Northfield Hospital & Clinics

Northfield Hospital & Clinics Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at NHC. I was an admissions representative during my time there. They do a great job making sure that you feel comfortable at the job, before they just throw you in. If I hadn't moved away, I would love to still work for them.
Official response from Northfield Hospital & Clinics
May 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear you had a positive experience with us and felt comfortable in your job. We're sorry to hear you moved away, but wish you best of luck on your next journey!

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 13, 2017
I enjoy my job, very excellent organization t. I treat all our patients as our home guests. Administrators/management team are great and supportive. I work in admission checking in patients all day long.
Pros
Our administratior/management team take time to come and bring healthy treats and connect with us.
Cons
do a great job keeping up with policies
Official response from Northfield Hospital & Clinics
April 17, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your job. Providing patient-centered care is our top priority, thanks for making it yours too!

Love working for Northfield EMS-Family Atmosphere
EMS (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 30, 2016
Northfield EMS is a great organization. They are far from a "good old boys club" as half the staff are women, including a female Supervisor and an Medical Director. I feel the management team works well and provides strong yet fair leadership skills. If you are poor at patient care and have terrible skills, then your career at Northfield EMS will short. If you come to work, do your very best, excel at providing superior patient care, you will have no worries as management will always have "your back."
Pros
Working Atmosphere, Friendly staff, forward thinking leaders
Cons
Highly trained crews, a some bad apples
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 20, 2016
EMS crews are highly trained. Many of the crew members are good folks and good partners. EMS management is where the problem lies. It's more of a good ol boys club. The director has been there forever yet talks about how change is. One supervisor is arrogant and celf centered to the highest level I've ever seen. The other two supervisor's are good folks that came from the crew. EMS is a good place to work as long as you go to work, do your job, go to your trainings. Don't stand out. If there's a problem, try to solve it with your partners. If that doesn't work then go to management. Hospital management is too blind to the troubles in EMS. Great place to work if all you want to do is help people. Good equipment, good training, some good crew members.
Pros
Helping people, great training, many good crew members, good equipment
Cons
Management, taking on projects, no real command system
ok
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 29, 2016
It is a good company to work for. Too many on-call and not enough pay. Small office environment, There isn't much more to say.
A lot of unhappy coworkers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield Family Health clinicFebruary 5, 2016
The Northfield clinic is very poorly managed and there is a lack of communication between departments and from supervisors to employees. Supervisors give preferential treatment to their circle of friends. You have to use 16 hours of your own PTO before you can utilize your sick bank. The family health insurance is very expensive. The pay is sub average to what you would get paid in Lakeville or Burnsville. A lot of nurses and CMA's would put in a year of work to gain experience and then get a job in Burnsville paying $4-$5 an hour more. And it very much lacked a team atmosphere. There is a lot of frustration and unhappiness among coworkers.
Pros
paid holidays, no weekends
Cons
expensive healthcare, no sick days, poor management, negative work environment
nice place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale, MNJuly 5, 2013
was a great place to work with. everyone is so willing to help you and go the extra mile. understandable about life.
Pros
understandable
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northfield Hospital & Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3