Northland Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is a full service HVAC construction, service, controls and building integration company that works hand in hand with consulting engineering firms and building owners to provide them with the best possible solution for their project or building. We are seeking a Building Automation Controls Project Engineer to assist us in our growth of this area of our business.
Under general direction, responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops complex software programs, commissions and troubleshoots to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, field installation team and subcontractors.
1. Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
2. Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
3. Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
4. Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
5. Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
6. Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
7. Keeps management and customer informed of job progress and issues.
8. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control system.
9. Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
10. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Requirements of this position are:
1. Must have Tridium AX experience. PPCL experience is a plus.
2. Must have AutoCAD experience.
3. Must have MS Visio Experience.
4. Must have a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
5. Must have excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
6. Must have a demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
7. Must have HVAC experience.
8. Working in the Twin Cities Metro Area.
Position offers strong career growth potential and excellent benefits including health, dental, 401K matching, plus so much more. Salary range: $60,000-$85,000 annually depending on your skills and experiences.