Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 21, 2016
Promotions are based on favorites not skill
High performers get stuck in their roles because their managers are afraid of losing them so they won't allow you to move to another role.
No matter how many times you go to HR about your terrible manager, nothing happens.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
managers are awful
Busy and eye-opening
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 17, 2016
This hospital is very busy, so be prepared to work. However, I got to see a lot of cool surgeries that I never thought I would get to see. Truly eye-opening.
Great Place to work. Amazing Hospital
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working here. The staff is great as well as all the patients. It is a hospital that focuses greatly on patient care.
It is a lovely convient ethical place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Its a very nice peacful place to work everyone is cared for even the employees. Its a loving enviroment. Its a nice shift we use kronos and the emergency room is great and so are the doctors and nurses
Pros
HAPPY EVERYONE
Cons
YOU FLOAT ALOT
Always improving and progressing workplace, Very Very awesome co-workers, NWH is a very healthy and peaceful enviorment for the patients and staff.
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 1, 2015
To be a part of Northern Westchester Hospital was a GREAT experience. I was always learning new things and equipment, the staff is very welcoming and supportive. For a new student just graduating out of Surgical Tech school I felt honored to be a part of a five star rated hospital.
Pros
NWH is a five star rated hospital, Overall the experience was great, i gained more knowledge of the surgical field and materials used, I always felt as if i was expanding my knowledge, learning something new everyday, co-workers and staff were very encouraging, NWH has ba warm and welcoming feel as soon as you enter the doors
Cons
The commute was a little difficult i lived 1 hour away, I also was working as a case picker and not as a Surgical Technician
Well-rounded hospital with hard-working employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 28, 2015
Northern Westchester is a smaller hospital with a high volume of patients and extremely hard-working staff. They offer a highly diverse range of healing options from traditional Western medicine to integrative and holistic practices. The staff and patients seemed happy to be there. The doctors and nurses were very willing to help and teach.
Best Hospital around!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work!
The only 5 star hospital in the tri-state area.
Extremely warm and welcoming place to work with a very friendly staff.
Productive yet friendly environment
Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chappaqua, New YorkSeptember 15, 2015
At an outpatient clinic, you have the opportunity to really get to know your patient. For me, this is definietly the best part of the job. Working as a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist, you treat the patient everyday anywhere between 30-80 days. To some patients, this may feel like a lifetime to get through such treatments. I feel like it has been part of my responsibility to ensure they feel relaxed and addressing any needs they may have. However, it goes beyond that. When you are spending 4 hours a day for anywhere between 30-80 days, you get to know them more on a personal level. You look forward to when they came and in some cases, they look forward to coming as well. The patients we deal with sometimes are immobile or have to be confined to a chair for most of their day. They think of their treatment as social time, and often, sometimes so do we. I have found that this is what I enjoy the most. Whether you can make them laugh, or just listening to what they have to say can really make their entire day in some cases. This is the best feeling you could have as a healthcare provider. Its more then just delivering their treatment to a specific wound site, you are treating the whole person. That includes physically, psychologically, and emotionally. Sometimes all they need is someone to just listen. Its easier said then done but I have found that patients really appreciate this.
Interesting Job
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 6, 2015
While I have enjoyed my time at NWH, I feel that the new manager for the Patient Centered Support Services division is in way over her head.
An environment that cultivates wellness and healing
Unit Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 5, 2015
A privilege to be a part of this incredible team on all levels. Hospital standards are very high and has earned the unique status of being the first and only 5 star hospital. As any hospital, it is challenging, extremely fast paced and ever-changing. My role is to keep the synergy of a 3 unit floor running smoothly. When patients and their families are happy, we are happy.
Pros
Aesthetic areas to relax and re-energize for employees
Cons
Half hour lunch
Do not do it
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 17, 2015
Everything that can be bad about a work environment is bad at NWH. Do not work here. Horrible people and administration. The only good thing are how nice the patients are.
Great Hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mt KiscoJune 27, 2015
Great team work
5 star Rated Hospital
Great patient care
Medical Records and Chart Coordinator
Vocera and Meditech
Most Enjoyable part of the job is helping patients
A typical day is a great day
Pros
over time
interesting place to work. opportunity for job growth
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  medical/surgicalMay 4, 2015
Productive and interesting place to work. Assisted nurses and patients and their families with different needs. Learned many facets of the medical/surgical care of patients in a hospital.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  mt kiscoMarch 18, 2015
•sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
•vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies
•shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery
•dust and polish furniture and fittings
•clean metal fixtures and fittings
•empty and clean trash containers
•dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
•clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
•wipe down glass surfaces
•make up beds and change linens as required
•tidy up rooms
•wash windows as scheduled
•sort, wash, load and unload laundry
•iron and press clothing and linen
•sort, fold and put away clean laundry
•operate mechanized cleaning equipment
•maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
•monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
Productive and Friendly Place to work.
Sonography Externship (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 18, 2015
This is a planetree hospital. They really focuses on caring for their patients and making sure that most important things such as feeling safe, loved and comfortable are the priority of the care to their patients. The president and CEO of the company is very humble and the perks provided to the employees are greatly beneficial.
Pros
discounted diapers
nice place to work
HR Manager Employee Relations & Benefits (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 25, 2015
The culture is very family oriented. It is all about the patient and their families. It is a very nice place to work. I would recommend this organization to a friend. The hospital has been around for a very long time and is a huge part of the town.
This was a small community hospital will many services offered. It was fun coding a variety of difficult charts and learning alll the time.
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Port Ewen, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Northern Westchester offered a flexible schedule, learning opportunities in this field and constant upgrading in the various services. It was a good place to work and hone my skills in coding. I would have liked to continue working for this hospital but I am not permitted according to my retirement plan.
Pros
flexible schedules, overtime
Cons
could not code remotely a few days in the week
hard work
Housekeeper Environmental Services Department (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 10, 2014
ok job hard work and always busy. a lot of walking and running around.
Wonderful work place.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 13, 2014
My typical day starts with greeting my co-workers and helping them get their day started. I have learned many aspects of working in a hospital environment. The people I work with, from the Doctor's to the Housekeeper's are fantastic. The hardest part of the job is when I hear of someone’s passing. Weather young or old it’s never pleasant. The most enjoyable part is seeing families overjoyed when babies are born.
Great nurses, hard working staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYOctober 27, 2014
Typically care for 5-7 patients for 12 hr shift (overnight hours)
Largely mixed population
Staff (co-workers) are extremely hard working, caring and knowledgeable.