Northeast Behavioral Associates Employee Reviews

stressful, poor management
Receptionist/Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 24, 2017
Management did not know how to treat employees. Very rude and ignorant. New HR supervisor was not pleasant. Thought she own the company. Co workers were friendly in your face but talked behind your back.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
stressful work environment
Supportive and Flexible work environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 26, 2017
NBA has its bumps like every employer but the job is great. You get a laptop and phone. Really flexible hours. No micromanaging . There is great trust and autonomy. They really value the staff and treat us well including buying us all lunch once a month. I'm not sure which disgruntled ex employees write reviews but my supervisor is always there even answering questions on the weekends or late night and never complains.
Pros
Equipment, flexibility, salary, free lunch
Cons
Late hours, lot of driving
Wonderful Place to Work
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 13, 2016
I have been in Insurance and Billing many years and have never worked for such nicer and understanding Staff.

The CEO and Directors are very Supportive and Generous.

The Co Workers are compassionate and caring people.

The Health Coverage and benefits are wonderful.

It is a very positive place .
Pros
Benefits are better than most places. Great Flexability
Unprofessional and a Waste of Time
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 1, 2016
Stressful working conditions. Employees always in fear of losing their job while CEO plays the victim and lines his pockets.
Pros
Love working with the families
Cons
CEO is highly unprofessional
Better Leadership needed
Behavioral Management Therapist (Former Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MAJuly 8, 2016
I initially gave the company the benefit of doubts. I might have been wrong for doing so. There is very little ongoing leadership support and opportunity for in-service trainings is virtually almost non-existent.
Pros
Flexibe schedule and good feeling to help families
Cons
Terrible leadership
Poor pay and too many demands
Direct service worker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 15, 2016
I have been working as a Direct Service worker for several years. I get infrequently get raises and get called all the time about constant new changes in the rules. I found out fellow PASS workers get paid 13$ at seven hills, the most I can get paid here is 12.75 but I started at 10 dollars.
Cons
Poor pay
Fulfilling work, AWFUL leadership
In Home Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 9, 2016
Working with staff and families is the best part of this position. However, the CEO and administration makes working here absolutely unbearable. While there is flexibility in your schedule, administration continuously adds cases to staff caseloads resulting in burnout and turnover. They also offer no support and offer next to no training for staff in the field. It's apparent that the welfare of the staff is NOT a priority, PROFIT is for the CEO. This agency thinks nothing of firing people. The employees are in fear of losing their jobs and don't have a positive regard for the administration. This has been a nightmare experience.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling, work with families
Cons
Lack of support, pressure from CEO/admin, job instability, etc.
Productive and Flexible work environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 8, 2015
NBA is a fun, relaxed work environment! The flexible schedule gives you the opportunity to work from home which is great! There is also billing incentive to let you earn more $ each month. The company also provides mileage reimbursement to all full-time employees! Staff is supportive of one another and it is more like working with "family: than just co-workers. The most rewarding aspect of the job is working with the Families. They are all so different which make every day exciting and challenging!!
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits, mileage reinbursment, billing incentive
Cons
small office
Fun Working Place
staff (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 6, 2015
I joined Northeast Behavioral Associates couple of years ago, and I am still working there. The admin team and my co-workers are very supportive. I also love working with the clients, and their families. I recommend this place.
Pros
Flexibility
Thank God the CEO cleaned out the old management
Former Clinician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 5, 2015
Life at NBA RI was really tough under the old management -- up until about April 2015. So much drama generated by the Director of Operations! It was very difficult to operate with so little guidance and so much drama. My friends tell me that so much has improved with the current team. Thank God the CEO cleaned up the old management. Pretty sad that some people have nothing better to do than make things tough for the folks that are there trying to help children and families.

Definitely a great place to work now that the dead wood is gone. So stressful with so many agendas! I was driven out by the previous management and truly regret it.

Want to know more about Northeast Behavioral Associates?

Ask a question
Owning a Human Services Company Should Be About Helping Others
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed spending time with some of my co workers. Employees are often overwhelmed and management is mainly focused on money rather than quality work with the families. I enjoyed working with the families and felt I provided quality work. However, my efforts often go unrecognized as employee benefits have been consistently cut over the past few years. The atmosphere is also stressful as employees tend to be fearful of losing their positions. Most stay because they enjoy the families they work with and the type of work that they do. The agency should focus more on the well being of families rather than lining the CEO's pocket.
Very negative environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  WarwickOctober 22, 2015
This agency had potential and they made a lot of promises when I was hired. I realized quickly that it is all about money to the CEO/agency and not about providing quality services. Cuts are made frequently at the expense of employees and/or clients in order to line the CEO's pocket. Employees are treated horribly and are all miserable. I was constantly afraid of losing my job when working there and this caused a lot of stress. Beware if you interview there. They may seem pleasant, but it doesn't last long.
love the job, unhappy with company
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  massachusettsOctober 20, 2015
coaching parents on how to manage difficult behaviors in children is very rewarding. The job requires constant travel, and the demand on my time away from my family is difficult but more so the required billing hours can be nearly impossible to reach. In addition the bonuses & incentives for working/ employee recognition is nonexistent.
Very difficult place to work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 28, 2015
The mission of Northeast Behavioral Associates attracts great employees and those employees are truly the best part of working here. Other than that, it's pretty bad. The CEO may have created this company, but he does not show signs of believing in this mission. This company is for profit and that is the bottom line for the CEO. Not only that but he is condescending and difficult to work with. The whole time I worked there I had a constant fear of losing my job. Turnover is extremely high due to either the CEO firing individuals or employees not being able to take the pressure of working for him. I would say these issues are mostly for administrative staff who have direct contact with the CEO.
Proceed with caution if you are applying for an administrative role...this is a very tough place to work. The job is easy but the mind games are not worth it. Look elsewhere.
productive active I love work with people
worker terapist (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 19, 2013
I work 20 hours per weeks,I have beautiful experience in my work because I can help people to have a good life.
Pros
help to cross the street, remenber the time for take shower ect.
Cons
help to prepare food, launch to wash the clothes ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Behavioral Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8