration maintenance with VA applicants, contact US military service staff regarding tuition payments.

Office environment was friendly and positive.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with faculty after reviewing grades.

I enjoyed working with my registrar friendly and considerate.
Pros
Good salary by Az state standards at the time.
Cons
Traffic controlling. Speed variation without much warning.
Senior Management cares only about themselves.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  scottsdale, azMay 3, 2015
It's a paycheck not a career. There are no incentives to do more than the minimum required to keep your job. Morale is terribly low.
Pros
A few nice co-workers
Great Company Values
Works lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2015
I would recommend this job to someone who is open-minded and comfortable with working with all types of people. If you enjoy working long hours and being involved in the companies vision, then this is the place for you to build a career.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough team training
Horrible place to work
support (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMarch 13, 2015
The culture is watch your back, don't trust anyone. CYA at all costs. The management only cares about $$, not the students or the employees. Co-workers will stab you in the back to protect themselves. NO training what so ever, sink or swim attitude. Don't complain about anything or you will be shown the door out. There is not much I can say that is positive about this company.
Pros
gave me a paycheck
Cons
everything
Worst job I've ever had
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 29, 2015
This was no doubt the absolute worst place I have ever worked. The amount of work they give you and the compensation are far mismatched. I was an adjunct professor for undergraduate, graduate, and dissertations. They paid $200 per dissertation (most schools pay $500). They had students enroll in classes on a rolling basis, so you may start a class each week. Each of your students will have a different schedule. Students want to call you, maybe an hour a week. If a student requests an extension, NCU will no doubt side with the student if you don't award it. For classes, you will get paid $10 per week! If that! When the 14-week class ends, they give you a $50 or less bonus. I have NO idea how they could ever get an actual, legit, professional to work for these crumbs. I would never recommend someone attend this school because any PhD who is willing to work for those wages must not be able to find any other jobs. They also micromanage, as if you had a bachelor's degree and are teaching high school. Do NOT waste your time going through their training (which you don't get paid for, by the way). I wasted too much time with them. Don't make the same mistake.
Pros
none!
Cons
micromanagement, unfair wages, trainings required with no pay
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
I have learned to grow out of my introverted shell and become more forthcoming with my ideas. I am feel confident in my leadership capabilities. Leadership was very supportive in personal development.
My coworkers were the best. We worked together as one cohesive unit to serve our students to best of our ability. We learned from each other and grew each day as team.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work. I was excited about whose life I was going to impact by a simple conversation.
Pros
free lunch, positive energy
Cons
healthcare
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed my education at Northcentral. I began in November 2012. I will finish in 2015.
enrollment
Sr. Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2014
calls made inbound and outbound tracking down students, leads came in and most of them were bad but the good ones were given to the chosen few.
Pros
co workers are awesome
Cons
if they want to get rid of you they'll find a silly little thing and make it into something huge, no securtiy, they can tell you are doing wonderful and then the next week bye bye
Not a secure place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 21, 2014
Northcentral University will let you go without notice. Management is bad at communication.
Pros
traveling; networking
Cons
management doesn't care about its workers
Worst place I have ever worked for!
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 24, 2014
This is a everyman for themselves environment. These people don't even know what teamwork means. I don't know if its just because they are in Scottsdale or what but most act like snobs. Nothing but backstabbing and whining. Most people don't even have the qualifications to be in their position but that is probably because its all about the buddy buddy system. A very unhealthy environment. Its like a concentration of sociopaths BS-ing about what they know and trying to convince you they have the answer. I came home almost everyday in a bad mood from this place
Pros
nothing really except i got to work from home occaisonally which gave me a break from that nuthouse.
Cons
the socialpaths
NCU Rocks!
Associate Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale azMay 29, 2014
Overall, the work environment was amazing. It is an amazing place to work!
Northcentral University
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 30, 2014
Northcentral University offers a fresh new prospective to educating students. The Teaching through Feedback system encourages, educates and uplifts students to do their best while leaning.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Lots of turnover
Enrollment specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2014
A lot of mistrust and whispers. No real honesty until you call someone out on the lies.
Pros
pool table
Cons
everything else
This place is a "house of cards".
Operations - Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 20, 2013
High turnover of management and employees. I do not recommend working for this employer.
Pros
great co-workers until they were fired.
Cons
unstable, chaotic work environment; leadership lacks direction and focuses only on the bottom line.
good position for someone who wishes to sell
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 6, 2013
Contacting studends by phone and email about enrollment. The management team was more interested the employee making enrollment number not if the student qualified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northcentral University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4