Northeastern University

Northeastern University United States Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Learning data anaysis from the basics
Cons: Short Breaks
My first job and so a very good experience for me.
My typical day at work would be to meet my professor, discuss a strategy to follow to accomplish a goal for the week, He provides me with reading material and then I do the allocated task in that time period and ask him if I have any queries.

The hardest part was to make my working style like more of research oriented. Learning as well as implementing. Took me some time but I could do it.

Most enjoyable part is the meetings with my professor. It is not only related to the work we are supposed to di that particular week but some or the other new topic of discussion that is much much more interesting like some new study recently, etc
Wonderful experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), BostonApril 10, 2015
I Tutored students a class of 50 students for the Bioprocess Fundamentals course, graded homework assignments, and prepared solution sets to the homework questions. It was a fun experience where i got to interact with other students.
A job where you can work on your own time.
Web Design Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great work flexibility, great employer.
Cons: No co-workers.
Typically, I am given a task to do by my employer and I would come back to ask for more tasks once I finished the current task. All of these tasks involve the use of a computer. Every task differs from other as I would sometimes be asked to design a website for it to display a pay-pal button or I could be asked to design an online survey for her students. The hardest part of the job was that I had no co-workers and I am basically solving many problems by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I can work on my own time.
Fun Workplace, low pay
Various Positions (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly Employees
Cons: Poor pay
The pay is low, but the fellow employees are great and fun. A typical day would be get in there and start sorting the mail, log in packages when they arrive and help the student workers organize the mail further and send them out on deliveries then help with the shipping store and help people get packages. The hardest part of the job is tracking down mail that people misaddressed, the most enjoyable part would be hanging with the employees when it's not busy.
good place to work
Computer Systems Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
I worked at NU and started working here in order to obtain an advanced degree. I completed my task and am ready to move on into the real world.
Note-taker
Disability Resource Center (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
Being a note-taker allows the students to gain responsibility, develop time management skills, and focus on detail. Tasks included contacting students, preparing organized notes, and scanning/uploading them.
Great team atmosphere
Head Equipment Manager - Athletics (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: being on a team
Cons: administration didn't give you a chance and retention was low.
A typical day started with laundry, fixing and sharpening student-athlete skates and equipment. Normally an hour or two a week was dedicated to staff meetings or development. My normal work day consisted of me being there from 8:30am until 7:00pm. Game days were a lot longer.
Ph.D. Student Researcher (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work. Management is good. The course design needs improvement. A typical day includes, teaching, lab work, paper reading, and data analysis.
Great place to be at. Have had a great experience so far.
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Very friendly faculty and staff. Always very helpful. Its been a great experience here so far. People here are always so courteous.
Productive, Fun, Learning new things
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 11, 2015
It's great, I have the freedom of working my way.

It's been a good learning experience, getting in touch with the new and prospective students.
Small, friendly group. Plenty of room to shine
2D & 3D Artist (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2015
I took on the role of lead artist. I oversaw all aspect of art asset creating from concepts to final product as well as integration within the game.
Phd Candidate
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2015
I love studying at Northeastern University. The state of art equipment provided in labs enable student to get in touch with the newest technologies and help them have a better understanding of what is happening out there.
Great Working as a Masters Assistant
Web Development (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
Learning New things in life.Its great working as a TA.Learning New things in life.Its great working as a TA.Learning New things in life.Its great working as a TA.
Challenging
student ambassador (Former Employee), Seattle , WAFebruary 2, 2015
I am Responsible for co-coordinating and organizing various events for the on campus students.
I have been assigned a project to organize workshops and career fairs for spring semester 2015.
Fun environment with various interactions with all types of students
Advisor, Student-Athlete Support Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Everything at NU was fantastic besides my supervisor's accountability (Athletic Department). In my time at NU I was not paid on time over half a dozen different occasions with ultimately led me to have limited trust in them and the department. Other than that, everything was fantastic. My case is simply one out of a thousand so do not let that deter coming to Boston and this outstanding university.
Fun office to work for!
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2015
I worked for the CPS Admissions office for a brief time and the people were great. A very fast paced environment with a lot of student interaction.
Productive and Fun workplace
Information Desk Attendant (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2015
Enhances communication and management skills.
The job involves responsibility of answering the queries of people by phone or personal, maintain lost and found, keep track of events happening on-campus, contact the police department in case of emergencies happening on-campus
Growth Opportunities
Director, Talent Management & Orgztnl Dvlpmnt (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Working in the Office of University Advancement has been a wonderful experience. The division has a dedicated talent management program and has fostered a culture that supports continual professional development and growth for its staff.
Interesting class to be a teaching assistant for
Teaching Assistant: ARCH1450 Understanding Design (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
I typically graded assignments handed in online by students. I learned more about design concepts and examples of design solutions. Worked together with other TAs and created rubrics and grading policies. The hardest part of the job was having to give less than satisfactory grades and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give outstanding grades to the students who really demonstrated hard work and an interest in the subject.
Great place to interface with other intellectual professionals
Writing Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 27, 2014
Pros: professionalism
Northeastern is a great place to work with capable students and enterprising students. The climate is always one of high standards and respect.

1 2 3 4 5