Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust Corp. Employee Reviews

Excellent Corporation
Securities Technician (Former Employee), Chciago, IllinoisApril 5, 2015
Outstanding wealth management company with excellent benefit and good place to work. I really would like to work there again, but job are being shipped to India and Arizona.
4 out of 5
team leader fx dept (Current Employee), NJApril 2, 2015
i am a very hard worker get my days work done on time and also help my co work with there daily activity complete,I also have 4 staff member working under my supervision
Like a rock
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
A stable and considerate environment, the kind of place you come to work if you want to know you'll have a career and future tomorrow and for the next few years.
A typical day at work
ACH Investigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work involved monitoring, processing, researching and resolving Automated Clearing House (ACH), inquiries received internally and externally from numerous banks and credit unions within a timely manner.
Alternative Assets Middle Office review
Sr. Investment Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
I worked in the Middle Office for the Private Equity and Hedge Funds of Funds team. Northern Trust is an old company with it's management and employees not fans of change. It's great if you want a secure job and are willing to be a yes man. In my opinion there are better companies out there to work for.
Great opportunity, company culture
MUTUAL FUND ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 2, 2015
Great Opportunity
Excellent benefits and employee programs
Gained lot of knowledge about the trading market
Good perks
Good manager
Good work life balance
Tea Oriented Environment
Process Analyst/Transfer Agency Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
-Good work life balance
-Slightly lower compensation
-Fast paced and challenging environment
-Can advance quickly depending on what department you are in
Very enjoyable company
Divisional Assistant, Check Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Scanned checks into database to be routed to particular departments. Prepared outdated documents for storage, organized files, archived documents, distributed mail, balanced market values for K-1 reports. Filed, faxed, photocopied and ordered department supplies.
Informatica Consultant
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
• Involved in Requirement Analysis, ETL Design and Development for extracting the data from various sources like Oracle, VSAM files, Flat files.
• Responsible for developing complex Informatica mappings using different types of transformations like UNION transformation, LOOKUP transformations, Router, Filter, Aggregator, Expression and Update strategy transformations for Large volumes of Data.
• Developed mappings to load large amount of data from different sources to staging area, mappings for load the data from staging area to Dimension and Daily/MonthlyFacts.
• Implemented slowly changing dimension Type 1 andType 2 for Change data capture.
• Developed Health check processto do post load validation.
• Responsible for Defining Mapping parameters and variables and Session parameters according to the requirements and performance related issues.
• Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse
• Analyzed Source to Stage and Stage to Target mapping document based on Facts & Dimensions and validating the DDL, Counts, Not Nulls, Duplicates, PK & FK validation, business rules to be applied on target tables.
• Tested loading of various source data (IM, ST, ALS, RMS, Loanserve) to Pre-Staging, Staging, Data Store, Dimensions Facts target Oracle systems.
• Involved in creation of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Execution based on mapping specs to validate the platform data.
• Used TOAD for Oracle in creating & executing SQL queries for testingETL process.
• Tested Full load & Incremental load by entering – more... the sample test data to couple of entities and making sure Inserts & Updates of loading the data is done correctly.
• Validated Type II SCD for loading current and history of Customer, Instrument, Address, Dealer, Product dimensions based on the natural key.
• Used Quality Center 11.0 as test management tool to manage and organize Requirements Coverage, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Creation of defects.
• Followed Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in QC.
• Prepared Traceability Matrix for each entity and marking down Test requirement, Test Head line, Actual result & Expected result.
• Implemented Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and following parallel development and testing – less
Vice President Risk and Compliance (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great organization
Cons: difficult career advancement
Northern is a good place to work, but career advancement in the field that I am in is difficult. While the core business of the organization is in management of assets, my area of concentration has been in banking operations, which has made it difficult for career advancement.
Day to day activities
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist users while balancing an array of tasks. I have the opportunity to help other colleagues when I have free time.
Great organization with mostly good people
none (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Solid organization however dated technology and a culture of internal networking challenges ones ability to actually get work done.
Opportunity to grow, but slow to adopt new technology
VP (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: limited exposure to new technolgies
Company is set to grow and evolve along with the financial industry. Northern Trust is slow to adopt new technology and can be set in their ways of doing things
Very good
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Learned a lot from the projects I worked for. The client manager was very helpful and was supportive during my tenure.
Low compensation and below average culter
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Nothing good to say about the company besides their donations to different foundations and charities.
Northern trust is a very good company to work for .
Data Entry Clerk/Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago ILJanuary 4, 2015
I really enjoy working for Northern Trust Company. I got a chance to learn alot about the company. I would really like to work for this company again.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Account Relationship Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 22, 2014
Great staff, great company, great clients. A typical day was spent servicing clients with their banking and loan needs. I learned a great deal about Private Banking, including those client's deposit and loan needs.
nice work environment
Senior Portfolio Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
I worked with all women management did not support family life while I was working for them
Good company, good value proposition, some great people.
Sr. Vice President/Director of Client Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
Organization's founding principles still severe Clients and employees alike after over 125 years. Paternal, collaborative culture where decision making authority is difficult to ascertain. Ethical, hard-working employees who are zealous Client advocates.
Decent Company to Work for.
Pension Fund Accountant- Large Corporate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2014
Work with elite clients that are very demanding on a daily basis. Good learning experiences. Company encourages networking and relationship building. Work-life balance is good (in most areas). Pay is decent but could be better.

1 2 3 4 5

About Northern Trust Corp.

Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, – Read more

Northern Trust Corp. Salaries

Processor
$30,000 per year

Northern Trust Corp. Photos

Celebrating our 125th Anniversary, August 12, 2014
Visit our Careers Site for information about Northern Trust and search all jobs.
Our 2014 summer interns spent time volunteering at Greater the Chicago Food Depository.