Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Public Safety Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2016
The Public Safety team at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a great group to work with. They encourage you to grow professionally by exposing you to the "Best of the Best" in Public Safety. The college's leadership is able to balance political realities with the needs of their students ensuring world class training training.
Pros
Working in Academia
Good People
Part-time Welding Instructor Adjunk (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 24, 2016
Happy to work there. They have nice equipment and good structure to get the students to were they need to be in the welding field.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Not full time
nice income
Economics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 29, 2016
this position offered a great deal of independent work. the unfortunate thing i was adjunct which means you are working when class rooms fill up
Productive well structured work environment
Grant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 27, 2015
Good working areas, great technology, hard working staff. Hours are great, some staff need more training. Upper management tries hard to help staff but at times this is missed.
Work place
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a great crew. I enjoyed working with the students and help those in need. I learned a lot working there.
Productive and interesting when you have things to do.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2015
I start going through my e-mail and then request for a small project to work on, ranging from recycling boxes from unboxing computers to removing computers from a database. I learned how to use database software to image computers, how to create an inventory for storage units, and how to add and remove computers from databases. The management was friendly and professional towards me and others, and my co-workers were great to work with and were willing to correct me when I didn't perform a task correctly. The hardest part of the job was creating the inventory due to how time-consuming it was. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Great culture with interesting people
Instructor - General Studies, Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 26, 2015
Typical day includes preparing lesson plans, teaching math classes, and working in the electronics lab. I answer student questions as they work on independent study lab assignments in digital, analog, and electrical theory and application assignments. I enjoy hands on hardware electronics.
Tutor for other students
tutor (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIOctober 29, 2015
Good for making a little bit extra money while at school. Pays over minimum wage is good but only work a limited amount per week for study hours.
student
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 21, 2015
I was a student and learned a great amount from the wonderful instructors that were very willing to help whenever needed.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
fast paced program, after the school shortened semesters
Excellent college campus to earn a college degree, or certificate!
Gerontology Student (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 28, 2015
The Northeast Wisconsin Technical College campus in Marinette, WI is a very people-friendly campus with great staff and administration that are always ready to assist you in meeting your goals.
Pros
smaller regional campus, looking to expand the campus in the near future, more academic offerings in the near future.
Cons
none that i can think of.

Want to know more about Northeast Wisconsin Technical College?

Ask a question
Variety of work available as nursing instructor.
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 28, 2015
I work part-time at NWTC. Therefore, I tend to take positions that are in need of filling. For example, I have led nursing clinical rotations, and also spent many hours in the Nursing Skills Lab performing skills checkoffs with nursing students. I love the building I work in. The environment is very comfortable with friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being part-time/adjunct and never knowing whether you will have hours to work from semester to semester. Also, you take whatever hours you can get; days/pms. Flexibility is a very important part of working as an adjunct instructor.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
never knowing what you will be working from semester to semester.
Teaching
Sociology & Psychology Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 20, 2014
Develped and delivered course material on the subjects of Sociology and Psychology.

Grading.

Management was friendly and helpful.

Hardest part was engaging the students each semester, every class was very different.

Engaging the students at their level and increasing their education.
Pros
teaching
Cons
not paid for prep time
Work
Work study (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 1, 2012
I enjoy how I am able to go into work each day not knowing what I will be doing. There are days where I come in and theres a few errands to run and days where I have to help prepare for a seminar. I enjoy everyone here and they are all nice to me. The hardest thing about this is probably that I have to do everything and with that it means making mistakes and I don't enjoy having mistakes in my work. Other than that I love it here
G'times
Student Senate President (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 26, 2013
I was only a Temp. I enjoyed what I saw. the people were wonderful.
n
ortheast wisconsin technical college is a place to learn in an environment where learning is made easier. classrooms are made comfortable by teachers who care, specifically about you. a place where you are proud to go because you know that the teachers and staffs goal is that you be successful, and they tell you exactly that.
Co-Workers were the best I could have worked with.
Test Examiner (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 17, 2013
The co-workers I worked with were more like family then co-workers. I miss them all now. I like the no late hours and the flexible scheduling so I could make it to my kids Christmas concerts and go on field trips with them, something I know they won't forget.
Pros
seeing the students smile when they passed
Cons
no breaks, short lunch periods
Adjunct teaching can be rewarding.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIDecember 9, 2013
Adjunct teaching can be very rewarding. Meeting a variety of students helping them achieve their goals.
Pros
being able to teach is rewarding.
Cons
schedule is very unpredictable.
Supportive environment
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 5, 2013
Only work when I have time, so it makes keeping up to date on all the changes, but there is always someone who is willing to help. Its great to see the student succeed.

4.3