Northern Westchester Hospital

Northern Westchester Hospital Employer Reviews

nice place to work
HR Manager Employee Relations & Benefits (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 25, 2015
The culture is very family oriented. It is all about the patient and their families. It is a very nice place to work. I would recommend this organization to a friend. The hospital has been around for a very long time and is a huge part of the town.
This was a small community hospital will many services offered. It was fun coding a variety of difficult charts and learning alll the time.
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee), Port Ewen, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, overtime
Cons: could not code remotely a few days in the week
Northern Westchester offered a flexible schedule, learning opportunities in this field and constant upgrading in the various services. It was a good place to work and hone my skills in coding. I would have liked to continue working for this hospital but I am not permitted according to my retirement plan.
hard work
Housekeeper Environmental Services Department (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYDecember 10, 2014
ok job hard work and always busy. a lot of walking and running around.
Wonderful work place.
Concierge (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 13, 2014
My typical day starts with greeting my co-workers and helping them get their day started. I have learned many aspects of working in a hospital environment. The people I work with, from the Doctor's to the Housekeeper's are fantastic. The hardest part of the job is when I hear of someone’s passing. Weather young or old it’s never pleasant. The most enjoyable part is seeing families overjoyed when babies are born.
Great nurses, hard working staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYOctober 27, 2014
Typically care for 5-7 patients for 12 hr shift (overnight hours)
Largely mixed population
Staff (co-workers) are extremely hard working, caring and knowledgeable.
intense, non stop but can be rewarding
Case Manager (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great friends staff
i usually start my day around 6:15 am (my hrs are 8-4). At least 3 times a week i work well past my time to go home. The needs of the hospital and patients are the most important.
managerial style is micro managing.
my co-workers are the nicest and hardiest working that i have ever had the pleasure to work with.
One of the hardest parts of the job is never getting off the floor for lunch. The other hard part is no recognition for a job well done.
Productive and fun workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYOctober 19, 2014
NWH is a patient centered facility that provides the best possible care. They are a designated Planetree Hospital.
Profession work environment
Director of Finance and Assistant Treasurer (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Enjoy coming to work. Entire work environment is pleasant. People are great to work with, all team players
Family Organization
Coordinator of Self Pay Collections (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no more opportunity for growth.
Enjoyed working at facility for over 13 years and given many opportunities to grow professionally.
Great management and wonderfult nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJuly 30, 2014
Pros: very harmonious hospital. wonderful staff.
Cons: one hour commute from my home
12 hour shift. Was a new nurse when started here and I learned a lot about nursing. Management was wonderful as well as my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being a new nurses a learning all I had to, to be a good nurse. Most enjoyable were my patients, family members, managers and co-nurses. Great place to work!
Worked night shift, very difficult on my family
Security Officer (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJune 6, 2014
Pros: great hospital, great doctors and nurses
Cons: severely limited staff, impossible to cover the territories, emergencies and handle parking lot watch.
Wonderful hospital, learned new surveillence systems, my co-workers were wonderful, the doctors and nurses were very pleased with my handleing emergency situations. The hardest part of the job was the severity of the short staffing. Staff cut down for night shift, it was impossible to cover the territory and respond to all emergencies with the limited staff.
productive work, focused on quality culture
Director (Current Employee), Mt. Kisco, NYFebruary 5, 2014
safety focused, perfection focused, top performer, quality initiatives,
Exceptional working environment
Concierge (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 5, 2014
I was able to utilize my exceptional communication and multitasking skills to aid patients and their family members when they entered the emergency department.
A beautiful ,organized, fun place to work
Registrar/Verifier (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYDecember 5, 2013
Pros: on wednesday at the main entrance they would have free lunches and drinks
Cons: parking
I loved working at Northern Westchester Hospital. I loved the people, my manager. It was great to have a manager that was always there for any questions I had. The Atmosphere was amazing everyone smiled and loved working at this facility. the benefits were great my co workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the hours that I worked It wasn't as busy as i'd have hoped it to be. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. From my immediate co workers to employees that just walked by you. The Management always, so nice and ready to help with any issues or problems I have.
Nice Place to work.
Intern Coder (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: hardly any work space to read the charts.
Intern Coder- Outpatient coding and Ambulatory Surgery Coding.
What you learned to become more proficient at medical coding.
Management and co-workers. very nice people to work with.
Hardest part of the job- learning many different medical terms.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learn the medical terms and understanding the usage of the medical terms.
NWH is a wonderful place to work with an amazing culture
Supervisor HIM (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYNovember 11, 2013
I have gained so much experience during my time at Northwern Westchester Hospital. The employees and the culture make it a wonderful place to work. They are always striving to be the best for thei staff and patients.
Schizophrenic Leadership More Concerned About Plaques in Lobby than Patients
Manager (Former Employee), OperationsOctober 7, 2013
Pros: nice facility
Cons: excessive employee turnover
There are some very smart, competent clinical people at this hospital. Unfortunately leadership is so driven for the wrong reasons. Is very cliquish. If you are not part of the Bedford/Chappaqua movers and shakers club you are on your own. The only reason they function is because they have money to burn. If they were held to the fiscal standards of any other small hospital, they would certainly fail in what they do. VP of Operations is a nightmare to work for. If you are seeking a low level or mid management level position, you should probably have a positive experience. If you have anything to do with operations and you want to work less than 7 days per week / 12 hours per day, look elsewhere.
A fast-paced environment/meeting and speaking to people
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 26, 2013
A fast-paced job dealing with numerous calls from the outside and inside of hospital. Also, I dispatched transporters throughout the hospital. Answered patient calls and dispatched messages to nurses. I worked with a group of fine individuals. This job required being on time to work. Also, did the codes called throughout the hospital. The hardest part of the job was having coverage always, not just leaving your desk when you wanted to. I enjoyed speaking and meeting people everyday.
Great
Strategic Planning and Business Development Intern (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Great place to work; High quality leadership; interested in quality and satisfaction of staff. Really good people.
A day at work
Chart Coordinator/ Concierge (Current Employee), Mount Kisco, NYAugust 23, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is staying busy, and the differnt things I learn on a daily basis.