Northern Tool + Equipment

Northern Tool + Equipment Employee Reviews

provide customers with assistance regarding sales
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 6, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Northern Tool and Equipment in Burlington NC since August 2016. I took the job in order to make some extra money and didn't realize that I would truly meet some wonderful people that I will truly miss now that I'm here in Texas. It was truly the best management team that I have ever worked with. They genuinely cared about you and treated you like family. I met a lot of nice customers and enjoyed seeing regulars and learning new things everyday. I truly hope that I will also enjoy my experience working with the people here in Houston.
Fast Pace Production work Percentage based
License Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 6, 2016
A typical day In production 97 to 101 percentile.Racing against the clock made time go by fast. Learned to to drive cherry picker fork-lift with extensive training program.Management was fair and production driven.Liked co-workers met a lot of out of people from out of town. The hardest part of the job was in the first 90 days .The most enjoyable part of the job was working on team.
Pros
Payday on Friday
Cons
Extremely Hot and Humid
Constantly active place with store and regional managers.
PRODUCT PLACEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Like many retail stores, it's a unique experience for customer service. It was as much of a social environment as much as it was a work environment at times.
Pros
Free lunches, fair amount of time off
Cons
Very short breaks, location made out-to-lunch difficult.
A great learning experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 20, 2016
Front face of products throughout the day.
I learned a lot about air compressor, generators, and welding machines.
Management is not too professional in employee performance reviews.
Hardest part is trying to get a customer to buy an extended warranty.
Most enjoyable was meeting new customers.
Good place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNNovember 28, 2016
This is a rather physical job; I found myself doing very repetitive movements with a fairly substantial amount of weight, subsequently creating a variety of physical ailments. Management didn't seem to take into consideration of my age as long as I did the work.I did enjoy the comradery of several other employees, however.
Very creative and challenging. Prepares you for real life job envirement
Tooling Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 30, 2016
Everyday comes with a new set of challenges and opportunities. The employees are a very hard working bunch whom you can trust and learn from, extremely supportive group for one another. All though each day can be extremely challenging technically it also can be stressful with the constant deadlines set forth by customers. Because of these challenges, they have taught me to accept and face the opportunity that lies ahead of me to make me stronger and smarter during my career.
Pros
Great people, great attitude, continued learning of something new
Cons
health care benifits
It's an OK place to work
Product placement specialist full time (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 28, 2017
Northern tool & equipment is an OK place to work but as a product placement specialist they have high expectations they want you to have a full truck unloaded and put out and warehouse cleaned in a day and a half by yourself plus help customers and do carry-outs and they are calling you every 5 minutes on the radio to go do something else which stops you from doing the truck and when it's not done in the time frame they write you up send you home but the managers can leave a truck sitting for four days when you take a vacation when you return to work you have to do the truck in one day and they received it while you were on vacation but they won't touch it till you get back to work then it's your problem So from experience of working there I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone of my friends but that's my opinion if you are applying for sales , cashier,or service tech or assistant manager it's OK
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Expectations are way to high
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Pros, Very stable job. Great benefits. Friendly work environment. Cons, Hours and pay could be better. Little room for advancement. Small company.....
Pros
Very stable job. Great benefits, Friendly work environment.
Cons
Hours and pay could be better. Little room for advancement. Small company.
I have fun everyday!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 27, 2017
Northern Tool is a great place to work. Decent wage with benefits including 401k match of 2.5%. Dental, Medical and vision benefits. Single or family coverage available.
Pros
Have fun everyday
Cons
Will sometimes be sent home before shift is over
Great place to work but NO benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 13, 2016
Working at NTE is great. Nice environment, great coworkers, and as a cashier you can make commission. Only cons would be you work full time hours but unless you're consider FULL TIME you don't get FULL time benefits (ex. Healthcare, Days Off, etc). There is really no way to move up in the system. As a cashier there is a lot of down town and slow moments. Also, with NTE being a smaller store it's hard to get off days and they have set hours either morning shift or night shift. No in between.
Pros
Laid Back Environment, Great Team Members
Cons
No insurance, Hard to get off days you need, lil opportunity to move up
Great place to work.
Trainer/Forklift Operator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Overall Northern Tool is a great place to work. With every company, there are good managers and bad managers. My overall work experience there was great.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Some of the management is dishonest.
Great workplace. Small staff and awesome management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Working at Northern Tool was truly a blessed experience for me. Although I was only there for a short time, that job definitely tought me some core values and help better my customer service experience. The daily staff never really got above about 9 people which made it a more personal working environment. Hard work is really appreciated there and they take no hesitation when praising a job well done.
Pros
Decent Pay, Flexible Hours, Cool Enviroment, Awesome Management
Cons
overall 4 out of 5 stars
"Tools" running this store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 6, 2016
This was a fun place to work, Management was very "mean girl" like and they were all men!! They are very rude to the employees, talk about them behind their backs and even as far as making fun of them. Whatever they could do to make themselves feel better. They would give men the raises and promotions all the while the girls get nothing. Northern Tool is a great place to work, the management and training at this location is a joke! You would be better off being unemployed than beat down by these clowns!!!
Pros
Great Company Values
Cons
Managment
Parts and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2016
Good place to work, Good benefits. Good amount of vacation time. Great co-workers. Good Benefits 401 K, Medical, Dental, Vision, std/ltd, life, vacation time, accidental, cancer, and critical illness. Flexible spending accounts.
Pros
401K, Benefits, Vacation time
Non Corporate Corporationq
Operations Support Coordinator / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 4, 2017
NTE is a great place to work. Everyone is supportive and there is advancement encouragement and possibilities. The culture is one that is relaxing and comfortable.
Pros
Job / Life balance
Productive Work enviornment
Sales Representative-Retail (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 14, 2016
Northern Tool Supply is a great company to work for and they are very understanding. The management is well organized and extremely helpful when it comes to getting the job done.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
Retail Hours
Fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 19, 2017
It was a fun job and interesting and nice to learn the things I did so I can be more "independent". Management at my particular store was good and upselling extra items you were noticed and praised for, not ignored.
Very good management there
Product Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 17, 2017
Great company and managers. Compensation was poor and there was no room for any advancement. Store manager was great to work for.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
poor pay
Great Enviorment
Sr. System Analyst Lvl II H/W Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 6, 2016
Great fast paced enviorment, the room for advancment is always avlaiable, but the benifets, discounts, and experiecne is great overal.

It's a Corp. enviorment which demands you to do your best.
You challange yourself to exceed your limits.
Ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2016
The Company is great. The Store, employees and products are good. The Store Manager; previous and current; creates a fair bit of turnover.
Pros
Good Company, hours good.
Cons
The Store Manager has no people skills at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Tool + Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.