Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management culture, critical
Analysis (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Poor management culture, critical, unrealistic demands, not good work life balance, low pay...
The culture you create is the culture you live in...
Pros
Cons
Poor culture, poor cooperation
Would not recommend NGHS as employer
Case Management (Current Employee) –  North TowerOctober 20, 2015
Terrible management. They do not fix issues, waste is terrible. Work harder not smarter is the motto.

Lack of support. Over worked underpaid, micro managed, unreasonable work load.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Pay scale, benefits, arrogance of leadership, management
Promise the moon but never follow through
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2015
When I took a job here they made all these promises regarding my title and pay but 6 months later there's still nothing in the works. Pay is good but benefits could be better. I've never worked with so many people that tattle-tell on you for asking a simple question - everyone is always trying to get everyone else in trouble. Very catty, no trust in team mates or management. Even managers/directors are talking poorly about their employees in open spaces like it's normal daily small talk. None of the processes are standardized and no one wants to train you to do anything. It's a horrible place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I like working here, but ready to find something with more pay
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 6, 2016
This is a great organization to work for. The people are great and the job security is great, but I have been working here for almost 8 years now and it is a slow moving organization with not much room to move up, or at least not any time soon. Too many entry level employees want to move up
Pros
PDO time
Cons
little room for growth but job security is a plus
Worst Place I've ever worked at
GSR (Former Employee) –  Nutritional Services DeptFebruary 9, 2016
Management is awful. They have their select few they like and those people are extremely lazy as well as others in the department. Coworkers still act like they're in high school, they love drama over petty things. Scheduling and hours are overwhelming, 12 hour shifts, standing most of the day. In general not a very good hospital.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, very demanding
Caveat Subscriptor
Staff (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 12, 2016
Think of it this way - this is a hospital that has mushroomed due to the housing boom in NE Georgia, while retaining the high school culture that so many others have mentioned. In that spirit, you do your four years and you move on to better, more mature organizations.

Creativity and individualism is squashed in the name of ham-handed policies, leaving the poor few who have to live by them scratching their heads as to which one to follow today. This is NOT the place for anyone who is going to express an opinion that runs counter to what their boss says.

The fact of the matter is that the truck-boat-truck good old boys and girls who've worked here for 20+ years intend to keep their six-figure salaries and maintain control by adopting some seriously manipulative behavior: playing favorites (read: only local yokels get promoted) and bait-and-switch tactics that lock you into employment.

It's incredibly frustrating to work here and try to make a difference, mainly because incompetent middle managers are more interested in pointing fingers that doing actual work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many to list
Highschool All Over Again
Clinical (Former Employee) –  The Heart CenterMay 2, 2016
I worked here and it was the worst when it comes to management and staff pettiness. Everyone tattles and management is so unorganized. There are way too many leads that you don't even know who to answer to. They never inform you of change until the last minute. Everything is just thrown together in this place. The staff all talk so bad about each other and then smile in each other's faces. So many fake people and less genuine people in this place. Bullies.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, Bully staff
Nice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 5, 2016
Nice place to work. Great place to get your foot in the door if you want a long career in the medical field. Lots of differents types of jobs available.
Diverse and High Quality
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 20, 2015
Float Pool nursing requires the ability to have a high level of time management and critical thinking skills, as the unit assignment can change at any point during the shift requiring a change in level of care from either a medical unit assignment to a critical care assignment. The management team tries to minimize mid shift changes as this disrupts continuity of care for the patients, and recognizes the skills set needs of the float pool nurses and allows for proper education. The best part of the job is working with the amazing co-workers. They work well together, definitely a "team" mentality which shows in the quality of patient care.
Great people
Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 25, 2016
One of the best groups of people I have ever worked with. Great people, great mission, and allows for a balanced work/life schedule.
Great
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 28, 2016
Northeast Georgia Health System is a wonderful place to allow your healthcare knowledge base to grow. They are a wonderful teaching hospital with so much to learn.
Poor middle management
Case management (Former Employee) –  South TowerFebruary 24, 2015
Middle management did not care about their department members. Conflict resolution very poor. Was told by management to resolve an issue with another member of the department. When I did what I was told to do, I was the one that was written up multiple times. Hostile work environment. Managers did nothing to the member that spread lies and gossip throughout the department and nursing units. I am sure that if Carol Burrell would have known how things were being done, it would have stopped. They made me sound like a monster and I was a very dedicated employee just trying to do my job.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
poor middle management.
Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee) –  Staff NurseSeptember 8, 2013
The hours are great and benefits are okay. Other than that, they have nothing to offer. The old saying that nurses eat their young is well proven here, and management does nothing about it. Complaining to the supervisor is useless, nothing gets accomplished. Communication is non existent. You are very lucky if you get a response, at least in the emergency department. I had complained multiple times as a family member of a patient several years ago. When i became employed there i thought that things would be different and I could see their point of view in their actions. That was not the case. They were still rude and unhelpful. The charge nurse will raise her voice and scold you over little things in front of patients, family and other staff, which is very unprofessional. Nurse techs gather in the hallway and complain about their job just outside of patient's rooms. I can totally understand why they have such an extremely high turnover rate!
Pros
only working 3 days a week
Cons
everything else
Busy Bees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work requires much patience and accuracy. Reaching out to patients, doctors, nurses and other offices accurately and politely. The work day tends to pass quickly as you are constantly moving and shaking with phone calls.
Don't recommend working at NE GA Med Ctr.
RN (Current Employee) –  InpatientOctober 12, 2013
If you don't mind constant negative feedback, maybe you would like working at this hospital. While I'm sure there are some exceptions, the nurse management has no appreciation for the things nurses and techs do. They feel the need to constantly criticize despite staffing shortages. Patients are greatful but management has a lot to learn. Cafeteria is the worst of any hospital I've been in. Poor support for career advancement.
Pros
patient's appreciate the care
Cons
lack nursing support, short staffed, poor opportunity for advancement
good work envirornment but bad lower mangement
former employee (Former Employee) –  gainesville gaNovember 29, 2012
Work Not a bad place to work although lower level management
is weak. The tactics taught for the job do not match
What should be used on patients and not quite sure why it
Is taught.
The benefits for a health care facility are pretty poor and one
is required to stay in the hospital system.
The pay is good for what is required to do but the job
Is not very fulfilling. Is a good job for retired folks but
Not for younger people's
Pros
good pay decent work conditions
Cons
benefits not great lower management terrible
Great Place
Computer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 16, 2015
The people at NEGMC was very helpful during my short time of employment with this company. If given the chance I would work for this company,again
Very poor management team in the Oncology Research & Registry area
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GeorgiaMarch 15, 2013
This position is not for any individual seeking career advancement or ongoing education about the registry field. Do NOT apply if you expect to work with knowledgeable individuals that enjoy healthcare. The department manager is well beyond retirement and does not/will not reward a job well done, on the contrary, she is quite unprofessional in her approach of employees. The Oncology Research/Registry manager speaks lowly of her employees with other employees, makes insulting comments of her staff to physicians and maintains an atmosphere of confusion among staff members with her 'do as I say, not as I do' work attitude. The registry has employed and lost 3 staff in a year's time frame. This is no coincidence. These individuals do not want to work with a registrar and Northeast Georgia Health System is making no efforts to make this department a better place to work.
Fantastic infrastructure considering the diverse geographical business relationships
Technical Administrator Ancillary Services (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 6, 2012
Many multitasking days trading off project planning, workflow evalualtion, and implementations with real time system management, troubleshooting and testing. Have a matrix resource system to manage and apply resources as necessary. Evaluate and negotiate with vendors from infrastructure to software and end user training. The IT department as a whole is one of the best I have encountered in my travels in term of knowledge and critical yet logical thinking about healthcare information technology. Most all of the systems are cutting edge technology, with an attempt to keep current and yet ground breaking in others. For example the HIE I have as a project for data exchange between facilities in 23 counties and, eventually the state, has a base environment specifications but continue to improve the system performance with the vendor well beyond what began as the original design. The most difficult part has been bringing so much change in so little time to quite the range of technical ability of the physician and customer base. The challenges of doing such is also some of the most enjoyable, being challenged keeps me on my toes, aware of the patient, not merely system advancement.
Pros
technical infrastructure and departmental environment
Cons
data center too isolated from medical center
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for the hospital for the time I was there, the people there are always polite and strive to give the patients a satisfactory stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7