Northern Essex Community College Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMay 24, 2017
Working as a math tutor helped me to realize how much I enjoyed math. My colleagues were great. We were constantly building on each others knowledge and experience. The Math Center was very willing to work around my class schedule as well.
Horrible
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 17, 2017
Poor management. No one cares about new ideas. A toxic work environment. Very close minded administration bordering on discrimination. Don't work there.
Happy Contracted Employer
Co-Teacher; Translator/ Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 21, 2017
Excellent place to work. Typical day consists of going into the classroom and preparing for the upcoming class that is to attend. It is simple and easy because I truly enjoy my job as an interpreter. Working with the professors in the college is a joy, they are full of knowledge and as I interpret their teachings, I learn more about the field in which we are speaking of. The students remain engaged and truly enjoy their time with us. It's a WIN WIN situation for all!
Pros
Happy environment.
Cons
Delayed payment.
Fun Workplace
Staff Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 19, 2017
Assist with marketing and promotion of Student Engagement events, programs and workshops.
Collect and process data from Student Engagement events.
Teaches responsibilities.
Pros
Free lunches on events
Cons
Short breaks
stimulating work environment
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 24, 2017
NECC is an exciting place to work. In over thirty years there I was never bored. Most important is that you meet and work with lots of wonderful people--faculty, staff and students. The work is very rewarding: you feel like you are learning and helping others to learn.
Pros
the community
Cons
bureaucracy
great work enviornment
Technical Assistant (TA) for Paramedic program (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 28, 2016
phenomenal management

great hours

ability to instruct useful material in a practical setting

Ability to design practical situations for students and provide feedback
IT Workstudy growth
COMPUTER LAB TECHNICIAN (WORK-STUDY) (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 26, 2016
This job offered and engaging learning environment, with the opportunity for hands on work experience. Shadowing an IT Supervisor helped tremendously for my growth as an individual in the IT industry.
I've enjoyed working for Northern Essex Community College for close to 15 years. I enjoy my peers and the student diversity. The only problem at thi
ENGLISH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 21, 2016
The only problem at this time is that enrollment is down and there are very few credit hours available at this time. I've enjoyed working for Northern Essex Community College for close to 15 years. I enjoy my peers and the student diversity immensely.
Pros
Overall five star rating.
Cons
Few teaching hours available due to low enrollment
Working for NECC
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 5, 2016
I was doing a work study for my semester in NECC. It was called the "Phonathon" and my objective was to call the schools alumnis and update their information and also try to collect money for the schools funds. Wasn't a good paying job but it taught me how to interact with clients over the phone.
Great organization with an excellent community of staff, faculty, and students.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 18, 2015
Northern Essex Community College is an excellent organization to work with. There is a wealth of training and professional development for individuals at all stages of their careers. Benefits are superb and compensation is greater than other organizations in the local area. Friendly and helpful atmosphere along with a wealth of support from colleagues.
Pros
Culture, professional development, benefits, compensation, mission, and diversity.
Cons
Career advancement can take longer than normal due to an extremely low turnover. However, this is not necessarily a "con".
It was great
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 15, 2015
· Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
·Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
Productive work day
Freshmen Year Respiratory Care Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 20, 2015
I went to NECC. I like the school atmosphere. I like the amount of support that they give to the students. At the end of the school year, I was delighted to accept the tutoring position that was offered to me. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the administration. I am not a full-time employee and I do not get any benefits.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
A community college specializing in transfer and career prep
Advisor for a Federally Funded Trio (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 13, 2015
I was a part time employee at NECC assisting student in a grant funded program. I created workshops for students in time management, transfer and planning.

Students were first generation college students who needed financial aid
Challenging, yet not too demanding,
Work Study Secretary (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMarch 19, 2015
As a Work Study student, I worked for only one professor (as is the protocol) and would do various secretarial tasks for her, including documenting reports, downloading files, creating displays, assisting in research for projects, performing virtually any task asked of me, and organizing homework, tests, & submitted works. I worked alongside only one other Work Study student who was working for another professor for a period of 3 months. I enjoyed every part of the job & found no difficulty in any task except researching for projects.
Pros
Working directly under Professors with a steady work flow
Cons
Small amount of hours
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 7, 2015
I was just an intern in the Lab Science department. It was a fun job and required hard work. My supervisor was great and he never asked me to do something that was too difficult. He had a lot of knowledge of what he was doing and I was taught a lot of stuff.
higher ed - 2 year public
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 9, 2014
excellent staff
hard working crew
worked collaboratively with other institutions
Great Opportunity to Help Local Compnies
Program Director, Corporate Education (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJanuary 21, 2014
This is my 2nd stint at NECC and a typical day includes managing and selling contract training opportunities for the college. The job has grown into selling and managing programs for corporate partners, working with local industry, and a lot of administrative duties.
Pros
Help Incumbent Workers Improve Skills
Cons
Productive and Extremly Great place to work at.
College Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MADecember 8, 2013
This place is awesome!! everyone here is amazing, any help you need faculty and student's are right there to help you, any question you have they will answer it. Managment is awesome they understand when someone can't make it, their flexible with the hours, there is no hard part about this job its amazing, the best part is when you get togther with about 20 - 30 people to solve a problem, the stisfaction after were done is wonderful.
Pros
Flexible time, Good pay, great co-workers, awesome managment.
Cons
None.
Amazing Learning Experience
Dental Assistant Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 4, 2013
Learned so much! Their Dental Assisting Program was so enjoyable, the teachers and fellow students made the learning experience much easier than i had expected.
A great place to work
Head Coach Track & Field Program (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MADecember 30, 2012
The College is well run and the Athletic Department is great to work for. Everyone goes out of there way to make this an enjoyable experience.
Pros
great enviroment, students are hardworking
Cons
don't offer enough sports, not full time