Northern Virginia Community College Employee Reviews

great environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 20, 2017
Since it was a community college everything was all that an academic environment should be. Wonderful people, good management and a great support for students including myself having been an actual student there. Good working experience with great feedback and incentives from the staff.
Pros
close to home, great advancement opportunities
Very Relaxed Setting
Captionist (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VASeptember 19, 2017
Worked in the office and at home. Flexible hours. Many different jobs there. I did Captioning which is super flexible and easy. Need patients it takes a while to do.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Slow
Great place
Academic Advisor/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 13, 2017
Great place great people.Great atmosphere,Great emotions, Great surroundings, Great mountains to frequent in the nearby area. Great places to eat nearby.
nice working place
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VASeptember 7, 2017
very cooperative environment.Blessed to have such teachers ,who are always ready to help and solve your problems and encourage you ,so you can go further in your future.
Great Growth in being allowed to design and teach courses the way I wanted
Full Time Professor in Communication (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAAugust 19, 2017
After 17 years Full Time employment, it would have been satisfactory if I retire at the time I can no longer work. I believe I was unlawfully terminated.
Pros
Great compensation during term of employment
Cons
More coordination needed between agencies of the college
Northern Virginia Community College
IT Tutor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 16, 2017
There is a great place to know students come from around the world.
I learn how to handle multiple problems from students.
Time management is the hardest part because the most students will need to review all the lectures before final
Pros
friendly environment
productive, good learning, and nice workplace
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 16, 2017
Nearly all work-study jobs are conveniently located on a NOVA campus and work schedules are generally flexible around your class schedule. Federal work-study earnings do not reduce your financial aid eligibility when you reapply for aid.
Pros
same place for work and study
Cons
no advancement
fast paced Call Center
Education Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAAugust 10, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls regarding get started at NOVA. How to register for classes, create a student account. How to apply for Financial aid.
I learned to really multi-task, operate several programs at once.
The Culture for the Call Center was very diverse.
The most difficult part of the job was management. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Okay work place for PT emplyee
Library Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 3, 2017
Not a lot of growth opportunity for PT employees. I gained a lot of beneficial skills while working with NOVA however, I do not feel the pay is adequate for the amount and variety of work preformed.
Pros
nice work enviroment
Cons
not benefits, low pay with little increase and growth opportunity.
Great job opportunities benefits
Senior Electrician (Former Employee) –  Annandale, Loudoun and Alexandria VAJuly 19, 2017
Excellent company to work for, very good benefits,
Great people good leadership, The second largest College in USA, always opportunities for continue education
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about Northern Virginia Community College?

Ask a question
Well rounded learning experience, focused on bettering the College experience for students and employers
STUDENT LIAISON, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSIST (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 14, 2017
A great experience as a student employee. Many learning opportunities with autonomy and a strong team ethic. Community service opportunities built into work time.
Great experience working the advisors
Advisor Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAJuly 13, 2017
It was a wonderful experience and made me even more sure that I would like to pursue a career in management related.

Over the course of the work study, I was able to spend many hours with each resident listening to them, and talking with them about their goals and plans for the future. It was incredibly rewarding to be able to help them focus and make plans when so many of them started out without much hope.

Your advice and experience has been tremendously helpful throughout these past six months.
Great Place!
Off Campus Military Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 11, 2017
Excellent place to have a career and raise a family. The work is challenging so don't get bored, the staff is very friendly and available. Students are great.
Manager, Third Party Contracts Department (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits and friendly co-workers. It was gratifying to work with students seeking higher education and a brighter future.
It is always cool to be called "Professor"
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 30, 2017
NVCC is leader in the providing accessible education and preparing professionals that are always demanded at the contemporary job market. During my working experience with NVCC I have learned and developed complex of professional skills that are vital at any type of business, professional environment and social work.
Pros
Experiance, resume builder
Cons
Salary
Nvcc
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 30, 2017
Working in the central financial aid office was fun and interesting. I learned a lot about higher education as well as my co-workers were a great team. The hardest part of the job was if a student was no longer eligible for financial aid.
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
No advancement in pay
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 27, 2017
Happy with the environment. Able to grow professionally. Great staff to work with. Friendly, smart, hard working people. Great support and helpful. Great place
Great exprience passing on knowledge
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 26, 2017
Northern Virginia Community College, Manassas Campus has exceptional leadership. It is a vital part of the community in providing both a qualified work force in trades and college level education.
it was nice
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAJune 22, 2017
things i did were pretty fast paced but manageable. the tasks were simple. Watch a video, write down the words on a word document, and then send them to the person that would actually put those words into captions. all and all, the experience was pretty nice.
The NOVA work experience
Program/Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAJune 14, 2017
NOVA was a rewarding place. I learned a lot and found challenge in my job which lead to professional growth. NOVA is a very diverse environment. The many cultures that attend NOVA makes the experience here exciting. NOVA is student-centric. NOVA encourages all to enroll and find their niche here. I was glad to do my part to make the students' NOVA experience the best.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
So many choices sometimes