Northern Virginia Community College

Northern Virginia Community College Employer Reviews

Learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 6, 2014
• Responsible for inbound and outbound phone calls
• Assisting students in scheduling appointments
• Working with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, & Outlook Email)
• Responsible for keeping track of all documentation and data entries
• Directed inbound calls to the proper department
Customer services professional with four years of experience within the food service industry.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: serious address with problem at-hand
Cons: no-cons
Cordial, friendly personality who is energetic when responding to problems. Emphasis on efficiently completing the task and providing excellent customer service. Well rounded, with a variety of professional experience. Work well independently or as part of a team. Dependable problemsolver with positive outlook.
Adjunct Professor- Biology
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Annandale, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Wonderful and productive experience instructing general biology to undergraduate students
Secure Job
Grant Program Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: long christmas break!!!! two weeks
Cons: most employees have
The biggest advantage to working for NOVA is security. Once someone passes their one year probation it is nearly impossible to get rid of them. That being said you will find a lot of people who care very little about their job and even more who feel customer service is not necessary. I have been at NOVA for three years and have had wonderful management – more... but have also seen at the higher levels the management is less than stellar. – less
Great first job
Information Technology Help Desk representative (Former Employee), Annandale VAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: part time job
I was a helpdesk representative and had to opportunity to work with the system and network engineers directly. Great learning experience.
Admine
Administrative Assistant Training (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 30, 2013
It was great training I ever got, as like real life work : what you need improve for your life and get better job .
Great college work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 23, 2013
Productive and great place to work
Bosses were really nice, and communication was good
Learned to multitask
Disciplined work environment with productive workforce
Information Technology Internship (Former Employee), Annandale, VADecember 23, 2013
it was just an internship at NVCC but the few days spent was awesome and amazing.

It is really a workplace with competitive advocate, and a challenged response team-oriented co-workers.
Great Place to work
Information Technology Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Manassas, VADecember 5, 2013
NVCC Manassas Campus is a great place to work. The campus is small and the campus community is tight knit. The administration does not micromanage and allows professors a level of professional freedom in how they choose to teach their classes.

There are always plenty of opportunities for professional development and it is strongly encouraged the professor – more... take part. – less
Positive working environment
Trainer Instructor - Loudoun Testing Center (Current Employee), Sterling, VANovember 11, 2013
I enjoy being part of a team in an academic setting. I have the opportunity to interact with students of all ages from all over the world.
Typical Office Politics
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee), VirginiaOctober 25, 2013
Working for NOVA is no different that working in most other organizations. Promotions are typically who you know versus what you know. The beauty of working for a state agency is job security, great benefits, and an overall casual working environment.
energizing students, creative environment, supportive management
ESL Instructor (Current Employee), Annandale, VA and Sterling, VAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: supportive management
Cons: no healthcare or benefits
Energizing students, a creative environment, and supportive management make this a good place to work.
NVCC TUTOR
English Tutor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, fellow tutors could help with work
Cons: late evenings
I loved working here! SO many wonderful people came through our doors, management was wonderful and my co workers were my peers and friends. LOVED IT!
fun workplace
IT Help-Desk Technician (Former Employee), Annandale, VASeptember 26, 2013
co-workers are super nice, very healthy environment to work in.
Its a baby United Nations
I.T Operations Technician Co-op (Former Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 25, 2013
Working at NVCC will introduce you every person from ever country. For me this was a good thing, NVCC loves diversity and celebrate it to the fullest.
Productive and hard working
Assistant Bursar (Former Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 2, 2013
I learn quickly and easy going. I work well with others. Great with networking and forming business relationships to bring on new customers as well as employees.
productive and fun work place
Material Management Office - Intern (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 23, 2013
I learned American business there. I got chance to learn to new envoronment. It was awasome place to work. I learned government procurement law.
Good learning enviorment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: college enviorment
Cons: health care
Helping students with troubleshooting and directory. I learned various things about computer programs and talking with authority. Management and coworkers and very educated and polite. There is no hard part of this job because this is what I love to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do my homework and work at the same time.
Excellent work environment
Teacher's Assistant/English Tutor (Former Employee), Loudoun, VAAugust 13, 2013
The work environment is excellent. Roles and duties are clearly defined. The interactive environment lead to the growth of knowledge for the students. Very easy going and fun environment along with obtaining the job goals in time.
Great working environment
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 5, 2013
A typical work day involved my assistance for students who required help with the computers in the lab. Keeping the computer lab and stations cleaned was also a part of the daily duties. I learned multiple features about the computer as well as the computer applications. Management was great and my co-workers we great to work with. I really did not – more... face any challenges working at this job, and I really enjoyed having the opportunity to assist students with the functions of the computers. – less

1 2 3