Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Overall Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
Have worked here for over five years with great personnel. Friendly staff and overall good environment to work in. Haven't had any problems except career advancement issues where the manager was biased against the school I attended. Workplace culture is pretty diverse. Hardest part of my job was physical labor and stress. Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and their personalities.
Pros
Friendly staff, Overall Great Environment
Cons
Biased against school programs, Middle Management
Very fast paced, high acuity
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be very busy. A high level of discharges and admissions routinely. Varied coworkers with adequate skills to perform the tasks at hand. Requires flexibility, teamwork, and strength to endure the multitude of personalities.
Pros
Making a difference in the patient lives and schedule flexibility
Cons
Old facility with water leaks, mold smells, and less integrated
Amazing place to work, patient care is outstanding!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 27, 2017
This is the very best place I've worked thus far! Great customer service and clinical skills are their main goal, great benefits, amazing management team, just a wonderful place.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion, great insurance coverage, among many others
Cons
None that I am aware
If I could give management a negative I would
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 28, 2016
Management and everyone at the top is horrible and have gotten progressively worse. They turn a blind eye to problems and cling to their "best hospital" title from some obscure magazine or from US reports from many years ago. Do a google search on what they claim to be # 1 of. Nothing will come up except their website. They DO NOT put patients first. I know for a fact that a critical items which have to checked by nurses are not checked by them, rather, by others who are not trained. Would not go to the ER at both locations the way I've seen things run.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
management, pay, and management again
I thought I graduated high school years ago!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 29, 2016
Constantly amazed by the unqualified people in the various clinic sites that are promoted or allowed to lead people that actually have an education. I hear constant errors in patient teaching. Too many women allowed to behave like bratty schoolgirls by gossiping and worrying what everyone else is doing. Management doesn't want to deal with the least bit of confrontation so these people are in the perfect place to flourish. Good employees will continue to leave in pursuit of an adult workplace. Tired of unlicensed people referring to themselves as nurses. You are not a nurse. Stop it. You're giving us a bad name. The constant changes in policy and procedures will make your head spin. How you move up or grow depends entirely on who you know.
Pros
Job security, looks good on resume to have worked here
Cons
Constant changes in policy - can't keep up, culture of bullying that is accepted
dishonest, unhealthy culture
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 14, 2016
A very unhealthy place to work. Patients may get good care. It's in spite of - not because of- the top leadership and culture. Many of the quality statistics reported are falsified by directors and managers because the culture demands it. Everything has to be perfect. I've seen this for years and it's happening again this year. If you don't play along you will not last at Northeast Georgia in a management capacity.
Work at your own pace!
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Continuum allows you to get to know a patient on a personal level! You are the face that patient sees when they wake up and sometimes the face they see before they fall asleep! The sweet lady I had the pleasure of taking care of will forever be my best friend!
energetic atmoshphere
RN ED (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 4, 2016
great company to work for with awesome benefits except prescription coverage

need a dedicated educator with each dept. with skill set appropriate

going through lots of changes currently, new managers, etc.
new software
Pros
awesome team work among coworkers
Cons
no lunches rarely
I enjoyed all the different things I was exposed to.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville GaOctober 31, 2016
The hours were long and had to work alot of weekends. But I liked working there management was not good. It was hectic in the ER some nights. The management has changed now so it might e a better place to work.
Pros
other health care tech
Cons
management
Talk about lacking diversity!
HR/Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Northeast Georgia is a strong healthcare organization in Gainesville, GA.

If you are looking for an "old school" culture without appreciation for diversity then NGHS is it!
Innovative place to work
Remote Order Entry Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GA 31701October 20, 2016
NGHS is the leader in Georgia for cardiac care. We are provided with the best of equipment, My co-workers are a joy to work with.
Pros
respectful
Cons
dinning room needs better food
Patient Safety comes FIRST
Medical Technologist Generalist (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 10, 2016
Very impressed with their Patient Safety program and the departmental and facility Safety huddles...they get it!! Enjoyed all the people I worked with. All equipment was new and state of the art.
good place to work
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 26, 2016
Good place to work I just advanced my career and moved forward. The company went down after the owner retired and then the business closed its doors.
Highschool All Over Again
Clinical (Former Employee) –  The Heart CenterMay 2, 2016
I worked here and it was the worst when it comes to management and staff pettiness. Everyone tattles and management is so unorganized. There are way too many leads that you don't even know who to answer to. They never inform you of change until the last minute. Everything is just thrown together in this place. The staff all talk so bad about each other and then smile in each other's faces. So many fake people and less genuine people in this place. Bullies.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, Bully staff
Great people
Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 25, 2016
One of the best groups of people I have ever worked with. Great people, great mission, and allows for a balanced work/life schedule.
Worst Place I've ever worked at
GSR (Former Employee) –  Nutritional Services DeptFebruary 9, 2016
Management is awful. They have their select few they like and those people are extremely lazy as well as others in the department. Coworkers still act like they're in high school, they love drama over petty things. Scheduling and hours are overwhelming, 12 hour shifts, standing most of the day. In general not a very good hospital.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, very demanding
I like working here, but ready to find something with more pay
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 6, 2016
This is a great organization to work for. The people are great and the job security is great, but I have been working here for almost 8 years now and it is a slow moving organization with not much room to move up, or at least not any time soon. Too many entry level employees want to move up
Pros
PDO time
Cons
little room for growth but job security is a plus
Caveat Subscriptor
Staff (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 12, 2016
Think of it this way - this is a hospital that has mushroomed due to the housing boom in NE Georgia, while retaining the high school culture that so many others have mentioned. In that spirit, you do your four years and you move on to better, more mature organizations.

Creativity and individualism is squashed in the name of ham-handed policies, leaving the poor few who have to live by them scratching their heads as to which one to follow today. This is NOT the place for anyone who is going to express an opinion that runs counter to what their boss says.

The fact of the matter is that the truck-boat-truck good old boys and girls who've worked here for 20+ years intend to keep their six-figure salaries and maintain control by adopting some seriously manipulative behavior: playing favorites (read: only local yokels get promoted) and bait-and-switch tactics that lock you into employment.

It's incredibly frustrating to work here and try to make a difference, mainly because incompetent middle managers are more interested in pointing fingers that doing actual work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many to list
Great
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 28, 2016
Northeast Georgia Health System is a wonderful place to allow your healthcare knowledge base to grow. They are a wonderful teaching hospital with so much to learn.
Nice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 5, 2016
Nice place to work. Great place to get your foot in the door if you want a long career in the medical field. Lots of differents types of jobs available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8