Northeast Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Excellent organization
Vice President - Prrofessional Development (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
Worked at Northeast Treatment Centers for 28 years. Retired from there but would still like to keep working; enjoy professional contacts and again, enjoy mentoring and supervising students.
Pros
REcognition for job well done.
Cons
Overall
Unit Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
The company is a great company overall, it's just my department is horrible, and keeps changing leadership. The say one thing but mean other thing. I would prefer to transfer than to leave the company.
Shatarah Carter
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
Provides support therapeutically with children/adolescents with serious behavioral health issues in order to sustain placements in a natural environment, such as school or within the home. Ability to also advert the need for referrals for a more restrictive setting is needed. Provide one to one interventions specific to the service plans using behavioral contingencies and verbal redirection, crisis management techniques and strategies
A terrible management
Lead Clinician. (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PAJune 19, 2017
Worked in a STS program where we were hired to hold the children and deal with the displine because the administrators were afraid . They told the teachers to call NET and would not help them.

Management did not train us nor give us advice. Kept reprimanding us when things were not going well.

They were not interested in us helping the famiies or the students just keep the kids in place and most of these kids were emotional ill and not getting the appropriate help they needed.
Pros
Cons
lack of communication and manager who sucked.
High staff turn-over rate, volatile work environment if not experienced, poor benefits, low-pay.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2017
Low pay for amount of work you do. High turn-over rate of staff. Poor management. Workplace environment for TSS involves either going to client's school, home or daycare building to conduct services. The most enjoyable part of the job included the clients. Not enough work hours. Unable to move up in company.
Pros
Clients, healthcare experience.
Cons
Management, low-pay, not enough work hours, unable to move up in the company.
Decent Place
Risk Management Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2017
I worked in a non-client facing role. So I worked a lot with management but, by and large, they were committed to their work. Tough to get changes through but that's everywhere. My direct supervisor was wonderful.
Stressful Busy Work Environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2017
This job is very busy and stressful as there is a lot of responsibility placed upon the case manager regarding the children on their case load. As a case manager you are assigned to be on a team which consist of 5 case managers, 1 outcome speacialist, 1 case aide. Case managers carry caseloads of about 13-15 cases. Outcome Specialist are supposed to assist case managers but they don't therefore the work outlined for an outcome specialist is carried out by the case manager as well. You work with other departments that procrastinate with getting things done which eventually falls back on the case manager if something is not complete or finished. This job is very stressful and consumes a lot of your time and energy. Think before you accept this position
Fun workplace
TSS worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
Go to school with client and implement BSC goals. I've learned how to deal with children who have ASD. Enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference in the childs life
Good Site for and MFT Intern
Mental Health Professional Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2017
I was able to learn the ins and outs of conducting mobile family therapy as a first-year masters intern. I was able to learn about working within a managed care setting and also the complexity of working with families with multiple stress factors across settings.
good company
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2017
They are every flexable with hours. The paid time off is all very good. the have a wellness program. is a very good company for entry leave jobs
Great Place to Learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2017
I have worked at NET as an intern to fulfill practicum requirements for graduation from a graduate program. The people have been extremely helpful in my training and the experience has been invaluable. I had two wonderful supervisors who have introduced me to this industry and allowed me to grow and progress as a new therapist.
No work life balance
IOP Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2017
This is not a bad job if it were to be set up differently. There are 3 different tracks and you could possibly be working all 3 tracks in one day which would mean you would be working 12 hours that day. However, sometimes you may work the AM and EVE track which means you may have 6 hours in between. You can leave and do as you like but usually there is loads of paperwork for one to do. The turnover rate is high as the job can burn one out quickly and there is a lot of shadiness going on with management. We don't get holidays off, they usually only try to give floating holidays or offer double pay. Not much room for growth it its pretty much a linear switch unless you become a supervisor. You are assigned a million clients and hardly get to meet anyone from your individual caseload, yet you may have 10 discharges due from clients you never met. Forming relationships with clients is rewarding but the management sucks.
Pros
Okay health benefits, helping the clients
Cons
you still have PPW due when on vacation, inconsistent schedule
Treatment Centers very much needed.
Admin assist/ Data Specialist /Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 28, 2017
During my employment I have gained a great deal of education about a culture that I knew nothing about when I started, the population we dealt with. I have grown by dealing with a population that needs help, a disease I knew little about. The people I worked with are amazing and made it a pleasure to work there. The most challenging was the understanding of the disease and the most rewarding were the success stories.
There was never a dull moment or a boring day, always something new and a lesson to be learned.
Pros
Life education
Cons
The disease
Fkexible workplace, but need improvement in professionalism
CUA Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 27, 2016
Was an enjoyable place to work, but do not see me growing professionally at this Agency. Staff is unprofessional and is not open to feedback to direct Supervisor. Roles are not clearly defined which causes daily chaos and confusion in work place.
Pros
Flexible Work Place
Productive,fun, work place
Youth Mentor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
I love my job as youth mentor but my job does not have full time position so, its causing me to look for work somewhere else. I help children that have been in foster care find outside resources.I also plan event around the resources that i have found for my mentee .
Reasonable hours
Substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2016
This is a good place to work if your in school because they are open 24hr and always have a schedule that will fit your needs. The work is fairly easy and the pay is reasonable.
Not a good place for work/life balance
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2015
NET would be a good place to work with the right supervisors in place. I would with addicts with heroin addiction. The counselors were unable to implement behavior modifications skills to help correct the problem. Supervisors were in agreement with the negative behaviors, which made it difficult for counselors to do their job. However, I enjoyed working with my past co-workers, which we kept one another encouraged. For the clients we were able to help change, that was rewarding.
Pros
Rewards in experiencing the growth of the clients
Cons
Poor supervision
Behavoral Health Worker
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
• Provides one-to-one mental health interventions to children in order to promote age-appropriate psychosocial growth and to prevent placement in a higher level of care.
• Collaborate with teachers and other school personnel to help them develop the skills and techniques needed to integrate the child academic and social activities.
No room for growth
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2015
NET is a decent company to work for in some ways at least compared to others like it. However its NetSteps program for methadone treatment is a dead end for counselors and clients alike. Clients are stuck in IOP groups for years with 9 hours a week of "therapy" with little incentive or ability to move into OP with fewer group hours (less group hours, less revenue).Pay raises are rare to never. If you want more money you can do Saturday or Sunday makeup groups for fee-for-service. It would be tolerable if not for the clinical director. He is knowledgeable and he will let you know that. You move up in the organization as you endear yourself to him. As a result he surrounds himself with lap dogs/yes men (and few women in leadership apart from the director's wife). You will have some great co-workers but don't expect to develop clinical skills or ever have individual supervision. If you really need a job or a place to start then start here but you won't want to stay. Most who do are bachelor's level clinicians without PA certification so they are stuck.
Pros
10 holidays, generous sick days
Cons
management, no raises, little promotion from within
Really enjoyed the Diversity and Co-worker at Kirkwood.
Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2015
Busy and Exciting workplace
Learned about the Disease of Addiction
Wonderful, Helpful, and Considerate
Consumers not completing treatment.
Seeing the difference a smile and words of encouragement make.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8