Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Nice Place to work
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 13, 2017
The atmosphere of NGHS is based on your other co-workers. There seemed to be more of a teamwork based employment. I enjoyed the jobs and wish I had never left.
Stressful work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 7, 2017
Not a career for life. Use as a stepping stone to another job. Management difficult to work with. Benefits are very good however. PDO time is accumulated at a slow rate.
good staff
Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 16, 2017
Busy operating room with good team work and focused on completing daily schedule before 5 PM. Time management was a necessity. The daily makeup of cases was heavy on Orthopedics. Most of the orthopedic cases were total hips and knees, and the remaining were sports medicine surgeries. Robotic surgery several times a week for general, gynecology and urology. Management often helped giving lunch breaks, both circulating and scrubbing.
Pros
40 min lunch breaks, daily AM break, good benifits
Cons
still on a paper charting system but will transition to a computer based EMR in the Fall.
day in the life
Manager of Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 14, 2017
Typical day required my attendance in multiple meetings throughout the day for various projects, systems updates, refresh report outs, and general information sharing. There are a lot of smart people working within the organization and I learned and helped develop a good deal of standardized processes and implemented them during my tenure at NGMC. The ability to take a team of technicians and mold and develop them into a cohesive working unit was very rewarding. That coupled with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision made NGMC a great place to work.
Great Place to Work Overall
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2017
My schedule is the BOMB.COM, we work 7 on 7 off so you have a million days you do not have to take your pdo days, because you are off every other week.
Pros
Schedule, pay, discounts, work environment
Cons
Advancement
Great company so far!
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, GAJuly 25, 2017
So far NGHS has been a great company to work for probably one of the best companies so far. The pay isn't all that great at all especially when it comes to what all they expect from you and I don't think it matters in certain departments if you have a degree or not your pay still doesn't change, well at least mine hasn't. I think you also have to take the initiative yourself to learn new skills and to inquire about it because so far it hasn't been pushed to employees to do that or to expand their knowledge. As with a lot of other companies management can be picky and micro-managed for whatever reason and can improve especially when it comes to reaching out and talking with employees and treating everyone fairly across the board. I'd still recommend NGHS as a place to work for especially as a stepping stone to get your foot in the door in healthcare.
Pros
Co-workers, workplace environment, schedule, free food, benefits, 401k, Hsa
Cons
Pay, micro-managing, and not encouraging employees to improve their skills or education/knowledge
Productive work place with employee advancement
Principal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 19, 2017
Northeast Georgia Health Systems is a work place dedicated to their patients and employees. The company offers a variety of benefit packages and classes focused on employee advancement. I highly recommend any open positions with this company.
It's alright.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 18, 2017
The workplace varies based off of skill based work ethic and how much you like your job. You'll progressively get better at your job overtime. Just give it patience
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managment
Great Organization - be careful in IT.
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 28, 2017
The IT department is top heavy in management and not enough worker bees. Of all IT departments I've worked at from both large national organizations to smaller companies, the NGHS IT department is the most unstructured fly by the seat of your pants department I've seen.

Be prepared to leave NGHS with the same skills you brought, they hire talent, but don't do anything to develop it. Extremely poor education and new hire process.
Pros
NGHS is an awesome organization as a whole!
Cons
ITS lacks direction from Directors down.
Nice place
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 9, 2017
Northeast Georgia Health System has given me a chance to truly understand the medical field and if I truly wanted to continue as my career choice. I have not changed my mind since.
Pros
People
Cons
N/a
TSP (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 9, 2017
It is a great place to work for. They truly value their employees. I work from 7:00am until 3:30pm collecting medical records throughout the hospital.
Growing company but sometimes hard to promote within, some departments have bad management
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 7, 2017
I believe and like the company but some departments are hard to work in due to poor management and physicians that don't acknowledge the staff with respect, it can bring down the office moral and high turnovers.
Pros
can charge you meals to your payroll deduction, as well as prescriptions, low rx cost at the employee pharmacy
Cons
yearly compensations, need to be easier to promote within
work place culture
Registered Nurse in med surg unit (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 19, 2017
at northeast Georgia hospital, the day shift nurses lack team work ethics and communication skills. and the techs do not help their nurses, the nurse is responsible for vital signs and blood sugar check.
Relaxed
Technician (Current Employee) –  GAMay 16, 2017
Nice place to work when the physicians are ready. Have up to date labs and equipment do latest procedures. Tend to spread the lab staff thin on days that the have cases in the hybrid OR
Pros
The reps look after the staff well
Cons
Start late
They just can't figure it out
RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2017
Critical short staffing, but management either doesn't know why or doesn't care. They still think they have a good reputation as a good place to work.
Pros
Covered parking deck
Best kept secret in North Georgia
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville campusApril 25, 2017
After working for over 20 years in the nursing market in Athens/Augusta/Atlanta, I came to work at NGMC-Gainesville in 2016. I've been so pleased to find a practice environment with complex patients in this relatively quiet town. We have a busy open-heart surgery program, and we get quite a bit of level I and level II trauma patients. I like the team of nurses I work with in critical care, and my boss seems to care about me as a person. I would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a challenging position in a busy ICU.
Pros
good nursing teamwork
Cons
if you are used to the city, you might not like living here
Excellent health system leadership and services
Director of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 15, 2017
I was recruited away from NGHS to join the start-up BlackfinIQ. I loved the people and the culture. My direct supervisor and VP were great people who managed a great deal with little resources. I was proud to have been a part of that team.
Pros
Innovative System
Cons
Few telecommute options
Racism is live and well
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 30, 2017
Very disappointed, I could say they need to just hire white nurses! You will be treated differently if you are black, that's for sure. Some staff are nice but most are not warm.
Pros
Nice cafe
Cons
Inconsistent
The hospital it was ok
PCT/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 25, 2017
at the hospital not only you have your job to do but sometime you have to some one else job.
and top off the pay its not great at all
plus the corporation did not value they staff
Pros
mult culture
Cons
short pay, not well balance
Horrible work environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 18, 2017
This was the worst experience I have ever had as an employee. I felt as if I worked with elementary school aged children.The manager hired me on a schedule that required working every other weekend but changed it to every weekend after I started orientation. This does not follow hospital policy but HR never enforced the policy. I walked out after 4 weeks and wouldn't go back if they quadrupled my salary , gave me a company car and provided housing. It's that miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Management and petty staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8