Northern Arizona Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good training but compensation problematic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZOctober 20, 2017
NAH provides excellent training but allocates bonuses haphazardly. Retention bonuses are nonexistent and new staff are inexplicably gifted with immense bonuses.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation
The day in the life of an exceptional employee
Neurodiagnostic Technologist REEGT (Former Employee) –  Verde Valley Medical Center, CottonwoodOctober 10, 2017
-Ended out of retaliation and game playing. Was hired under total false pretenses just to get me up here, they were so desperate for my services and then once hired, the games began two-faced staff, cliche' department with staff that treats you unfairly, if they don't like you. The whole 6 months I was there, was a total joke, said this, said that and nothing was ever done that was said.. Tallking behind your back, ignoring you, and only speaking to you if they wanted something done.. If you didn't fit in to "Their" Standards and way of business, they made life horrible for you. On call was a joke and yet because I was the new one on the block, I got most call weekends. Untrustworthy staff all the way around, one main person was put up on a pedistal and given all sorts of responsibility, while the other tech, got slammed and overworked and with outrageous call times.. When a meeting was put together to share information, it backfired and I was retaliated against and set up.. DO NOT waste your time with this company, too much Drama and Negative vibes. They left me stranded.
Pros
Many good employees there and many were hard working and team players.
Cons
too many to list... Don't apply here !
Great job
Adminstrative Assistant to Legal (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 3, 2017
I loved this job. I was treated fairly and respectfully and enjoyed being apart of this organization. It was an intense job, but I was encouraged and felt comfortable that if I worked hard I would be respected and I was.

All the people in the department worked hard together.
Stressful, especially since you don't know if you are going to continue to have your position
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Not a good place to work. Treatment of employees is very poor yet bad behavior by managers/directors is tolerated consistently. Employees keep their jobs even when unhappy because these are small communities and there are very few well paying jobs available. I knew of so many fellow employees that were consistently looking for another job in the area because they were unhappy.
Pros
Great co-workers. Benefits were good for the area.
Cons
Horrible management. Lots of unhappy employees who just play the game.
Discrimination and retaliation
CCMA Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Management on their Facebook or Snapchat ALL DAY, while we were always short handed, so we are running around the office and working hard while the mangers all sat in their offices on their phone's. And lot's of discrimination to their employees. Horrible place to work, it was a nightmare!!!!!!
Always looking to improve for patient satisfaction.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 3, 2017
Great Healthcare system to be a part of, employees and management are great. Growth in this organization is constant and continuously recruiting excellent physicians and staff.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
High tolerance required for a few outpatients who visit regularly.
Great place to work. Many different jobs here
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 19, 2017
Love working here. The people I work with on the most part are great and dependable. The benefits and pay are above standard for the area. There is a canteen on grounds so you can grab lunch or a snack.
benefits
Cons
typical at any workplace
Very stressful environment with constant fluctuation in management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 3, 2017
Very stressful environment with constant fluctuation in management. Expected everyone to work harder with fewer resources. Lack of training and policies and procedures.
A fast paced and professional environment.
Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 29, 2017
A typical day is encountering people from all walks of life who are in need of information and kindness. My immediate managers have been extremely supportive. The workplace culture is to present a professional atmosphere. The most difficult part of the job is when you cannot help a patient as much as you can, because of insurance or doctor order restrictions. It very often (multiple times daily) requires extra attention to get the patient the help they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you hear a "thank you" along with a smile from someone one you just finished helping.
Pros
big company
Cons
big company
Wonderful working environment. Best colleagues with imeasurable talents.
Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Northern Arizona Healthcare Verde Valley Medical Center. It was a place I felt safe and able to expand my skill set. Made many lasting friendships with employees and patients alike.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not a big producer like it's parent location
Not a great working environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 22, 2017
This place has the worst senior management of any hospital in Arizona. It needs competition to improve since they take advantage of their lone hospital status in the community. They cut costs so much that it affects the patients negatively.
Pretty great. Best job I've had so far.
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 12, 2017
I work in Financial Operations and my coworkers/managers are such nice and fun people. Best people I have had the fortune to work with in my career so far. Always helpful, supportive, and understanding. Whenever I do not understand what to do in a situation, or how to do something, they take the time to help me when they can; I, of course reciprocate. Terrific work/life balance. Flexible scheduling to meet your work and life demands. Managers and coworkers are very nice and polite and great to talk to personally. Things can get very busy, but when they are not, or when everyone needs a break from hours of work, we have fun. If you have an idea as to how to improve something or a concern about how something is done that perhaps should be addressed, people are there to listen and will discuss it, or ask you if you have any thoughts during meetings. Great benefits too. I had a 401(K) as an intern.
Great dedicated employees!
HR Advisor and Sr. Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZ 86326June 3, 2017
I enjoy coaching and developing managemente and employees. I love being a part of a team showing employees that we care about their issues at work and at home.
Pros
Working around and with wonderful people.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun, Interesting
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 29, 2017
I worked from home on this account for many years. It was always fun and interesting as medical transcriptions usually are...a different thing to do with each job and I never knew what was coming next. Love it.
Be warned!
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff Medical CenterApril 23, 2017
Flagstaff Medical Center and Northern Arizona Healthcare is undergoing a lot of changes with high turn-over and is not worth the risk of your professional career or personal branding. There is visible instability in senior management and clueless middle management. Being the only hospital in Flagstaff, the leadership is not kept in check with any competitors as in larger markets. If you want rewarding growth in a fostering team environment, look elsewhere.
Productive fun and loving environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 31, 2017
What a great place to work! I have been here for 2 years and have absolutely loved it the entire time! Everyone seems to genuinely care about you as a person and I think that is very important in a job!
Great working atmosphere
RN (Current Employee) –  VVMCMarch 29, 2017
I am so pleased to be an employee here- my team of colleagues is supportive and kind, and I truly feel that we are all here for the patients. Compensation is fair and there is opportunity for professional growth.
Pros
Fair compensation, good working environment
amazing team
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 15, 2017
worth the years spent here would still work here if I didn't have to move for personal reasons, nursing resources is the best job i have had any where
Challenging and rewarding
DNV-GL Survey Quality Representative (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 11, 2017
An ever changing work environment that challenges you to be the best that you can be. Many changes are being made that are moving towards a standardized system.
Awesome Progressive Health Care System
Healthcare Professional (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZFebruary 23, 2017
NAH is a great company to work and grow with. Advanced technology and diligent care of the people in our community. Excellent benefits; medical, dental, vision - 401k, tuition reimbursement.

And a beautiful place to live especially for those who have the love of the outdoors. I love to hike and camp, and this region of the state of Arizona ranks as my favorite place to explore.
Pros
Great benefits!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Arizona Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9