Northland Group Inc Employee Reviews

If you can hit the monthly goals you will make a ton of money
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 27, 2017
I was paid very well at Northland Group and that was the best part about this job. I also hit my goals 90% of the time and they compensate you well if you are a goal hitter.
Pretty average job
Call center Agent (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJNovember 21, 2017
Its pretty much what you would expect in working with debt collection. You make about 200 calls per day but only about 10 people would answer the phone. The few people who would answer would holler and curse at you for just doing your job which is never fun but if you can handle that then you would be fine.
There was plenty of optional overtime and you do receive paid six holidays off. PTO and sick time are joint together and everyone starts off with 12 days per year.
Main thing I didn't like which I held the company accountable for, they would only give you commission if everyone on your team hits goal but then they would often ask you to assist another team. So the payments you would get for the other team would not go towards your team's goal. Also when I was hired your commission % was unlimited, then after I was hired it became fixed. So if you made 150% towards goal you would get the same commission check as someone who got 100%
As long as they see you trying, they will not discipline you for not reaching goal.
Pros
Hour lunch break, easy to get hired, holidays off
Cons
Poor benefits
overall great place to work
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2017
great place to work, mutual respect atmosphere, open door policy is good, opportunity for advancement somewhat limited, employee breakroom too small for the amount of employees
Pros
team activities lunches etc
Do not work here
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 19, 2017
I worked at northland for 4 years they don’t care about your life outside of work I have two kids and when my son got sick I couldn’t get my 40 hours for the week so they take away your pto for a whole month and give senior collectors the good accounts and give you the leftovers
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Business
Pathetic
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 21, 2017
2000 Dollar bonus lol they will fire u before u get it...They gear all money making opportunities to their favorite people...Management is lazy ...Run from this place as fast as u can. I worked there 7 years and was good and it meant nothing to them......Ive seen it all....Much better agencies out there that is why turnaround is so high
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Them
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2017
very structure, organized job. manager is understanding and welcoming. great place to be and Wonderful coworkers. Family feel. The job can get frustrating but it all works out, everyone has the same goal.
It was a good steady job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNOctober 6, 2017
This was a good job as a debt collector had medical and dental benefits as well as a 401k. the pay was good and commission was paid as well. I would definitely suggest this company
Pros
Good Pay and Good Hours
Cons
sitting all day
Fun place to work
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 5, 2017
Management was easy going and the workplace culture was amazing.The hardest part of the job was adapting to the constant change of monthly bonus payouts.
Pros
Split shifts
Cons
No overtime
inbound call center to assit with loans
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 2, 2017
This was an inbound and outbound call center environment. I had to assist consumers with loans. I would take payments over the phone and also right new leases for loans if needed
good life experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 20, 2017
try to stay away from this industry if you can,========, not always a kind place to work =================, if you know what i mean.===================
Management unprofessional
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 5, 2017
Toxic atmosphere

Blame game

Walk on eggshells

Manager takes credit for all

Willfull blindness by upper management of known issues in department.

Negative team building

Non existent interdepartmental communication
Non existent employee satisfaction and engagement concerns

Corporate office wiped out the culture that made it a great company.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Manager
fun work environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2017
It was a great place to work. The management was always their to answer our questions. Co-workers were always their to help you. Everyone their was every nice.
Pros
Great place
Very unproductive
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJAugust 22, 2017
management was not that good the never wanted to listen experience collectors . the hours were okay for the collection industry but coworkers worked when ever they wanted
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Benifits management
Copany Review
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 12, 2017
Northland Group has no flexibility. That would be the only thing that I would say at this time. There are many nice employees as well. It's right on the bus line too.
worst place to work at
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2017
My manager was the best no complaints from him but the company as a whole was very janky, they were never far with commission they would take some of your commission for dumb things. Was never sure if you was going to walk in and have a job or not. We found out our office was getting shut down with no notice at all they just walk in and said the office was shut down and that was it we were on our own for that, This is the worst company to work no advancement or even thinking about moving up in the company find another job do not work for them.
Pros
my manager, pto
Cons
everything else
Okay if you like what you do
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJMay 22, 2017
Job was not bad during the week. Daily functions went by very fast. Well trained and adverse people to help with improvement of overall goals for company and self made ones.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
Bad co-workers
Fast Paced Collections
Dialer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 8, 2017
At Northland Group Inc. I was a dialer specialist where I spent most of the day answering calls from an automated dialer system and resolving past due accounts. I learned to work effectively in a fast paced environment. Management was very supportive and knowledgeable. Workplace culture was very fast paced and competitive. Teamwork was always emphasized. Hardest part of the job was getting used to the quick pace of work initially. Most enjoyable part of the job was having the top numbers among teammates.
Pros
Fast paced, competitive envrionment
Cons
Limited opportunities at Phoenix, AZ office.
Fun employees
Collector (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2017
The co worker were fine as far as job security goes you knew something fishy was always going on, people would come in when they want to, manager would come in when they felt like it, felt like you couldn't advance in the company no matter how hard you worked
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Felt isolated.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 25, 2017
Northland Group seems lost in what they are really trying to achieve. The company is very isolating and has no patience. They lack a sense of identity and everyone seems like they don't want to be there.
nice work environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 5, 2017
You learn how to deal with customers in every situation good or bad. You need stay calm and respectful. Know when to have empathy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northland Group Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7