Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Reviews

good place to work
REGISTERED NURSE/MIXED MEDICAL/ONCOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 19, 2017
Northern Westchester Hospital is a magnet/ plane tree designated facility. It is a community hospital where everyone will know each individual. It is a great place to work and learn. I work in the mixed medical oncology unit and the greatest joy is spending time and providing care to those who need it the most in their last day.
Pros
staff are excellent
Cons
Difficult communicating with some doctors
Productive, fun work place
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoy working for this hospital. The people I work with are great, the benefits are very good, and you continually receive raises. The hospital always provides new learning experiences with constant training to improve the work force.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Tough to take breaks sometimes
i loving traveling to be in the operating room
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
busy from the time i walked in to the time i left. there is never down time in the operating at this hospital. To me management was fine , the hardest part of the job is not being able to help a patient.
workplace
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NY 10549June 27, 2017
I did weekly home visits with foster youth around Los Angeles and helped support their families in reunifying. I also co-facilitated a substance abuse group for teens involved in both the child welfare and juvenile justice systems. I loved working with foster youth, but felt limited in my role with child services and decided that becoming a therapist would be a better match.
Patient Centered, employee focused
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 26, 2017
Northern Westchester Hospital is a company that cares about it's employees, but doesn't always provide adequate staffing. It is a great atmosphere to work in and management wholeheartedly cares about the patient experience and helping the community.
Pros
Friendly management, strong commitment to employees
Cons
Inadequate staffing
Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 20, 2017
No clear defined clinical ladder or raises given out, when asking about a raise told that they do not give raises. Good benefit package and typical day at work is not hectic. Good patient population and diversity of patients.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Raises and promotions
Mixed reviews
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 18, 2017
Great staff in all depts.you really feel like Co workers are your family. Breaks are good and you are encouraged to take a full break. Middle management is horrible, too much micromanagement.LPNS are excluded from clinical ladder no room for growth.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Excellent mission however terrible management
Administrative Assistant / Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 9, 2017
This organization has a excellent mission statement and is awarded as being a Planetree organization, however employees are not valued and management is extremely biased with no direction.
Patient Care Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Pleasant working environment, good co-workers. Hospital is growing and thus providing additional opportunities in healthcare.
When first joining the team, I loved it. Great atmosphere
Staff R.N. Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 28, 2016
When first hired I was part of a dynamic team. Co-workers were the best and very cohesive. Management had than changed & things were different. Worked nights and we grew as a team. Everyone was helpful to each other in any possible way.
Pros
seminars, educational updates, able to schedule your work days
Managers are terrible
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 14, 2016
Managers never take the employees side during conflicts with other departments and play favorites with select employees. They unjustly write up and suspend people left and right as personal vendettas. The only thing keeping me there are the benefits. Very political place to work, I've never been so stressed in my life.
Pros
Free medical care for full time union employees
Cons
Everything else
Amazing Place
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 10, 2016
Although my time was limited there as a temp, I loved working there. When they say they are patient-centered, they really mean it. Every process behind the scene in every department has the endgame of creating not just great care, but also a pleasant stay for every patient.
Pros
15% discount on cafeteria, Great environment
Cons
Lower-level employees and temps are disposable
Productive, Patient oriented place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 9, 2016
Working at Northern Westchester is a great experience. The level of patient and family centered care is impeccable. I have never worked for a institution that is as innovative as Northern Westchester Hospital.
Exceptional Care
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 7, 2016
This hospital is run efficiently. Overall Nursing Care is exceptional for Westchester County in comparison to other hospitals.
Pros
Code Team and Work envionment
Cons
False Accusations
very busy everyday at NWHC
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 21, 2016
My job at NWHC was to go in and prep from my day or night, I then made lunch and dinner for patients. Some night were very busy and some night were busy slow. It was difficult to work with some of my co-workers, some were not properly trained and some did not care how the food came out, they were just their for a paycheck.
Pros
union job very good benefits
Can not balance work and life
Credentialing and Contracting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 1, 2016
Finding it harder everyday to balance work and life. Employer never allows us to use our time off.

To much work not enough employees.
i have fun learning new things
Patient Care Technician/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 15, 2016
i have fun learning new things, i like meeting new people and working there is a lot of funiohojhb mtsdnbrnmfwesfv yfgbnrfevs mdzjlxou8yvhgi 3nvkm;5tg,bycun4krfevh8y neh5nvtgvjre
Safe, friendly environment.
Histology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYMay 3, 2016
I am responsible for accessioning all of the specimen from the operating room or other nearby out-of-hospital surgeries into the computer systems. It is important that every patient’s tissues are labeled and contained correctly. Throughout the day I gather tools and other materials for the histologists and gather slides or tissue samples for the pathologists upon their requests. As new slides from earlier in the day finish their specified staining processes, it is my job to take them to the pathologists so that they can diagnose what ailment the patient is suffering from.
Toxic work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 21, 2016
Promotions are based on favorites not skill
High performers get stuck in their roles because their managers are afraid of losing them so they won't allow you to move to another role.
No matter how many times you go to HR about your terrible manager, nothing happens.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
managers are awful
Busy and eye-opening
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 17, 2016
This hospital is very busy, so be prepared to work. However, I got to see a lot of cool surgeries that I never thought I would get to see. Truly eye-opening.