Northern Tool + Equipment Employee Reviews

northern tool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2017
everyone there was like family most of the time it was easy work we joked around but got things done. It was a great job very slow paced never had to rush to get things done. I loved it !
customer service
Daily Department Merchandising and Stocking (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2017
northern tool is a great place to work. flexible schedule, lunch breaks, friendly co-workers. Customer service was main job, stocking, and inventory control.
Product Placement Lead, Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 7, 2017
I have loved my time with Northern Tool and equipment. I have grown in many ways with the company and am a better manager and leader than I was before I started working here.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Cons
Compensation
Customer focus and fast paced
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 5, 2017
I loved that we as a store had lots of customers and stayed busy all the time. It was boring when there was no customers to help. I enjoy helping people, all we can do is wait til someone walks in needing help from us.
Pros
flexible hours, commision
Cons
small number of employees employed
great place to work, but wages are at the low end, but benefits were very good
Cashier/Merchant Team (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNNovember 29, 2017
When I worked at the Forest Lake store we had a very good team of people who worked there. We all got along, and helped each other out if you were in need of help.
Pros
40 hour weeks 20% employee discount and the benefits
Cons
the pay is not that great, and working a lot of weekends
Fast-paced with a variety of issues to troubleshoot
Associate Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 27, 2017
Typical workday contained its challenges without a dull moment most of the time. I learned much about the fast-paced nature of information technology and everything that happens on a help-desk. Higher management was good, but lower management needed to be sharpened up. The culture was diverse yet complementary, with people of varying backgrounds and skill sets. The hardest part of the job was working with contract restrictions, which greatly increased the workload for the other employees.The most enjoyable job was being able to utilize my hardware and software skills to better the company and strengthen it in several ways.
Pros
Diverse work experience, first-hand look at developing technologies
Cons
Sporadic scheduling, poor management
Good work enviornment
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 13, 2017
Job is laid out to you when you walk in the door. Your work performance is based on you and how much effort you put forward in doing your job. Pay is based on your hard work.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
Fair company
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 10, 2017
Northern Tools was a fair company to work for.It just didn`t have a lot room for growth do to limited employment positions.I could not see myself being successful working there.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2017
You go to work get told to work harder. Get pushed to sell programs to every customer and then told when ones not sold that you didnt try hard enough. Its a job but there isnt and advancement.
Very nice people
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 29, 2017
Pay was ok. You had to sell a lot of make better money. People were very nice and helpful but you reall did have to know about tools and equipment otherwise you’re taking a lot of time to help people with questions.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough training.
N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2017
N/a don't have anything to say good company just little hours less pay good manger great co workers just need to upgrade more money and hours but everything else okay
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22407October 11, 2017
I joined Northern to open and run a new store. It was a lot of fun for me a my associates. I was able to find a super team of associates who worked very hard for me and our store.
The only problem is the "click" in the region, Which most companies seem to have.
Pros
Company lunches for sales rewards
Cons
company clicks
Your standard assembly job
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNOctober 10, 2017
Northern Tool is pretty much your standard assembly job. It's not a hard job to do. They have standard pay and benefits for assembly type company for generators, log spliters, & pressure washers.
Pros
mostly solid work
Cons
the town the company is in is boring
Lack of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Lack of hours working at this company. The commute to and work on the few days I was scheduled to work was entirely too much especially if I was getting off late at night,
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Lack of comunication with some fellow employees.
Northern Tool
Sales Person/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 16, 2017
The assistant manager is Richard. He is a knowledgeable and understanding person. He makes up the schedule and is a fair person. I liked the hours I was scheduled to work.
The discounts and medical was very good,
Not a terrible place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2017
Good place to work but I'm underpaid for
What I do. Store manager chooses to not work so I'm doing things well out of my pay grade to keep the store running
Pros
Free lunches if you win lunch money
Standard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Happy with my position, hard to please customers when they try to take advantage of you. The Customers were not honest sometimes. Too much work sometimes and no too much help
Pros
not applicable
Cons
too much on your shoulders
Good Part time Job
Part time sale rep (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 13, 2017
If you are looking for a flexiable part time job, this is a good place to work if you can get past the managment. Easy hours and decent customer base.
Great company
Director IT (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 7, 2017
The ownership implemented a great culture of life / work balance that is very employee focused. The company has a solid growth history and road-map that positions NTE for a solid future.
Official response from Northern Tool + Equipment
September 11, 2017

Thank you for your review! We are really proud of the culture and work life balance that we have at Northern, so happy to hear that it is recognized and appreciated by our employees.

Pps.
Product Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
All you do is just stock merchandise on throughout the store as much as needed on a daily basis. Dealing with fork lifts, pallet jacks. Good job for a high school student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Tool + Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.