Northeastern University Employee Reviews

Helpful People and Diverse Opportunities
Properties Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2016
I chose Northeastern University to earn my Bachelor's Degree in Theatre because I really liked the way that the Theatre program was structured here. Northeastern is known for it's Co-op program, which allows students to spend a semester working in their field of study in lieu of classes, which helps students get professional experience while still being enrolled as full-time students. In addition to this, I liked that Northeastern's Theatre department allowed student to earn a General Theatre degree, as opposed to being forced into focusing on either performance or production. I liked this because there are many aspects of theatre work that I am personally interested in perusing; design, construction, production, performance, and stage management. I liked that Northeastern, not only let me, but encouraged me to gain experience in all of my interests.
Pros
Opportunity Diversity, Informative and Supportive staff, Wonderful Environment
Cons
I was still a student while in the positions I had here, so balancing show work with homework, work, social life, and school work was sometimes overwhelming.
Extremely Productive
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2016
Excellent to evolve along science and research, good location in the heart of Boston and intellectual colleagues and supervisors
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
NA
what I learned
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Center for Microwave Magnetic Materials & ICAugust 23, 2016
1. become a better organized with daily job activities.
2. communicate with others effectively.
3. Process magnetic materials, including: mechanically milling of
ferrite powders, formation of green bodies, heat treatment
studies of compacts.
4. Fabricate and test toroids as high frequency permeability and
permittivity inductor cores, mechanically alloyed permanent
magnets, magnetostrictive materials, low power loss MnZn-ferrites
and low magnetic/dielectric loss Z-type ferrite.
Great Place low benefits
Work Study- Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2016
if it wasnt for the great management that i wouldnt have been there as long as i was. my boss was great he always worked around my school schedule and kept us on task.
Great University, Terrible Department Structure
Student Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2016
Started as a temp with room to move forward, but decided against it because of a terrible experience I had with the department I worked in,
Balance place to work
Telemarketer/Shipper/Receiver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2016
I had the great pleasure to work as a Office Assistant,Intern at Northeastern university, for two months. I had the opportunity to work at the Department of Physical Therapy.

My responsibility was to help with administrative tasks including making photo copies of student's files; Developed and maintained positive working relationships with other; Supported staff to reach common goals.
Pros
Good relationship with staff members
Cons
Wish that I could have gotten a job there.
Great staff, and fun work environment.
ITS HelpDesk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2016
NEU is a fast-growing staple of the Seattle tech scene. The staff is awesome, very attentive and willing to help. It's a great place to work and there are always opportunities to take leadership roles since the campus is growing so quickly.
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2016
lab meetings and bench work. Conducted both in vivo and in vitro experiments, individually and in teams with other PhD students.
Helped work in and manage the ECE lab at Northeastern and do research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2016
Meet with professors a few times a week to discuss the field of study/research I was working on. Would be assigned deadlines and goal to accomplish tasks and present to the professor. Fairly independent but professors were open and willing to help as needed
Good Place to Learn
InfoCommons Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2016
A great place to improve my interpersonal skills and develop my technical knowledge on laptops and network devices. Troubleshooted various software and hardware issues in laptop.
This is a very good place to work at
Allied Barton Weekend Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2016
I like the account manager she makes working here very easy , She is a great account manager in my opinion. Very understanding
Amazing work-life balance but poor culture
Finance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2016
Great flexibility and time off policy (can depend on the dept). A week off for christmas and every holiday possible off. The pay is poor in most departments until you reach the director level. Everything moves slowly through northeastern and the systems are not fit to support the growth of the university. Great retirement benefit after two years. If you are going to work here, consider your boss/ dept just as much as the job itself.
Pros
Time off
Cons
poor systems, lack of productive culture
Good teaching experience for graduate students
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2016
Mainly research in mathematics and together with TA duties and/or Instructor of record for undergraduate mathematics classes in calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2016
The marketing department was fun and I could cooperate with many smart professionals.
We delivered many interesting projects
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work but slower career progression
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2016
Very helpful teammates. School with a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Good training materials and excellent opportunities to interact with some of the top professors and industry experts.
Entirely Depends on the Department
Residential Safety Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2016
No benefits, but for a student position it's pretty great. Flexible hours and great supervisors. Lots of connections made to other departments, and there's some potential for advancement. Great communication skills are essential.
Very pleasant workspace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2016
it was a very relaxed place to work. management was super understanding, simple and welcoming. It made working there very easy
Productive and relaxed working space, a lot of room for growth within the event management department
Operations Oversight Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Review and submit payroll for employees.
Make sure all areas are staffed throughout business hours
Update Digital signage programs
Assist with any customer service needs- i.e phone calls and general questions about the establishment.
Reserve and manage west addition window advertisement request
Assist Lost and found program
Growing and evolving university
Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2016
The two top things about working for Northeastern are the students and great co-workers.
There is a lot of coming and going of students due to co-operative education jobs and studies abroad. This presents challenges but is also exciting.
Pros
supportive peers, multicultural, tuition remission
Cons
several departments are in the middle of management changes
good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2016
Good working experience along with good benefits.
Nice learning experience.
Co-workers are helpful and friendly
Work is hectic but still enjoyable

4.3