Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Busy Bees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work requires much patience and accuracy. Reaching out to patients, doctors, nurses and other offices accurately and politely. The work day tends to pass quickly as you are constantly moving and shaking with phone calls.
Diverse and High Quality
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 20, 2015
Float Pool nursing requires the ability to have a high level of time management and critical thinking skills, as the unit assignment can change at any point during the shift requiring a change in level of care from either a medical unit assignment to a critical care assignment. The management team tries to minimize mid shift changes as this disrupts continuity of care for the patients, and recognizes the skills set needs of the float pool nurses and allows for proper education. The best part of the job is working with the amazing co-workers. They work well together, definitely a "team" mentality which shows in the quality of patient care.
Would not recommend NGHS as employer
Case Management (Current Employee) –  North TowerOctober 20, 2015
Terrible management. They do not fix issues, waste is terrible. Work harder not smarter is the motto.

Lack of support. Over worked underpaid, micro managed, unreasonable work load.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Pay scale, benefits, arrogance of leadership, management
Great Place
Computer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 16, 2015
The people at NEGMC was very helpful during my short time of employment with this company. If given the chance I would work for this company,again
Promise the moon but never follow through
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2015
When I took a job here they made all these promises regarding my title and pay but 6 months later there's still nothing in the works. Pay is good but benefits could be better. I've never worked with so many people that tattle-tell on you for asking a simple question - everyone is always trying to get everyone else in trouble. Very catty, no trust in team mates or management. Even managers/directors are talking poorly about their employees in open spaces like it's normal daily small talk. None of the processes are standardized and no one wants to train you to do anything. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for the hospital for the time I was there, the people there are always polite and strive to give the patients a satisfactory stay.
Poor middle management
Case management (Former Employee) –  South TowerFebruary 24, 2015
Middle management did not care about their department members. Conflict resolution very poor. Was told by management to resolve an issue with another member of the department. When I did what I was told to do, I was the one that was written up multiple times. Hostile work environment. Managers did nothing to the member that spread lies and gossip throughout the department and nursing units. I am sure that if Carol Burrell would have known how things were being done, it would have stopped. They made me sound like a monster and I was a very dedicated employee just trying to do my job.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
poor middle management.
I agree not worth it!
Medical personnel (Former Employee) –  GainsvilleJanuary 28, 2015
I got terminated before I could start due to my race, I have never seen such racist ppl in my life!!
Friendly workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  gainsville,GAJanuary 12, 2015
Fast paced environment. the employees are friendly and helpful. The environment is professional.
Visionary organization that does the right things for the right reasons
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 7, 2015
It's not just a branding campaign - it's the culture of NGHS: doing the right things for the right reasons. From working with patients who can't pay their bill to providing services that lose money but the community needs to making tough decisions to ensure employees have competitive and affordable benefits, I've seen the administrative decision making in action (although I am not a senior administrator) and can attest to their integrity and their heart for employees, patients and the community they serve.

The organization recently went through a core values clarification process which involved employees from all levels. They did not come up with values they aspire to, rather called out the values that are already inherent in the organization: Respectful Compassion, Deep Interdependence, Passion for Excellence and Responsible Stewardship. These speak clearly to the type of organization NGHS is and the types of people who work there.

There are numerous long tenured employees at NGHS; many have been there more than 20 years and it's not unusual to have dozens each year celebrate 30, 35 and 40-year anniversaries. This is a place people stay. It's no wonder NGHS has been named one of Atlanta's Top 100 Workplaces four years in a row - one of only 20 to place in the Large Company Category.

These comments speak to the employee culture, but it's also worth noting that working at NGHS places you at one of the best health systems in the country. The heart program has ranked best in state for a solid decade, and other specialty services such as orthopedics, women's health and critical
  more... care have also placed top in state according to healthcare rankings organization such as Healthgrades and CareChex. They also have been a Truven Top 100 Hospital for three years. You can take pride working at such a stellar organization that is attracting physicians and clinicians from across the country.  less
Pros
nationally acclaimed hospital; truly caring administration; good benefits; long tenured employees
good pay/poor leadership
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleSeptember 27, 2014
The pay is very good but management is terrible. We have core values that leadership personnel disregard.
Only a consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2014
If I were looking to stay in Georgia, I would love to work for this hospital.
wasnt a fair practice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 22, 2014
I wasnt treatly fairly,because of race i was terminated,the position i was hired for was not the position i was working as.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managment
Very nice to work at
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 29, 2014
The volunteer work was fun and the people there were quite nice. They give you meals for you work and the meals are decent. It was a very nice experience and the hours can accumulate very quickly if that's all you are doing it for. The staff, while very busy considering its a hospital, were very nice to the volunteers and myself when we came into their department to work.
Pros
free lunches, nice
Cons
n/a
It is a decent place to work.
nursing (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 28, 2013
Overall good and friendly environment. The senior management has good vision and invested in the future of the company.
Pros
dedicated workers
Cons
poor advancement
Horrible Supervisors
phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  gainesvilleOctober 14, 2013
I worked at the hospital in the lab as a phlebotomist. I went into labor twice at work at only 20 weeks pregnant. I asked to be put on light duty and after my supervisor refused, I was put on bed rest by my dr with a note for work. When I tried to go back to work, I found out my supervisor entered me into the system as non rehire abandoned position. They do not care about their employees and run you into the ground. I would work 8 days straight 9 hrs a night on third shift then get one night off, yet my status was PRN and I was not eligible for insurance. I've never seen so much back stabbing, ignorance and carelessness at a place of employment.
Cons
only a 30 min lunch break for 9 hrs of work and lack of care for employees
Don't recommend working at NE GA Med Ctr.
RN (Current Employee) –  InpatientOctober 12, 2013
If you don't mind constant negative feedback, maybe you would like working at this hospital. While I'm sure there are some exceptions, the nurse management has no appreciation for the things nurses and techs do. They feel the need to constantly criticize despite staffing shortages. Patients are greatful but management has a lot to learn. Cafeteria is the worst of any hospital I've been in. Poor support for career advancement.
Pros
patient's appreciate the care
Cons
lack nursing support, short staffed, poor opportunity for advancement
disagreement with practices and proceedures
RN (Former Employee) –  New Horizons NorthSeptember 28, 2013
Former employee. Unfortunately LTC owned and run by NGMC. As nurse I was instructed to do some things that I ethically disagreed with. I had been trained and worked for years doing things one way and was told to do things another way...Not a good place to work or to be the patient at.
Pros
liked employes
Cons
disagreed with management
Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee) –  Staff NurseSeptember 8, 2013
The hours are great and benefits are okay. Other than that, they have nothing to offer. The old saying that nurses eat their young is well proven here, and management does nothing about it. Complaining to the supervisor is useless, nothing gets accomplished. Communication is non existent. You are very lucky if you get a response, at least in the emergency department. I had complained multiple times as a family member of a patient several years ago. When i became employed there i thought that things would be different and I could see their point of view in their actions. That was not the case. They were still rude and unhelpful. The charge nurse will raise her voice and scold you over little things in front of patients, family and other staff, which is very unprofessional. Nurse techs gather in the hallway and complain about their job just outside of patient's rooms. I can totally understand why they have such an extremely high turnover rate!
Pros
only working 3 days a week
Cons
everything else
Very poor management team in the Oncology Research & Registry area
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GeorgiaMarch 15, 2013
This position is not for any individual seeking career advancement or ongoing education about the registry field. Do NOT apply if you expect to work with knowledgeable individuals that enjoy healthcare. The department manager is well beyond retirement and does not/will not reward a job well done, on the contrary, she is quite unprofessional in her approach of employees. The Oncology Research/Registry manager speaks lowly of her employees with other employees, makes insulting comments of her staff to physicians and maintains an atmosphere of confusion among staff members with her 'do as I say, not as I do' work attitude. The registry has employed and lost 3 staff in a year's time frame. This is no coincidence. These individuals do not want to work with a registrar and Northeast Georgia Health System is making no efforts to make this department a better place to work.