Northeastern Junior College Employee Reviews

College desk attendant
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 28, 2016
I really like being a desk attendant. Meeting and greeting different people. I was also able to get a lot of homework done during that time.
Productive place!
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COSeptember 28, 2016
Well I was a RA for a junior college dorm hall, I had 32 students on my floor. A typical day is just interacting with the students on my floor and if they needed anything I either helped and if it was something I couldn't help them with I would find another RA that could or even my hall director. Every night a RA had to work the desk, only students from our dorm had access to getting inside and if one of the students had a guest with them we had to check and take there IDs. I did that from 6 to 12 about four nights a week. I learned about being more sociable and being dependable.
Pros
Room and board paid for
Cons
Balancing school and work
Productive, fast paced job
Custodian I (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJanuary 13, 2015
Very good fast paced job cleaning dorm restrooms and interacting with college students. Perfect team player environment and easy once you get a routine and schedule down.
Very easygoing atmosphere
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CONovember 11, 2014
Sat at the front desk and did my homework. This job was a work study to help pay for school. They worked with my school and baseball schedule.
Great place to start
Math & Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COOctober 9, 2014
The Comprehensive Learning Center was a great place to work. The manager really works to fit tutoring hours around everyone's schedule. The workload is light, the pay is relatively good compared to what other colleges pay tutors. The students are generally hard-working, down-to-earth country kids willing to do what it takes to master the material.

Maybe my favorite job ever.

Thanks NJC!
Pros
laid back, friendly, supportive, pay
Great work life balance
Writing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 29, 2013
Great place to work. Compensation is the only drawback to working at NJC.
Great place to work!
General Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMarch 28, 2013
NJC is Colorado's Premier Junior College, and it sure does live up to it's name! Great school to start at, teachers are amazing, and very affordable!
Pros
great nursing programs
Cons
n/a
Poor management and poor beliefs
Assistant Renewable Energy Director (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COMarch 16, 2012
Without tenure instructors and teachers are left to survival of whoever kisses the most ___. Seems as though they prefer teachers who give grades away rather than putting an emphasis on teaching and learning. Grades and degrees are being bought and given. If your company donates to the college then your potential employee(s) or current employees are guaranteed a passing grade.

Poor curriculum. Curriculum is written almost nightly and taught the next day.

Business teachers have never run a business. All they have is book knowledge and no real world business sense.

Instructors and relatives are hired instead of the best man for the job.

No administration support for instructors even when students threaten instructors.
Pros
excellent gym facilities
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeastern Junior College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2