Northeast Methodist Hospital

Northeast Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Job not Career
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to learn about the medical field staff is amazingly helpful hospital looks big on the outside but small in the inside can be tiring at times but its a job
Fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 3, 2015
I am able to provide you with an inside view of my unique qualifications, knowledge, and overall diverse skills. In having the ability to successfully balance both my education and employment, I have found it necessary to continue growing professionally by entering my newly selected field of career interest.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
N/A
Fun work environment with opportunity to learn
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The environment is very fast paced and unpredictable. You must be quick on your feet to accommodate the three pathologists, the operating room, the radiologist and the duties of the department. This job required hard work and flexibility.
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Cons
Not a lot of patient contact.
Productive, fun and safe place to work with.
Medical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Working teamwork with colleagues makes the job faster and easier. The laboratory is busy all the time and it makes my time at work go fast and never get bored.
N/a
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2015
The benefits are good and you can work as many hours as you want. The pay is not very good but its a good place to work. It can be a challenge to work at Methodist because it's always busy.
medical technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2014
I work in a very busy hospital... And I've learned teamwork and cooperation with patient and most of all with a right attitude is very important in accomplishing every task even how hard or great is it...
Always make priority first... Always understand your co-workers I always help the person when he or she needs help... the hardest part of my job is that when ther is nothing to do cause I always love to work... the most enjoyable part of the job is that when each one work together to make the work done right at the right time.
Fun place to work
Traveling RN (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXOctober 7, 2014
This was the best contract I have ever worked. No matter how stressful the day, we had a good shift. The staff was friendly, most of the doctors were personable, and there was consistency.
Pros
good staff
Cons
n/a
Bedside Nursing
RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXOctober 4, 2014
I love being a registered nurse. I stand proudly wearing my nursing uniform. I love delivering care to the ill, and seeing the difference I make in their life and families' life. I care for 5-6 patients on a medical/surgical unit three days out of the week. I work the 7pm-7am shift. I have definitely learned how to multi-task, while being safe. Time management was a challenge the first year, however I think I have it mastered. I work with awesome nurses. They are proactive and team players. My manager is God sent gift from heaven. She is very personable, and she really cares about the staff members. She is always looking for feedback on what she can do to make our jobs easier. She comes in early for both shifts to make sure we huddle before going out on the floor. My manager is truly a mom away from home; I love her dearly. The hardest part of my job is when a patient dies, and you know deep in your heart that the medical staff exhausted all means in trying to keep the patient alive. The second part of that is explaining to the family that their love one didn't make it. I know dying and death is a part of life, but it never gets easy for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is clocking out, going home, coming back the next night, and doing it all over again.

Felicia Shipp BSN
Pros
i work for an excellent manager
Cons
nursing still has somewhat of a shortage
day at methodist
RN (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Working in a busy telemetry unit. May take care of 4-6 patients
on a daily basis.
Fast paced, professional, and clinical environment
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PHAMACY (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Northeast methodist is a fast paced , energetic environment, in which pharmacist's play an active role in patient care.
Great place to share clinical skills, ideas, and increase pharmacy value, and presence.
Pros
high amount of patient care
Great Hospital
Radiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TexasAugust 22, 2013
Co-Workers were very easy to work with. Performed lots of mobile X-ray in operating room. Management was excellent.
Pros
employee discount in cafeteria
Cons
prn
Safe and friendly work environment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2012
Providing help to any and all that needed and learning that the customer safety comes first.
productive, advancement opportunities
Director of Emergency Department - Full-Time (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2012
Large corporation, advancement opportunities. Multiple facilities throughout the city to seek employment.