NORTHEAST FLORIDA STATE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Decent
Mental Health Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLAugust 27, 2017
Decent place to work. Underpaid but decent jobs to work if you like overtime then that's the place to go. Other then that its a job that you will work for a few years then move on.
An okay place to work.
Human Service Worker I (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLAugust 13, 2017
The best thing about this job is getting to know the patients who live there. Most of the time staff doesn't get along with each other and there is a lot of drama.
Pros
not very busy all day. great health insurance
Cons
hard to get along with coworkers, long 12 hour days, not enough pay, can be dangerous
Working with mentally ill patients.
Registerd Nurse (Current Employee) –  MCclenny FloridaAugust 10, 2017
No longer a safe place to work more criminals being placed among vulnerable individuals. Very physical and mentally challenging some days, plenty of paper work to do. Little computer work posting vital signs and checking off medications. Not what you know but who. No overtime for nurses. Benefits are great but getting vested takes 10 long years you will have to eat a lot of crow to get to ten years.
Pros
vested after 10 years of service.
Cons
Management to many bosses
Great Stepping Stone!
Operations & Management Consultant II - SES (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJuly 29, 2017
Great place with great learning opportunities. There is a family atmosphere on campus with plenty potential to grow. There is a great new leader with great new ideas.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJuly 17, 2017
Usually, there is always something exciting happening there, rather its from the individuals served or staff. I've learned that as you grow professionally, there are some things and habits that people have to let go. For example, surrounding yourself, with mind people/professionals who have growth set on there minds. Management can be better. They have tendencies to allow unskilled and uneducated people in certain positions that they do not qualify for. The workplace culture needs much changing. Everyone is set into one style of working instead of working as a team. The hardest part of the job is, dealing with personal problems with the individuals and staff whom are not professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching the individuals and helping them learn skills necessary to live a productive life.
Pros
Activities and Benefits
Cons
Dealing with different attitudes
Dangerous, stressful, and cut throat.
Unit Treatment & Rehab Senior Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJuly 1, 2017
Management has no concern for the safety of the employees. The work environment is horrible, employees stab each other in the back. Management is totally unprofessional and ruthless. There is absolutely NO job security.
Pros
Great benefits as a State employee.
Cons
New world slavery. Double shifts. Impossible expectations.
don't work here
Human Service Worker-Lead (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJune 20, 2017
This job would have been a great place to work. The workers are treated unfairly, you only get a promotion if you know someone. They lie about getting a raise. The benefits are great. You work to hard and with dangerous people for the pay rate.
benefits
Cons
short staff
It was a good job.
HSW1 (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMay 29, 2017
I had no complaints other then the mandatory overtime. I couldn't work over when I didn't have a babysitter. If the overtime wasn't mandatory I would have still be there.
Pros
The money is great!
Cons
Overtime is mandatory
average
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMarch 22, 2017
The Northeast Florida State Hospital is a good place to work. They offer state benefits, competitive pay and will allow you to work over time if you need to.
My Suporvisor II is fantastic
Human Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMarch 2, 2017
Typical day consists of keeping the ward clean and making sure the patients are taken care of, helping with ADL's if needed. My Supervisor is fantastic.
Great Benefits
Supervisor or Manager (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJanuary 17, 2017
A very rewarding job. Never a dull moment. If you like working 12 hours and getting three days off this job is for you! Great Benefits. The management does not always have your back so it makes it difficult to do your job.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Enjoyed working with the individuals.
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLDecember 28, 2016
Coworker look out for them selves not a team playing place to work. Supervisors look out for them selves. Rewarding working with the individuals.
Horrible
Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLDecember 1, 2016
Not what it use to be. No option for advancement any more. Supervisor positions are being cut. If your a nurse, its perfect. Nursing is the future.
Toxic environment
Executive Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLNovember 22, 2016
Toxic environment. Favoritism and who you know and not what you know. Great Benefits. Low staff Morale. Good ole boy system.
Great experience as a manager although it was tough at times. The most enjoyable awarded Davis productivity award for decreasing overtime. A typical day at work included managing staffing needs at the hospital, attending various meetings
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low staff Morale
er
Human Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLNovember 6, 2016
The skills that they teach you in dealing with individual with a mental illness is a plus. Being able to desclate a individual in a crisis is one of the best qualification you leave with. Northest Florida State Hospital teaches you how to deal with all sourts of issues.
Life at nefsh
Human Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLNovember 4, 2016
I work Night shift and I love it most of the time but then comes the times when I want to sleep and it is bright and hot outside, or when night shift gets all the blame at work or when we get completely over looked. I love this job and I love my residents but I just am not too crazy over the staff that I work with every day. The hardest part is the over time. I just want to go home at the end of a 12 hour day but most of the time I have to stay over for 4 extra hours. But it is worth it seeing the difference I have made in some of the residents (patients) lives.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Short break, nothing to eat for nightshift
Not a great place to work
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJuly 6, 2016
The mindset is not welcoming here & the pay is horrible, and there is no room to move up. They have a click system here no matter your qualifications or educational background.
Pros
Pay very low
Cons
Not welcoming
Fiscal Accountant
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJune 23, 2016
I learned more about medical billing while billing medicare through first coast service options and keeping up with the CMS guidelines to ensure all guidelines were met in doing so.

In accepting my new position I have more opportunity for advancement as a buyer.
Psychiatric Aide (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLJanuary 31, 2016
16/Hr shifts
Best part of my job was helping the needy
Co-workers okay; need time to know who you can trust
The hardest part was trying to stay awake for so many hours
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor management
Very low Morale, need management improvments
Unit Treatment & Rehab Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macclenny, FLDecember 8, 2015
Worked here for approximately 1 year with hopes of a change in management due to the morale and negativity, No Communication skills at all, very backward facilitated place of work
Pros
HealthCare, Benifits
Cons
Overtime 16 hrs mandatory every two days then 8 hrs then 16 more x 2 6 days a week