Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Adjunct Math Instructor and ABE Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 3, 2017
Positive work environment... pleasant atmosphere... daily interaction with students... gratifying to see students succeed... collaboration with colleagues
Pros
Good pay and benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Hard to get from part-time to full-time employment
Student Success
Staff (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 9, 2017
NWTC is a leader.
American Association of Community College Awards of Excellence Finalist in 2014 – NWTC is one of four national finalists in the student success category.

NWTC ranks among the TOP 100 U.S. colleges* for:

Number of two-year certificates awarded

Number of Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields associate degrees awarded

Ranked as one of America’s 15 fastest-growing large colleges in 2014 by Community College Week and U.S. Dept. of Education.

Dr. H. Jeffrey Rafn, NWTC president, was named 2015 Pacestter of the Year by the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations, District 3 (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and the Canadian province of Ontario).
Pros
On-site health care
Cons
Management can be rigid
Productive and well managed company
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 12, 2017
I absolutely love working at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and would stay if I wasn't moving.... I love the management and my manager. The entire company's goal is to make life easier for their students.
Excellent workplace
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303May 28, 2017
A relaxed but professional atmosphere. Meeting people from many different departments. This is an excellent job for someone starting out. The supervisors are very employee oriented and paid training.
Very nice organization to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIMay 22, 2017
Lots of focus on student retention and success. Positive working environment. Lots of diversity with students and staff. Good health benefits, gym, work-out classes, on site clinic.
Pros
Lots of social activities
Cons
budget cut backs
Good
Assistant Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 20, 2017
Overall good job with flexible hours. The management is good. Many opportunities for advancement. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to balance work and school.
exciting work environment
Economics and Marketing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2017
I learnt a lot about customer service and time management, all staffs are very much committed to delivering excellent customer service, and all these reasons and many others make the workplace very outstanding.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
healthcare
Adjunct faculty position
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 28, 2017
I taught for a few semesters in Contemporary American Society and Ethics. This was a very part time job I had to enhance my income with my own business. It was rewarding to work with the students.
Pros
Students were great to work with
Cons
Not a team environment
Very supportive staff
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I really enjoyed the time I spent at this employer. Structured and supportive management teams. Plenty of opportunities to learn new and up-and-coming technologies.
Nwtc
Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 16, 2017
I was very overworked and under paid. They just give you more and more work until you have a nervous breakdown. I had my whole staff removed and was told I needed to then do all the jobs of everyone who war let go.
Safe and welcoming enviornment
Student Ambassador, Student Involvement Office (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 8, 2017
Helping students by answering their questions
Inventory for the office supplies
Making Ids, selling tickets, and coming up with office game ideas for students.
Nwtc
Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Green Bay WIFebruary 6, 2017
Great school, awesome teachers, resources are readily available. Helped students more readily understand the material and lead them into the right direction with their studies.
Good place to work. Pleasant atmosphere.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 3, 2017
As with any teaching position the days can be long. The college has many resources available to both instructors and students. High priority is placed on developing the best instructors possible. The colllege is driven on student success.
Pros
Open campus atmosphere. Instructor autonomy. Good resources and support
Cons
High requirements for professional development makes balancing work life difficult
Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2016
Typical day at work is to meet new students and tutor them in specific group of studies to improve their grade. I have learned to listen to their ideas and give them advice about how to attack the problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day.
Excellent Learning Experience in a challenging role
Part time Employee (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 10, 2016
Excellent Learning Experience in a challenging role. Problem solving and critical thinking, with new situations daily. Needed to work in a team and as a leader.
Educating Dental Hygiene Students
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2016
I work at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College with the hygiene students. My career is very fulfilling and I enjoy helping the students succeed for their future. I gain enjoyment is seeing them succeed to their fullest potential.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Public Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2016
The Public Safety team at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a great group to work with. They encourage you to grow professionally by exposing you to the "Best of the Best" in Public Safety. The college's leadership is able to balance political realities with the needs of their students ensuring world class training training.
Pros
Working in Academia
nice income
Economics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 29, 2016
this position offered a great deal of independent work. the unfortunate thing i was adjunct which means you are working when class rooms fill up
Good People
Part-time Welding Instructor Adjunk (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 24, 2016
Happy to work there. They have nice equipment and good structure to get the students to were they need to be in the welding field.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Not full time
Work place
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a great crew. I enjoyed working with the students and help those in need. I learned a lot working there.