Northern Tool + Equipment Employee Reviews

Northern Tool and Equipment
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 9, 2017
They provide a fast paced environment that offers a decent work/life balance. This said the financial compensation is below average. The manufacturing plant is seen as the forgotten stepchild my most at the corporate office as well.
August 15, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding compensation and have forwarded them on to our HR/Compensation and leadership teams.

Very fun place to work at
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 7, 2017
very fun place to work at, not much room for advancement but not very hard. supervisers were fair and treated employees fairly, very easy to work there
August 15, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Northern!

great place to work
Assistant Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
really fun place to work it very enjoyable for most of the week benefits are really good but are pricey pay is what you would expect depending on what your job title is
very childish
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 3, 2017
Managers often treated employee with little respect and like children.. last minute mandatory overtime scheduling.. breaks are too be spent in the warehouse. only allowed to go outside of warehouse during lunch
Very stressful
Service Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 27, 2017
A very stressful unorganized managed branch to work at company is great but management is not !!! Always back tracking never enough people working a branch where you have to fill two different shoes at the same time , manager is very aggressive and does not know how to talk to people !
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Short breaks
Very fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 25, 2017
The employees and managers are very good. It was a blast to work there. Everything was nice and clean and very well stocked everyday. the best part of the job was stocking the shelves and having competition during the work day
Pros
Managers
Cons
some employees
great sales training
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
This place of business was a great layout for me to see how a medium sized business operated there were many logistical moves that had to be made may days prior in order for the store to create revenue on the sales floor
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
little pay
July 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are always trying to ensure our employees get the training they need in the field, so am happy to hear positive comments about the sales training.

Loved this company
Accounting Operations Analyst-AP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 19, 2017
Great work environment. Owners really put a lot of effort in keeping employees engaged and feeling as part of the team. Pay could be a little better for all. People I worked with were awesome!
Pros
Owners were awesome
August 15, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here at Northern! The owners really do care about the employees, so we love to hear that our employees notice and feel appreciated.

Its okay..
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2017
Northern tool has provided me with steady work snd great friendships with customers. Sometimes the boss can be out of hand with his attutide. I greet all guest, providing great customers service to all guest.
Pros
401k, paid vacations, paid sick, paid personal days
Cons
Short breaks, Unprofessional management
July 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your feedback with our retail leadership team and with Human Resources. If you would like to provide more feedback,please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Pretty Laid Back Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2017
Overall the company is great! The pay was also really nice. The only thing I will say is that we were extremely shorthanded and it made for extremely hectic shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short handed
July 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Northern but I am sorry to hear that your store was understaffed. I will relay this message to the Regional Sales Manager that supports the El Paso store. Thanks again!

Fun place to work
Lead/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 1, 2017
Although Northern Tool is a company i no longer work for i enjoy working for this company. This company have giving out plenty of overtime. One thing i enjoy about the company is the family setting .
July 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Northern Tool.

team work,motivator
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator/assembly (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 18, 2017
focus on what's important and that's getting the job done right.. being safe while working but also brighten people around me up because i love seeing people smile and making them laugh..
Run before it's too late!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 15, 2017
The management at Northern don't care about their employees. When something goes on at home or you need to leave they are more concerened about you staying at work and give the guilt trip. It's not an ideal place to work for.
Pros
Sometimes get free lunches, co-workers are amazing!
Cons
Hardly able to get time off.
July 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us. I will pass your feedback on to our Customer Service management team.

very good place to work
mold tech (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 14, 2017
the culture is relaxed time flies when you are working good people to work with it can get really hot there during the summer but it is barable you can learn alot and management is alright
Pros
relax place to work
Cons
hot
Stressfull
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2017
worked under stress all the time, some days it was a enjoyable place to work but most of the time there was a lot of pressure to check out units and management would make promises to customers with out checking with the shop to see what we had promised to customers.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
good benefits
July 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our retail leadership team.

Loved my team
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 9, 2017
It can get very busy but I could always count on my team to help me out if I have a line.Management are always fun. They make you life. It feels like a big family.
Pros
Great people, benefits are good and, customers are great.
Cons
Not stable hours and, have to work on some holidays.
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJune 5, 2017
Great place to work. Great hours, great crew to work with. A lot of work to be done. Clean warehouse to work in. Office staff is knowledgeable. And respectful.
July 12, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Northern. We will pass your feedback on to our team in Faribault.

Nightmare
Professional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 5, 2017
Don't work at the Ocala store if TB is still the store manager. Worst management team you'll ever encounter. Gives raises of 9 cents if he doesn't like you even though you do a good job. You must kiss his rear if you are to go any where at this pathetic store. Sad part is the regional manager does nothing to correct the problem and turns a blind eye. Used to be ok to work there til the Daddy turned the business over to the kids. They cut part-time commisions, sick days, and vacation days. Typical corporate American greed. Beg on the streets before taking this insulting job in Ocala.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
degrading, condensending manager Todd
July 12, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our Ocala location. This certainly is not the norm at Northern. We take this feedback very seriously . We appreciate you sharing with us and will pass it on to the retail operations/leadership team.

A company like any other
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 25, 2017
If you need a job and can do the job, this is better than working at walmart or a gas station. Sadly, management plays favorites quite a bit and if you associate with anyone they don't particularly like they will cut your hours and punish you for it. Customers are great there. Most of the other employees are great too. It's a great company and you learn something new every day, sadly management makes it so you hate your job.
Friendly caring atmosphere.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 11, 2017
Friendly staff that make you feel part of the team right away. Management is very approachable and understanding, they care about their employees. Work can be very slow at times and get boring. Hours are sometimes shorted because they aren't very busy. Full time is hard to get as well.
Pros
Friendly, caring management
Cons
Mostly only part time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Tool + Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.