Northeast Methodist Hospital

Northeast Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Director IT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work with a great culture and team. I enjoy my work and love the balance of autonomy and oversight. Methodist is a great organization.
Pros
Balance
Good organization to work for
Registered Nurse - Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Northeast Methodist is an overall great place to work. Management is always available to answer any questions. Only negative experience I had is that the floor is never fully staffed with PCA support.
Semi fun workplace
Video Monitor Technician/ Patient Care Assistance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Management here was a bit sketchy. It was a very fun working environment when you were not being bombarded with the RN's duties. Seems like the task they did not want to fulfill on their shift they gave to the PCA/CNA.
great job
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TX 78233November 22, 2016
Job assignment changed daily. Had 11- 16 patients on a daily basis. Job is a 12 hour shift. 7pm until 7am. Great coworkers and bosses. Enjoyed working here.
Productive, fun work place and Good education /Skills
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2016
Good and very productive the time they put in education us is very helpful. I have learned a lot of skills and very knowledgeable on what I have learned.
Busy, fun place to work.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 3, 2016
Days are busy which makes your shifts fly by. Co-workers and other hospital employees are helpful and fun. The benefits HCA offers are some if the best I have ever had. It is a great place to work!
Job not Career
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to learn about the medical field staff is amazingly helpful hospital looks big on the outside but small in the inside can be tiring at times but its a job
Great staff
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 6, 2015
It can be a little hectic and you see a lot of patients but the night staff is great at teamwork and helping each other out, which makes patient care easier.I absolutely love the staff.
Fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 3, 2015
I am able to provide you with an inside view of my unique qualifications, knowledge, and overall diverse skills. In having the ability to successfully balance both my education and employment, I have found it necessary to continue growing professionally by entering my newly selected field of career interest.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
N/A
Fun work environment with opportunity to learn
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The environment is very fast paced and unpredictable. You must be quick on your feet to accommodate the three pathologists, the operating room, the radiologist and the duties of the department. This job required hard work and flexibility.
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Cons
Not a lot of patient contact.

Want to know more about Northeast Methodist Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive, fun and safe place to work with.
Medical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Working teamwork with colleagues makes the job faster and easier. The laboratory is busy all the time and it makes my time at work go fast and never get bored.
N/a
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2015
The benefits are good and you can work as many hours as you want. The pay is not very good but its a good place to work. It can be a challenge to work at Methodist because it's always busy.
medical technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2014
I work in a very busy hospital... And I've learned teamwork and cooperation with patient and most of all with a right attitude is very important in accomplishing every task even how hard or great is it...
Always make priority first... Always understand your co-workers I always help the person when he or she needs help... the hardest part of my job is that when ther is nothing to do cause I always love to work... the most enjoyable part of the job is that when each one work together to make the work done right at the right time.
Fun place to work
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXOctober 7, 2014
This was the best contract I have ever worked. No matter how stressful the day, we had a good shift. The staff was friendly, most of the doctors were personable, and there was consistency.
Pros
good staff
Cons
n/a
Bedside Nursing
RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXOctober 4, 2014
I love being a registered nurse. I stand proudly wearing my nursing uniform. I love delivering care to the ill, and seeing the difference I make in their life and families' life. I care for 5-6 patients on a medical/surgical unit three days out of the week. I work the 7pm-7am shift. I have definitely learned how to multi-task, while being safe. Time management was a challenge the first year, however I think I have it mastered. I work with awesome nurses. They are proactive and team players. My manager is God sent gift from heaven. She is very personable, and she really cares about the staff members. She is always looking for feedback on what she can do to make our jobs easier. She comes in early for both shifts to make sure we huddle before going out on the floor. My manager is truly a mom away from home; I love her dearly. The hardest part of my job is when a patient dies, and you know deep in your heart that the medical staff exhausted all means in trying to keep the patient alive. The second part of that is explaining to the family that their love one didn't make it. I know dying and death is a part of life, but it never gets easy for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is clocking out, going home, coming back the next night, and doing it all over again.

Felicia Shipp BSN
Pros
I work for an excellent manager
Cons
Nursing still has somewhat of a shortage
day at methodist
RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Working in a busy telemetry unit. May take care of 4-6 patients
on a daily basis.
Fast paced, professional, and clinical environment
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PHAMACY (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Northeast methodist is a fast paced , energetic environment, in which pharmacist's play an active role in patient care.
Great place to share clinical skills, ideas, and increase pharmacy value, and presence.
Pros
HIGH AMOUNT OF PATIENT CARE
Great Hospital
Radiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TexasAugust 22, 2013
Co-Workers were very easy to work with. Performed lots of mobile X-ray in operating room. Management was excellent.
Pros
Employee discount in cafeteria
Cons
PRN
Safe and friendly work environment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2012
Providing help to any and all that needed and learning that the customer safety comes first.
productive, advancement opportunities
Director of Emergency Department - Full-Time (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2012
Large corporation, advancement opportunities. Multiple facilities throughout the city to seek employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2