Northeastern State University Employee Reviews

productive and relaxed
Defensive Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKNovember 28, 2017
Was a fun environment to work it and a good balance between working and being able to go home t night and see your family. Our boss understood that you can go home and still be able to get work done, don't have to be in the office all day.
Decent Starter Job
Student Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKNovember 17, 2017
Good easy job for student. They are pretty lenient towards students if time is needed for homework or study for exams. Communication is key. Pay is not the best but friendly work area.
I was a Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Talequah, OklahomaOctober 30, 2017
I worked as a Graduate Assistant. I taught 4 beginning physical education classes, supervised the intramural program and was a assistant softball coach.
Pros
I love the physical education
Cons
No benefits and paid time off
It is a good place to work if you know your stuff and possess people skills.
Assistant Professor of Art (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 12, 2017
The spectrum of the student body is broad
Most students are very talented and creative
Most people on campus are kind and considerate
The school is too lenient to difficult and lazy students - it seemed that any problematic behavior of the student is acceptable. However there are dedicated faculty members who really care about students' well being.
Encountered a negative and overly defensive faculty member
Freedom of creating curriculum for your courses
Pros
Freedom and independent work atmosphere
Cons
Several difficult students have unreasonable expectations of their grades and have entitled mindsets
Slow paced and part time pay
Secretary for the VP of Business and Finance (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKSeptember 12, 2017
Working as the secretary for the Vice President of Business and Finance consist of taking phone calls, scanning documents, delivery mail, and checking budget sheets.
This job is convenient because as a student NSU is willing to work with my schedule.
However, this is only a part time job which makes it difficult to advance.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
minimum wage and no paid holidays
Encouraging
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 25, 2017
Very relaxed and encouraging atmosphere. The employees are very friendly and eager to help should a problem arise. The supervisor was excellent to work under.
Pros
Friendly atosphere
Cons
I was on a research project that had a timeline.
Fun place to work with great coworkers
Transfer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2017
I really enjoyed working for NSU. I would still be working there if I didn't move out of state. I had the best bosses and coworkers that I have ever had anywhere. I highly recommend NSU.
Loved what I did and the overall environment of the establishment.
Adjunct Instructor - Mkt. Research & Economics (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Ok and Tahlequah OKAugust 22, 2017
Excellent University, great place to work, great people, excellent instructors. Wonderful learning experience. Loved teaching and learning. Would definitely recommend.
Great People and great environment
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 19, 2017
Love working with the people. The town is calm and peaceful and the breaks are awesome.
Pros: Great People, great vacation and benifits
fun job!
B&T LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 15, 2017
overall a good atmosphere, upper management was a bit out of touch and had high expectations for the store. I had to switch jobs due to school schedules.
Pros
game and movie rental for free
Cons
work over school
Flexible work hours
Adjunct Tutor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 9, 2017
My work is online and gives me the flexibility that I need. Management has been very helpful and accommodating. I enjoy helping students . That is most thrill about the job
Pros
The Management are very responsive to my questions or help.
terrible place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  OKJune 5, 2017
The night hours are terrible if you have a family and the pay is definitely not worth the work. If you are a custodian you will constantly get complaints from people in offices that can't pick up after themselves,the boss is rude and threatening,they will give you vacation time but good luck trying to use it they will just threaten your job if you do. The equipment is outdated and rarely works,and the buildings have no ac in the summer or heat in the winter. All in all I would not recommend anyone to be a custodian you are looked down on by everyone on campus and highly unappreciated for the hard work you do.
Pros
nothing
Cons
just about everything
Great colleagues
Professor (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 2, 2017
Northeastern State University is full of fantastic professors who care about their students and colleagues. For the day to day, it is a great place to work. However declining state budget appropriations are placing a severe administrative and budgetary burden on the University.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
High turnover in administration
ight
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 24, 2017
Worked here as a student worker.
Meet alot of coaches & hot players.
gives you time you do your school work.
you only have a set of hours so theres no increase or decrease of hrs.
Pros
Dudes
Cons
girls
Excellent Learning Experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 20, 2017
Working several jobs on the NSU campus has been a wonderful learning experience. I've learned how to time manage projects, how to handle social situations, and how to be direct with students.
Great research environment
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 15, 2017
The student researcher/ teaching assistant position I had was perfect for gaining experience in a research lab. The professors are patient and knowledgeable. They also provide you with great responsibilities and opportunities to grow .
Adequate
Emeritus Professor of Geography (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Tenure is not difficult to obtain if one is reasonably conscientious. Pressure to publish is not great, but professional involvement is required. There is no payscale and the disparity in salary is large; favoritism is clearly present. Superfluous reports and the like abound.
Pros
No great pressure for professional excellence.
Cons
Guidelines for success are very vague.
People at NSU are like family to me
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Could not ask for a better place to work. People are like family. The time off for holidays is great you get most of the same time off as the kids do for school. Work environment is comfortable and everyone works with you as a team.
Pros
Time off for paid holidays
Cons
I cant think of any
Graduate assistant teacher
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Psychology Dept (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKDecember 20, 2016
I really enjoyed all aspects of teaching the basic introductory psychology course. This job gave teaching experience and the chance to work with a diverse group of students.
Interactive
Parking Office (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 19, 2016
Typical day at work involves communication with workers and patrons. I learned a lot about communication and also coordinating work shifts for my fellow workers and also working closely with campus police