Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

Productive and good place to be.
File/Records Clerk (Former Employee), Chcago,ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to be at.
Cons: It was a temp. position, wish I was still there
Enjoyed everything about the job it was simple and I enjoyed. I enjoyed the people, my Boss, the facilities. Everything was great.
I liked working at the Bank.
Second Vice President (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
I liked working at the bank for all the years. They had good benefits. I was a computer programmer. I was on call 24 hours a day and 7 day a week.
Productive environment with extensive client focus
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Family oriented environment with little to no interaction from upper management due to my knowledge, skills and expertise while managing the team.
Cons: I currently dont have any backup on the team that can assist myself, I am constantly working overtime to cover my team and myself
On a daily basis my responsibilities include managing the workflow of a team of 20 junior and senior client auditors. The bulk of the work being performed is based on fund statements being received, priced, – more... trades processed and audited for accuracy. All of the client auditors have a client deadline they must meet on a monthly basis with all escalation and inquiries being raised to myself for clarification. I am the lead liaison for client interaction and research as well as the lead trainer for all client auditors within the department. My management style is hands on with constant interaction for my client auditors while assisting them when needed with their audits. Since I have worked for this organization for 10 years and began my career as a junior auditor and worked my way to management...I am understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the need for assistance. The best part of my job is hearing my clients and client auditors express that I have helped them to achieve a goal and knowing that I am their "go to" person. – less
na
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
northern trust is a good company to work with, good environment, in fracture, culture and nice location amazing colleges and nice management
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Fixed Income Operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
Worked with knowledgeable and educated co-workers. The job was challenging and enjoyable. Managers were verify experienced and great to work for.
productive
Teradata Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Work Life Balance
Full Stack Developer/Technical Architect (Current Employee), Chicago IlMay 27, 2015
Work Life Balance is good. But technologies are pretty obsolete and there is a lot of politics.Overall a nice company to work for.
Productive workplace
Personal Banker/Lobby Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, MOMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: No opportunity for advancement
great job culture, good to staff, gets lots of training when necessary. excellent when it comes to time management and not a lot of pressure of employees which is a plus.
good place to work
Weblogic Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
Good team to work with. Nice to work with the manager and the team. Team leadership very understandable. Working at this company helped me in furthering my professional skills and interpersonal skills.
Good, stable
Senior Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2015
Stable, strong company. Ability to grow and move. Work from home options. Good work life balance. I would recommend company.
Excellent Corporation
Securities Technician (Former Employee), Chciago, IllinoisApril 5, 2015
Outstanding wealth management company with excellent benefit and good place to work. I really would like to work there again, but job are being shipped to India and Arizona.
4 out of 5
team leader fx dept (Current Employee), NJApril 2, 2015
i am a very hard worker get my days work done on time and also help my co work with there daily activity complete,I also have 4 staff member working under my supervision
Like a rock
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A stable and considerate environment, the kind of place you come to work if you want to know you'll have a career and future tomorrow and for the next few years.
A typical day at work
ACH Investigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work involved monitoring, processing, researching and resolving Automated Clearing House (ACH), inquiries received internally and externally from numerous banks and credit unions within a timely manner.
Alternative Assets Middle Office review
Sr. Investment Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
I worked in the Middle Office for the Private Equity and Hedge Funds of Funds team. Northern Trust is an old company with it's management and employees not fans of change. It's great if you want a secure job and are willing to be a yes man. In my opinion there are better companies out there to work for.
Great opportunity, company culture
MUTUAL FUND ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 2, 2015
Great Opportunity
Excellent benefits and employee programs
Gained lot of knowledge about the trading market
Good perks
Good manager
Good work life balance
Tea Oriented Environment
Process Analyst/Transfer Agency Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
-Good work life balance
-Slightly lower compensation
-Fast paced and challenging environment
-Can advance quickly depending on what department you are in
Very enjoyable company
Divisional Assistant, Check Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Scanned checks into database to be routed to particular departments. Prepared outdated documents for storage, organized files, archived documents, distributed mail, balanced market values for K-1 reports. Filed, faxed, photocopied and ordered department supplies.
Informatica Consultant
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
• Involved in Requirement Analysis, ETL Design and Development for extracting the data from various sources like Oracle, VSAM files, Flat files.
• Responsible for developing complex Informatica mappings – more... using different types of transformations like UNION transformation, LOOKUP transformations, Router, Filter, Aggregator, Expression and Update strategy transformations for Large volumes of Data.
• Developed mappings to load large amount of data from different sources to staging area, mappings for load the data from staging area to Dimension and Daily/MonthlyFacts.
• Implemented slowly changing dimension Type 1 andType 2 for Change data capture.
• Developed Health check processto do post load validation.
• Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and performance related issues.
• Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse
• Analyzed Source to Stage and Stage to Target mapping document based on Facts & Dimensions and validating the DDL, Counts, Not Nulls, Duplicates, PK & FK validation, business rules to be applied on target tables.
• Tested loading of various source data (IM, ST, ALS, RMS, Loanserve) to Pre-Staging, Staging, Data Store, Dimensions Facts target Oracle systems.
• Involved in creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Execution based on mapping specs to validate the platform data.
• Used TOAD for Oracle in creating & executing SQL queries for testingETL process.
• Tested Full load & Incremental load by entering the sample test data to couple of entities and making sure Inserts & Updates of loading the data is done correctly.
• Validated Type II SCD for loading current and history of Customer, Instrument, Address, Dealer, Product dimensions based on the natural key.
• Used Quality Center 11.0 as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
• Followed Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in QC.
• Prepared Traceability Matrix for each entity and marking down Test requirement, Test Head line, Actual result & Expected result.
• Implemented Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and following parallel development and testing – less
Vice President Risk and Compliance (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great organization
Cons: difficult career advancement
Northern is a good place to work, but career advancement in the field that I am in is difficult. While the core business of the organization is in management of assets, my area of concentration has been in banking operations, which has made it difficult for career advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, – Read more

Northern Trust Corp. Salaries

Operations Analyst
$40,000 per year

Northern Trust Corp. Photos

Celebrating our 125th Anniversary, August 12, 2014
Visit our Careers Site for information about Northern Trust and search all jobs.
Our 2014 summer interns spent time volunteering at Greater the Chicago Food Depository.