Northeastern University Employee Reviews

Great community
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
The community at Northeastern is unbelievable. It is a very friendly and nurturing environment. You're able to connect with students and faculty of all levels and feel welcomed and happy.
Pros
Great community
Not so amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
I was hooked by the generous offer of free tuition and took a serious pay cut because of this. Unfortunately, the workload was so demanding, there was no time or energy to carve out for the free education I was looking forward to! Ultimately, the environment is a surprisingly cut throat and competitive.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Overextended employees, high turnover
Productive and competitive work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 18, 2017
Expectations are set quite high, but they are not so demanding that it takes away from the workplace culture. Job advancement is minimal unless you receive the terminal degree, as the positions are well-defined and stationary.
Gaining Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
This was just a basic laboratory position which gave me an opportunity to get my first hands-on time in a lab outside the classroom. My professor was very helpful.
fun
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
it a fun place to work, it also one of the most diverse place i ever worked, people i worked with are fun, cool and reliable. there is also alot of benefit
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2017
Professors are diligent and fast to respond. Leading student labs and office hours are easy as long as you have taken this work before! Great work experience overall.
Exchange Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
It has very nice atmosphere for cooperation and you can increase your skills and it is a one of the best area that you can learn american culture.also you can find many friends
Best experience.
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
My first job after graduating from NU. Best part of this job is meeting students, parents, faculty from around the world. I was really shy and this job gave me the confidence boost I needed. Job was fun and interesting., I learned a lot about the workings of a university from maintaining a students academic record to commencement.
Pros
Co-workers and management.
Cons
long commute into Boston every day
ok
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2017
Its a good university. Liked working here. work culture is great. Not much stress. Professors are knowledgeable and willing to teach. would recommend for masters
It depends on the department definitely
Gift and Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2017
My department was not a good fit for me, I worked in a toxic workplace. I did learn many things in my 10 months in Advancement Information Systems and was glad to have an opportunity to work for my alma mater.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
toxic workplace, unrealistic expectations and no union for employees in my field.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2017
I have been working there for 15 years it's an excellent work please I am enjoy being an employee it's been an experience of a lifetime they treat their employees with kindness or respect
If you have a good advisor its awesome
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2017
I was a graduate student at NEU. As long as you have a good advisor who has money you will have a good experience. You don't actually have to deal with the university much as a student, mostly with the staff of the department you are in.
Learnt about Networks and troubleshooting issues of Mac and Dell machines
Network and IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2017
• Reimaged and mapped Windows and MAC machines, laptops, and iPads of new employees
• Troubleshooting various problems and conferring with other employees on issues of Windows and Mac . OS X machines. Data recovery and Backups
• Troubleshooting networking issues, registering a computer or device for internet access on NUwave and NUnet devices
• Diagnosing hardware and software problems
• Providing customer service
Working as RA is fun and informative
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2017
The work environment is extremely friendly. All the RA's are from different departments and backgrounds, so it's fun to get to know each other and learn new things. Professor is more like a friend to us. He is very helpful and calm.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and many opportunities to get more education.
Animator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2017
The number one thing about working here is that there is a fair amount of flexibility since I work for a research group within the university, there is lots of variety in terms of the types of problems you can find solutions for. The icing on the cake is that, again, because the group is apart of the university I can take classes at the university for free (up to 9 credit hours I believe) so there are lots of opportunities to learn new things.
Amazing Staff
Athletics Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2017
The staff and coaches are amazing. The Athletic Director is a great role model who stands for the right morals. I would recommend this Athletics program for anyone.
Great Place to work.
Lecturer (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
University focuses on new upcoming technology that can help students gain advantage in job market. Students are quiet competitive and helps in raising the standards.
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Research Assistant, Advisor Prof. Ambika Bajpayee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
Northeastern University was a great place to do research. The new facilities opened up on campus are a fantastic opportunity to conduct groundbreaking research.
It was a great experience while working at NEU.
Seattle - Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2017
It's very simple and straightforward. Know your responsibilities and work around it. You get paid with respect to the amount of time you dedicated to it.
The work culture is very much balanced and it's fun to work with different people.
Pros
Everyone are polite and friendly with each other
Cons
The university need to be expanded in terms of space. Since, Its growing.
Very large company
editor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
Overall, the 9 years working for Northeastern University were very positive. People were passionate about their jobs throughout the vast academic campus. They took pride in their work, and employees were compensated handsomely, with salary, paid time off, sick leave, etc.
Pros
Great culture