Northern Virginia Family Service

Northern Virginia Family Service Employee Reviews

Absolutely Professional Work Place! Fantastic!
FAmily Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAJune 26, 2014
NVFS is an absolutely professional, well structured place of work. It truly allows employees to grow as professionals and as individuals. NVFS is dedicated to the well being of at risk children and families. It is truly an amazing organization!

I enjoyed working for NVFS, the team was excellent and committed to do amazing work.

When I was hired, I had the opportunity to meet the company's CEO. She makes time to have an "open table, lunch" so that she can personally meet every new employee. I was with NVFS for over two years, during my anniversaries as an employee, I received an appreciation gift for my services; and for my birthdays I received a $50 gift card as a birthday gift.

This company not only cares about making a difference in the community, but also about making every employee feel appreciated and deserving of recognition.

Unfortunately, NVFS does not pay very well :(. The work is intense and underpaid, yet, it is definitely rewarding. My family was growing and I needed to earn more money to provide for my family. Otherwise, I would have stayed with NVFS for as long as possible!
Pros
CEO personally meets every new employee -
Cons
Low Salary :(
Caring professional staff
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAFebruary 3, 2014
This nonprofit company does important work for children and families.
Pros
The work is important and worthwhile.
Cons
Upper management can be unrealistic about the budget.
great headstart
Teacher's Aide/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 28, 2014
I work with a great group of people. I love working with kids. Trying to get as much as I need to know about how to run a Daycare/HeadStart program, I plan to open my own some day.
Provides tremendous growth and learning opportunity for employees.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAJanuary 17, 2013
A proven track record of meeting challenging business demands. work on requirements elicitation, analysis and business process documentation. Liaison between business stakeholders and development teams to understand business needs, recommend solutions and transform them into functional requirements.
Organization operationalizes its stated values, extremely diverse culturally and linguistically
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAJuly 15, 2012
Provides wide array of integrated services, leverages extensive collaboration with business, government, and private not-for profit entities. Innovative yet faithful to its core mission and values, recognized for its leadership regionally.
Pros
exceptionally strong management
Cons
relatively low compensation
management
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAMarch 14, 2012
It really depends on which department you work in on whether Managment care about it's empolyees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Virginia Family Service. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4