Northern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Fast Growing Progressive Institution
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Highland HeightsAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Ever moving into the future
Cons: Monetary restrictions are based on demand.
They are always attempting to innovate their process to be in step with the quickly advancing demands of the real world. I've watched them grow from a University dripping in ridicule to a legitimately respectable institution.
Great Student Work
Information Technology Senior Practicum (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 27, 2015
Great work environment where there are plenty of options to take off for exams or for personal reasons. I enjoyed working her while being a full-time undergraduate student.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant, Dep of ECO and MKT (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Scholarships, adequate compensation for students, relaxed work environment.
Cons: Positions terminated after graduation
Worked part time as a Graduate Assistant for the department of Finance and Economics; I assisted with course work preparation, research, financial data mining from CompuStat Software, helped provide and researched data to be analyzed and interpreted by the faculty for higher education research.
I love the work environment, the faculty was very pleasant to work with and tend to be flexible and at times let the G.A. make decisions as to how, when, and what to research with optimal supervision.
Good place to work.
Mathematics Instructor and Research Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KentuckyJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Tutoring students
Cons: None
1. Nice surroundings.
2. Teaching methods.
3. Management was very open to my suggestions.
4. My co-workers were very cordial.
5. Lack of assignments.
6. Results of my efforts.
Productive and fun
ACADEMIC COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 6, 2015
I've worked for NKU for 18 years. I work with budget, travel, scheduling, anything faculty needs. SAP experience, Microsoft software. Haven't had a raise in 3 years due to state budget constraints.
Review of NKU
Director, Registrar Services/Systems (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 28, 2015
NKU is in the middle of an expansive transition in attempting to change the course of the institution as a whole. Change can create concern about the future especially for those who have been with the institution for double digit years of service.
Repetitious and simple
Parking Attendant Cashier (Former Employee), Parking ServicesJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: No use of creativity or the ability to be promoted.
You sit in a parking booth for eight hours a day.
You learn patience, sympathy, understanding, and reasoning.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job were the customers complaints and behaviors. Several times the police had to be called.
No advancement potential or salary increases.
Power Plant Operator (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good job
Cons: No advancement potential.
It is an ok job but as I said in my summary the salary is low for the job and their is no advancement potential.
Good people
I work night shift 12 hrs.
enjoy every other weekend off
dealing with the low moral on the campus
No morale
Custodian- Student Union Building (Current Employee), campusMay 8, 2015
3 years running without a raise. Constant micromanaging. Always pointing out the flaws in your work, but never a compliment. Drama, drama, drama, everyone is in everybodies business but their own. Tobacco free campus, only enforced among employees. You will be written up and fired while students smoke openly and freely throughout the campus with no fear or repercussion. No morale whatsoever, Constant complaining. Very negative atmosphere. Would not recommend this job to anyone unless you are desperate for a job.
Great Place to Work
Undergraduate Research Assistance (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 14, 2015
Pros: University
Cons: University
Its a wonderful place to work. Benefits are good and people are awesome. Company cares about how you feel and really looks out for you if you're having issues with the job.
NKU was at one time a great place to work. Since the new President came in he let it be known that nobody's job was safe.
Major Gift Officer University Wide (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYMarch 24, 2015
I spend my day setting up appointments with donors. I have between two and three lunch appointments a week. My coworkers are all new. They have either fired everybody or they have quit. The hardest part of my job is every month we change how we do something. With all the new people everybody wants to do it their way. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is that when I secure a gift I have made an impact on a donors and a students life.
Engaging learning environment
Studio 89 Crew Member (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYMarch 2, 2015
The EMB department at NKU taught me a great deal about how to work on and off the set of a production, and the various elements that go into an effective show/film.
Great Vacation and Sick Benefits
Student Account Specialist (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYFebruary 24, 2015
No room to grow, not the best environment for upward momentum. Have not had raises in seven years... bad management. But good benefits.
Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJanuary 24, 2015
The problem with this job is if you had an appointment scheduled and your student was a no-show, you did not get paid.
College job
Printing and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYSeptember 29, 2014
I loved it. What more can I say?
It was a college job that I worked part-time. It didn't pay well, but it didn't need to. Fun and friendly place to work.
Wonderful Place to Work and Learn
Summer research assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 1, 2014
NKU is a wonderful place as a college and as a job. For my position I did research with a professor as a research assistant. The hours were flexible. You're doing what you love; for money! You're around people you know and who you're comfortable with. Nothing bad can be said about this job.
Very busy, but rewarding job
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 9, 2014
Each day was extremely busy (sometimes to the point where necessary work could not be completed during scheduled working hours). Working with students was very rewarding.
Watch out for the fangs!!!!
Professor (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KentuckyJune 19, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: everything else!
If you're a professor, expect no support from administration at all levels, including department chairs. Look out for yourself because that's what everyone else is doing. Trust no one.
Good workplace if a little boring
System Analyst (Current Employee), Highland HeightsJune 2, 2014
Pros: free time for homework, very flexible scheduling
Cons: sometimes boring
Overall working on a campus like NKU was a great experience but during session breaks work was slow and fairly boring.
Great hands on approach
Student Analyst (Former Employee), Northern Kentucky UniversityMay 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working with clients and getting a feel for real life work.
Worked at statistical consulting centre including meeting with clients, managing and analysing data and writing summary reports.
• Earned authorship on client’s journal article analysing data using one and two sample proportion tests and categorical analysis.
• Used SPSS and Minitab for analysis of variance, logistic regression and other comparison techniques to analyse data.