Northeast Georgia Medical Center

Northeast Georgia Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent Medical Center, everyone comes together to get patients in and treated quickly.
Communications (Former Employee), GainesvilleJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: always on your mind, wondering if you got the drs, nurses and or team with the crash cart, fast enough to successfully care for the patient.
A good day at work, was when all patients were treated, admitted or sent home with care notes.
I only got to see most of my co-workers an hour. I worked 3rd shift.
It was very difficult when we would have a code. I had to learn quickly, to leave my emotions aside, and make sure I quickly, got them help.
Great Company
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee), hall countyJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company/advancement/pay
Cons: healthcare
set-up
tray line
clean up
great co-workers, great teamwork
I love my job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 8, 2014
Of course there's things I don't agree with or enjoy- but that's anywhere you go. I really feel like a valued member and I really feel like I make differences in lives that I touch.
Energetic workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 23, 2014
High-stress, fast-paced environment where team work is vital and there is rarely a dull moment.
PRN Chaplain
Chaplain (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: excellent team of trained chaplains, environment committed to compassionate care, chaplains part of the healing team
Cons: no resident program
Currently as a per diem chaplain, I work midnight shifts at the hospital. The first two hours are usually the busiest as some family members are still present or have yet to go to sleep in some of the waiting areas. I often will make my rounds through the entire hospital before trying to catch a little sleep. I respond to any emergence calls that arise – more... through the night. I have learned that hospital staff are as much, sometimes more of my ministry as the patients. I've also learned that listening is the most important thing I can do for those who are hurting. The hardest part of the job is calling on people who haven't sent or asked for a chaplain. Yet sometimes the most significant ministry is found behind the door of someone who did not ask for me to come. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the joy of being placed in holy moment situations that I otherwise would never get a chance to be a part of. You see and hear some remarkable stories. Some are tragic. Others seem close to miraculous. Yet God is present and that is confirmed over and over again. – less
Very little opportunity for advancement.
EVS Tech (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 15, 2014
New management in EVS have inconsistent work methods.
The pay is poor and there is little opportunity for advancement. The work hours are not ideal.
Overall great place, friendly environment.
Lead Floor Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 3, 2014
I worked at the bottom of the totem poll. floor maintenance techs and house keeper are treated like untouchable in a class system based on job position. Most people are friendly and everyone strives to the the best job they can in every deportment.
starting to change, not necessarily for the better
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: 3 holidays, friday nights aren't considered weekends
I loved working here when I first started. We have now adopted a trauma program and I am starting to see a shift in the management. Fridays aren't considered weekends and there are only 3 paid holidays.
It was awesome
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 7, 2014
It was amazing, I loved working there. I wish I wouldnt have moved!
Ok place to work
Patient Access Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: chick fil' a inside the facility
Learned a lot about insurance and was able to work with various patients. Everyone knows everyone small town type of work environment. Everyone talks behind everyone's back and then when they see them they are best friends. The only advice I can give is to go to work to work and not make friends because I witnessed several times someone talking about – more... someone and then when they come around they act as if they never said anything. I just kept to myself and listened and observed. – less
I enjoy being around patients and helping with patient care.
Emergency Department Assistant/Tech (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: help people in need.
Cons: short breaks and work on holidays.
Depending on which area I am in, I breakdown charts, help with patient care and help in areas where I am needed.
Production
Case Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, GeorgiaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great wroking environment
Cons: complex and overtime
I currently can use all skill sets to benefit my clients and my department. Utilization review and complex case reviews for medical necessity.
Working in the hospital helped me to grow spirtually.
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 7, 2013
Pros: making a difference in the lives of others.
Cons: when i get attached to the patient and they pass away.
A typical day at work started with me having a self talk. What I would do is tell myself that I wanna be the won who makes the patients smile. That I'm gonna go all out for them that is in my power.
Top 100 Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 20, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: acuity of patients
I work in the Orthopaedic/Neurological med-surg unit. I care for mainly pre and post op patients and some strictly medical overflow patient. I work 12 hour overnight shifts.I enjoy it when I really get to interact with my patients, and I have wonderful co-workers. It can be most difficult when we are understaffed and overloaded, as the acuity of of – more... patient population is quite heavy in general. – less
This was an ok job, while more stressful it was still the work I love doing even under any circumstances.
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 10, 2013
Pros: good location for me, made some lasting friendships.
Cons: understaffed and low pay.
Going into work at this job I knew to expect the workload to be behind schedule. I knew this was because all the shifts were understaffed we were all overworked. This was also a lesser paying job with little to look forward to...like advancements or raises. I also felt like patient respect and confidentiality was not a priority,one reason was because – more... of the communication methods we used, they were microphones..any communication between the lab and phlebotomist were heard by anyone near use..even other patients and families to other hospital employees in the halls and elevators an such. I know as of last week they were still using the same.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the same as always with me, the interaction with the patients. – less
Team atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: short staffed
The management is great! The hardest part is being short staffed but our charge RN's do their best to fight for staff.
Great Hospital to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2013
Northeast Georgia is a wonderful hospital to work for. It is a team environment and everyone including managers are helpful and friendly. I learned a lot in the time that I worked there.
Productive, fast-paced job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 23, 2013
Pros: awesome benefits and paid days off
Cons: very short breaks
The job has you on your feet visiting patients from one side of the ER to the other. I learned about how some people feel about financial stress, and also about how to deal with all sorts of situations due to most of the patients being aggravated or in pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually getting to meet new people and converse with – more... them and/or try to make them feel as important/cared for as possible. – less
Gainful experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 13, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits whatsoever
It is a great experience for anyone interested in medical careers i.e. PA, MD, etc.
very fast working enviorment
patient care tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 28, 2013
greet patient, hellp the nureses, transport patients, vital signs,

Northeast Georgia Medical Center Photos