This is a management position which involves the development, implementation, coordination, and operation of a service component for the Authority. This position requires substantial knowledge of applicable guidelines, reimbursement systems, contracting procedures, and professional knowledge of services to developmentally disabled and/or mentally ill consumers of the public mental health system.
This position operates with a degree of independence under the general supervision of the Chief Populations Officer. A demonstrated exercise of judgment is required, as well as tact in dealing with the public and staff assigned for supervision. This position also requires the monitoring of appropriated expenditures to support the services under the direct control of the manager. Demonstrating a belief in and developing options for residential, employment, social and leisure opportunities in the community will be a focus. This position is responsible for supervision of one (1) or more team(s)/units(s).
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Licensed Professional Counselor from an accredited university.
- Five years experience in mental health field with background in developmental disabilities and mental illness.
- Supervisory, leadership or administrative experience is desirable.
- Must have licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred.
- Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered.
- Must maintain licensure.
Northern Lakes Community Mental Health (CMH) has been accredited by CARF for a period of three years (through May 2009) for eleven of its...