Northeast Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Good Jobs
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2017
The pace is rapid and challenging but equipment support is excellent. The Nursing culture is difficult. The hours are flexible. Supportive for continuing education
Official response from Northeast Baptist Hospital
September 30, 2017

We appreciate you feedback. At Northeast Baptist Hospital, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

RN, Former LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
This hospital is a good place to work. There are opportunities for advancement and learning and growth opportunities as well. Good benefits and fair salary.
Pros
lactation room offered to employees at hospital
The Dysfunctional Family
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dept of SurgeryJuly 31, 2017
While I enjoyed the social aspects of the job, the conditions were less than ideal. The department is inadequately equipped and staffed. This keeps the already stressed surgeons in a higher state of stress and subsequently, the staff. The constant attempt by administration to bend over backwards for new surgeons often leaves the existing surgeons displaced and annoyed and puts pressure on staff to figure out the needs of these new clients.
Pros
Lax social environment
Cons
High stress
Neb
Patient Access Admission Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2017
Days were busy, handling of patient admissions and making sure that accounts had verification for procedures. Informing patients of the benefits for services that were to be rendered.
Pros
people interaction
Cons
being on call weekends
Culture of promoting good patient care.
Staff nurse, cared (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working here because there was teamwork. Our supervisor was caring and well respected and set the tone for a professional setting. I enjoyed working here, learned new skills in caring for newborn in the nursery, as couplet care was being instituted.
Pros
Worked with a supportive staff.
Cons
Getting "pulled" to work on another floor was EXTREMELY stressful.
This was a great company to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with the nurses and doctors to help them meet the needs of the patients. I would transcribe the doctors orders. I got to even get close to the visitors to some of the patients there.
tenet
RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217July 5, 2017
The overall culture is good at baptist. It depends on which unit you are working in and how management is run. I have had good experiences and horrible experiences.
Pros
works as a team
Cons
micromanaged
Flexibility is the best
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2017
Great work environment, especially working with the nurses. family orientated and feels good to come to work. Most enjoyable when the doctors have great communication with staff.
Cons
not always a break given
Great place to start my nursing career.
nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2017
This was my first nursing job and it was a great place to start practicing my craft. I had great preceptors teaching me to take of my patients and how to nurse.
Pros
Great learning opportunities.
Cons
I didn't have any cons.
Great management and good employee benefits
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 3, 2017
This hospital had great management staff relationships They provided gifts to the nursing staff at times of the year and for working overtime. Good staff and the team work was good
Pros
staff perks for working overtime
Cons
Charge nurses were at times difficult to work with
Great hospital and great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I left the hospital to go to home health when my father became ill and needed more flexibility. The Baptist was a great place to work with very caring people and management.
Fast paced
Food delivery (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TexasFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at work is going and picking up trays and delivering the food to the patients the part I like the most is the smiles you get from the patient's and the staff members
Poor work place!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Poor ratios, lack of supplies and equipment, management is horrible gossip and never takes care of staff, a dangerous place to work...cno and directors are all buddies and dont care about the patient care staff, no lunches or breaks told you are not allowed to sit for 14 hour shifts. Nurses crying in stairwells, and not being allowed to call in when sick forced to come in or be threatened as no call no show status. Not a safe place to work.
Pros
Doctor nurse relationship are great, staff employees support one another
Cons
Poor management
Prn
ED TECH II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2017
The ER is a busy department. The management was very understanding. The pay was good. Shift differential increase depending on the time of day you came in. Overall good place to work and gain experience.
The doctors are great to work with
Registered Nurse/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78217December 11, 2016
As an employee of many years, I can testify that the doctors are amazing. They consider nurses as resources. The patients benefit from the great relationship between medicine and nursing.
A kind of workplace with full of love
Patient Care Associate I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
Northeast Baptist Hospital is one of the best hospital in San Antonio TX. As one of a worker, they treat us like a family. My co-workers are nice especially those nurses. We help each other and work as a team. We treat our patients with compassionate care and treat them as our own family too. I love patient care. Seeing my patients getting well is very rewarding feeling. To all of my patients I miss you all. Hope all of you are doing good and wish you all the best.
Pros
Good benefits, Free meals when theres events
Cons
Gossip
Experience at Northeast Baptist
Respiratory Therapist, CRT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2016
They don't care about there employee's! They care more about numbers and making bonuses. They will have us sacrifice our checks and supporting our family's just to meet quota's and to cover there job. I was also discriminated against as a employee of 7 years there. They aren't fair or equal and its real buddy buddy there. I wouldn't recommend anyone who is a minority to work there.
atypical job experience
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed my boss very much. She was smart and was willing to teach me about most things relating to the job as long as I was willing to learn, she trusted me and was also very loyal. the hardest parts were, the amount of money one can expect to get paid, but I don't know if that was necessarily NEB fault, I think it is similar accross the board. I love my co workers. Its a fun enviornment.
Pros
free lunch if there was over 30 cases in one day, co workers, my direct manager.
Cons
Pay, heavy lifting, strenuous activity.
Good job, weekends and holiday off
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
Good place to work. You get weekend and holidays off, which is a plus. No room for advancement, though. You are either a technician, lead technician or a pharmacist.
Unless there's new management, RUN
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Poor pay, poor managemanet. Charge nurse called in w the flu and a fever and she was told she COULD NOT call in BC our director didn't want to come in and work a nightshift, so she came in.... W the flu. I got hired on nightshift supposed to be for one mo but ended up being kept there for most of the time i was there. Constantly understaffed, dangerous nurse to pt ratio. Never enough nurse aides, ever. If we ever did have adequate staffing we would be floated so we were again a skeleton crew. Had to fight over computers to pass meds or chart. Gossipy crew (esp management) Some great nurses there, cant say the same for mgmt. They're all "yes men" . Favoratism at every turn... I wouldn't work for baptist if I was homeless and they begged me to come back. Administration talked the talk, but def didn't walk the walk. I felt very abused and safe harbor was called mult times
Pros
Most of the crew worked like family
Cons
Very little if any breaks (had to literally hide to eat, sometimes in the bathroom)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeast Baptist Hospital Reviews by Location