Northeast Iowa Community College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with good benefits
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 25, 2017
Productive and fun work place with a lot of benefits. Vacation time off and reliable environment. Culture friendly environment among all works and stuff
Great job for someone looking to work with the student population
Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IA 52068June 24, 2017
Enjoyed position - looking for something closer to my home, People were great to work with and the changing student population kept things fun. Very busy office.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Distance from home
Productive and Friendly
iMPACT President (Current Employee) –  Calmar, IAApril 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of following a list of tasks from simple marketing, to organizing an event (mostly for entertainment) and trips for students.
Pros
All co-workers are very likable. Wonderful support between different departments.
Student Job
Computer Information Service lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 19, 2017
This was a student job, so my review is kind of pointless, only doing it because indeed is forcing the subject. I liked the people I worked with and the environment I was in.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
stuck on campus all day
Rewarding school to attend and work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAAugust 18, 2016
I got the opportunity to meet the Health instructors and helped them get their curriculum in order before the new semesters started. I also graded papers, copied, filed, and answered phones. My biggest joy was helping visitors and students with any questions they may have and help them find were they needed or wanted to go throughout the college campus.
Wonderful place to work
Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calmar, IAAugust 1, 2016
I loved working for NICC. Everyday had something different in store for me whether it was working with the students, working with new people to set up there programs that they held there, working with the IT department when computers and components were not working correctly, working with the instructors to make sure they had all the items needed for day-to-day classes, and working with the heads of the dairy farm committee to provide the necessary accounting numbers for monthly meetings and audits.
Pros
Working with people from all walks of life, gaining education and knowledge
Cons
Pay rates were hard to live on for a single mother
Challenging... in a Good Way
Staff (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 27, 2016
If you're looking for a challenging workplace that brings out the best in you, and if you're passionate about student success, I'd recommend Northeast Iowa Community College to anyone.
Pros
Allows for autonomy in the workplace.
Cons
Unintended organizational overload with certain positions.
Very supportive of online instructors
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineDecember 29, 2015
There is always support for online instructors immediately. The XPress classroom design is easy to navigate and student/instructor friendly.
Pros
Great community college
Cons
Compensation for educators in general
A technical school becomes a community college
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IANovember 30, 2015
This was my first serious employment teaching Composition and Literature. I was hired with no teaching background, but my M.A. in English Literature was considered a qualification for taking a chance on me. I learned a great deal from my immediate supervisor about class organization and presentation of materials. My co-workers always exhibited quiet professionalism. The hardest part of the job was shaping myself into an actual educator, in a trial by fire. The most enjoyable part was my rapport with my fellow workers, and discovering I was able to help my students as a developing teacher.
It was an interesting place to work with different expectations daily.
Test Proctor Assistant/ Disability Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Calmar, IowaNovember 18, 2015
There was no "typical" day at work. This can be expected in any human service related field. There were students and would-be students who might need to be calmed prior to testing. If other mentors were not available to assist students in their studies, I was on hand. Tests were converted for online assistance.Students and families were escorted to other services provided by the college. Testing schedules were coordinated and updated as needed. There were multiple other "jobs" which I might be involved with on any given day as well.
Pros
Work experience in field of study, multiple expectations, close to residence, able to work around classes, never knew what to expect from arrival to completion of day
Cons
I do not remember there being any cons to working at NICC.
Good place, respectful to teachers
Adjunct Instructor of History & English (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAMay 5, 2015
Loved working here. Wish I could have gotten a full-time gig. My dean was excellent and the staff friendly.

Most recommended!
Pros
Great place to work, good staff and college.
Cons
Little chance for advancement
A Place That Fosters Learning: Provides Assistance To All types of Learners
Industrial Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 22, 2015
Northeast Iowa Community College is an accredited institution and and great place for learning. NICC welcomes all kinds of students and offers many programs to reach its students. Some of the programs I have observed are the re-engagement program, adult literacy program, and credit student program. As a community college its a great place for workforce development and in general the broader goal of NICC is to move students along to the next destination in their life while generating better opportunities for its student body.
Pros
Test preparation for High School Equivalency students is free, Only cost is the test and optional test prep materials, Tutors are stationed on demand to assist students.
Cons
Difficult to advance in career, low funding, job training is pretty minimal
great colleagues
educator (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAOctober 5, 2014
great colleagues and working conditions; flexible work. Great management.
great co-workers, clientele, and atmosphere
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAFebruary 21, 2014
I have temped for this company several times. I love the job and the people and worked hard for them. I was complimented many times for my job performance. The only thing I didn't like about the job was that a lot of days there were no customers and no work to do so we just stood around. I prefer to stay busy.
Excelent loved it
Computer Sciences Department Work Study (Former Employee) –  Calmar, IAJuly 3, 2012
One of the best Community colleges I've seen. the Computer program is top notch and some of the most approachable faculty have had.
Teamwork orientated company. Excellent productivity
Intern and work study (Former Employee) –  Calmar, IADecember 6, 2011
Co-workers are helpful, knowledgeable, and team orientated. I was lucky enough to complete my accounting internship in the accounting department, and when that was complete I continued to work in the office as a work study. I assisted in accounts payable, student accounts, bank reconciliations, and the "Great American Treasure Hunt."

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Iowa Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6