Northeastern State University

Northeastern State University Employer Reviews

college times
Student Housing Manager (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJuly 9, 2014
This was a great way to support myself while I was in school. It helped to teach me how to balance adult life, school, and family.
loved working here!
STUDENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJune 13, 2014
Pros: discount on tuition while an employee, native american student population
Cons: pay raises
great student environment
you can feel the energy and life as soon as you enter campus
excellent student activities offered throughout the year
great community outreach
Tutor Computer Science students as needed
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee), Northeastern State University Broken Arrow CampusMay 13, 2014
Pros: professors are nice and work load is comfortable
Cons: so topics are more difficult than others, frequent slow days
This job is great. I tutor students of all levels (freshman thru seniors) an help them pass their assignments and further explain concepts they had problems understanding. (Note: This job is to help others not do their homework.)
Great place to teach
Adjunct Instructor - Business & Technology Dept (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMarch 16, 2014
I am an adjunct for adult studies. Great staff to work with. Facilities are new and stimulating for learning
Productive and fun environment
Full time Student (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, benefits, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: long hours, physically hard work
A typical day would be going out to do "cold calls" to create new clients. I learned company's are very accepting to a positive, energized personality. The associates were very team oriented and work well together to create the best guest experience.
I enjoyed all aspects of this position, the associates; the clients; the working environment, it was – more... all very positive. – less
Beautiful place to work
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKDecember 9, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere of NSU. They were as dedicated to their staff and faculty as they were to their students. It was a wonderful experience,.
Great work environment
Departmental Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKNovember 14, 2013
I love the diversity and benefits Northeastern State offers. Great work environment with flexible and variation work days.
college
resident assistant (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKOctober 17, 2013
Pros: friends i gain
Cons: nothing
Control the halls to allow people to have fun an learn at same time .good experience.
School in Tulsa, OK
Student (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 9, 2013
Fine college, though a little remote. Did receive a four year degree that works.
Educational
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: benefit packages and great people
Cons: not a lot of advancement opportunities
Support to Budget Director and various staff. Having thick skin was a must in this job as you have to deal with various personnel. I learned as a Budget Assistant how to keep folks within their budgetary guidelines. I enjoyed working on such a beautiful campus and getting to know the aspects of an educational establishment.
Great Place to Work!!!!!!
Professor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKAugust 20, 2013
Pros: professional environment
Cons: it was an hr drive
Professional caring staff, supplies always available, support persons were great and supportive.
It's fun and exciting.I love the people who work with me and have a good relationship with most of my coworkers.
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Broken Arrow OklahomaJuly 26, 2013
My job requires me to be flexible regarding my daily schedule due to the demands of the facility.In dealing with personal issues i have to be a good listener and a good communicator.This sometimes is a challenge with no easy solutions but usually we can come to some agreement.Trying to resolve personal issue is the most difficult aspect of my job.I – more... enjoy troubleshooting equipment failure and fixing the problem.I take pride in a facility well maintained and ran efficiently. – less
Family friendly smaller campus
Secretary II Student Health Services (Current Employee), Tahlequah OKJune 17, 2013
Pros: great people in leadership
Cons: located in small town
Great people to work with! Day starts at 8am ends at 5pm with a one hour lunch. Management is personable and caring. Co-workers are considerate. The day is filled with many different tasks. I enjoy working with the students of NSU and providing a strong physical, mental and spiritual outline for a "healthy campus".
Health benefits were great!
Cashier II (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKApril 15, 2013
Pros: great healthcare benefits.
Cons: hours were 8am to 5pm, but was required to take lunch at 10am with no breaks allowed not even for the restroom.
I enjoyed working with all the students.No advancement opportunities and poor management. Tug of war between two departments created a stressful work environment.
Great Place
System Services Technician (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKApril 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay
I have worked here for 4 years while getting my bachelors. This has been a great job while going to school.
Productive and Positive Work Environment
College Instructor (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: time management very conducive to productive teaching.
Cons: long commute from lake home.
I would prepare lesson plans and assignments for students. I would prepare testing, evaluation, and posting of grades. I would evaluate students' achievements on the equipment when applicable. I learned that a college environment is very conducive to productive teaching. The best thing was the time management was reasonable.
The worst thing was the – more... commute time from my home on the lake. – less
Positive and supportive atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKDecember 30, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not many full time opportunities
NSU is a friendly place. The department in which I worked had a very supportive administration.
Peaceful, easy going atmosphere
Mentor/Consultant (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKDecember 7, 2012
Pros: time to do homework, easy going, relaxed, learned great skills
Cons: an hour and a half away from home.
A typical day at the NSU Communication Lab involved coming in and sitting down to clock in. We answered the phones, logged appointments, met with students and provided the students with critiques on presentations. The people were easy going and great to work with and they were very flexible on swapping hours if someone needed a day off to cover a situation – more... outside of work. I learned more about the communications field through this job and earned some much needed office experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student clicked with the critique I provided. The hardest part was the stubborn students who tried to bully us into giving them the critique sheet without meeting with them or having the necessary materials. – less
This was my first job in accounts payable
Account Clerk III (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKNovember 18, 2012
Pros: had great benefits, and retirement.
Cons: some days i worked 10 to 12 hours, and commuted home.
This was a busy palce to work at.
I learned how to work in accounts payables.
Management was great,
My co-workers were awesome and we had a lot of good times
The hardest part of this job was some of the spreedsheet formulas that was needed to do this job, but I learned them as well.
Most enjoyable part was going to work and all the co-workers had a – more... smile, regardless how they knew their day was going to be. – less
Great University to work and continue education
Student Assistant Golf Coach (Former Employee), Tahlequah, OKSeptember 12, 2012
Located in a small town, but enjoyed the small atmosphere. Family like qualities in the administrators.