Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient Care Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Pleasant working environment, good co-workers. Hospital is growing and thus providing additional opportunities in healthcare.
When first joining the team, I loved it. Great atmosphere
Staff R.N. Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 28, 2016
When first hired I was part of a dynamic team. Co-workers were the best and very cohesive. Management had than changed & things were different. Worked nights and we grew as a team. Everyone was helpful to each other in any possible way.
Pros
seminars, educational updates, able to schedule your work days
Managers are terrible
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 14, 2016
Managers never take the employees side during conflicts with other departments and play favorites with select employees. They unjustly write up and suspend people left and right as personal vendettas. The only thing keeping me there are the benefits. Very political place to work, I've never been so stressed in my life.
Pros
Free medical care for full time union employees
Cons
Everything else
Amazing Place
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 10, 2016
Although my time was limited there as a temp, I loved working there. When they say they are patient-centered, they really mean it. Every process behind the scene in every department has the endgame of creating not just great care, but also a pleasant stay for every patient.
Pros
15% discount on cafeteria, Great environment
Cons
Lower-level employees and temps are disposable
Productive, Patient oriented place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 9, 2016
Working at Northern Westchester is a great experience. The level of patient and family centered care is impeccable. I have never worked for a institution that is as innovative as Northern Westchester Hospital.
Exceptional Care
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 7, 2016
This hospital is run efficiently. Overall Nursing Care is exceptional for Westchester County in comparison to other hospitals.
Pros
Code Team and Work envionment
Cons
False Accusations
very busy everyday at NWHC
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 21, 2016
My job at NWHC was to go in and prep from my day or night, I then made lunch and dinner for patients. Some night were very busy and some night were busy slow. It was difficult to work with some of my co-workers, some were not properly trained and some did not care how the food came out, they were just their for a paycheck.
Pros
union job very good benefits
Can not balance work and life
Credentialing and Contracting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 1, 2016
Finding it harder everyday to balance work and life. Employer never allows us to use our time off.

To much work not enough employees.
i have fun learning new things
Patient Care Technician/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 15, 2016
i have fun learning new things, i like meeting new people and working there is a lot of funiohojhb mtsdnbrnmfwesfv yfgbnrfevs mdzjlxou8yvhgi 3nvkm;5tg,bycun4krfevh8y neh5nvtgvjre
Safe, friendly environment.
Histology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYMay 3, 2016
I am responsible for accessioning all of the specimen from the operating room or other nearby out-of-hospital surgeries into the computer systems. It is important that every patient’s tissues are labeled and contained correctly. Throughout the day I gather tools and other materials for the histologists and gather slides or tissue samples for the pathologists upon their requests. As new slides from earlier in the day finish their specified staining processes, it is my job to take them to the pathologists so that they can diagnose what ailment the patient is suffering from.

Want to know more about Northern Westchester Hospital?

Ask a question
Toxic work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 21, 2016
Promotions are based on favorites not skill
High performers get stuck in their roles because their managers are afraid of losing them so they won't allow you to move to another role.
No matter how many times you go to HR about your terrible manager, nothing happens.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
managers are awful
Busy and eye-opening
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 17, 2016
This hospital is very busy, so be prepared to work. However, I got to see a lot of cool surgeries that I never thought I would get to see. Truly eye-opening.
Producing fast accurate work
Transfusion Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 18, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere although the work itself was high stress. Excellent working conditions and companions.Cafeteria was pretty average. The location was convenient to shopping, restaurants and bookstores. The best thing about it was the staff, the worst was the stress which is pretty typical in that field.
Pros
Free parking for staff
Cons
Minimal raises.
Great Place to work. Amazing Hospital
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working here. The staff is great as well as all the patients. It is a hospital that focuses greatly on patient care.
It is a lovely convient ethical place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Its a very nice peacful place to work everyone is cared for even the employees. Its a loving enviroment. Its a nice shift we use kronos and the emergency room is great and so are the doctors and nurses
Pros
HAPPY EVERYONE
Cons
YOU FLOAT ALOT
Always improving and progressing workplace, Very Very awesome co-workers, NWH is a very healthy and peaceful enviorment for the patients and staff.
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 1, 2015
To be a part of Northern Westchester Hospital was a GREAT experience. I was always learning new things and equipment, the staff is very welcoming and supportive. For a new student just graduating out of Surgical Tech school I felt honored to be a part of a five star rated hospital.
Pros
NWH is a five star rated hospital, Overall the experience was great, i gained more knowledge of the surgical field and materials used, I always felt as if i was expanding my knowledge, learning something new everyday, co-workers and staff were very encouraging, NWH has ba warm and welcoming feel as soon as you enter the doors
Cons
The commute was a little difficult i lived 1 hour away, I also was working as a case picker and not as a Surgical Technician
Well-rounded hospital with hard-working employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 28, 2015
Northern Westchester is a smaller hospital with a high volume of patients and extremely hard-working staff. They offer a highly diverse range of healing options from traditional Western medicine to integrative and holistic practices. The staff and patients seemed happy to be there. The doctors and nurses were very willing to help and teach.
Best Hospital around!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work!
The only 5 star hospital in the tri-state area.
Extremely warm and welcoming place to work with a very friendly staff.
Productive yet friendly environment
Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chappaqua, New YorkSeptember 15, 2015
At an outpatient clinic, you have the opportunity to really get to know your patient. For me, this is definietly the best part of the job. Working as a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist, you treat the patient everyday anywhere between 30-80 days. To some patients, this may feel like a lifetime to get through such treatments. I feel like it has been part of my responsibility to ensure they feel relaxed and addressing any needs they may have. However, it goes beyond that. When you are spending 4 hours a day for anywhere between 30-80 days, you get to know them more on a personal level. You look forward to when they came and in some cases, they look forward to coming as well. The patients we deal with sometimes are immobile or have to be confined to a chair for most of their day. They think of their treatment as social time, and often, sometimes so do we. I have found that this is what I enjoy the most. Whether you can make them laugh, or just listening to what they have to say can really make their entire day in some cases. This is the best feeling you could have as a healthcare provider. Its more then just delivering their treatment to a specific wound site, you are treating the whole person. That includes physically, psychologically, and emotionally. Sometimes all they need is someone to just listen. Its easier said then done but I have found that patients really appreciate this.
Interesting Job
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 6, 2015
While I have enjoyed my time at NWH, I feel that the new manager for the Patient Centered Support Services division is in way over her head.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Westchester Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Westchester Hospital Reviews by Location