Northeast Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor work place!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Poor ratios, lack of supplies and equipment, management is horrible gossip and never takes care of staff, a dangerous place to work...cno and directors are all buddies and dont care about the patient care staff, no lunches or breaks told you are not allowed to sit for 14 hour shifts. Nurses crying in stairwells, and not being allowed to call in when sick forced to come in or be threatened as no call no show status. Not a safe place to work.
Pros
Doctor nurse relationship are great, staff employees support one another
Cons
Poor management
A kind of workplace with full of love
Patient Care Associate I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
Northeast Baptist Hospital is one of the best hospital in San Antonio TX. As one of a worker, they treat us like a family. My co-workers are nice especially those nurses. We help each other and work as a team. We treat our patients with compassionate care and treat them as our own family too. I love patient care. Seeing my patients getting well is very rewarding feeling. To all of my patients I miss you all. Hope all of you are doing good and wish you all the best.
Pros
Good benefits, Free meals when theres events
Cons
Gossip
Prn
ED TECH II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The ER is a busy department. The management was very understanding. The pay was good. Shift differential increase depending on the time of day you came in. Overall good place to work and gain experience.
Great hospital and great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I left the hospital to go to home health when my father became ill and needed more flexibility. The Baptist was a great place to work with very caring people and management.
Experience at Northeast Baptist
Respiratory Therapist, CRT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2016
They don't care about there employee's! They care more about numbers and making bonuses. They will have us sacrifice our checks and supporting our family's just to meet quota's and to cover there job. I was also discriminated against as a employee of 7 years there. They aren't fair or equal and its real buddy buddy there. I wouldn't recommend anyone who is a minority to work there.
atypical job experience
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed my boss very much. She was smart and was willing to teach me about most things relating to the job as long as I was willing to learn, she trusted me and was also very loyal. the hardest parts were, the amount of money one can expect to get paid, but I don't know if that was necessarily NEB fault, I think it is similar accross the board. I love my co workers. Its a fun enviornment.
Pros
free lunch if there was over 30 cases in one day, co workers, my direct manager.
Cons
Pay, heavy lifting, strenuous activity.
The doctors are great to work with
Registered Nurse/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217December 11, 2016
As an employee of many years, I can testify that the doctors are amazing. They consider nurses as resources. The patients benefit from the great relationship between medicine and nursing.
Unless there's new management, RUN
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Poor pay, poor managemanet. Charge nurse called in w the flu and a fever and she was told she COULD NOT call in BC our director didn't want to come in and work a nightshift, so she came in.... W the flu. I got hired on nightshift supposed to be for one mo but ended up being kept there for most of the time i was there. Constantly understaffed, dangerous nurse to pt ratio. Never enough nurse aides, ever. If we ever did have adequate staffing we would be floated so we were again a skeleton crew. Had to fight over computers to pass meds or chart. Gossipy crew (esp management) Some great nurses there, cant say the same for mgmt. They're all "yes men" . Favoratism at every turn... I wouldn't work for baptist if I was homeless and they begged me to come back. Administration talked the talk, but def didn't walk the walk. I felt very abused and safe harbor was called mult times
Pros
Most of the crew worked like family
Cons
Very little if any breaks (had to literally hide to eat, sometimes in the bathroom)
Good job, weekends and holiday off
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
Good place to work. You get weekend and holidays off, which is a plus. No room for advancement, though. You are either a technician, lead technician or a pharmacist.
If you work in the Cath Lab, avoid at all cost
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
This used to be the place to work back in the early 2000s. But not they have a service line director/manager that is just the lowest kind of person possible. There is no encouragement to better yourself. If you find a better position elsewhere, he takes your resignation personally and tells you, and I quote, "why are you doing this to ME". Then he will place you on the no rehire list for the entire system. He has ruined careers of some very talented people by his personal agenda. This kind of thing should not happen by anyone in leadership. I would not recommend anyone working for this guy. The system is a good hospital system it just their choice in leadership is appalling.
Pros
Hours, coworkers
Cons
LEADERSHIP (Danny White)
Great group of nurses
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2015
Many nurses had many things from different experiences that were freely shared during discussions over a chart, or a patient.

The hardest part of the job was getting supplies necessary to perform the work. Central supply was not open on my shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the many friends I have been fortunate to meet and their helping me grow professionally.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Seldom had breaks
Great place to work as a nurse
staff nurse in the NICU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
Lots of opportunity for growth in the profession, management changes frequently but is usually supportive. Pay is comparative to other hospital systems. Benefits are good.
Place for secure employment, Company with Values
Student Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2012
A tipical day at work is taking venipuctures, dermal punctures, PKU's, answering phones, delivering specimens to lab.

I learned a lot about Phlebotomy that they don't teach you in school.

Management was good. Let you work independently.

I loved my co-workers, very supportive, team work, hard-working

The hardest part was being on your feet all day.

The most enjoyable part was just taking care of the patients!
Pros
great company, staff, hours, people
Cons
on your feet all day
Great Place to work
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2013
Love the people I work with plus upper management is great.
Everyday is different and never boring. Most enjoyable part is seeing the patients mental health improve from the way they come in. I enjoy caring for my patients. The hardest part is treating dementia pts and what a sad disease it is.
ratio of nurse to patient not safe
LVN - Progressive Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2013
While loving nursing, this particular organization did not allow for breaks and very frueqent calls to work overtime. Unble to chart during the shift had to be done after the next shift arrived. They also did not use the bedside reporting facit, many reports were taped, and no way of asking the previous nurse questions. I learned alot about the cardiovasular system, but very few formal training events
Pros
great experience obtained
Cons
Having to stqay because other staff were no-shows
This company is in an on-goin process of change.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse - Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2015
Change is an on-going process of this company and will need time to perfect what health care is going to need for the future. With that being said, it is a work in progress.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Patient sitter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2013
Great place to work. Good patients and great co-workers.
The thing I learned is that patients are scared and you can help them by assuring them that they are going to be fine. The best part of this job is that you can ask for assistance if you need it. The most enjoyable part is that the patients grow to like and miss you.
Pros
great hours
Cons
emotional
Excellent workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2015
I love my workplace, its an excellent employer, my co workers are very helpful and always willing to help. So sad because of my husbands job transfer am about to leave an excellent and friendly job enviroment.
Wonderful place to start my cardiac
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2013
Never a boring moment always something new on the floor the people were wonderful to work with and the educational oppertunities were awesome
Took the critical care course here and it was awesome
Pros
EDUCATION AND CO WORKERS
A great place to start my nursing career
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2014
As an EMT for a Bexar County Volunteer company I was allowed to work in a real ER that the highest patient care standards of any of the places I have worked.
Pros
Great learning enviorment
Cons
sorry to be layed off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeast Baptist Hospital Reviews by Location