Northern Virginia Community College Employee Reviews

Excellent faculty support
ESL Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 19, 2015
This is by far the best institution I have ever taught with. There is excellent faculty support. The only drawback is from the lack of job security which is the nature of being an adjunct faculty. You can not always teach the same hours each term.
Excellent work environment.
Instructor/ Trainer (Current Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 15, 2015
I was offered this opportunity as a recommendation by my instructors. It was a great honor to join the team. The only thing I would wish for is a better compensation and some benefits.
Great
Librarian (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 5, 2015
If you have your high school diploma, Everest College can help you gain the technical skills you need to begin the kind of career you've always wanted.
the most enjoyable part of the work place is team work and their support
Circulation desk assistant (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 2, 2015
Great, friendly work place with supportive and caring environment. wonderful customer service and fun team work work with co-workers.
Great position to develop yourself and wonderful workplace.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Free food and merchandise on days or events. Uniforms are always provided.
Cons: Typically the position lasts for three semesters.
As an ambassador I learned so much about my capabilities and how well I worked individually and in group projects. The job helps you grow and develop skills to use in daily life situations and continue to use in the future. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and gaining experience in the work field. Management is awesome because they are willing to work around your schedule. Education always came first and they were willing to work around your class schedule. Overall, working as a student ambassador was more of a benefit to the employee.
Full of a diverse group of individuals
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Annandale, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: schedules
A environment full of students and staff. Where the overall goal is to grow in your individual studies. Equipment being down is unacceptable to do the high demand of computers by students.
Feel like an outside family
Student success Officce assistant (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAJuly 18, 2015
Working here is just fun. My position make me be in permanent contact with students and it is rewarding to have an immediate feedback on the job you do. It is probably the most enjoyable part of my job. Besides, co workers are extremely friendly and supportive. The learning experience increased significantly with the co workers assistance
Learning something new almost everyday
IT Help desk/Technician Intern (Former Employee), 6699 springfield drive Springfield VaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: hour lunch brakes
Cons: siting in a office for 7-8hours
Beside being a college of future nurses and doctors(computer illiterate) on a day to day basis the staff and students had easy computer problems fixes and repairs.
NOVA has a wonderful benefits package
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2015
I did not work here long, but they were constantly changing for the better. NOVA used all the latest equipment. My supervisor was extremely friendly.
Never a dull moment!
Library Specialist II (Current Employee), Annandale VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Tuition assistance for staff; Excellent work/life balance
Cons: Not much of a career path for classified staff.
Students are the heart and soul of a college campus. NVCC has a great group of students - full of energy and fun. There is a lot of energy at the campus. It's great.
Productive and good for educators looking for academic freedom
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee), Annandale, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Pleasent location, classes and people.
Cons: No benefits for adjuncts
NVCC is a great place to work with wonderful faculty and staff. It would be not so great to be an adjunct, but for fulltime faculty has so much benefit and job security there.
A way to get started if you want to get into education
Technology Trainer and Instructor (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good way to get in if you plan on becoming a teacher or want to work in education.
Cons: Hard to get a job.
Great place to work, great environment if you like teaching.
Benefits are good for full time.
Not much in ways of advancement or compensation.
I enjoyed working here, but pay is not significant!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 17, 2015
This is a great place to work while you are attending school. NVCC has great work hours.In this particular office you are responsible for managing phone lines.
bad management
Mail Specialist (Current Employee), Annadale, VAApril 16, 2015
Once senior management turned over, no previous expected advancements were offered. Therefore, I did not receive the promotion promised. And, they discontinued sending me to classes and training required for this position.
Best Place to work at
Policy Planning Specialist I (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 6, 2015
Great place to work at. Everyone treats you like family and you get to meet very inspiring people. They work with your schedule so it is very easy to balance work/life.
I enjoy teaching
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 25, 2015
Multitasking.
Learned to deal with students from different culture and background
My co worker thinks i am a team player.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with uncooperative student.
The most enjoyable part of my job is student ootcomes
Language lab Assistant (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 17, 2015
A productive and fun place to work. NVCC offers flexibility. Employees have the chance to share interests and express ideas freely.
Excellent oportunity
English, Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 16, 2015
Northern Virginia Community College is a great place for students of all ages. Who would not like to work there?! The hardest part of the job is knowing that this is one of the best jobs in the world and that the younger generations will some day want a shot at the same opportunity.
Fun position
Ceramics lab Technician (Former Employee), Annandale, VAMarch 10, 2015
I worked by helping the lab responsible by preparing the lab for students. Making glazes, clays and taking care of kilns. Sometimes I was very dirty after working but I was enjoying these moments
great place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), AlexandriaMarch 4, 2015
Working in the liberal arts department was a great experience. The co-workers are friendly and helpful. They showed me how beautiful it is to work in a peaceful environment where people care about everyone.