Northeast Funding Services Inc., a Mortgage Broker with over 20 years of experience in the Latham, NY area has an immediate opportunity for a detail oriented Mortgage Loan Processor.
NATURE AND SCOPE
-Work closely with internal and external customer such as borrowers, loan officers and co-workers to ensure a seamless and positive application process.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail along with project planning skills.
- Must have overall knowledge of tax returns, credit reports and mortgage applications.
- Knowledge of FHA/VA, USDA, Conventional mortgage guidelines.
- Experience in Calyx Point, Outlook and Microsoft Office is helpful.
- Experience in running AUS findings (DU and LP) a plus.
- Associates degree is preferred but not required.
ATTRIBUTES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Computer skills including but not limited to typing, scanning, emailing etc.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to grasp financial concepts and work with numbers.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced loan environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Track client applications throughout the lending process and follow up as needed until closing.
- Work with Loan Officers as well as external organizations to obtain processing related documentation or necessary information needed to complete an application. i.e. Verifications of Employment, IRS Transcripts etc.
- Review and validate loan files for completeness and accuracy and ensure any deficiencies/gaps are appropriately addressed and resolved prior to submitting to Underwriting or Closing.
- Empowered to review and accept loan conditions based on underwriter requirements.
- Analyze mortgage loan documents to ensure that buyer, property, and loan conditions meet bank and regulatory standards.
- Sending requests to third party sources seeking independent verification of the personal and financial information provided by the loan applicant.
- Update the company computer system to summarize relevant conversations and record changes in the loan application’s status.
- Returning phone calls and other inquiries concerning the status of the loan application.
- Following up on outstanding documents requested but not yet received from third party sources.
- Providing timely reminders to loan applicants who have not yet submitted required information.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Full Time- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (1 hour lunch)
Competitive compensation based on experience
Health insurance offered
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this position please send your resume along with a cover letter to:
Fax: (518) 782-7120 Attn: Human Resources