Northeast Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Team player, fast learner
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 5, 2017
Very fast paced, hard worker, team player, enjoy working as team, chemotherapy infusion ans blood and platelet transfuion,enjoed job and workinf with both patients and staff
Pros
Infisio nurse, case management experienc
Point of Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 1, 2017
I like the fact that it is a small facility and feels like a family. You get to know staff from the entire hospital. I enjoy the benefits that come with my position.
fair
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
typical day high stressed, new things seen ans learned while i was a cna to help with nursing school, some management was great and others had NO compassion, hardest part of job was lack of staff to help. The most enjoyable, meeting and working with all different types of people
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXSeptember 21, 2017
This place has a great residency program and preceptor program for new nurses or nurses looking to change their specialty. Even for experienced nurses they give a good amount of floor training to learn their systems and policies and way of doing things.
Pros
Great training
great physicians
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXSeptember 7, 2017
We have great nurses and physicians but our working environment and management need a lot of work. Our patients receive great care and are well pleased
Pros
physicians
Cons
management
NEMH review
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
It has been quite sometime (almost a decade) since I've worked at this hospital, so I will just review with my experience at the time. I was a CNA and although we didn't always have the staff, I felt like it was a good team to work with. The facility was very nice and management seemed to be in-touch with what was actually happening on the units.
great staff
PCA/Unit clerk (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXAugust 22, 2017
bad management but that is pretty much anywhere in health care.
they don't hire LVN otherwise i would have stayed. most staff i have worked with here are great with teamwork
Typical day
Pharmacy Technician II Compounding (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJuly 28, 2017
A typical day here is having the most fun while saving lives. Working together to get the patient the best service and have their medication ready when needed.
NE Methodist Pharmacy
Compounding Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 4, 2017
The culture was terrible. Overworked and the employees had no interest in training anyone new. Management is only looking out for itself. No benefits and working 40 hours a week yet it isn't a full time job because it was "as needed" classification.
Underpaid but appreciated
Registrar/receptionist (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJune 19, 2017
The hospital is a wonderful place to work. The leadership is focused on customer satisfaction above all else, even at the detriment of the employees. Management is constantly striving and implementing changes to increase customer satisfaction. However, this can often times cause more work and aggravation for the employees.

The leadership/management shows that they appreciate the work the employees do and the amount if effort that we give. However, the monetary compensation does not match the work load expected.
Pros
postive work environment
Cons
low monetary compensation
Its Ok.
Emergency Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJune 12, 2017
The Emergency dept is an alright place to work as a Tech. You mainly recept patients at triage, and assist them through the process to get to the back and see the doctor. From recepting, to starting IVs and doing EKGs, transporting them to their rooms and then upstairs if admitted it is all ok. The downside however is that the managers tend to play favorites, kind of like "teachers pet", if youre in good with them you may just get to come in an hour and a half late or leave two hours early, even if we are understaffed. Some of the other Techs are just plain lazy, they've been here so long or because they are licensed paramedics ( who cant do paramedic stuff in the ER) that they think because they have seniority that they dont need to do the grunt work like starting IVs (95% of total daily work load), or help change/clean patients. Most all of the nurses are helpful and respectful however, as are the auxiliary staff (radiology, lab, pharmacy)
Pros
Great Caff discounts for employess
Cons
Understaffed, Favoritism from management
Great place to worknding
Director, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
Typical day started with senior leader huddle followed by Nurse leader rounding. Service recovery for any patient complaints. Discussion of throughput is held with the staff looking at barriers to discharge for the day. several hours are for special projects, resolving incident reports, ensuring adequate staffing, attending meetings.
Pros
small, friendly culture
Cons
constantly changing leadership
Underneath supervisor was a nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasMay 8, 2017
Good teamwork a very nice very nice staff to work with great work environment had all the equipment you need it had a wonderful assistant CNO staff was always willing to help out and share knowledge when needed
Pros
Nonr
Cons
A nice place to work
Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TX 78233March 27, 2017
Cared for patients aged 18-100, diagnoses ranged from PNA, stroke, heart attacks, CHF, post cardiac stent placement. Small enough where you get to know members of all departments involved with patient care.
Pros
Excellent Team work
Cons
Short staffed
Great collaboration.
PIC Line Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is interaction with the families. It's fulfilling to be able to exchange unfamiliar information as part of our daily bread. The toughest part is the realization that some families may not be understanding or appreciative of your care, and that is ok.
Great Culture
Director IT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work with a great culture and team. I enjoy my work and love the balance of autonomy and oversight. Methodist is a great organization.
Pros
Balance
Good organization to work for
Registered Nurse - Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Northeast Methodist is an overall great place to work. Management is always available to answer any questions. Only negative experience I had is that the floor is never fully staffed with PCA support.
Semi fun workplace
Video Monitor Technician/ Patient Care Assistance (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Management here was a bit sketchy. It was a very fun working environment when you were not being bombarded with the RN's duties. Seems like the task they did not want to fulfill on their shift they gave to the PCA/CNA.
great job
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TX 78233November 22, 2016
Job assignment changed daily. Had 11- 16 patients on a daily basis. Job is a 12 hour shift. 7pm until 7am. Great coworkers and bosses. Enjoyed working here.
Productive, fun work place and Good education /Skills
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2016
Good and very productive the time they put in education us is very helpful. I have learned a lot of skills and very knowledgeable on what I have learned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeast Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location