NORTHLAND INVESTMENT CORPORATION Employee Reviews

There are far better employers out there.
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TXJune 20, 2016
Northland had zero loyalty to their employees. No matter how long you are with the company or how hard you work- you are just a warm body. They only invest in making money, not their employees. There is a major lack of communication from upper management to onsite managers. The 'training' they provide is a joke especially if it's for a promotion. No real uniformity in how that whole process works. If a resident complains good luck with upper management having your back. You are guilty and always the one in the wrong before they even get the full story- guilty until you prove yourself innocent. No support for the onsite managers at all.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
No communication, no support from upper management, no uniformity in proceedures, no loyalty to their employeepay, underp
Great Company with good training and selection on regional level
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 18, 2015
I was fortunate enough to have mentor for several years that helped me learn the multifamily industry so much. My sales and marketing skills are directly related to her ability and knowledge as a regional manager. I also felt "connected" to upper management and they understood my strengths and were not above having conversations with me to support and grown myself and my team.
Pros
communication, upper management support, collaboration
Cons
pay and bonus could be brought up to market value especially in thriving markets
***Do yourself a favor***
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 21, 2015
After working for this company for a very long time, having excellent performance reviews and promotions, when one person wants a "bulls-eye" on your back, they have no loyalty. I firmly believe in customer service, but no matter what the complaint is, with Northland you are GUILTY until you can prove your innocence. They have absolutely no loyalty to their employees. They expect more and pay less. After 8 years with the company,I have never had a job that has been as stressful as this. Nothing but FAKE FAKE FAKE people.
Pros
Lots of Trainng
Cons
Not supportive of the team and no loyalty to employees.
Superb company with opportunity for growth and promotion
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 5, 2013
Northland Investment Corporation is a fantastic company to work for. Each workday is filled with challenges and requires problem solving. Since working at Northland Investment Corporation, I have a greater understanding of the rental/property management industry, particularly the financial aspects.
Pros
quality training, excellent benefits, team environment
Professional and positive atmosphere, fun resident activities
Madison at Stone Creek Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2014
Majority of the day was focused on increasing number of residents through site tours, follow-up and marketing to outside businesses.
This routine helped me build sales techinques, meet and exceed quotas, and gain additional customer service experience. All co-workers played a key role in meetings goals. The ability to execute almost any and every idea and plan was more than enjoyable; putting together and hosting resident events.

Most difficult was delay on decisions due to inability to contact outside management directly since it is a corporately run property and management company; lack of empowerment.
Pros
stable and consistent in all aspects
Cons
lack of interaction with upper management
Great management company.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 3, 2012
My day consisted of showing apartments. Assisting future residents with paper work, credit reports, leasing packages for approval from management. Following up by calling customers from the previous day. Posting checks, move in packages, and helping residents and with work orders.

I worked alone on Saturday and Sunday, which was a challenge, and the most difficult part of this position.
Pros
still in contact with some residents, and have become long time friends.
Cons
difficult to work this property which did not have elevators in the summer heat.
I will never recommend this management.
Multi-family Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 4, 2014
I would like to work for a company that cares about their employees and provide training.No support from upper management, they expect for new employees to know about the company system in their own; you will be working alone and without any type of training.
A company who cares
Applicant/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  W. Palm Beach FL/Palm Beach Gardens FlJune 22, 2014
As an applicant for employment and reviewing "ALL ABOUT NORHTLAND" it gave me a strong sense of a great company to work with, plus, the feeling of team work amongst everyone.
I chose to write a comment simply because a huge smile was brought to my face, a 'pick-me-up' knowing the employees of Northland are productive and have immediate contact for help and guidance. Thank you Northland for being there for so many people!
Sincerely meant!!!!!!
Pros
professional, people oriented, incentives and team work
Cons
can't think of any! my theory is we make it positive!
Worked as Executive Assistant to CEO and Office Manager.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 15, 2012
Position included all aspects of HR, maintaining investment portfolios, dealing with vendors, employee benefits, and travel.
A good company
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2012
A typical day varies. I am responsible for answering the phones, following through on work requests sent in by tenants, running reports on tenant rent - collecting outstanding charges on their account, coding invoices, entering electricity usage for 20+ meters.
working hard
Porter (Current Employee) –  houstonOctober 29, 2014
always something to do always working hard in whatever weather there was in the heat or cold always working hard

NORTHLAND INVESTMENT CORPORATION Reviews by Location