Northeast Georgia Health System

Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Poor middle management
Case management (Former Employee), South TowerFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: poor middle management.
Middle management did not care about their department members. Conflict resolution very poor. Was told by management to resolve an issue with another member of the department. When I did what I was told to do, I was the one that was written up multiple times. Hostile work environment. Managers did nothing to the member that spread lies and gossip throughout the department and nursing units. I am sure that if Carol Burrell would have known how things were being done, it would have stopped. They made me sound like a monster and I was a very dedicated employee just trying to do my job.
I agree not worth it!
Medical personnel (Former Employee), GainsvilleJanuary 28, 2015
I got terminated before I could start due to my race, I have never seen such racist ppl in my life!!
Friendly workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), gainsville,GAJanuary 12, 2015
Fast paced environment. the employees are friendly and helpful. The environment is professional.
Friendly workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), gainsville,GAJanuary 12, 2015
Visionary organization that does the right things for the right reasons
Middle Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: nationally acclaimed hospital; truly caring administration; good benefits; long tenured employees
It's not just a branding campaign - it's the culture of NGHS: doing the right things for the right reasons. From working with patients who can't pay their bill to providing services that lose money but the community needs to making tough decisions to ensure employees have competitive and affordable benefits, I've seen the administrative decision making in action (although I am not a senior administrator) and can attest to their integrity and their heart for employees, patients and the community they serve.

The organization recently went through a core values clarification process which involved employees from all levels. They did not come up with values they aspire to, rather called out the values that are already inherent in the organization: Respectful Compassion, Deep Interdependence, Passion for Excellence and Responsible Stewardship. These speak clearly to the type of organization NGHS is and the types of people who work there.

There are numerous long tenured employees at NGHS; many have been there more than 20 years and it's not unusual to have dozens each year celebrate 30, 35 and 40-year anniversaries. This is a place people stay. It's no wonder NGHS has been named one of Atlanta's Top 100 Workplaces four years in a row - one of only 20 to place in the Large Company Category.

These comments speak to the employee culture, but it's also worth noting that working at NGHS places you at one of the best health systems in the country. The heart program has ranked best in state for a solid decade, and other specialty services such as orthopedics, women's health and critical care have also placed top in state according to healthcare rankings organization such as Healthgrades and CareChex. They also have been a Truven Top 100 Hospital for three years. You can take pride working at such a stellar organization that is attracting physicians and clinicians from across the country.
good pay/poor leadership
Radiographer (Current Employee), GainesvilleSeptember 27, 2014
The pay is very good but management is terrible. We have core values that leadership personnel disregard.
Only a consultant
Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2014
If I were looking to stay in Georgia, I would love to work for this hospital.
wasnt a fair practice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad managment
I wasnt treatly fairly,because of race i was terminated,the position i was hired for was not the position i was working as.
Very nice to work at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice
Cons: n/a
The volunteer work was fun and the people there were quite nice. They give you meals for you work and the meals are decent. It was a very nice experience and the hours can accumulate very quickly if that's all you are doing it for. The staff, while very busy considering its a hospital, were very nice to the volunteers and myself when we came into their department to work.
It is a decent place to work.
nursing (Current Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 28, 2013
Pros: dedicated workers
Cons: poor advancement
Overall good and friendly environment. The senior management has good vision and invested in the future of the company.
Don't recommend working at NE GA Med Ctr.
RN (Current Employee), InpatientOctober 12, 2013
Pros: patient's appreciate the care
Cons: lack nursing support, short staffed, poor opportunity for advancement
If you don't mind constant negative feedback, maybe you would like working at this hospital. While I'm sure there are some exceptions, the nurse management has no appreciation for the things nurses and techs do. They feel the need to constantly criticize despite staffing shortages. Patients are greatful but management has a lot to learn. Cafeteria is the worst of any hospital I've been in. Poor support for career advancement.
disagreement with practices and proceedures
RN (Former Employee), New Horizons NorthSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: liked employes
Cons: disagreed with management
Former employee. Unfortunately LTC owned and run by NGMC. As nurse I was instructed to do some things that I ethically disagreed with. I had been trained and worked for years doing things one way and was told to do things another way...Not a good place to work or to be the patient at.
Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee), Staff NurseSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: only working 3 days a week
Cons: everything else
The hours are great and benefits are okay. Other than that, they have nothing to offer. The old saying that nurses eat their young is well proven here, and management does nothing about it. Complaining to the supervisor is useless, nothing gets accomplished. Communication is non existent. You are very lucky if you get a response, at least in the emergency department. I had complained multiple times as a family member of a patient several years ago. When i became employed there i thought that things would be different and I could see their point of view in their actions. That was not the case. They were still rude and unhelpful. The charge nurse will raise her voice and scold you over little things in front of patients, family and other staff, which is very unprofessional. Nurse techs gather in the hallway and complain about their job just outside of patient's rooms. I can totally understand why they have such an extremely high turnover rate!
Very poor management team in the Oncology Research & Registry area
Registrar (Former Employee), Gainesville, GeorgiaMarch 15, 2013
This position is not for any individual seeking career advancement or ongoing education about the registry field. Do NOT apply if you expect to work with knowledgeable individuals that enjoy healthcare. The department manager is well beyond retirement and does not/will not reward a job well done, on the contrary, she is quite unprofessional in her approach of employees. The Oncology Research/Registry manager speaks lowly of her employees with other employees, makes insulting comments of her staff to physicians and maintains an atmosphere of confusion among staff members with her 'do as I say, not as I do' work attitude. The registry has employed and lost 3 staff in a year's time frame. This is no coincidence. These individuals do not want to work with a registrar and Northeast Georgia Health System is making no efforts to make this department a better place to work.
Very Dissapointing
RN (Former Employee), LTCJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: taught the correct way to manage people in orientation at the hospital
Cons: biggest con was that management just does not want to take the time to care about their employees
Management does not care about their employees. Management does not want to address valid employee concerns. Management does not reward employees for a job well done. Management does not belive that treating employees fairly is their job. A totally different type of supervising and managing ones employees. This occurd at an off site facility run by NGMC As a result morale was bad and depressing place to work!

May 20, 2013

I am a former lpn that had worked with Northeast Georgia for 7 years. I cannot think of anywhere else I have ever worked that the management was more unprofessional, incompetant, backstabbing and redneck. In my opinion, Northeast Georgia is truly an evil empire. The closing of Lanier Park Hospital was the WORST thing that ever could have happened to the workers and patients of Gainesville.

good work envirornment but bad lower mangement
former employee (Former Employee), gainesville gaNovember 29, 2012
Pros: good pay decent work conditions
Cons: benefits not great lower management terrible
Work Not a bad place to work although lower level management
is weak. The tactics taught for the job do not match
What should be used on patients and not quite sure why it
Is taught.
The benefits for a health care facility are pretty poor and one
is required to stay in the hospital system.
The pay is good for what is required to do but the job
Is not very fulfilling. Is a good job for retired folks but
Not for younger people's
Fantastic infrastructure considering the diverse geographical business relationships
Technical Administrator Ancillary Services (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: technical infrastructure and departmental environment
Cons: data center too isolated from medical center
Many multitasking days trading off project planning, workflow evalualtion, and implementations with real time system management, troubleshooting and testing. Have a matrix resource system to manage and apply resources as necessary. Evaluate and negotiate with vendors from infrastructure to software and end user training. The IT department as a whole is one of the best I have encountered in my travels in term of knowledge and critical yet logical thinking about healthcare information technology. Most all of the systems are cutting edge technology, with an attempt to keep current and yet ground breaking in others. For example the HIE I have as a project for data exchange between facilities in 23 counties and, eventually the state, has a base environment specifications but continue to improve the system performance with the vendor well beyond what began as the original design. The most difficult part has been bringing so much change in so little time to quite the range of technical ability of the physician and customer base. The challenges of doing such is also some of the most enjoyable, being challenged keeps me on my toes, aware of the patient, not merely system advancement.
Quality Care
Program Director (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 30, 2012
Organization sets the bar with quality care. It is invested in the community.

About Northeast Georgia Health System

Northeast Georgia Health System in Gainesville, Georgia, is a not-for-profit community health system, dedicated to improving the – Read more

Northeast Georgia Health System Salaries