Northeast Parent & Child Society Employee Reviews

Good for recent college graduates
Residential Clinician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 1, 2017
Good for recent college graduates. Face paced, counseling and case management. A lot of traveling offsite to family court. Salaried, but potential to do longer than 8 hour days.
A positive environment
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  New York StateAugust 22, 2017
Working for Northeast Parent and Child Society has been a great learning experience for me, the supervisors are patient and kind, as I was learnng the ropes. Sometimes the clients can be tough, but the staff are great.
Very Stressful/Poor Pay
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 9, 2017
The nature of the work at NPCS is very stressful and it is very low paying for the amount of work and stress. There is little opportunity for advancement unless you have a Master's Degree and are licensed. NPCS requires licensure, but when their employees become licensed, they offer no increase in pay. NPCS is very client centered, which is okay, but not at the cost of their employees mental health and well-being, which is what happens. The culture can be clique-y.

All in all, NPCS has fabulous employees they are losing because of seriously low compensation for an enormous amount of responsibility and mental wear and tear.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low Pay, Very high stress
stressful
Administrative Assistant/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  530 Franklin StJuly 31, 2017
Managers and directors made it a stressful work place with unrealistic expectations. The hardest part of the job was trying to please management and perform expected duties
Pros
pleasant coworkers
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Great team of helpful motivated people
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 14, 2016
I love the people I work with. Everyone is willing to help where they can. I have learned that foster care is very difficult and that you often feel helpless when you cannot give your clients what they want. It is wonderful to see children get excited to see you, or to see families making progress toward coming back together.
Pros
Feeling accomplished when you help someone
Cons
Long work hours takes away from my own family
Great flexibility and opportunity for growth
Senior Clinician - OMH Outpatient Clinic (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 14, 2015
Great flexibility and opportunity for growth. Work life balance is good although lots of changes in organization make for some instability.
Enjoyable place to work. Flexible work schedule and great staff.
Senior Clinician (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 20, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. Flexible work schedule and great staff. Administration implements lots of changes so job security can be tricky.
Hard and rewarding work
Construction Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 18, 2015
in the time I was there, working with all those different people was great. It was rewarding to clean up all the bike paths and forests affected by Hurricane Irene. The management was great, They got their hands dirty when they needed to or when we needed the extra help.
challenging and rewarding
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Working with families and children was challenging and rewarding. Great job for new social workers to work on the field.
helping others
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 25, 2013
To be a part of the change you see and participate in others. this is the best reward ever. almost better than a pay check.

Want to know more about Northeast Parent & Child Society?

Ask a question
It's a great experience
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 12, 2013
This job has been a great opportunity in growth. You learn efficient ways to cope with children with different types of diorders. You make an impact on the children you work with, along with co-workers. A typical day at work can be a very trying experience but you know the children depend on you to help them learn knew coping skills. You learn alot of things about yourself and also the changes you can make within yourself.
Pros
opportunity for growth, insurance and dental plans etc 401k
Cons
no room for advancement or pay raise do to cost of living going up.
Agency in need of improvement
Management (Current Employee) –  SchenectadySeptember 16, 2012
Npcs has grown too fast and is having difficulties supporting growth. Management is lacking and often is unequal in expectations. More of a popularity contest than objectively measuring what staff do. Advancement is difficult. Pay is mediocre for the overwhelming demands placed on staff.
Pros
flexible working environment
Great place to work. The stafff and the Managers made it a joy to go to work each day.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 17, 2012
Northeast was a great place to work. I particularly enjoyed it because I worked with great people, the boss was a great person and since I worked with Foster Care - I saw a lot of children grow and blossom. It was very rewarding to be able to be part of that team.
Pros
people i worked with, the children we helped, the management, the care that all the people put into helping the children
Cons
seeing abused children was the hardest part for me.
Very compatible
Dish/Table Washer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 2, 2012
Very easy job and very beneficial. There's never too much work for you to do but there's always something for you to do.
Great place to both learn and work. Committed and compassionate people are the norm.
YouthBuild Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, New YorkFebruary 28, 2012
I worked for Northeast as a Construction Manager for two and one half years, and in that time I learned more than in the previous ten years. Through the work experience, training opportunities, and fellow employees, the enviornment supports the highest standards, because that's the service we expected to provide. Team work and mutual support are supported by an excellent benefit program. I would encourage anyone interested in working there to take the opportunity.
Pros
working in a supportive, rewarding enviornment, where learning is encouraged, and benefits back you up.
Cons
working with people, isolated from opportunities, challenging, requires a belief system, with the goals to be achieved.