Northern Tool + Equipment

Northern Tool + Equipment Employee Reviews

Happy environment
SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE, CASHIER, MERCHANDIZE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Go to work with good attitude. Work well with co-workers. Complete all duties. Getting on the ladder with heavy items in your hands. Meeting all kinds of people.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Healthcar
Northern
QUALITY CONTROL TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Arlington txMay 7, 2015
It started off looking like a promising job with plenty advancement but that came to a fast Holt you wont make it into management based off your skills , job loves to hire outside the company
Pros
Easy work, Great Hours
Cons
Horrible management team /hr department
Productive and Very well ran
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 3, 2015
I wish i still worked at Northern Tool. I loved everyone i worked with, and i felt like they were my second family.Everyone at work focused on the task at hand and stayed productive. The only reason i had to leave was because i moved out of state.
good enployer
Order Puller and Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNApril 14, 2015
pick orders and bring them to the packaging line, unload trucks and enter information into the system, stock item in warehouse locations
A typical retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 26, 2015
Northern is a typical retail environment. It is smaller than some of the large stores such as best buy and Walmart, but with that comes more responsibility and the same amount of pay. I have worked there as part time and I do the same amount of work if not more than the full time employees but I do not get payed commission like they do. Its a good job for students, or a person in between jobs, but not as a career.
Serious workplace with associates at this facility
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 28, 2015
Doing security at Northern Tool and Equipment is a leadership responsibility. I learn how to work with my officers as a team. I deal with associates everyday by processing them in and out every day. We monitored cameras as well on the property. We do public relations with customers as well as customer service. We do clerical paperwork that compares with administration and clerk work. We also input data work into the computer system. we do mainly loss prevention.
worst job I ever had
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 15, 2015
I worked at Northern Tool in Florida and yes , my co-workers were happy to see me when I walked in, that was because they had enough and was ready to leave. No one really cared about any employees. The managers liked you as long as you came in to cover someone's shift. When it came time to promote you, it didn't happen. Pay was crappie, raises were an insult. This was the worst job I ever had. I gave no notice when I left because they didn't deserve one and I would never work there again.
Pros
there is no pros
Cons
raises are an insult
hard work and no appreciaton
stocker and Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 7, 2015
no matter how hard you worked the manager never gave you a "hey you're doing good, keep up the hard work". The managers were always late. I opened so I was scheduled to go in at 6:00 AM and I cant tell you how many times I sat out there from anywhere from 20 mins-1 hour. Waiting for a manager to get there to open the store.
Pros
learned how to drive a forklift
Cons
managers
Loved my Co-workers
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management. I would run the cash register, out the stock up, and sale the equipment.
Lead Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 18, 2014
A typical day at work is usually busy and helping a lot of customers. I have learned more patience and stronger organizational skills. The hardest part of my day would have to be some customers, however through my years of experience I have learned how to keep myself composed and effectively help the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is also the customers and getting to interact with a variety of people.
first experience in a warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 4, 2014
just go in and get to work
how to operate Crown and Raymond lift trucks
friendly and respectful
got along great
making production
learning an entirely new trade
Pros
good hours, pay and benefits
Cons
installed new system that cost many employees their jobs
Call Center Oppotunity in High Volume Customer Service Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 26, 2014
As a customer service representative, I was responsible for providing customers with excellent service entering, returning, or exchanging orders within Northern Tool's own database.
Pros
learning opportunities in sales and the construction field.
Cons
little room for advancement, overly micromanaged, the orders entry database.
fun place with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
awesome environment to work at, very personable, added commission helps push employees to work harder
Company that is trying to expand without changing
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 11, 2014
Northern Started as a family owned company and they are trying to keep that. Unfortunately as they grow the idea isnt working that well anymore
Very fast paced environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2014
Retail can be very fast paced and demanding. I enjoy management and had a great time managing the store.
constant pushing from management
Customer Service/Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2014
you get training from the training store to do it the northern way, each store is in competition with each other to get their numbers.
Pros
training, breaks
Cons
no benifets
ok
machinest (Former Employee) –  Mio, MIJuly 31, 2014
was not a bad place to work management was ok i liked my co workers
always busy whitch I like and a set schedule
Customer Service Rep/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 27, 2014
Answering phone for customer care and support. When I was a floor supervisor it was a good feeling to know you could help others. I learned patience and communication skills. The biggest issue I had was the lack of the managements help. I enjoyed the fact that when you could help a customer with thier concerns it was a good feeling after you hung up the call with them.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
people you work with were not helpful or friendly
A summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 9, 2014
I worked a summer job at Northern Tool - it wasn't bad. There was more respect than at a traditional big-box store.
Not a company to commit to as a career
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 28, 2014
There are no chances given for employees to advance at anytime. The company shows no remorse for a second chance at employment for the rest of your life. You are bound to hard work and very little pay and respect from this company no matter how much of a good worker you are.
Pros
dinners and giveaways
Cons
bad benefits, unclean, unloyal, and bad health regulations