Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

work place culture
Registered Nurse in med surg unit (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 19, 2017
at northeast Georgia hospital, the day shift nurses lack team work ethics and communication skills. and the techs do not help their nurses, the nurse is responsible for vital signs and blood sugar check.
Relaxed
Technician (Current Employee) –  GAMay 16, 2017
Nice place to work when the physicians are ready. Have up to date labs and equipment do latest procedures. Tend to spread the lab staff thin on days that the have cases in the hybrid OR
Pros
The reps look after the staff well
Cons
Start late
They just can't figure it out
RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2017
Critical short staffing, but management either doesn't know why or doesn't care. They still think they have a good reputation as a good place to work.
Pros
Covered parking deck
Best kept secret in North Georgia
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville campusApril 25, 2017
After working for over 20 years in the nursing market in Athens/Augusta/Atlanta, I came to work at NGMC-Gainesville in 2016. I've been so pleased to find a practice environment with complex patients in this relatively quiet town. We have a busy open-heart surgery program, and we get quite a bit of level I and level II trauma patients. I like the team of nurses I work with in critical care, and my boss seems to care about me as a person. I would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a challenging position in a busy ICU.
Pros
good nursing teamwork
Cons
if you are used to the city, you might not like living here
Excellent health system leadership and services
Director of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 15, 2017
I was recruited away from NGHS to join the start-up BlackfinIQ. I loved the people and the culture. My direct supervisor and VP were great people who managed a great deal with little resources. I was proud to have been a part of that team.
Pros
Innovative System
Cons
Few telecommute options
Racism is live and well
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 30, 2017
Very disappointed, I could say they need to just hire white nurses! You will be treated differently if you are black, that's for sure. Some staff are nice but most are not warm.
Pros
Nice cafe
Cons
Inconsistent
The hospital it was ok
PCT/Transporter (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 25, 2017
at the hospital not only you have your job to do but sometime you have to some one else job.
and top off the pay its not great at all
plus the corporation did not value they staff
Pros
mult culture
Cons
short pay, not well balance
Horrible work environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 18, 2017
This was the worst experience I have ever had as an employee. I felt as if I worked with elementary school aged children.The manager hired me on a schedule that required working every other weekend but changed it to every weekend after I started orientation. This does not follow hospital policy but HR never enforced the policy. I walked out after 4 weeks and wouldn't go back if they quadrupled my salary , gave me a company car and provided housing. It's that miserable.
Benefits
Cons
Management and petty staff
Fairly new facility
CST (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 15, 2017
For the most part, this was a very good company to work for. The facility is a fairly new facility and works well at giving back to the community it serves.
Pros
Discounted lunches and longer lunch breaks than typical in a hospital setting.
Cons
Management is not the best and it has change quite a bit in a short time.
Talk about lacking diversity!
HR/Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Northeast Georgia is a strong healthcare organization in Gainesville, GA.

If you are looking for an "old school" culture without appreciation for diversity then NGHS is it!
Work at your own pace!
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Continuum allows you to get to know a patient on a personal level! You are the face that patient sees when they wake up and sometimes the face they see before they fall asleep! The sweet lady I had the pleasure of taking care of will forever be my best friend!
Amazing place to work, patient care is outstanding!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 27, 2017
This is the very best place I've worked thus far! Great customer service and clinical skills are their main goal, great benefits, amazing management team, just a wonderful place.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion, great insurance coverage, among many others
Cons
None that I am aware
Overall Great Place to Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
Have worked here for over five years with great personnel. Friendly staff and overall good environment to work in. Haven't had any problems except career advancement issues where the manager was biased against the school I attended. Workplace culture is pretty diverse. Hardest part of my job was physical labor and stress. Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and their personalities.
Pros
Friendly staff, Overall Great Environment
Cons
Biased against school programs, Middle Management
Very fast paced, high acuity
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be very busy. A high level of discharges and admissions routinely. Varied coworkers with adequate skills to perform the tasks at hand. Requires flexibility, teamwork, and strength to endure the multitude of personalities.
Pros
Making a difference in the patient lives and schedule flexibility
Cons
Old facility with water leaks, mold smells, and less integrated
I thought I graduated high school years ago!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 29, 2016
Constantly amazed by the unqualified people in the various clinic sites that are promoted or allowed to lead people that actually have an education. I hear constant errors in patient teaching. Too many women allowed to behave like bratty schoolgirls by gossiping and worrying what everyone else is doing. Management doesn't want to deal with the least bit of confrontation so these people are in the perfect place to flourish. Good employees will continue to leave in pursuit of an adult workplace. Tired of unlicensed people referring to themselves as nurses. You are not a nurse. Stop it. You're giving us a bad name. The constant changes in policy and procedures will make your head spin. How you move up or grow depends entirely on who you know.
Pros
Job security, looks good on resume to have worked here
Cons
Constant changes in policy - can't keep up, culture of bullying that is accepted
energetic atmoshphere
RN ED (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 4, 2016
great company to work for with awesome benefits except prescription coverage

need a dedicated educator with each dept. with skill set appropriate

going through lots of changes currently, new managers, etc.
new software
Pros
awesome team work among coworkers
Cons
no lunches rarely
I enjoyed all the different things I was exposed to.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville GaOctober 31, 2016
The hours were long and had to work alot of weekends. But I liked working there management was not good. It was hectic in the ER some nights. The management has changed now so it might e a better place to work.
Pros
other health care tech
Cons
management
Innovative place to work
Remote Order Entry Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GA 31701October 20, 2016
NGHS is the leader in Georgia for cardiac care. We are provided with the best of equipment, My co-workers are a joy to work with.
Pros
respectful
Cons
dinning room needs better food
If I could give management a negative I would
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  GASeptember 28, 2016
Management and everyone at the top is horrible and have gotten progressively worse. They turn a blind eye to problems and cling to their "best hospital" title from some obscure magazine or from US reports from many years ago. Do a google search on what they claim to be # 1 of. Nothing will come up except their website. They DO NOT put patients first. I know for a fact that a critical items which have to checked by nurses are not checked by them, rather, by others who are not trained. Would not go to the ER at both locations the way I've seen things run.
Pros
Cons
management, pay, and management again
good place to work
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 26, 2016
Good place to work I just advanced my career and moved forward. The company went down after the owner retired and then the business closed its doors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7