NORTHEASTERN NEVADA REGIONAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

2017 best place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 19, 2017
Extreme change in culture over the last few years. All director positions now filled and ultimate goal of making communities healthier top priority for everyone. Wonderful place to work if you want to make a difference and feel respected for the work you do.
best place to work
CT/Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 12, 2017
nice place to work , staff are so friendly , i missed my patients and they give me a good salary at that time of my 8 weeks of contract assignments. nice accommodations and other bonuses
Job security, company picnics/parties. Cafeteria.
Patient Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 22, 2016
I've worked for NNRH a couple of times, patient care is the main focus and always will be. This is huge in a healthcare setting. Team building excersises, truly one big family.
Pros
Parties, holiday celebrations, benefits.
Cons
High prices.
The only place I've ever worked where the employees all become like family.
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was frustrating and very fast paced due to the understaffed departments.I pulled 12-14 hour days, all the time on my feet running to patient rooms or handling patient complaints and billing questions, I learned many skills from NNRH, customer service and team work are the top two. My coworkers were amazing, I wouldn't have been able to make it through some days without all their help and support. The hardest part of the job is working one on one with sick/hurt people and not being able to do more to help them. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers and my patients.
Pros
The benefits are amazing. Unionized so you have a great shot at advancement.
Cons
Most departments are understaffed
Do NOT take the job.
RN House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJuly 10, 2015
If you like to live in a place with big-city prices/crime and small-town inconvenience/corruption, Elko NV might be your kind of place. In two years, the directors of 80% of the departments were turned over at least once--this under the managment of someone who rarely attended staff meetings, was frequently late for personal reasons and who rarely listened to any of the ideas offered by subordinate leaders. The computer system is atrocious, and only a few RNs knew how to do a discharge. In fact, a different computer system is used in each of the following: the ED, the OR, Med-Surg-Peds. The worst physicians stay, and the best RNs leave.
Pros
free lunches on certain holidays
Cons
They don't understand HIPPA, so don't ever get treatment here or allow a relative to get treatment here. Buy flight insurance, so you can fly to Salt Lake in case you need a real hospital.
Not diversity , not caring and not for traveler
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  LABJuly 10, 2015
Directors had not compassion for the staff. Its all about revenue. Its a hostile work in environment and unfair treatment if youre a minority.Its a busy facility and if youre a novice at work you getting all the work load and nobody care. 5 Fulltime employee quit for month of june and july.
Pros
New and clean facility
Cons
Not diversity, Minority is not welcome in the facility, Administration are new and directors are unfair
Very difficult company to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  elko, NVApril 23, 2015
Culture of not caring about customer service of internal staff or customers. Expects more than humanly possible for Staff to accomplish. Non-compassionate to hardships experienced by staff. Management in some departments do not understand the jobs and positions of those who they supervise. Refuse to recognize the added stress they put on employees. I seen most employees reduced to tears from management styles and policies. Very unrealistic. Expect drones not people to work. Emotions and freedom speech and expression are NOT allowed. There is a huge disconnect between Frontline staff, management, and administration. I feel liberated to no longer work there.
Pros
prescription benefits are excellant
Cons
Staff treatment poor, high expectation of workload.
ok company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Elko, NV.April 21, 2015
This hospital is very expensive and not willing to work with the public as much. They seem to have one thing in mind and that is getting paid. They have very overpriced care and are known for not receiving the best of care. This hospital is very busy and very understaffed because most employees leave after a short time of working here.
Pros
May have talks of improving facility.
Cons
To many to list
Okay place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 26, 2014
okay could have been more structured. working up on the floor with patients was easier for me
Well known and valued Hospital in the Western United States
Certified Nurse's Assistant/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 18, 2014
I enjoyed working with a strong up beat team. I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Difficult culture and work environment
Director of Informatics, Education, MU Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVOctober 22, 2013
Many wonderful people in this facility, but a difficult culture for many.
Great people to work with
Emergency Room Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMarch 28, 2012
Fun but stressful enviorment ! Great medical staff, they train you new things.
Pros
job advancement