Northeastern Illinois University Employee Reviews

professional working experience.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2017
very professional place with great staff. strictly professional and hardworking staff. great Administration.
The Administrative staff was very organized and were helpful both for the employees as well as the students. I have learned a lot working in this environment.
Pros
good working environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I learned a lot about my field and laid the groundwork for my future career. The support staff is excellent and more than willing to help you further your education and training.
Relax
Biology Prep Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2016
Relax environment and good people. great way to get insight to see scientists at work. hardest part of the job is to make sure the labs are ready to go.
Building Service Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
Working at Northeastern was a great experience. The work was fulfilling and co-workers were supportive. With the exception of no advancement, and rare schedule changing, the job was one a person could retire at.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Working the night shift, no room for advancement
Dedicated Faculty
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2016
As stated in my last review. The Learning Support Center and Center for Academic Writing are awesome. They do what they can to help each and every student.
Amazing place with amazing people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
My experience working there as an office assistant was wonderful. Every single person I met during my working period were so kind and respectful. I couldn't work there longer because it was just a summer position.
Environment that fosters learning
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILSeptember 26, 2016
I am now in the midst of my former instructors, which just goes to show that anything is possible. I work part-time and help out my co-workers when I can.
Great place to work and grow
TRIO Upward Bound Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2016
In the work that I did, every day could be different, with different challenges, expectations and deadlines. The environment was very collaborative, and allowed each person to bring her or his unique skills to respond to a need or solve a problem.
A fun and supportive learning environment for Youth and Teachers
Literacy Teacher Aid and Exploratory Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
This position and overall academy is fun and supportive for both the students and teachers. I have been able to gain and improve my teaching and mentorship skills along side the students and teachers.
Enjoyed managing the college access program.
College Access Coordinator/ Program Manger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2016
Northeastern Illinois University is funded by the State of Illinois and for a year the State has been operating without a budget and as a result Northeastern Illinois University has struggled to operate without a budget.
Trio program is an educational place to work. you grow as you learn new skils.staff are excellent at there jobs
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
A typical day for me is to assist Trio Students in signing in to meet with there counselors and supply any information they may need in regards to other resources, keep log of inventory, make sure bulletin board of trio is updated with dates of workshops and other trio on going information. cover for front office when other staff are in all day meetings, answer calls. scan student files, sign out laptops for student use. other office work that is assigned to me by Director.

my co -workers are professional at all times and very caring and attentive to the needs of the students. They go beyond there job description to make sure the students are successful as college students at Northeastern.

Most best part of my job is the encouragement you receive and the new skills you learn on the job. Very positive environment to work in with much respect and love as a family.
Pros
flexible hours according to my school load
University
Current Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
Has almost Every Sport to play. When it comes to work, they are really flexible and adjusting. I work remotely, the only thing that really matters in the end is the "Completion of assigned work on time". I really enjoy working at Northeastern Illinois University.
Opinions Editor
Newspaper Opinions Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Regularly edited and managed opinions section stories and articles while writing and copy editing for other sections as well.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay
a fine place to work
Supervisor/Math Lab (Former Employee) –  Cjicago, IlDecember 29, 2015
overall a fine environment to work in, doing important work for students. Good advancement potential in an environment focused on service to students.
Busy busy little printing company
Print Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
Quarter Digital Printing had a few locations - one of them being in Northeastern University in Chicago.

Our company was responsible for printing, designing, customizing university fliers, banners, booklets, business cards, professors course packs for the year, and pretty much anything you can think of that can be printed.

On a typical day, we would all be at a computer sifting through emails, where majority of the business came from.

-We used photoshop and illustrator to customize and re size images to the clients liking. We also did a lot of finishing work such as large format cutting, padding, and binding (coil and comb) of course books.

Really loved the people I worked with. Great manager. Also very helpful with any questions.

Downside- sometimes the orders would be backed up - due to finals-. Trying to catch up was a challenge but not impossible.
Pros
Great work environment, opportunity to learn a lot about the printing company. decent pay.
Cons
Dealing with angry customers when we cant meet their deadline
Productive, customer service skills
Student Computing Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring the computer labs for any issues, making computers and printers are working, helping people use the computers and informing them how to print. Management and co-workers were great.
Pros
flexible hours
Great environment to work in.
Account Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Northeastern Illinois University poses a great work environment with the Faculty, Staff and Students. Everyone is well connected as far the employees.
Fun workplace with awesome fellow colleagues
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2015
Fun work place with awesome dean and colleagues. It really helped to grow my confidence level and interpersonal skills. Giving speeches for undergraduate students boosted my energy and made me realize that I have a great people skills
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
It gets hectic & busy during the exam weeks
Mostly good, few complaints
Assistant, Student Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
It was nice knowing we were helping fellow students, and the pay was fair considering the circumstances. Overall I have no complaints.
Outstanding
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2015
They are a small knit community of workers. Everyone knows everyone. They have difficulty retaining students which is their bread and butter. This place is not for everyone.
Pros
community
Cons
Some employees are too clingy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeastern Illinois University. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeastern Illinois University Reviews by Location