Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

paid low
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 27, 2017
low pay for amount of work you do, no room for growth. hard to get vacation coverage at times. aide staff they hire is unreliable. management is ok but could be better
Large Health Organization- Continuously Growing
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 8, 2017
NGHS NGPG is an okay place to work with a wide array of benefits and options yet job growth seems to be lacking for those individuals who are not specialized or hold a license. Was provided a position working for a wonderful physician yet was promised the position would lead to job growth and compensation increases. Neither was provided and our department was left unnoticed.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
poor compensation/ little to no job growth
Fast paced ortho neuro floor
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 5, 2017
This was a great patient focused floor. The managemtn on the floor was not very attuned to the needs of the empoyees and I feel that communication is not key on this floor either.
Life is what you make it
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 12, 2017
I have worked at NEGAMC for 13 years starting as a PCT to RN and now a NP. Some jobs in this journey were better than others but overall I don't plan on leaving the medical center. It is definitely fast pace so if that is not your thing this place is not for you. I have grown here and look forward to many more years as a provider!
Unnecessary stress
Evs Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 30, 2017
This could be a great place to work,but some of the department managers have very poor management skills.They tell lies to make themselves look good,very unprofessional, jealous of employees if they are advancing.They try and make sure that you leave wrong or without notice,they try their hardest to make sure that they ruin your reputation before you leave.It is not the hospital it is the contractor who they have in place to manage the department. FYI make sure you put everything in e-mail form,make sure that if you leave in good standing request your separation notice to see what is written,Work everyday of your notice and be on time without fail. Last but not least make sure that they put the right info in the system so they will not put you on a no rehire status.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Nice Place to work
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 13, 2017
The atmosphere of NGHS is based on your other co-workers. There seemed to be more of a teamwork based employment. I enjoyed the jobs and wish I had never left.
Stressful work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 7, 2017
Not a career for life. Use as a stepping stone to another job. Management difficult to work with. Benefits are very good however. PDO time is accumulated at a slow rate.
good staff
Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 16, 2017
Busy operating room with good team work and focused on completing daily schedule before 5 PM. Time management was a necessity. The daily makeup of cases was heavy on Orthopedics. Most of the orthopedic cases were total hips and knees, and the remaining were sports medicine surgeries. Robotic surgery several times a week for general, gynecology and urology. Management often helped giving lunch breaks, both circulating and scrubbing.
Pros
40 min lunch breaks, daily AM break, good benifits
Cons
still on a paper charting system but will transition to a computer based EMR in the Fall.
day in the life
Manager of Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 14, 2017
Typical day required my attendance in multiple meetings throughout the day for various projects, systems updates, refresh report outs, and general information sharing. There are a lot of smart people working within the organization and I learned and helped develop a good deal of standardized processes and implemented them during my tenure at NGMC. The ability to take a team of technicians and mold and develop them into a cohesive working unit was very rewarding. That coupled with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision made NGMC a great place to work.
Great Place to Work Overall
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2017
My schedule is the BOMB.COM, we work 7 on 7 off so you have a million days you do not have to take your pdo days, because you are off every other week.
Pros
Schedule, pay, discounts, work environment
Cons
Advancement
Great company so far!
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, GAJuly 25, 2017
So far NGHS has been a great company to work for probably one of the best companies so far. The pay isn't all that great at all especially when it comes to what all they expect from you and I don't think it matters in certain departments if you have a degree or not your pay still doesn't change, well at least mine hasn't. I think you also have to take the initiative yourself to learn new skills and to inquire about it because so far it hasn't been pushed to employees to do that or to expand their knowledge. As with a lot of other companies management can be picky and micro-managed for whatever reason and can improve especially when it comes to reaching out and talking with employees and treating everyone fairly across the board. I'd still recommend NGHS as a place to work for especially as a stepping stone to get your foot in the door in healthcare.
Pros
Co-workers, workplace environment, schedule, free food, benefits, 401k, Hsa
Cons
Pay, micro-managing, and not encouraging employees to improve their skills or education/knowledge
Productive work place with employee advancement
Principal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 19, 2017
Northeast Georgia Health Systems is a work place dedicated to their patients and employees. The company offers a variety of benefit packages and classes focused on employee advancement. I highly recommend any open positions with this company.
It's alright.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 18, 2017
The workplace varies based off of skill based work ethic and how much you like your job. You'll progressively get better at your job overtime. Just give it patience
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managment
Great Organization - be careful in IT.
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 28, 2017
The IT department is top heavy in management and not enough worker bees. Of all IT departments I've worked at from both large national organizations to smaller companies, the NGHS IT department is the most unstructured fly by the seat of your pants department I've seen.

Be prepared to leave NGHS with the same skills you brought, they hire talent, but don't do anything to develop it. Extremely poor education and new hire process.
Pros
NGHS is an awesome organization as a whole!
Cons
ITS lacks direction from Directors down.
Nice place
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 9, 2017
Northeast Georgia Health System has given me a chance to truly understand the medical field and if I truly wanted to continue as my career choice. I have not changed my mind since.
Pros
People
Cons
N/a
TSP (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 9, 2017
It is a great place to work for. They truly value their employees. I work from 7:00am until 3:30pm collecting medical records throughout the hospital.
Growing company but sometimes hard to promote within, some departments have bad management
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 7, 2017
I believe and like the company but some departments are hard to work in due to poor management and physicians that don't acknowledge the staff with respect, it can bring down the office moral and high turnovers.
Pros
can charge you meals to your payroll deduction, as well as prescriptions, low rx cost at the employee pharmacy
Cons
yearly compensations, need to be easier to promote within
work place culture
Registered Nurse in med surg unit (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 19, 2017
at northeast Georgia hospital, the day shift nurses lack team work ethics and communication skills. and the techs do not help their nurses, the nurse is responsible for vital signs and blood sugar check.
Relaxed
Technician (Current Employee) –  GAMay 16, 2017
Nice place to work when the physicians are ready. Have up to date labs and equipment do latest procedures. Tend to spread the lab staff thin on days that the have cases in the hybrid OR
Pros
The reps look after the staff well
Cons
Start late
They just can't figure it out
RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2017
Critical short staffing, but management either doesn't know why or doesn't care. They still think they have a good reputation as a good place to work.
Pros
Covered parking deck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8