Northeast Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews

The group of peaple I worked with wear great.
UNIT SECRETARY/UNIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 20, 2017
The environment was fast paced. The people were great. the hour are long, but enjoyable. You become part of a family on your first day. Unless you have to time and money to become an RN there is no job advancement opportunity.
Fast paced, under pressure, and understaffed.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 2, 2017
You have to know people in order to get an interview or to even get hired. I suggest you obtain an internship for a better chance of hire. I started as PRN. It is a beneficial position if you are still a college student.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, team work, and fun place to work at if you love the health care field.
Cons
In my opinion, I think the management department should be more fair to employees.
decent job for mental health crisis experience
Intake Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 30, 2017
Being able to complete many, many tasks while in a high stress environment at once is a MUST for this position;From taking multiple patient hand offs to answering crisis calls to assessing and empathizing with patients and their families in very fragile moments to working with nurses, MDs, security, etc.. This job can be exciting and you are in a unique position to influence and encourage people (your patients) when they need it the most. Great experience for growing your career in mental health care.
Stay away from IT
Senior Systems Analyst / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 27, 2017
Very poor management, top leadership makes very poor decisions. They pretend to care about employees and work life balance until it is time to show it and they give you grief. Promotions, it is all about who you know, not the work you do. They do not believe in sending people to learn.
Pros
Cons
Bad leadership, and expect you to work long hours without comp time just because they say people are salaried
post partum nurse
Registered Nurse POSTPARTUM (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 13, 2017
typical assignment 3-4 couplets, management is not really there, educator is not good. But the nurses are awesome. It is the best place to work in the hospital, but we are short of the red-headed step children in the since that we are pulled everywhere to do other jobs.
Youth Apprenticeship
YOUTH APPRENTICESHIP (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 4, 2017
This was a wonderful experience that I was able to partake in high school. It helped me get a visual of things that I wanted to be a part of when I finish school. This place helped me tremendously.
Great Place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 30, 2017
Northeast Georgia Medical Center is the greatest place I have ever worked. It is professional and all the people that I encountered while working there were top notch. I hated to leave. I highly recommend this hospital.
Pros
nice people, plesasnt atmosphere, professionalism at its best
Supportive staff
Registered Nurse/NICU (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 29, 2017
Very pleasant place to work. Always someone there to help when you need it. People are very nice and work well as a team. I can only speak about the NICU, where I work.
Pros
Good nurse/patient ratio
Cons
Pay is not competitive with metro Atlanta, as they state.
Love working here but understaffed.
RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 19, 2017
I've always loved working here and have been proud of where I work and still am. I love taking care of patients and love being a nurse. However, we are very understaffed at this point in time and it is very overwhelming.
Pros
great teamwork and love my co-workers
Cons
understaffed
patient care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 10, 2017
There is a huge lack of staffing at appropriate times and this results in a heavy patient load for the units. This results in a decrease quality of care for patients.
Pros
team environment
Cons
staffing
Poor Management
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 3, 2017
When I started in 2015 , the operating room had its flaws but overall was a great place to be employed. Since then , we have completely shifted management. Some roles were filled with non experienced persons. Concerns with new hire knowledge and skill has not been taken seriously, leaving them to fail or quit. I do enjoy my skill, the knowledge i have gained with the robotics program, and the great surgeons we work with daily. The need to expand is to soon , with not enough skilled staff to run sufficiently .
Pros
Great surgeons, good benefit package
Cons
short staffed, no breaks, poor managment
Hospital with Enjoyable Atmosphere
Medical Physicist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 9, 2017
Northeast Georgia is an enjoyable place to work at. The weather is nice year round and the facilities are very nice. The hospital is an integral part of the community and one of the largest employers in the area.
OK place to work
PASC Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 7, 2017
Really understaff the whole hospital and it creates stress on employees as well as a worse experience for patients. Really depends on the position you have in the hospital as well. Not a cohesive group of coworkers.
Middle of the road job satisfaction
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with my co-workers every day in my department. It's a great team. Our days were busy, but not too stressful. I settled for content, but ready for a change. NGHS insurance is "Self-insured". Not really optimal if you are looking for a specialty or second opinion outside of their network (basically no other options). The pay is questionable for a mega hospital. Management isn't approachable or concerned with the staff. Main concern is ratings, ratings, ratings.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Self Insured health care, pay scale
Very Challenging and enjoyable place to work
Manager, Sterile Processing Department (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 20, 2017
Manage and coordinate all activities of the Sterile Processing Department operations for two campuses, NGMC Main Campus and Lanier Park Hospital, in support of outlying hospital departments, surgical patients, surgeons, and operating room staff. Overall responsibility for all aspects of the supply inventory and ordering, case cart assembly, surgical instrumentation processing, and sterilization delivery processes. Additional responsibilities include all aspects of departmental regulatory compliance requirements and departmental budgetary compliance and human resource and educational aspects for both campuses.
Pros
Home town feeling with excellent working relationships
Cons
Was just too far away from the grandchildren in Florida
Exceptional Staff Educational Program
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 18, 2017
Very busy Cardiac Unit. Exceptional Staff educational program. Staff are allowed to attend classes to improve nursing knowledge. Very well organised work place.
Pros
Very considerate of staff needs
Cons
Need more diversity with staffing
The best place to work!
L&D Registration (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 7, 2017
This is one of the top healthcare systems in the U.S. and it was a honor to be able to work there for many years. They are so courteous and understanding of outside life and work balance. This was the best work experience I have ever had.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Health Insurance
Needs Multifaceted Improvements
Technical Training (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 29, 2017
This organization like all others have good and bad employees. There's times where inquiring can lead to a different impression of situations and this where they fall short here. There's minimal reaching out to the "foot soldiers" being impacted by the trickle down effect of enacted upper level decisions. Improper planning has been consistently observed. Preferential treatment can be given to staff based on affiliation with staff but then there's disregard for qualified people to be afforded advancement opportunity. Overall the staff I've worked with has been great. The hardest part of the job is knowing that some people don't properly perform the duties of their job roles and yet this is ignored while I must depend on their task completion to perform my job. It's a state of limbo while this is happening. Passing the buck can be the norm for some employees.
Pros
Location, Cafeteria discounts
Cons
Failure in properly planning
Productive and Fun Work Place
Patient Care / Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 26, 2017
Productive and Fun Work Place with lots of people around that will help you to make sure you get the job done. I have learned a lot from this position that I can take with me into my career as a Healthcare Administrator.
Overall Great company
Phlebotomist / Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 17, 2017
I have nothing but excellent comments about this entire operation. They are a great company. They have excellent benefits and have great opportunities for employees.