Northland Group Employee Reviews

A fun work place but yet very busy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe ArizonaMay 11, 2014
Pros: oppurtunity for bonuses
Cons: the company went out of buisness
Inbound and outbound call center. I learned a lot and continued to grow with my skills in customer service.
Rewarding and exciting environment
Childcare Worker (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: working with children and their parents, flexibility of hours, great co-workers and boss.
Cons: keeping with the schedule sometimes, parents sometimes not having all the necessities for the child in our care.
Great place to work and utilize my skills. Working with children to further develop their motor skills as well as imaginations. I learned about child development. My co-workers were excellent people to be around and my boss was very understanding and fair, it was a very good environment to be in. The hardest part of this job was keeping the children entertained and keeping there attention which was done by the lesson plan and tasks we did. Best part of this job is working with children and their parents i throughly enjoy working with children and helping them grow.
Fun Enviroment
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 26, 2013
I loved the coworkers but the job has low job security. They do lay offs a lot.
Hardworking yet fun
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Edina, MNApril 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great people
Cons: healthcare, late nights, goals
A typical day at work was coming in and sitting down at your desk and having a nice hot cup of coffee. Doing your normal routines checking accounts and correcting them, receiving in and outbound calls. What you learn before and after is the basic communication skills to work with someone or connect with them much quicker and in the end you come out with better communication skills. Hardest part of the job was getting to your goal, basically receiving a certain amount of money in a certain time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to connect with your employee's and have such great conversations and meet/hearing new things in life.
Stable income with flexible schedule
Debt Management Specialist/Bill Collector (Current Employee), Edina, MNJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, great healthcare
Cons: poor 401k plan, little room for advancement/job change within same company
Working at Northland Group has taught me to be resourceful and to remain positive in the face of constant changes. The most enjoyable part of the job has been the people I work with and their support. The hardest part of the job has been getting burned out talking with people who have real hardships. Overall, I know what to expect each day and the company has allowed me the freedom to find what techniques would make me successful.
Stable income with flexible schedule
Pros: excellent pay, great healthcare
The greastest job I ever had,It was my life
Collector (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: it was very professional and clean and i loved working there.
Working at Northlclosed the and was GREAT! It was a collections company and I was responsable for getting past due accounts pd. I skipped traced, worked with debt settlement companies.Most of my co-workers had been there as long as myself and we were like one big family and that was my home. The hardest part of the job was going home! The most enjoyable part was working with people you really enjoyed being around and the bonus checks. It was just a really nice place to work and very professional.I was very sad when they closed the office.
Great company culture
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2012
Pros: customer/ team centric organization
Cons: changes to variable compensation
Managing over 250 accounts daily. Learned new compliance/legal/regulatory skills. Enhanced knowledge of call center infrastructure. Enjoyed mentoring new enployees and coaching tenured employees through difficult change management and escalations. The hardest part of the job was regulation fluctuations. The most enjoyable was providing quality service and assisting clients with eliminating their debt stress.
Collections are hard in a down economy.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Edina, MNMarch 16, 2012
Very hard collections in a down economy.More training could be provided.
worst company ever
collections (Current Employee), edina, mnJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: they make you think that you can make money
All they do is fill you with false promises. They are constantly searching for new ways to cut employee pay and benefits. They do not have their employees' best interests at heart. They are greedy and cold. They have an Operations Manager who seems to think that work needs to be a prison like environment.