Northeast Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good work place
Senior Member Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 1, 2014
Supports the Teller Supervisor or Lead Teller: functions as cash vault attendant as required, verifies ATM/night deposits, replenishes ATM and balances ATM terminals;
Performs auditing of CDM’s and replenishing, balancing CDM’s; responsible for assuring that vault and teller line cash security and control procedures are followed.
- Open personal accounts, Savings products, CD’s, Retirement Products (Traditional IRA CD’s and Variable Rate Savings IRA) & Business Accounts
- Cross-sell banking services and products to potential and existing members.

- Determines the nature and extent of each member’s financial needs and provides basic
information concerning credit union services, which meet those needs in a responsive and
Confident manner.

- Authorize and approve teller transactions of a non-routine nature, within established
Parameters. Performs overrides for other tellers as required.

- Completes monthly audit of teller drawers and other monthly audit functions.

- Assists new hires on the job training or serve as a resource to new hires and less experienced staff on the teller line.
Exciting and fun place to work
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 22, 2015
A typical day involves working at the main branch in Portsmouth NH and traveling to the other branches throughout the state of NH. Depending on the needs of the branch and Facilities manager who I directly reported to. I had only five co-workers in my department at the main branch but I traveled to all the branches and was known very well by all the branch managers. The hardest part of the job had to due with me being the first person they put into that position I had to lead the way on what my roles were and what tools we needed. Lack of tools at the start was also a small issue. I learned a great deal of things while at NECU. Banking rules to HVAC repair, and so IT support. I found the whole job enjoyable. The best job I have had to this point. I would not have left if I didn't quit to finish my degree in California.
Pros
Schedule, coworkers
Cons
lack of tools and funding to start.
Not a pleasant working environment.
Loan Servicing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 3, 2014
Too much gossiping and talking about the skills (or perceived lack thereof) of other employees. Management lacked proper skills when speaking with staff. These were usually more confrontational than constructive/supportive, even if first "infringement". Longer time employees were allowed to be openly hostile to some new employees, because "that's just the way they are". Staffing needs not meeting client/member needs.
Pros
/medical/dental benefits from the start. financial institution, so several holidays, paid from the start.
Cons
insufficient staffing, insufficient home/work balance
My favorite job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work was interacting with members and co-workers, handling all members banking transactions, and evening drawer balancing. I learned the banking system and rules and regulations, was supposed to be cross trained as the greeter but that never happened. Management wasn't too great, I felt looked down upon because I was young, and nothing I did was good enough for her. My co-workers were the best, it was like a family. The hardest part was trying to please my boss and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the public and getting to know them.
Pros
good incentives, co-workers, potential
Cons
tough boss
Poor management, work overload, no teamwork,
ACH Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 8, 2012
23 years at NECU and the last 5 were very stressfull, management would not help when asked.
Pay level for the amount of work expected was ridiculous.
Co-workers were vindictive and to envoled in throwing people under the bus for advancement.
No room for moving up in company, they very rarely hire from within.

Treatened my job many times by management, when any issues were brought up.

Would not recommend this company to work for at all.
Pros
profit sharing if targets were met
Cons
wages, management
Friendly and professional workplace.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth New HampshireJanuary 11, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed the experiences I had while employed with Northeast Credit Union. I also gained valuable job skills and public trust. Overall it was a very rewarding experience and provided me with skills needed to move on to other types of public trust positions.
Pros
hour lunches on fridays, direct deposit, company activities, gained knowledge
Cons
commute
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 23, 2012
- Processed mortgages

- How to work with diverse people

- Management was always available to answer questions/concerns

- Co-workers were great

- Hardest -telling someone they didn't qualify for a mortgage

- Enjoyable - Approving a mortgage application
Pros
several departments/people to work with
Cons
part-time and at that time i wanted full-time
Worked in a branch where there was lack of leadership. When trying to enforce security requirements was reprimanded for following safety and procedure
Sr. Member Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwood, NHDecember 28, 2013
Was promoted for a Member Asst to a Sr. Member Asst. If you worked hard, proven leadership and training the Credit Union promoted from within.
Pros
community orientated
Cons
branch level lack of leadership
loan servicer
Loan Servicing cordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 30, 2015
A typical day has multiple different tasks and no two days are the same. We process title application prepare the recording of deeds and send them out to the registry's. Process member moves.
Very fun place to work
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work consist of easy people to work with, fair management, and a team that becomes family. Would highly recommend this work place for anyone who wants to get involved in a long term career.
Was a fun and rewarding job.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 25, 2013
In the past 9 years I have learned a lot. I enjoyed helping the members and my co-workers. The best part was putting a smile on my member's face.
Pros
members
Cons
mangement