Northeast Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great group of nurses
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2015
Many nurses had many things from different experiences that were freely shared during discussions over a chart, or a patient.

The hardest part of the job was getting supplies necessary to perform the work. Central supply was not open on my shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the many friends I have been fortunate to meet and their helping me grow professionally.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Seldom had breaks
Unless there's new management, RUN
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Poor pay, poor managemanet. Charge nurse called in w the flu and a fever and she was told she COULD NOT call in BC our director didn't want to come in and work a nightshift, so she came in.... W the flu. I got hired on nightshift supposed to be for one mo but ended up being kept there for most of the time i was there. Constantly understaffed, dangerous nurse to pt ratio. Never enough nurse aides, ever. If we ever did have adequate staffing we would be floated so we were again a skeleton crew. Had to fight over computers to pass meds or chart. Gossipy crew (esp management) Some great nurses there, cant say the same for mgmt. They're all "yes men" . Favoratism at every turn... I wouldn't work for baptist if I was homeless and they begged me to come back. Administration talked the talk, but def didn't walk the walk. I felt very abused and safe harbor was called mult times
Pros
Most of the crew worked like family
Cons
Very little if any breaks (had to literally hide to eat, sometimes in the bathroom)
Great place to work as a nurse
staff nurse in the NICU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
Lots of opportunity for growth in the profession, management changes frequently but is usually supportive. Pay is comparative to other hospital systems. Benefits are good.
If you work in the Cath Lab, avoid at all cost
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
This used to be the place to work back in the early 2000s. But not they have a service line director/manager that is just the lowest kind of person possible. There is no encouragement to better yourself. If you find a better position elsewhere, he takes your resignation personally and tells you, and I quote, "why are you doing this to ME". Then he will place you on the no rehire list for the entire system. He has ruined careers of some very talented people by his personal agenda. This kind of thing should not happen by anyone in leadership. I would not recommend anyone working for this guy. The system is a good hospital system it just their choice in leadership is appalling.
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Cons
LEADERSHIP (Danny White)
This company is in an on-goin process of change.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2015
Change is an on-going process of this company and will need time to perfect what health care is going to need for the future. With that being said, it is a work in progress.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a.
Excellent workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2015
I love my workplace, its an excellent employer, my co workers are very helpful and always willing to help. So sad because of my husbands job transfer am about to leave an excellent and friendly job enviroment.
Place for secure employment, Company with Values
Student Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2012
A tipical day at work is taking venipuctures, dermal punctures, PKU's, answering phones, delivering specimens to lab.

I learned a lot about Phlebotomy that they don't teach you in school.

Management was good. Let you work independently.

I loved my co-workers, very supportive, team work, hard-working

The hardest part was being on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part was just taking care of the patients!
Pros
great company, staff, hours, people
Cons
on your feet all day
ratio of nurse to patient not safe
LVN - Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2013
While loving nursing, this particular organization did not allow for breaks and very frueqent calls to work overtime. Unble to chart during the shift had to be done after the next shift arrived. They also did not use the bedside reporting facit, many reports were taped, and no way of asking the previous nurse questions. I learned alot about the cardiovasular system, but very few formal training events
Pros
great experience obtained
Cons
having to stqay because other staff were no-shows
Great Place to work
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2013
Love the people I work with plus upper management is great.
Everyday is different and never boring. Most enjoyable part is seeing the patients mental health improve from the way they come in. I enjoy caring for my patients. The hardest part is treating dementia pts and what a sad disease it is.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Patient sitter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2013
Great place to work. Good patients and great co-workers.
The thing I learned is that patients are scared and you can help them by assuring them that they are going to be fine. The best part of this job is that you can ask for assistance if you need it. The most enjoyable part is that the patients grow to like and miss you.
Pros
great hours
Cons
emotional
Enjoyed working at Northeast Baptist
MD (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasDecember 6, 2014
Enjoyed working with staff, clients and MD. Had to leave due to family issues, would like to work there again
Pros
3- 12hr shifts
Cons
sometimes very busy, not enough staff
Wonderful place to start my cardiac
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2013
Never a boring moment always something new on the floor the people were wonderful to work with and the educational oppertunities were awesome
Took the critical care course here and it was awesome
Pros
education and co workers
A great place to start my nursing career
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2014
As an EMT for a Bexar County Volunteer company I was allowed to work in a real ER that the highest patient care standards of any of the places I have worked.
Pros
great learning enviorment
Cons
sorry to be layed off
Happy volunteer
Volunteer Captain (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2013
I enjoyed volunteering at the hospital. It was a nice environment to work in during the summers.
Pros
free lunch and/or breakfast, breaks whenever needed
Cons
really.
good place to work
Bio-Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
8 hours
training
ok
good people to work with
traffic in the morning