Northeast Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews

Motivated, dedicated workforce
Critical Care Division - Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Productive workplace with helpful colleagues. Opportunity for advancement limited.
Management was cooperative and dedicated. Provided motivation to the employees
Great people! Great atmosphere!
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Northeast Georgia Medical Center is a fun fast-paced environment to work in! All the staff is friendly, from environmental service personnel to techs, to nurses and surgeons!
Very productive and future oriented place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Very fast paced place to work, every shift had different experiences and challenges. Multi cultural employer that dealt with many different social and racial groups. I was taught the newest system to assist all medical team members with patient demographics. I personally learned further how to work with the many different personalities within the diverse departments I worked with. Management was always present and ready to assist and give encouragement when needed, but also gave correction in a fair diplomatic way when needed. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with traumatic circumstances on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. This was quickly contradicted by being a part of the relief and happiness extended by the patients and their families upon hearing good news about their condition.
Pros
Reassurance of upper management, suprise incentives in the form of Starbucks or gift cards by department director.
Cons
Breaktime is non existent and it's hard to even get a bathroom break at times, consistently dealing with a high influx of patients while working short staffed quite often, the triage area is very confusing at times, the cafeteria lacks good food and is very over priced.
Very fun work staff
REGISTERED RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 16, 2017
I worked at Northeast Georgia from April 2013-Sept. 2016. The hospital has very friendly staff, especially in Radiology. They are always looking for ways to improve the employee satisfaction. I highly recommend a career with this awesome workplace.
striving for excellence
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 19, 2016
offers lots of experience and advancement opportunities
very busy and continues to grow and become more busy
love this hospital
Pros
excellent patient care
Okay
Cardiac Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
Have learned a lot from NGHS in the past 4 years. There are somethings they can improve on. Like better compensation for their RNs. Many nurse have left due to the low pay rate.
Fun, easy job, hectic at times and slow at times
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 10, 2016
Easy days at work, mostly a low responsibility job, easygoing co-workers and management, some long days and sometimes short days, easy to get along with co-workers
Pros
Predictable work days
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement, low paying for the work involved
Very positive and energetic place
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 16, 2016
The employees there really treat you like family when you come aboard, I never felt that from another facility. Even though it was fast paced, it was always someone there to help you through it.
No family time
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 9, 2016
Worked 6 or 7 days a week
busy workplace
friendly co workers
work 7 am to 3 pm
management was bad
had no type of accomedation in regards to the weather
Pros
friendly people
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work, would still be with them if not had to move to Savannah for husbands job. Relax and friendly place and office staff wonderfull work with
Pros
flex hours
Pretty good!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 28, 2016
I work as a nurse at this facility. My coworkers are great and i've made some good friends while working here. I graduated nursing school and found this facility on http://mri.directory/ and I love it!
Pros
Hours are flexible!
Cons
Late nights!
Great hospital
Unit Secretary/Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 28, 2016
Great place to work. very flexible with working hours. The pay and the benefits were good. I was able to eat at the café and that help with not have to go out for lunch everyday
Productive, great place to work.
Registered Nurse, NICU (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 19, 2016
The NICU is a great place for learning and growing your career in nursing. The staff are very dedicated to their profession.
Great learning hospital. Friendly staff.
ELECTROCARDIOGRAPH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 9, 2015
Responsible for obtaining EKG's on patients with chest pain, cardiovascular history and routine monitoring.

Work in an EKG Department with other experienced co-workers.

I love learning as much as I can whether in this field or any other.
Pros
health Benefits
Productivity
PCT (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 8, 2015
There is a excellent working culture here. Co-workers work together and have the same goals of taking care of the pts. The most part of my job is that everyone is there for this purpose.
Its an okay place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 1, 2015
Great benefits and pretty good pay. The overall culture of the units i work in aren't very good and attitudes are CONSTANT. Some days its good and some days its horrible. I am not completely unhappy working here, but i can say it could be A LOT better.
Worse place EVER
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 31, 2015
The was the worst job ever, management clearly has favorites and they are allowed to do whatever. There are some surgeons that are down right mean and nasty. You will get bullied by co workers and when its reported nothing EVER happens I would NEVER EVER recommended working here so many people quit within the short time I worked there and so many people I know feel the same way.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 28, 2015
This was an entry level position, however I learned some basic skills such as how to take vital signs. I was responsible for bathing and dressing patients and aiding in their rehabilitation.
amazing people
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 20, 2015
the amazing people here are wonderful. caring and understanding, work together as a team and make the patients stay great. I loved working here
Pros
great people great oppertunity
Cons
see sad things
Professional and busy company
Medical Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 10, 2015
learned all aspects of obtaining and providing medical records from and for all different facilities. work began at 8 am and began answering phone calls and receiving faxes from other facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3