NORTHLAND PIONEER COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Northland Pioneer College requires more vision and innovation to successfully move the institution into the near future of higher education
CSR (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZJuly 11, 2017
There was no greater experience than working with the students. Workplace culture is something I developed over time utilizing a culturally diversified approach coupled with creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills.
Pros
Tuition waiver
Benefits
Expanding minds and transforming lives!
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Snowflake, AZMay 23, 2017
While working for the Northland Pioneer College as a federal work study I noticed how friendly ALL the workers were and how willing they are to help anyone in need. The work hours were flexible for my position due to my classes and even though I had managers they treated me as if I was on the same level as them. No one was pushy or rude and always supported me to do my best at everything. They were very helpful and considerate through all that they did and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with their company.
Pros
Potlucks, friendly co-workers, free tuition for full time employees...
Fun workplace
Cosmetology receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winslow, AZApril 24, 2017
Start off with getting cash register ready and look for appointments for that day. beginning filing and putting papers for student and patients files. End of day collect and cash out daily reports of services.
Pros
greet communication with supervisors
fun while going to school
Welder/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZDecember 2, 2016
I was a student there and became a lab aide it paid me while learning and i got to spend more time in the shop. i also was able to teach a little so it was a learning experience as a teacher as well.
Rewarding and progressive employer!
DUAL ENROLLMENT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Snowflake, AZJune 29, 2016
Northland Pioneer College is an outstanding 2-year, community college institution which provides excellent employment opportunities to both staff and students. The working atmosphere is close-knit, and colleagues truly care for one another. Additionally, managers are consistently searching for innovative ways to improve the delivery of academic opportunities to the citizens of northeastern Arizona; an area that encompasses two large, rural counties that equals a coverage area the size of West Virginia.
Pros
Excellent management staff!
Cons
Locations are far apart.
great place to work with a team.
Lab aid (Current Employee) –  Saint Johns, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I love the job I have here, I am always active and helping someone move forward. I have had no problem with the other employees I have encountered.
Pros
it is like a team. everyone is trying to help everyone seceed.
Fun place to work.
Manager of Career and Workforce Business Services (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, AZJuly 19, 2015
I am provided the flexibility to be innovative in creating partnerships and programs with workforce partners.

When students, alumni, and community members share with me that they found a job; I couldn't be happier.
Great place to work with excelent benifits.
Grounds Keeper (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Northland Pioneer College is a great place to work, friendly staff and they offer everything you could ask for as an employer. The typical day at work for me would be turning a weed infested campus into a beautiful place to look at. This job has taught me that hard work, truly hard work doesn't go unnoticed. The hardest part of this job would be the weather, when its hot, cold, raining, or just windy it makes my job that much more difficult. As for co-workers I couldn't ask for two better people to work with. The most enjoyable part about this job is all the compliments I receive on a daily basis.
Pros
Break room, paid hollidays.
Cons
It is a temporary job.
Positive, flexible working environment, great benefits, comp pay and time off
General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, AZApril 16, 2014
Working for NPC is a great experience. The atmosphere is extremely positive and up beat. There is always room for advancement and is encouraged. The benefits are great, although the costs for medical for spouse and children is a little high.
Pros
benefits, pay, environment
Cons
spouse and children insurance costs
I was laid off at the end of the semester.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kayenta, AZFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoyed working at the college and I gain skills in the clerical field and educational services.
Pros
Gaining knowledge with the Higher Level Education
Cons
Laid off at the end of each semester.
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  Winslow, AZJanuary 22, 2014
Learned to be profiencient very well orginized. Graduated with clerical expertise
Great Co-workers and friendly environment
Purchasing and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZSeptember 16, 2013
Very family oriented and family atmosphere environment. I felt that all my co-workers were like family. Set hours and days, regular schedule. I typically spent several hours on the phone and working online to find best deals possible in purchasing merchandise needed/required for school operations. Worst part of my job was location compared to MY supervisor/management. This meant I was not necessarily kept up to date on Department operations.
Pros
environment
Cons
convocation
gives oppertunity to those that would not have one if the school was elseware
Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whiteriver, AZJune 27, 2013
Seeing the students change from worrying about a GED to thinking bout a college degree, is the best part. with all the different supervisors i have had, the intention seems to be paramount to how the place operates
Furthered my desire to learn.
Assistant Human Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZNovember 2, 2012
Instructed students throughout their Medical Assisting Education. Easy job. Low stress. Satisfying work.
Pros
low stress, worked well with my college attendance.
Cons
only 2 semesters long.
lab aide
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZAugust 17, 2012
I really enjoyed working at the college with all the teachers, professors, and faculty. It was truly a remarkable experience.
Pros
learned skills can use in everyday life.