Northern Arizona Healthcare Employee Reviews

Pretty great. Best job I've had so far.
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 12, 2017
I work in Financial Operations and my coworkers/managers are such nice and fun people. Best people I have had the fortune to work with in my career so far. Always helpful, supportive, and understanding. Whenever I do not understand what to do in a situation, or how to do something, they take the time to help me when they can; I, of course reciprocate. Terrific work/life balance. Flexible scheduling to meet your work and life demands. Managers and coworkers are very nice and polite and great to talk to personally. Things can get very busy, but when they are not, or when everyone needs a break from hours of work, we have fun. If you have an idea as to how to improve something or a concern about how something is done that perhaps should be addressed, people are there to listen and will discuss it, or ask you if you have any thoughts during meetings. Great benefits too. I had a 401(K) as an intern.
Great dedicated employees!
HR Advisor and Sr. Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZ 86326June 3, 2017
I enjoy coaching and developing managemente and employees. I love being a part of a team showing employees that we care about their issues at work and at home.
Pros
Working around and with wonderful people.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun, Interesting
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 29, 2017
I worked from home on this account for many years. It was always fun and interesting as medical transcriptions usually are...a different thing to do with each job and I never knew what was coming next. Love it.
Be warned!
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff Medical CenterApril 23, 2017
Flagstaff Medical Center and Northern Arizona Healthcare is undergoing a lot of changes with high turn-over and is not worth the risk of your professional career or personal branding. There is visible instability in senior management and clueless middle management. Being the only hospital in Flagstaff, the leadership is not kept in check with any competitors as in larger markets. If you want rewarding growth in a fostering team environment, look elsewhere.
Productive fun and loving environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 31, 2017
What a great place to work! I have been here for 2 years and have absolutely loved it the entire time! Everyone seems to genuinely care about you as a person and I think that is very important in a job!
Great working atmosphere
RN (Current Employee) –  VVMCMarch 29, 2017
I am so pleased to be an employee here- my team of colleagues is supportive and kind, and I truly feel that we are all here for the patients. Compensation is fair and there is opportunity for professional growth.
Pros
Fair compensation, good working environment
amazing team
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 15, 2017
worth the years spent here would still work here if I didn't have to move for personal reasons, nursing resources is the best job i have had any where
Challenging and rewarding
DNV-GL Survey Quality Representative (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 11, 2017
An ever changing work environment that challenges you to be the best that you can be. Many changes are being made that are moving towards a standardized system.
Awesome Progressive Health Care System
Healthcare Professional (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZFebruary 23, 2017
NAH is a great company to work and grow with. Advanced technology and diligent care of the people in our community. Excellent benefits; medical, dental, vision - 401k, tuition reimbursement.

And a beautiful place to live especially for those who have the love of the outdoors. I love to hike and camp, and this region of the state of Arizona ranks as my favorite place to explore.
Pros
Great benefits!
An amazing place to work with great doctors and a hard working staff
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZFebruary 9, 2017
I would have never left this company but had to relocate to further my daughters education and move her close to a Deaf school. I was able to work close with each doctor, Echo technician, and office staff.
Nice area to work at.
Lead radiation therapist (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZDecember 12, 2016
Great people to work with, but with poor management. The hardest part of the day is when the manager tries to interfere with our jobs. The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the patients.
Pros
Free food every now and then
Cons
Too much micro-management
NAH is a great Organization to work for
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 19, 2016
NAH is a great Organization to work for. Everyone is very knowledgeable patient care orientated and focuses on overall quality of care.
Failed Leadership
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FMCMarch 9, 2016
The new senior management team is wiping departments left and right. It used to be an amazing place to work when the focus was on patients and families. Now it has shifted to cheap and low quality. Make sure you verify that the future of your department is secure prior to accepting a position at NAH.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Inconsistent leadership
Growth in out patient infusion services for the community.
Charge RN / Sycamore Infusion Unit (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJanuary 18, 2016
Enjoyed being part of the expansion of out patient infusion services for the Verde Valley Medical Center as a charge and staff RN. Education was a large part of this growth and new opportunities to learn were always readily available. We would have appreciated keeping one clerical staff member to support the nursing staff. This important job was not considered necessary and placed an added workload on the RN staff. This was at times extremely challenging. This problem brought nursing management and the infusion staff together to find new and innovative ideas to remedy the situation. One solution was to incorporate other out patient services such as the scheduling department to assist in reducing the RN clerical work load and creating a "Relief RN" position. The ability to find solutions to problems was the strength of the RN Clinical Manager. Overall, I really enjoyed my work in the infusion unit, and in particular, being able to be a part of the nursing staff creating a safe and healthy work environment for the people in the community requiring our services.
A good place to work for Northern Arizona Healthcare
Billing Specialist, Medicare Team (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 5, 2016
Northern Arizona Healthcare contracted with Conifer Health Solutions - tenet corporation for most patient services,including patient admissions, medical records and revenue control. I reviewed and released Medicare claims for in-patient and out-patient services.
Challenging with awesome colleagues
Office Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 8, 2015
Very professional, friendly work environment. Good benefits. They care about their patients and employees. So many opportunities to advance or even lateral moves for learning other departments.
A conmpany in transition
payer Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Revenue CycleJuly 13, 2015
During the last 18 months there has been a complete change at the executive level and NAH is trying to create a better working environment for employees thrugh these changes.
Good overall place to work.
Stores Tech in Supply Chain Management Department (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 6, 2015
Job included picking hospital supply's from list in the warehouse and then delivering to various units in the hospital. Work loads could vary because you never know how busy a hospital will be. Also moved gas containers around hospital.
Pros
Able to work four, ten hours shift was nice.
Cons
Can be very physical moving 800-1000 pound carts full of products around the hospital.
Pharmacy (Flagstaff Inpatient) - DO NOT WORK HERE
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC)April 4, 2015
Despite the pay being competitive, the (FMC) pharmacy management doesn't believe in leadership, condones verbal abuse by ignoring all employee complaints, ignores that it is even an issue to begin with, doesn't believe that employee engagement is a real concept, and is only worried about how the pharmacy looks, not caring if it is functional.

Over the years, this caused the culture in the pharmacy to spiral into a poisonous, gossip-ridden workplace.

Worse though, is managements disregard for ethics, standards, or state regulations. Lately we were told to compounded TPNs in an IV hood that wasn't functioning, and despite state law there is no sterile compounding training manual or standards and no pharmacist oversight during the training process. We have no idea what the techs have been trained or if they were even trained correctly.

90% of the techs have a terrible attitude and are on the verge of quitting, and most of the pharmacists do everything they can to keep their sanity by ignoring the techs as much as they can.

If you don't believe me, that's fine. Apply for the position and during the interview simply ask "What is employee engagement, and why does it matter?".
Pros
Pay is somewhat competitive
Cons
Bad culture and training
No balance between work and family.
Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 17, 2015
No balance between work and family. Good benefits, good workers, management changes all the time. Co-workers are hard working and fun to be around. Work involves putting out fires mainly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Arizona Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Arizona Healthcare Reviews by Location