Northern Kentucky University

Northern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Undergraduate Research Assistance (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 14, 2015
Pros: University
Cons: University
Its a wonderful place to work. Benefits are good and people are awesome. Company cares about how you feel and really looks out for you if you're having issues with the job.
NKU was at one time a great place to work. Since the new President came in he let it be known that nobody's job was safe.
Major Gift Officer University Wide (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYMarch 24, 2015
I spend my day setting up appointments with donors. I have between two and three lunch appointments a week. My coworkers are all new. They have either fired everybody or they have quit. The hardest part of my job is every month we change how we do something. With all the new people everybody wants to do it their way. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is that when I secure a gift I have made an impact on a donors and a students life.
Engaging learning environment
Studio 89 Crew Member (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYMarch 2, 2015
The EMB department at NKU taught me a great deal about how to work on and off the set of a production, and the various elements that go into an effective show/film.
Great Vacation and Sick Benefits
Student Account Specialist (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYFebruary 24, 2015
No room to grow, not the best environment for upward momentum. Have not had raises in seven years... bad management. But good benefits.
Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJanuary 24, 2015
The problem with this job is if you had an appointment scheduled and your student was a no-show, you did not get paid.
College job
Printing and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYSeptember 29, 2014
I loved it. What more can I say?
It was a college job that I worked part-time. It didn't pay well, but it didn't need to. Fun and friendly place to work.
Wonderful Place to Work and Learn
Summer research assistant (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 1, 2014
NKU is a wonderful place as a college and as a job. For my position I did research with a professor as a research assistant. The hours were flexible. You're doing what you love; for money! You're around people you know and who you're comfortable with. Nothing bad can be said about this job.
Very busy, but rewarding job
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJuly 9, 2014
Each day was extremely busy (sometimes to the point where necessary work could not be completed during scheduled working hours). Working with students was very rewarding.
Watch out for the fangs!!!!
Professor (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KentuckyJune 19, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: everything else!
If you're a professor, expect no support from administration at all levels, including department chairs. Look out for yourself because that's what everyone else is doing. Trust no one.
Good workplace if a little boring
System Analyst (Current Employee), Highland HeightsJune 2, 2014
Pros: free time for homework, very flexible scheduling
Cons: sometimes boring
Overall working on a campus like NKU was a great experience but during session breaks work was slow and fairly boring.
Great hands on approach
Student Analyst (Former Employee), Northern Kentucky UniversityMay 13, 2014
Really enjoyed working with clients and getting a feel for real life work.
Worked at statistical consulting centre including meeting with clients, managing and analysing data and writing summary reports.
• Earned authorship on client’s journal article analysing data using one and two sample proportion tests and categorical analysis.
• Used SPSS and Minitab for analysis of variance, logistic regression and other comparison techniques to analyse data.
Excellence
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 13, 2014
I learned so much during my stint as an Office Assistant for the Office of Education Abroad at NKU. I gained very valuable office skills that I will undoubtedly use for the rest of my life. My multitasking abilities were put to the test, and I am highly grateful for the time I've had there.
Great for learning and coworkers felt like family
Student Maintenance/ Part-time (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYApril 10, 2014
Pros: everyone worked as a team, if you had an issue with something or needed a second opinion, you could always find someone who could help you
Cons: student worker, my hours i was allowed to work were limited, and i was not able to receive benefits.
This was one of my favorite places to work and the reason I chose to pursue maintenance as a career. The experience I gained from this place really helped me get my foot in the door. I would have stayed if I could have gotten on full time. I would love to go back.
The most fun job I had was as an Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYOctober 25, 2013
The most fun job I had was as an Orientation Leader. We worked long hours for little pay but we got free meals, free housing, 100 on our all cards, and training on different departments around campus. Got along great with my coworkers and supervisors, definitely a great experience.
NKU is an excellent university
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: i can receive free tution
I teach as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor for Northern Kentucky University. I teach Obstetrics
College Campus
Temporary Clerical Support (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: educational facility
Cons: parking
Typical college campus environment. Pleasant co-workers and staff.
I enjoyed the curiosity of the students
Professor (Former Employee), Kentucky,NewportJuly 26, 2013
Pros: the curosity of the students
Cons: lunch on the run
A typical day would be taking the students to the various hospital and watch their theory applied to the patients. I have learned
we are more alike than we are different. I enjoyed my co-worker.
The hardest part of my job was when a student dropped out of class.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the students graduated.
Great University
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee), Highland, KYJune 17, 2013
Loved working on campus. Everyone was enjoyable to work with and experience was great.
College School Project
Advanced Market Researcher Co-op (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 6, 2013
In college, we were able to do a full Marketing Research project and analyze the results. The client was a middle school. We created a survey for the students to take regarding what school activities (sports, music, variety of teams) that they enjoyed and felt was helpful to them. We found out which activity was missing in this school that the children would enjoy and think would be beneficial to them.
This was a fun, hands on team project where I learned to produce a survey that was easily completed by the students and were able to analyze the results.
Great work environment!
Special Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYMay 18, 2013
Supportive staff! Great opportunities to network. Small department with high volume. Only 3 workers in the office. Very enjoyable!