Northeast Georgia Medical Center

Northeast Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Professional and busy company
Medical Records Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 10, 2015
learned all aspects of obtaining and providing medical records from and for all different facilities. work began at 8 am and began answering phone calls and receiving faxes from other facilities.
RN Residency Program/ Reentry Program
Medical-Surgical floor (adults) (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 2, 2015
I am seeking an opportunity to work in the acute care health care setting. I would like to be apart of a reentry/residency program in order to establish strong work skills. I have a strong background in pediatrics, and adult care. I very interested in working with children. I have strong communication and computer skills, and I am able to travel to reach opportunities.
Night Shift
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunches, Helping Hands
Cons: Forced to take early lunch, No break
When coming into work I am physically and mentally prepared for anything to happen. We work in such a fast pace enviroment that you must really be able to manage your time wisely and preform your job efficantly.My co-workers make my nights more enjoyable by being able to laugh and have a good time but we also know that there is a time to play and there is a time to work, and we all do our fair share of work.
fast paced , busy work days , great people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), GainesvilleMay 3, 2015
Pros: work with schedule with you if you are a student
Cons: be ready to work your hard stays busy all year long
- be able to stick 40+ patients per shift
- fast paced
- co- workers can be lazy sometimes be warned ...
- babies can be hard to stick, but for me personally I loved the challenge !
- you learn something new everyday
RN Case Manager full time
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Working in a large and diverse hospital system providing varying experiences.
Cons: Limited computer program which is in the process of being modified makes the job a challenge.
I assess and manage patient discharge planning needs, review medical record for appropriateness of level of care and continued hospitalization. Collaborate with physicians as well as other professional health care team members to provide a multi-disciplined patient centered and specific plan of care. I manage and direct the case management assistants as well as Social Workers.
Wonderful experience at great facility
Nurse Extern (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 1, 2015
I loved this facility work environment. They have very thorough nursing skill program with preceptors and continuous education classes. They have a very high standard but very rewarding. I strongly recommend for any one who wants to work at Northeast Georgia Medical Center.
Great Hospital
RN (Current Employee), Gainesville GAFebruary 4, 2015
I am a cardiac nurse at Northeast GA Medical Center. It is an excellent hospital to work for. This hospital provides outstanding patient care and the employees love their job and are treated very well.
Wonderful work environment
RN, BSN- Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 3, 2015
Wonderful work environment that allows growth within a company. This company provides alot of educational growth opportunities.
Ever changing and challenging
Unit Secretary,CNA,Triage,Hospice (Former Employee), Gainesville Ga/November 16, 2014
Pros: being allowed to be someones angel because of smiling, bringing a cookie, reading a letter
Cons: helplessness
Early mornings, and handing out hope to all I touched or greeted. A greater understanding of how life changes in moments. When grieve is so large that makes you quake and that hellplessness
Love it!
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAOctober 7, 2014
I love my job i couldnt have asked for a better place to work. A typical day will be getting report and discussing about your patients. You may get up to 11 patients. sometimes it can get really hectic and other days it can be really calm but overall its an amazing place to work.
Great!
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Gainesville, GASeptember 8, 2014
Great! This organization is very focused on creating an environment of collective work relationships and employee engagement.
It is a great place to work.
Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 21, 2014
It is a great place to work and grow professionally. Excellent team work.
Worst "C" level management i have ever worked for
PCT (Former Employee), CardiacAugust 14, 2014
Pros: i loved my patients and most of the nurses and techs i worked with
Cons: management does not care about what your side is!
i loved my job and worked everyday they scheduled me until occupational health needed something more from me and i was fired for something out of my control and when i showed them that it was not my fault my manager came up with some bogus complaints about me. when i contacted employee relations they read the list of things the MANAGER stated i did and REFUSED to listen to me! so basically this hospital does not care about anyone! they do not listen to employees ESPECIALLY new employees UNLESS its their so called management. I was wrongfully fired and if you plan on working for this hospital...i would go somewhere else. if you choose not to listen, be prepared...oh and HR is rude and this hospital all around does not care if you succeed...HORRIBLE pay but that wasnt a concern for me. I just wanted to help someone and make a difference in their life!
Excellent Medical Center, everyone comes together to get patients in and treated quickly.
Communications (Former Employee), GainesvilleJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: always on your mind, wondering if you got the drs, nurses and or team with the crash cart, fast enough to successfully care for the patient.
A good day at work, was when all patients were treated, admitted or sent home with care notes.
I only got to see most of my co-workers an hour. I worked 3rd shift.
It was very difficult when we would have a code. I had to learn quickly, to leave my emotions aside, and make sure I quickly, got them help.
Great Company
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee), hall countyJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company/advancement/pay
Cons: healthcare
set-up
tray line
clean up
great co-workers, great teamwork
I love my job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 8, 2014
Of course there's things I don't agree with or enjoy- but that's anywhere you go. I really feel like a valued member and I really feel like I make differences in lives that I touch.
Energetic workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 23, 2014
High-stress, fast-paced environment where team work is vital and there is rarely a dull moment.
PRN Chaplain
Chaplain (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: excellent team of trained chaplains, environment committed to compassionate care, chaplains part of the healing team
Cons: no resident program
Currently as a per diem chaplain, I work midnight shifts at the hospital. The first two hours are usually the busiest as some family members are still present or have yet to go to sleep in some of the waiting areas. I often will make my rounds through the entire hospital before trying to catch a little sleep. I respond to any emergence calls that arise through the night. I have learned that hospital staff are as much, sometimes more of my ministry as the patients. I've also learned that listening is the most important thing I can do for those who are hurting. The hardest part of the job is calling on people who haven't sent or asked for a chaplain. Yet sometimes the most significant ministry is found behind the door of someone who did not ask for me to come. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the joy of being placed in holy moment situations that I otherwise would never get a chance to be a part of. You see and hear some remarkable stories. Some are tragic. Others seem close to miraculous. Yet God is present and that is confirmed over and over again.
Very little opportunity for advancement.
EVS Tech (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 15, 2014
New management in EVS have inconsistent work methods.
The pay is poor and there is little opportunity for advancement. The work hours are not ideal.
Overall great place, friendly environment.
Lead Floor Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 3, 2014
I worked at the bottom of the totem poll. floor maintenance techs and house keeper are treated like untouchable in a class system based on job position. Most people are friendly and everyone strives to the the best job they can in every deportment.

Northeast Georgia Medical Center Salaries