Northeastern Illinois University

Northeastern Illinois University Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Learning support centerMay 10, 2015
NEIU is a great place to work with. Nice work environment and nice people. Had a wonderful time with the staff and the co-workers
NEIU experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: College Campus visits for students that were free of charge
Cons: Student's struggles
Working through NEIU I would say that my overall experience was outstanding. The staff were highly devoted to their jobs and were also friendly. They knew what was required of them and they knew how to implement plans to ensure high levels of success. This job encouraged all the employees to participate and come up with various ways to solve situations. A typical day consisted of admiration by students, teachers, faculties, and other individuals. They acknowledge the work that was being done and attempted to assist in anyway possible. The hardest part of the job was thinking about how to help students that were struggling outside of school with their personal lives. Other than that the job was enjoyable and the constant meetings were highly beneficial.
Fun work place, great kids.
Student Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Great position for undergrad students seeking a degree in education. If you are passionate about working with kids, this place is great for you.
Northeastern Illinois University
Financial Aid Adviser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Meeting New people
Cons: Work environment
Working for Northeastern Illinois University had its advantages and disadvantages. Nonetheless, there were more disadvantages than advantages. But, some of the people made the job worth while.
this was a work study position, glad to have been able to gain knowledge about computers while studying
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
while working on my own papers, i was able to help student's and gain knowledge about computers my coworkers were my fellow classmates so we helped each other with class projects, there were no hard parts however i loved being able to spend time surfing the net while i worked
Outdated with good benefits
Office Support Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
NEIU is a good place to start but there are no advancement opportunities. You do get 2 classes tuition free each semester if you want to advance education wise. You also get to use the tuition benefits at any state university. Other than that the benefits are good but the pay is not so much.
welcoming campus atmosphere, firm and dedicated professors, and friendly and diverse students
Teaching Assistant in "Business Statistics" (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: covered most of my graduate tuition, improved my communication skills, trained me to complete multitask under pressure.
A typical day at work: Besides taking my own graduate courses, I spent 4 hour/day in tutor office waiting undergraduate students who feel difficult with their "Business Statistics" study.

What I learned: I learned to communicate with students with different culture background and communicate with professors with different curriculum requirement. I learned to be patient and explain complex concepts using easy to understand terms.

Management: The professor who supervise us tutors are nice and firm. He obtained feedback from professors and students frequently and communicated with us timely. However, once he found that the feedback was unfair to us, he totally support us.

My co-workers: I learned a lot from my co-workers. I was impressed with their dedication during their work. Most of them become my good friends.

The hardest part of the job: There were too many students in the waiting list. I wanted the student understand the material thoroughly; in the meantime, I had to consider the time limit.

The most enjoyable part of the job: I was very satisfied when the students in front of me truly understood the concept and were able to solve problems by themselves.
Great scheduling of hours for Student Aide job
Clerk Typist IV (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Great office experience and resume builder.

The professors in the department were very pleasant and also helpful when I needed help with an assignment even though it was not for their class.
Great people, no room for advancement
Student Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: often free food, good work schedule, great, lasting friends
Cons: often long hours, little to no training to get you started, management talent severely lacking
varied job, did tech work, hooked up mics, speakers, computers, projectors, set out chairs tables, podiums and a while bunch of little, in between stuff, even set out sandwich boards advertising our events. Loved middle management, supervisors and the like, one ATD and TD were not very worker-friendly, lots of opportunity/instances for favoritism
WOW
Facilities Management-Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2014
The best internship in my life. Great organization to study in and work for
A typical College Professorship
Assistant Professor of History (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good working conditions. i had my own office.
College professorship is a great career.

The other members (the ones I worked with are all retired) were generous with their skills and knowledge.

Working with students is its own challenge but that's part of the fun.

I miss it.
very good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
I led students in class for several subjects. The fun part was solving complex problems with students and having them come up with their answers.
My day at work
Ground Maintenance & Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee), Chicago, IllJuly 10, 2014
Pros: attaining new knowledge
Cons: sometimes not having the right equipment to work with
I would get my assignment, then perform my between breaks & lunch. I've learned to work as a team player & with different machines & equipment. If I needed a hand with anything my co-worker where always availble to help me out. Entering the womens restroom to clean it. Meeting new people from different ethnicities
Fun place to volunteer
Leadership Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: volunteer alumni
Volunteer: after graduate I contunie to volunteer when ask I volunteer with other Alumni. I enjoy it because I assisted with a diversity of need it kids and parents with donation for winter coats, hats and gloves
Productive and fun
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Great place to work. Enjoyable employees always willing to help out lot's going on in campus.
Im supervisor is awesome
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2014
Typical workday includes helping students with typical computer issues on a daily bases.
Poorly managed Institution
Faculty (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2014
Poorly managed institution with outdated classrooms and low teaching standards.
Very Good
Interim Transfer Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: only a temporary position
A typical day was data input, meeting with students and researching resources for the program. I learned to work on excell, and constant contact. Co-workers were team players and very helpful. The hardest part of the job, was learning constant contact. The most enjoyable was working with the students
ENgaging and uplifting. Very hands on and interactive
Community Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Definitely had an incredible time working with this company. Every student I have worked with, definitely mad a positive impact on my life. I hope that I have done the same for them.
College Experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
This was my first college job and help me to get comfortable with new people.

1 2 3