Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great people
Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 25, 2016
One of the best groups of people I have ever worked with. Great people, great mission, and allows for a balanced work/life schedule.
Caveat Subscriptor
Staff (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 12, 2016
Think of it this way - this is a hospital that has mushroomed due to the housing boom in NE Georgia, while retaining the high school culture that so many others have mentioned. In that spirit, you do your four years and you move on to better, more mature organizations.

Creativity and individualism is squashed in the name of ham-handed policies, leaving the poor few who have to live by them scratching their heads as to which one to follow today. This is NOT the place for anyone who is going to express an opinion that runs counter to what their boss says.

The fact of the matter is that the truck-boat-truck good old boys and girls who've worked here for 20+ years intend to keep their six-figure salaries and maintain control by adopting some seriously manipulative behavior: playing favorites (read: only local yokels get promoted) and bait-and-switch tactics that lock you into employment.

It's incredibly frustrating to work here and try to make a difference, mainly because incompetent middle managers are more interested in pointing fingers that doing actual work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many to list
Nice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 5, 2016
Nice place to work. Great place to get your foot in the door if you want a long career in the medical field. Lots of differents types of jobs available.
Great
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 28, 2016
Northeast Georgia Health System is a wonderful place to allow your healthcare knowledge base to grow. They are a wonderful teaching hospital with so much to learn.
Poor management culture, critical
Analysis (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Poor management culture, critical, unrealistic demands, not good work life balance, low pay...
The culture you create is the culture you live in...
Pros
Cons
Poor culture, poor cooperation
Worst Place I've ever worked at
GSR (Former Employee) –  Nutritional Services DeptFebruary 9, 2016
Management is awful. They have their select few they like and those people are extremely lazy as well as others in the department. Coworkers still act like they're in high school, they love drama over petty things. Scheduling and hours are overwhelming, 12 hour shifts, standing most of the day. In general not a very good hospital.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, very demanding
I like working here, but ready to find something with more pay
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 6, 2016
This is a great organization to work for. The people are great and the job security is great, but I have been working here for almost 8 years now and it is a slow moving organization with not much room to move up, or at least not any time soon. Too many entry level employees want to move up
Pros
PDO time
Cons
little room for growth but job security is a plus
Busy Bees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work requires much patience and accuracy. Reaching out to patients, doctors, nurses and other offices accurately and politely. The work day tends to pass quickly as you are constantly moving and shaking with phone calls.
Diverse and High Quality
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 20, 2015
Float Pool nursing requires the ability to have a high level of time management and critical thinking skills, as the unit assignment can change at any point during the shift requiring a change in level of care from either a medical unit assignment to a critical care assignment. The management team tries to minimize mid shift changes as this disrupts continuity of care for the patients, and recognizes the skills set needs of the float pool nurses and allows for proper education. The best part of the job is working with the amazing co-workers. They work well together, definitely a "team" mentality which shows in the quality of patient care.
Would not recommend NGHS as employer
Case Management (Current Employee) –  North TowerOctober 20, 2015
Terrible management. They do not fix issues, waste is terrible. Work harder not smarter is the motto.

Lack of support. Over worked underpaid, micro managed, unreasonable work load.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Pay scale, benefits, arrogance of leadership, management
Great Place
Computer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 16, 2015
The people at NEGMC was very helpful during my short time of employment with this company. If given the chance I would work for this company,again
Promise the moon but never follow through
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2015
When I took a job here they made all these promises regarding my title and pay but 6 months later there's still nothing in the works. Pay is good but benefits could be better. I've never worked with so many people that tattle-tell on you for asking a simple question - everyone is always trying to get everyone else in trouble. Very catty, no trust in team mates or management. Even managers/directors are talking poorly about their employees in open spaces like it's normal daily small talk. None of the processes are standardized and no one wants to train you to do anything. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for the hospital for the time I was there, the people there are always polite and strive to give the patients a satisfactory stay.
Poor middle management
Case management (Former Employee) –  South TowerFebruary 24, 2015
Middle management did not care about their department members. Conflict resolution very poor. Was told by management to resolve an issue with another member of the department. When I did what I was told to do, I was the one that was written up multiple times. Hostile work environment. Managers did nothing to the member that spread lies and gossip throughout the department and nursing units. I am sure that if Carol Burrell would have known how things were being done, it would have stopped. They made me sound like a monster and I was a very dedicated employee just trying to do my job.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
poor middle management.
I agree not worth it!
Medical personnel (Former Employee) –  GainsvilleJanuary 28, 2015
I got terminated before I could start due to my race, I have never seen such racist ppl in my life!!
Friendly workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  gainsville,GAJanuary 12, 2015
Fast paced environment. the employees are friendly and helpful. The environment is professional.
Visionary organization that does the right things for the right reasons
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 7, 2015
It's not just a branding campaign - it's the culture of NGHS: doing the right things for the right reasons. From working with patients who can't pay their bill to providing services that lose money but the community needs to making tough decisions to ensure employees have competitive and affordable benefits, I've seen the administrative decision making in action (although I am not a senior administrator) and can attest to their integrity and their heart for employees, patients and the community they serve.

The organization recently went through a core values clarification process which involved employees from all levels. They did not come up with values they aspire to, rather called out the values that are already inherent in the organization: Respectful Compassion, Deep Interdependence, Passion for Excellence and Responsible Stewardship. These speak clearly to the type of organization NGHS is and the types of people who work there.

There are numerous long tenured employees at NGHS; many have been there more than 20 years and it's not unusual to have dozens each year celebrate 30, 35 and 40-year anniversaries. This is a place people stay. It's no wonder NGHS has been named one of Atlanta's Top 100 Workplaces four years in a row - one of only 20 to place in the Large Company Category.

These comments speak to the employee culture, but it's also worth noting that working at NGHS places you at one of the best health systems in the country. The heart program has ranked best in state for a solid decade, and other specialty services such as orthopedics, women's health and critical
  more... care have also placed top in state according to healthcare rankings organization such as Healthgrades and CareChex. They also have been a Truven Top 100 Hospital for three years. You can take pride working at such a stellar organization that is attracting physicians and clinicians from across the country.  less
Pros
nationally acclaimed hospital; truly caring administration; good benefits; long tenured employees
good pay/poor leadership
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleSeptember 27, 2014
The pay is very good but management is terrible. We have core values that leadership personnel disregard.
Only a consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2014
If I were looking to stay in Georgia, I would love to work for this hospital.
wasnt a fair practice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 22, 2014
I wasnt treatly fairly,because of race i was terminated,the position i was hired for was not the position i was working as.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7