Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Reviews

Managers are terrible
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 14, 2016
Managers never take the employees side during conflicts with other departments and play favorites with select employees. They unjustly write up and suspend people left and right as personal vendettas. The only thing keeping me there are the benefits. Very political place to work, I've never been so stressed in my life.
Pros
Free medical care for full time union employees
Cons
Everything else
When first joining the team, I loved it. Great atmosphere
Staff R.N. Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 28, 2016
When first hired I was part of a dynamic team. Co-workers were the best and very cohesive. Management had than changed & things were different. Worked nights and we grew as a team. Everyone was helpful to each other in any possible way.
Pros
seminars, educational updates, able to schedule your work days
Toxic work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 21, 2016
Promotions are based on favorites not skill
High performers get stuck in their roles because their managers are afraid of losing them so they won't allow you to move to another role.
No matter how many times you go to HR about your terrible manager, nothing happens.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
managers are awful
very busy everyday at NWHC
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 21, 2016
My job at NWHC was to go in and prep from my day or night, I then made lunch and dinner for patients. Some night were very busy and some night were busy slow. It was difficult to work with some of my co-workers, some were not properly trained and some did not care how the food came out, they were just their for a paycheck.
Pros
union job very good benefits
Amazing Place
Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 10, 2016
Although my time was limited there as a temp, I loved working there. When they say they are patient-centered, they really mean it. Every process behind the scene in every department has the endgame of creating not just great care, but also a pleasant stay for every patient.
Pros
15% discount on cafeteria, Great environment
Cons
Lower-level employees and temps are disposable
Producing fast accurate work
Transfusion Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 18, 2016
Relaxed atmosphere although the work itself was high stress. Excellent working conditions and companions.Cafeteria was pretty average. The location was convenient to shopping, restaurants and bookstores. The best thing about it was the staff, the worst was the stress which is pretty typical in that field.
Pros
Free parking for staff
Cons
Minimal raises.
Safe, friendly environment.
Histology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYMay 3, 2016
I am responsible for accessioning all of the specimen from the operating room or other nearby out-of-hospital surgeries into the computer systems. It is important that every patient’s tissues are labeled and contained correctly. Throughout the day I gather tools and other materials for the histologists and gather slides or tissue samples for the pathologists upon their requests. As new slides from earlier in the day finish their specified staining processes, it is my job to take them to the pathologists so that they can diagnose what ailment the patient is suffering from.
Productive, Patient oriented place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 9, 2016
Working at Northern Westchester is a great experience. The level of patient and family centered care is impeccable. I have never worked for a institution that is as innovative as Northern Westchester Hospital.
Exceptional Care
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 7, 2016
This hospital is run efficiently. Overall Nursing Care is exceptional for Westchester County in comparison to other hospitals.
Pros
Code Team and Work envionment
Cons
False Accusations
Can not balance work and life
Credentialing and Contracting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJune 1, 2016
Finding it harder everyday to balance work and life. Employer never allows us to use our time off.

To much work not enough employees.
A beautiful ,organized, fun place to work
Registrar/Verifier (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 5, 2013
I loved working at Northern Westchester Hospital. I loved the people, my manager. It was great to have a manager that was always there for any questions I had. The Atmosphere was amazing everyone smiled and loved working at this facility. the benefits were great my co workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was the hours that I worked It wasn't as busy as i'd have hoped it to be. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. From my immediate co workers to employees that just walked by you. The Management always, so nice and ready to help with any issues or problems I have.
Pros
on Wednesday at the main entrance they would have free lunches and drinks
Cons
Parking
i have fun learning new things
Patient Care Technician/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 15, 2016
i have fun learning new things, i like meeting new people and working there is a lot of funiohojhb mtsdnbrnmfwesfv yfgbnrfevs mdzjlxou8yvhgi 3nvkm;5tg,bycun4krfevh8y neh5nvtgvjre
Always improving and progressing workplace, Very Very awesome co-workers, NWH is a very healthy and peaceful enviorment for the patients and staff.
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 1, 2015
To be a part of Northern Westchester Hospital was a GREAT experience. I was always learning new things and equipment, the staff is very welcoming and supportive. For a new student just graduating out of Surgical Tech school I felt honored to be a part of a five star rated hospital.
Pros
NWH is a five star rated hospital, Overall the experience was great, i gained more knowledge of the surgical field and materials used, I always felt as if i was expanding my knowledge, learning something new everyday, co-workers and staff were very encouraging, NWH has ba warm and welcoming feel as soon as you enter the doors
Cons
The commute was a little difficult i lived 1 hour away, I also was working as a case picker and not as a Surgical Technician
Busy and eye-opening
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYApril 17, 2016
This hospital is very busy, so be prepared to work. However, I got to see a lot of cool surgeries that I never thought I would get to see. Truly eye-opening.
It is a lovely convient ethical place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Its a very nice peacful place to work everyone is cared for even the employees. Its a loving enviroment. Its a nice shift we use kronos and the emergency room is great and so are the doctors and nurses
Pros
HAPPY EVERYONE
Cons
YOU FLOAT ALOT
Schizophrenic Leadership More Concerned About Plaques in Lobby than Patients
Manager (Former Employee) –  OperationsOctober 7, 2013
There are some very smart, competent clinical people at this hospital. Unfortunately leadership is so driven for the wrong reasons. Is very cliquish. If you are not part of the Bedford/Chappaqua movers and shakers club you are on your own. The only reason they function is because they have money to burn. If they were held to the fiscal standards of any other small hospital, they would certainly fail in what they do. VP of Operations is a nightmare to work for. If you are seeking a low level or mid management level position, you should probably have a positive experience. If you have anything to do with operations and you want to work less than 7 days per week / 12 hours per day, look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
excessive employee turnover
strong nurse leader
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 13, 2012
I am a strong nurse leader with solid administrative experience, proven expertise in patient care/advocacy, quality improvement, clinical skills and with staff development, mentoring, can coaching to performance.
I have demonstrated an ability to forge, lead, and motivate outstanding healthcare teams that provide top quality patient care and am known for having outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
I most often act as a change agent and catalyst to create a postiive, safe work environment entrenched in a "just culture" or "culture of accountability" philosophy.
I enjoy being a nurse leader, and a leader in general. I consistently strive to find ways in which both I as an individual and my temas can have a positive impact on health care and in life in general.
Pros
job diversity
Cons
little funding for integrative medicine
Demanding and stressful
RN (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYApril 26, 2013
Demanding, stressful, isolating and no support from management. I would not consider it a great place to work. People don't care they only care about covering their own butts. The patients are demanding, entitled, selfish and disrespectful to the bedside caregivers also the families are ten times worst than the patients. Management main concerns are that (1) the patients return positive evaluation of their stay at the hospital (2) receiving the coveted magnet trophy and (3) the precious plane tree status. Personally I don't believe they deserve magnet status, if my understanding of it is correct. Incidently they had the staff brain washed and went into full training gear to achieve the big prize.
Pros
great orientation and conviently located
Cons
nwhc status well overated
Great Place to work. Amazing Hospital
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working here. The staff is great as well as all the patients. It is a hospital that focuses greatly on patient care.
Well-rounded hospital with hard-working employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 28, 2015
Northern Westchester is a smaller hospital with a high volume of patients and extremely hard-working staff. They offer a highly diverse range of healing options from traditional Western medicine to integrative and holistic practices. The staff and patients seemed happy to be there. The doctors and nurses were very willing to help and teach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Westchester Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Westchester Hospital Reviews by Location