Northern Louisiana Medical Center Employee Reviews

The hospital is great
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 22, 2016
I love working in fun friendly environments even when the job is serious. The hospital is a wonderful place however the company they use to contract housekeepers could use some work. I worked there previously and was excited about going back but things have yet to change
Pros
Incentive programs
Cons
Short breaks
Run run run
Nursing support staff (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 4, 2016
The morale at NLMC is extremely low. Nurses are overworked & underpaid especially on the 3rd floor which is PCU/Telemetry. There should not be a 6:1 ratio on a Tele floor. The whole floor is basically run by agency nurses. The turnover rate is high. Some of the older nurses treat the new grads terrible. I've seen new grads have break downs in the break room. I wouldn't advise anyone to work here & jeopardize their license. I worked here 1 month as a CNA and it was awful.
Pros
NONE
Cons
6:1 ratio, usually 1 aid to 23 patients, no time for lunch.
Enjoyable and fun environment to work
charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 26, 2015
Great facility to work for,team member approach and everyone works together and look out for one another,management is encouraging and supportive of their employees.Hardest part of the job is keeping every patient satisfied while they are in the hospital.I learn each and every day about how to take care of patients and how to manage time with many patients,how to be a leader and how to be a good nurse.
Productive and rewarding place to work
PRN staff nurse on a progressive care unit (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LouisianaFebruary 20, 2014
Working the Progressive care unit there is never a dull moment. Always on the move. That's what I love about it, no day is every the same
Pleasant place to work
Monitor Tech / Electrocardiogram Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 18, 2014
Everyone is friendly and accepting. I always felt comfortable among my co-workers. Unfortunately, experienced and talented veteran nurses have been forced elsewhere in favor of cheaper, inexperienced new graduates.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some poor managment
Amazing Working place
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 3, 2014
I loved working there and my co workers treated me like family
Okay, but not the best.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 1, 2013
When I arrive I recieve a report about the patient's on my floor: who is total care or self care, npo or clear liquid, total feed or self feed, who needs assistance. Then go to nurse station to find out who has procedures and surgery in the morning so I can give them a bath and make sure the surgery team has all the information they need. Some of my co-workers are amazing and some I could do without but I do my job and go about my business. The hardest part of job is trying to be everywhere at once because a nurse does not want to get up and help with the simplest things. The most enjoyable are the nurse's that are always there to help you out when you're overloaded, they talk to you and the make a hellish shift exciting.
Pros
co-workers that care
Cons
short or no breaks
Fun Workplace
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 29, 2013
Assigned codes to patient accounts as well as facilitated physician clinical documentation in the patient record.
I really enjoyed working there and having the responsibilities that I had.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 9, 2013
I was able to use critical care thinking and able to work along side medical doctors. I was able to monitor IV drips and blood products.
Pros
i was able to use critical care thinking.
Cons
very stressful situations.
Computer Operator
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LADecember 12, 2012
Provided technical support
 Generated financial reports for CFO
 Provided Backups for all the Hospital servers
 Assembled and Printed Bills, Late Payment Notices
My summary preview
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LADecember 5, 2012
A typical I am usually the only aide to 15 to 24 patients depends on census,I work the Med- Surge department , I have been an C.N.A. for 8 years the department I work is basically the unit where the nursing home patients come. the hardest pat of my job, is that we work 12 hours a day with everybody in my ear telling me that someone has to be changed or need something . My coworkers such as my nurses, sometimes they help me with the patients depends on what is going on that day, we are always busy esp. this time of year.The most enjoyable time is the end of the day.around 6pm.
Pros
getting pulled to sit don't have to be on the floor
Cons
12 hour shifts
Social Work Experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 22, 2012
A typical day was completing assessments, doing family interviews, meeting new patients daily, learning how to do what was needed for each and every patient. i learned that my true passion was helping others and saving lives of people. the hardest part of my intern was seeing a patient die, but the easiest part was helping that grieving family cope with the death of a love one.
Fantastic Hospital
Emergency Room Technician and Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LouisianaSeptember 18, 2012
This was a great job and it allowed me the opportunity to see things that one might not see in everyday life. I was able to see from an inside perspective how a hospital operates and all the skill and training that go into the education of a medical professional. It was an amazing experience and I am very thankful for the time that I spent there and to all the staff that helped me to become a better medical professional today.
Pros
great teamwork
An experience
Custodion (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 18, 2012
Was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Working one on one with people everyday was a pleasure of mine.
Pros
i'm a people person.
Cons
nothing
Great place to work for those that do their jobs
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  ruston, laMarch 5, 2012
I liked my job as a housekeeper, but I liked it more when I received recognition for my hard work from the doctors, nurses and head director of department.
Pros
being able to assist others
Cons
no benefits for prn, bad attitude coworkers, schedule conflict with school
Everyone there treats you well, as your family. Very professional place.
Surgical Tech (Former Employee) –  ORAugust 24, 2011
Northern Louisiana Medical Center in the OR. The OR director hired me right out of clinicals. I learned and experienced alot there. My co-workers were always willing to help if needed. Its a professional and seriuos place. You will learn quickly. All your concerns should only be bassed on HIPPA and your patients. If your the type of person that gets scared, panics, or can't take criticism then this job isn't for you.
Pros
professional place
Cons
never knowing when your really suppose to work!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Louisiana Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Louisiana Medical Center Reviews by Location