Northern Virginia Community College

Northern Virginia Community College Employer Reviews

Great Rewarding education
Full Time College Student (Former Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 14, 2014
Great Rewarding education

I invite you to explore the many educational opportunities available at Northern Virginia Community College. NOVA is a great place to get a degree, earn credits and transfer them to a four-year institution, enhance your career or learn something new. At NOVA, quality education is affordable and accessible to everyone.
On call, stressful
Assault Coordinator (Current Employee), Annandale, VASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: on call all the time, stressful
On a typical day, I am on call all the time to respond to reports of assault and domestic violence.
Bad Management
Administrative & Office Specialist-II (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: reimbursement of your 6 credit hours tuition fee.
Cons: no budget
I want to share with everyone. What NVCC are doing these days, they will hire you but they will not give you hours that we don't have budget so why are you hiring people and make their difficult .
Strong On-Line Experience
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 21, 2014
I love teaching on-line and this job is a fully on-line platform. Terms are various lengths; I normally teach 8 week sessions, but also some 16 week sessions. 8 week sessions can be a lot of work, but students love them.

Strong support for you from college and division.
Productive and fun working place
Trainer and Instructor I (Former Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 15, 2014
Its a place were you could be productive and fun working place.
Fast faced fun environment
Education Support Specialist (Current Employee), Annandale, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lots of downtime, paid break, closed for holidays
Cons: benefits, advancement
Spend the day answering phone calls and emails, but the staff and management make the job enjoyable. No room for advancement and there is no leg up on the competition for applying for other jobs within the college. Capped at 29 hours, which is unfortunate, but you get over it.
excellent place to be
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: oh! now and then there are free breakfast feast . especially mondays.
Cons: yes the break is very short, like 20 min
I enjoy working their except there are no room for growth. Doing admission pack and tracking student information and finding his record and answering student questions are the most important part of the work.
Helpful area
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Alexandria,VAJune 22, 2014
Helpful place to start learning how to interact with people. Small duties to be fulfilled
NOVA Life
Office Manager (Former Employee), AnnandaleJune 20, 2014
Pros: people and culture
I enjoyed my time there as an employee, the people are really nice and down to earth. However, I worked part-time there as a student and can't speak to pay or benefits.
Good benefits, horrible management
Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 10, 2014
The work environment was very toxic. The benefits were very good.
Large, Growing Institution with Quality People
Corporate Education Manager (Current Employee), Annandale, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: organizational structure
My typical day is self scheduled, with phone calls, meetings, proposal writing, presentations and emails.

What I have learned is primarily the organization's offerings, structure, order of operation and processes,

Management are some of the best leaders I have ever worked for.

My co-workers are friendly.

The hardest part of the job is in the back – more... office processing and support limitations, which inhibits the organization's progress.

The most enjoyable part of the job is in the interaction with people and in promoting the organization, as well as spear-heading impactful initiatives. – less
A great place to learn about Higher Education
College Transfer Credit Evaluation Coordinator (Current Employee), Annandale, VAMay 22, 2014
NOVA provides the tools, atmosphere and skills that are needed to advanced inside and outside of the classroom.
Taught A Variety Of College Level Courses
Professor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 22, 2014
Taught courses at the college level. Mainly in Psychology, Substance Abuse and Group Dynamics.
Good first job location
Computer Operations Tech I (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2014
Cons: no health care and only a part time position
Verified all faculty and staff websites to ensure the sites were active, up to date, and valid for Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) compliance. Worked with the College Active Calendar- Entering and editing events. Worked with Content Management System (CMS). Created Excel Spreadsheets for compliance records. Assisted other staff with – more... various assignments. Fixed broken links throughout the NOVA site. Created voiceovers, audio editing, and Podcasts. (TV Center) – less
Productive and fun place to work
Administration and Office Specialist II (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 14, 2014
Productive and fun place to work; great work atmosphere; terrific location
Great colleagues to work with; fair and worthwhile administration
Professor of English (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 9, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere; terrific location just south of dc, and north of federicksburg, va.
Cons: lots of traffic at peak hours
I've worked here for 38 years off and on. I love the students, and my colleagues. But it's time to move on.
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Current Employee), Annandale, VAMay 3, 2014
•Assisted technical team in deploying new Windows 7 desktops on campus backing up/transferring data from old computers, reintegrating previous hardware (printers, scanners, faxes).Assisted users with problems in Microsoft Outlook, Windows XP, Windows 7 and related software suites. Installed and updated software and hardware on Lab computers. Provided – more... local and remote desktop support for NVCC instructors, program managers and students. Identified and removed computer viruses. – less
Learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 6, 2014
• Responsible for inbound and outbound phone calls
• Assisting students in scheduling appointments
• Working with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, & Outlook Email)
• Responsible for keeping track of all documentation and data entries
• Directed inbound calls to the proper department
Customer services professional with four years of experience within the food service industry.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: serious address with problem at-hand
Cons: no-cons
Cordial, friendly personality who is energetic when responding to problems. Emphasis on efficiently completing the task and providing excellent customer service. Well rounded, with a variety of professional experience. Work well independently or as part of a team. Dependable problemsolver with positive outlook.
Adjunct Professor- Biology
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Annandale, VAFebruary 18, 2014
Wonderful and productive experience instructing general biology to undergraduate students

1 2 3 4