Northeastern Illinois University Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed managing the college access program.
College Access Coordinator/ Program Manger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2016
Northeastern Illinois University is funded by the State of Illinois and for a year the State has been operating without a budget and as a result Northeastern Illinois University has struggled to operate without a budget.
Trio program is an educational place to work. you grow as you learn new skils.staff are excellent at there jobs
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
A typical day for me is to assist Trio Students in signing in to meet with there counselors and supply any information they may need in regards to other resources, keep log of inventory, make sure bulletin board of trio is updated with dates of workshops and other trio on going information. cover for front office when other staff are in all day meetings, answer calls. scan student files, sign out laptops for student use. other office work that is assigned to me by Director.

my co -workers are professional at all times and very caring and attentive to the needs of the students. They go beyond there job description to make sure the students are successful as college students at Northeastern.

Most best part of my job is the encouragement you receive and the new skills you learn on the job. Very positive environment to work in with much respect and love as a family.
Pros
flexible hours according to my school load
University
Current Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
Has almost Every Sport to play. When it comes to work, they are really flexible and adjusting. I work remotely, the only thing that really matters in the end is the "Completion of assigned work on time". I really enjoy working at Northeastern Illinois University.
Opinions Editor
Newspaper Opinions Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Regularly edited and managed opinions section stories and articles while writing and copy editing for other sections as well.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay
a fine place to work
Supervisor/Math Lab (Former Employee) –  Cjicago, IlDecember 29, 2015
overall a fine environment to work in, doing important work for students. Good advancement potential in an environment focused on service to students.
Busy busy little printing company
Print Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
Quarter Digital Printing had a few locations - one of them being in Northeastern University in Chicago.

Our company was responsible for printing, designing, customizing university fliers, banners, booklets, business cards, professors course packs for the year, and pretty much anything you can think of that can be printed.

On a typical day, we would all be at a computer sifting through emails, where majority of the business came from.

-We used photoshop and illustrator to customize and re size images to the clients liking. We also did a lot of finishing work such as large format cutting, padding, and binding (coil and comb) of course books.

Really loved the people I worked with. Great manager. Also very helpful with any questions.

Downside- sometimes the orders would be backed up - due to finals-. Trying to catch up was a challenge but not impossible.
Pros
Great work environment, opportunity to learn a lot about the printing company. decent pay.
Cons
Dealing with angry customers when we cant meet their deadline
Productive, customer service skills
Student Computing Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring the computer labs for any issues, making computers and printers are working, helping people use the computers and informing them how to print. Management and co-workers were great.
Pros
flexible hours
Great environment to work in.
Account Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Northeastern Illinois University poses a great work environment with the Faculty, Staff and Students. Everyone is well connected as far the employees.
Fun workplace with awesome fellow colleagues
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Fun work place with awesome dean and colleagues. It really helped to grow my confidence level and interpersonal skills. Giving speeches for undergraduate students boosted my energy and made me realize that I have a great people skills
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
It gets hectic & busy during the exam weeks
Mostly good, few complaints
Assistant, Student Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
It was nice knowing we were helping fellow students, and the pay was fair considering the circumstances. Overall I have no complaints.
Outstanding
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
They are a small knit community of workers. Everyone knows everyone. They have difficulty retaining students which is their bread and butter. This place is not for everyone.
Pros
community
Cons
Some employees are too clingy.
Academic setting allowing employees to nurture and encourage university students
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
Northeastern Illinois University is a wonderful academic environment where learning is highly valued. I have the opportunity to nurture and encourage university students on a daily basis. I am a community builder and enjoy this component of my job building community among the students and faculty members.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Unstable state budget
janitorial
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2015
state of ill job ,great work atmosphere security and job duties, low pay rate forced me to seek a trade. very secure job being a civil servant
Very friendly place to work
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
I enjoy working at NEIU. I like working in Human Resources because there is a lot to learn. I meet a lot of people and enjoy being of service to them when they are in need.
Pros
job security
Cons
advancement
Productive and fun workplace environment
Human Resource Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of filing papers, organizing and alphabetizing applications to file away. Co workers were friendly and extremely helpful.
excellent workplace
resident lecturer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
i taught four classes per day and conducted office hours for students who may have needed extra help.i learned patience.my supervisor was an excellent person,as well as my co-workers.the hardest part of my job was failing a student.the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the recgnition in a students eyes.
Pros
new semester twice a year.
Cons
Good people to work with
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Learning support centerMay 10, 2015
NEIU is a great place to work with. Nice work environment and nice people. Had a wonderful time with the staff and the co-workers
NEIU experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Working through NEIU I would say that my overall experience was outstanding. The staff were highly devoted to their jobs and were also friendly. They knew what was required of them and they knew how to implement plans to ensure high levels of success. This job encouraged all the employees to participate and come up with various ways to solve situations. A typical day consisted of admiration by students, teachers, faculties, and other individuals. They acknowledge the work that was being done and attempted to assist in anyway possible. The hardest part of the job was thinking about how to help students that were struggling outside of school with their personal lives. Other than that the job was enjoyable and the constant meetings were highly beneficial.
Pros
College Campus visits for students that were free of charge
Cons
Student's struggles
Fun work place, great kids.
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Great position for undergrad students seeking a degree in education. If you are passionate about working with kids, this place is great for you.
Northeastern Illinois University
Financial Aid Adviser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Working for Northeastern Illinois University had its advantages and disadvantages. Nonetheless, there were more disadvantages than advantages. But, some of the people made the job worth while.
Pros
Meeting New people
Cons
Work environment

4.3