Northern Kentucky University

Northern Kentucky University Employer Reviews

Wonderful Place to Work and Learn
Summer research assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 1, 2014
NKU is a wonderful place as a college and as a job. For my position I did research with a professor as a research assistant. The hours were flexible. You're doing what you love; for money! You're around people you know and who you're comfortable with. Nothing bad can be said about this job.
Very busy, but rewarding job
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 9, 2014
Each day was extremely busy (sometimes to the point where necessary work could not be completed during scheduled working hours). Working with students was very rewarding.
Watch out for the fangs!!!!
Professor (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KentuckyJune 19, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: everything else!
If you're a professor, expect no support from administration at all levels, including department chairs. Look out for yourself because that's what everyone else is doing. Trust no one.
Good workplace if a little boring
System Analyst (Current Employee), Highland HeightsJune 2, 2014
Pros: free time for homework, very flexible scheduling
Cons: sometimes boring
Overall working on a campus like NKU was a great experience but during session breaks work was slow and fairly boring.
Great hands on approach
Student Analyst (Former Employee), Northern Kentucky UniversityMay 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working with clients and getting a feel for real life work.
Worked at statistical consulting centre including meeting with clients, managing and analysing data and writing summary reports.
• Earned authorship on client’s journal article analysing data using one and two sample proportion tests and categorical analysis.
• Used SPSS and – more... Minitab for analysis of variance, logistic regression and other comparison techniques to analyse data. – less
Excellence
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 13, 2014
I learned so much during my stint as an Office Assistant for the Office of Education Abroad at NKU. I gained very valuable office skills that I will undoubtedly use for the rest of my life. My multitasking abilities were put to the test, and I am highly grateful for the time I've had there.
Great for learning and coworkers felt like family
Student Maintenance/ Part-time (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 10, 2014
Pros: everyone worked as a team, if you had an issue with something or needed a second opinion, you could always find someone who could help you
Cons: student worker, my hours i was allowed to work were limited, and i was not able to receive benefits.
This was one of my favorite places to work and the reason I chose to pursue maintenance as a career. The experience I gained from this place really helped me get my foot in the door. I would have stayed if I could have gotten on full time. I would love to go back.
The most fun job I had was as an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYOctober 25, 2013
The most fun job I had was as an Orientation Leader. We worked long hours for little pay but we got free meals, free housing, 100 on our all cards, and training on different departments around campus. Got along great with my coworkers and supervisors, definitely a great experience.
NKU is an excellent university
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: i can receive free tution
I teach as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor for Northern Kentucky University. I teach Obstetrics
College Campus
Temporary Clerical Support (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: educational facility
Cons: parking
Typical college campus environment. Pleasant co-workers and staff.
I enjoyed the curiosity of the students
Professor (Former Employee), Kentucky,NewportJuly 26, 2013
Pros: the curosity of the students
Cons: lunch on the run
A typical day would be taking the students to the various hospital and watch their theory applied to the patients. I have learned
we are more alike than we are different. I enjoyed my co-worker.
The hardest part of my job was when a student dropped out of class.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the students graduated.
Great University
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), Highland, KYJune 17, 2013
Loved working on campus. Everyone was enjoyable to work with and experience was great.
College School Project
Advanced Market Researcher Co-op (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 6, 2013
In college, we were able to do a full Marketing Research project and analyze the results. The client was a middle school. We created a survey for the students to take regarding what school activities (sports, music, variety of teams) that they enjoyed and felt was helpful to them. We found out which activity was missing in this school that the children – more... would enjoy and think would be beneficial to them.
This was a fun, hands on team project where I learned to produce a survey that was easily completed by the students and were able to analyze the results. – less
Great work environment!
Special Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYMay 18, 2013
Supportive staff! Great opportunities to network. Small department with high volume. Only 3 workers in the office. Very enjoyable!
NKU
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 1, 2013
During my study at Northern Kentucky University, I worked with several professors in which I believed would help advance my skill set for the profession world. After graduation, I moved to Florida which ended my chances of accepting employment with this organization.
Very productive. Laid back environment. Customer Service.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYNovember 14, 2012
Assited the HR Coordinator with new hire paperwork. Took on special projects that deal with spreadsheets. Maintenance of copier and printers, also set up. Filed all paperwork that came in.
Extremely positive atmosphere dedicated to improving lives.
Intern/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYOctober 1, 2012
This is my favorite position of my career. Enjoyed working with the students, and making a change in their lives.
Productive with fun activities that we planned monthly.
Assistant Researcher (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free food, great learning experience, improved my leadership skills.
Cons: not being appreciated for the amount of work put into the job.
For 3 days a week, I helped students who were struggling in certain math classes learn to change their study habits. I learned how to work with a diverse group of students, with different backgrounds. This job was mainly run by the students, with the guidance of professors. The hardest part of the job was working with different students who did not – more... put forth the effort. I loved helping students understand the math material better, and trying to help them to improve their study habits. Watching a student grow from beginning to end, was such a reward. – less
Awesome Experience
Volunteer Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 27, 2012
Great place to work. Very informative and knowledgable staff.
Friendly and Great Learning Enviornment
Student Worker of Facilities Management (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 2, 2012
Pros: typical m-f hrs, friendly staff, perks of being a campus worker
Cons: short breaks, long hrs in front of a computer, last minute errands
A typical work day I would answer phones, deliver mail, run campus errands, and do any projects that were needed to be done. I learned a lot about the campus and how things run. I learned quite a bit about the construction process --- working with engineers, construction management, and designers. My co-workers were very helpful, when learning new things, – more... or helping to spike my interest in new things. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things about the campus and how things work. – less