Northern Human Services Employee Reviews

busy
A/R Specialist/Biller (Former Employee) –  Conway, NHAugust 9, 2017
Liked working there. No chance of advancement, though. Pretty much work on your own, once you learn their system, which I liked kind of being my own boss.
Excellent colleagues
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Conway, NHAugust 5, 2017
Excellent team, all cross trained, always willing to pitch in when short handed or work load demands. Great team that keeps an electronic medical record updated and running well. Organization is dedicated to compliance and has a strong, involved compliance committee.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Administration
Supportive environment; effective supervision; flexibility
Children's Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, NHJuly 16, 2017
I work with emotionally disturbed children and their families. It can be very stressful, dealing with some very traumatic issues. That being said, I get very effective support from my supervisors and colleagues.
Pros
Flexible hours; close-knit staff
Cons
Not very competitive salary; emotionally draining at times
Proceed with caution
Manager (Current Employee) –  ConwayJuly 12, 2017
It's a high stress job. The upper management and human resources in all Conway offices are dishonest and unethical. Because of this they have a very high staff turnover rate that impacts the quality of life of the clients who receive their services. The honest, ethical employees are pushed out and replaced by personal friends of upper management, staff that turn a blind eye to the office politics, or innocent newcomers that don't know what really goes on behind the scenes.
Pros
Some caring, honest coworkers
Cons
Dishonest, unethical management & human resources in all Conway offices, toxic work environment
Helping the community of disabled people live better lives
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Conway, NHJune 6, 2017
Northern Human Services provides many services to the mentally and developmentally disabled community, which is one of the reasons I work there.
I enjoy all my accounting responsibilities and challenges. I have worked with many fantastic people.
I have been able to enhance my professional knowledge over my years here.
There is no micro managing. I know what my jobs entail to close each month and get it done.
Pros
Flexible working enviroment
variable
Staff (Current Employee) –  Conway, NHMay 3, 2017
Busy place that is wonderful at fostering growth in employees. Work culture leaves a lot to be desired. Many different departments, expires would vary greatly dependent on location.
The teamwork is great.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Colebrook, NHApril 15, 2017
The teamwork is great and the management encourages team building activities.
Working with the clients is both frustrating and rewarding.
The atmosphere is warm and caring.
I would have liked to have attended more of the available training.
Pros
The strong team attitude
Cons
lack of ongoing training
not a bad job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Millersburg, PAMarch 11, 2017
Being a DSP is not a bad job and is very fulfilling, however you work a lot of mandatory over time. Especially in the summer. I enjoy taking care of people and the consumers are all very sweet. It's just the hrs can kill you.
Pros
fufilling
Cons
too many hrs
organzied
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2016
Usually my day at work is exciting, being able to attend to the needs of patient and giving them the best care and service possible to keep them ongoing patients. Enjoy interacting and able to share my knowledge to make it more user friendly for my patient
Low regard for Direct Support Workers
Community Integrator (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHNovember 18, 2015
Management is poor with little regard for needs of employees. Continual changes to schedule leads to no consistency for individuals served. Employees expected to drive long distances using their personal vehicles, reimbursement is very low. If you are a Direct Support Worker the company lacks value for your services and turnover is extremely high.
Pros
Hours are manageable.
Cons
Low pay, low value placed on support workers, poor management.
High Stress but rewarding
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Center Conway, NHNovember 4, 2015
Great Co Workers and good people. Just high stress with paperwork and deadlines. It produces high turnover rates. Good Pay and Benefits are in this company.
Pros
Great Pay !
Cons
High Stress
Great co-workers all working toward the same goal
Financial Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHNovember 4, 2013
Wonderful, dedicated co-workers who all worked together as a team. My job was very detail oriented but I learned how to manage my time and implement process improvements. NHS is a Community Mental Health Center where confidentiality and discretion is observed and understood. I was in charge of all aspects of financial account billing and was in constant communication with Insurance companies, clients, Doctors and Clinical staff. I was responsible for all accounts receivable and was a first point of contact for many of our clients.
The hardest part of my job was the realization of how many people are suffering with mental illness but the most enjoyable part of my job was watching them recover from that illness while learning skills to cope.
Pros
Great benefit package and wonderful co-workers
Cons
Yearly raises stopped due to budget constraints
NHS is a productibe workplace and very out going staff that work for the company
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2013
My day starts with checking my planner, for needed deadlines and to interact with my staff to make sure their needs are met as well as the individuals. I learned throughout my years of service that I must treat others like I want to be treated, that foremost I must build that level of respect with my piers and my staff to have a productive day and who benefit from that is the individuals we support day to day. The hardest part of the job is coverage, it is apart of the job to cover when you cannot find coverage, but when you are working more then you are home it can become a little frustrating and take away from the needs of my family, but it is apart of the job and upper management is doing everything they can to assist me in this area. I love working for the company management treats me with the up most respect. I have been in the field for a very long time and at this point I am looking for growth within the company or another company. I need to challenge all my education and experiences over the year in another sector, so that others can benefit from what I have to offer and learned over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job is what keeps me working in the field for so long, and that is the individuals we support. I get great pleasure to make sure that my staff is carrying out the needs of the individuals and that they are living in good conditions. The individuals we support are unable to take care of themselves and it is imperative that we make sure that they live a normal and prosperity is apart of their everyday lives.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement
Cons
Health Coverage
Productive environemnt and co-workers are awesome.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NHAugust 23, 2013
A place where it feels like you are family and able to express concerns and issues.
Pros
Good coffee in the morning, good camaraderie
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Very caring Organization
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NHMay 22, 2013
This position was very rewarding. You were responsible for everything this person needed on a daily basis. The Organization was very good to work with when there was an issue. Mainly worked on my own. The hardest part was this was a 24/7 job so it could get a little stressful. You really needed to use your Respite time. Most enjoyable was knowing that you were enriching someone else's life.
Pros
Pay was very good. Caring for someone that couldn't do it themselve
Cons
Not much time off
Rewarding job, working hands on with the clients
Community Integrator (Former Employee) –  Colebrook, NHSeptember 13, 2012
Excellent coworkers who work together as a team. Hours and schedules vary frequently so you have to be very flexible. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping clients reach their goals, hardest part of the job dealing with your clients' physical behaviors.
Wonderful work atmosphere. Very supportive.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Colebrook, NHAugust 20, 2012
I loved working for Northern Human Services. It is community service company. I started as an administrative assistant and was promoted to office manager when that position opened up. The staff there is wonderful. The job was very diverse, making everyday different and exciting. I love working with people so this was the ideal job for me.
Pros
great group of people to work for and with!